Paul Pierce - "I don't think Kobe is the best, I am the best."

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #161
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,126 | Props total: 1001 1001
If you don't go in thinking your best then , you've lost already . I aint mad at him for saying that . Thats the type of attitude you need to have .
 9 years ago '06        #162
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Armen87 said:
kobe's gona drop 82 on Pierce and company next season
Kobe would trade his 81 for Finals Mvp 8 days a week and twice on Sunday
 9 years ago '04        #163
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 28 28
 beantown85 said:
ur a fu*king moron did you see the analysts??? Only one person from ESPN out of all their so called experts picked the celtics and that was Tim Legler. He's the only one. So of course the Celtics weren't expected to win and who gives a fu*k if a team has 10+ year veterans that doesnt' mean that they gonna win anything. None of those guys were acitng liek they were in the league for 2 or 3 years sh*tstain, Allen and KG had been stuck with sh*tty franchises and Pierce was in constant rebuilding mode in Boston so yea those guys came together and got their sh*t together with a goal in mind that goal was accomplished yet losers like yourself are still sore about it

lol who gives a sh*t want an analyst from espn has to say
the facts are facts ray, paul, garnett, pj brown, cassell, posey won a title with heat, all been in the league for years against youngsters turiaf, sasha, farmar, walton, ariza, gasol (never been out first round), odom (been out first round once) dont be mad cause the celtics didnt do anything special and i wont drink the green cool aid like you
the celtics did what they were supposed to do and thats absolutely nothing special
 9 years ago '07        #164
Captain Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,045 | Props total: 7546 7546
 Armen87 said:
did he even drop 82 points in the 6 games collectively in the finals?:rolleyes:
 9 years ago '06        #165
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
 KSoraci7 said:
The identity of the Celtics before the big trade was that of a youth movement. You don't win with a bunch of teenagers, raef, olowakandi, and scalabrine as ur other vets.
That may be true. In fact, I agree with that. But the fact still remains that KG brought the identity to the Celtics. Paul couldn't do that.
 9 years ago '06        #166
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 Captain Fresh said:
Its different when a player like Tyson Chandler who is a good solid player to say that Chris Paul should win the mvp, but i believe its different when an mvp candidate this season says that Pierce is basically the most valuable on the team.

KG did tremendous amounts to this team without question, establishing a identity as you said and creating a mind set on defense. But I think Pierce took that identity to the next level in those close out games which brought them a championship. A true leader is seen in my opinion when your team needs you the MOST and he showed that in those game clinching games offensively and defensively.
I agree 100% with what you just said. KG also provided those same sort of leadership skills. His type of leadership got them to that point and Pierce, being the leader that he is did a great job closing out games. He seized the opportunity just like champions should.

That being said, that still doesn't make Pierce a better ball player than Kobe.
 9 years ago '06        #167
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 hood135 said:
That may be true. In fact, I agree with that. But the fact still remains that KG brought the identity to the Celtics. Paul couldn't do that.
I agree with the fact KG brought an identity to the team. He changed the whole atmosphere on the Celtics. The beauty of the Big 3, is that each one of them makes up for where the other one may lack. It showed in the Finals, Pierce was the best player on the best team in the NBA. People shouldn't get so mad over a quote, like they have been in this thread(not sayin you). Pierce cheated death at the beginning of his career and now is the Finals MVP, of course he's going to feel invincible right now. It's human nature, just like all these other fans getting mad over words...
 9 years ago '06        #168
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
I agree with the fact KG brought an identity to the team. He changed the whole atmosphere on the Celtics. The beauty of the Big 3, is that each one of them makes up for where the other one may lack. It showed in the Finals, Pierce was the best player on the best team in the NBA. People shouldn't get so mad over a quote, like they have been in this thread(not sayin you). Pierce cheated death at the beginning of his career and now is the Finals MVP, of course he's going to feel invincible right now. It's human nature, just like all these other fans getting mad over words...
Thats real talk right there. Teamwork at its finest. I've liked Pierce since he entered the league. Even used to call myself 'Tha Truth' in high school when the AND1 movement started.

Even though I disagree with his comment I can respect his confidence and even his c*ckiness right now. He has some air in his chest because he feels like its his time. Who wouldn't?

Good Point.
 9 years ago '07        #169
Captain Fresh 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,045 | Props total: 7546 7546
 Armen87 said:
my friend, athletes gather up energy by getting remarks like that. Look what kobe did to AI and the nuggets in the 1st round.
sh*t the nuggets give up 1,000,000 pts a game...that doesnt prove anything...but hey i guess every fire has its different way of getting lit..
 07-25-2008, 03:33 PM         #170
yayo1324 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wasnt pierces team the worst in the league before garnett and allen??????????????????????????????
 07-25-2008, 03:57 PM         #171
imjustbeingme86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beantown85 said:
did you even read the interview or think of the fact that he shouldn't feel the need to be like Lebrick and kiss Kobe's a.ss?? Paul Pierce > Kobe in the finals and that's when it mattered. Not saying he's better than Kobe overall but why the fu*k would he say yea Kobe's better...
because pride ruins great people. if pierce where to say kobe was better than him overall that is not a strike against his own talent. in fact it should be evidence of his own knowledge, wisdom, and REALITY. it should be motivation to improve himself and strive to reach kobe's talent. (and i say non of this to boost either man's ego) pierce's words would only show him as a MAN standing on HIS TRUTH and making a statement. for him to say kobe is not better is retarded especially regarding the circumstance. he had two hall of fame teammates, a cast of veteran players, and a TEAM defensive scheme that pushed that TEAM past all other NBA teams out for self. and not to mention the previous failings of his team without these ingredients. it would be better of pierce to say, yes individually kobe is a better all around player, BUT my TEAM was better then. if pierce really felt he was better than kobe, individually, he would have been screaming it from the mountain when his team was in the lottery. therefore, i conclude that pierce is a bi*ch for this action.
 9 years ago '07        #172
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 1802 1802
 Armen87 said:
Kobe did the 81 on a sorry a.ss Toronto squad. He'll never get close against a real team like the Celtics, sorry bud.
 9 years ago '07        #173
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
 yayo1324 said:
wasnt pierces team the worst in the league before garnett and allen??????????????????????????????
Yeah, but that had nothing to do with Pierce. His team was a.ss and even if you put Kobe on it they'd be a.ss.
 9 years ago '07        #174
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
 Armen87 said:
my friend, athletes gather up energy by getting remarks like that. Look what kobe did to AI and the nuggets in the 1st round.
It's funny how when the Lakers dominate another team all the credit is given to Kobe. But when the Lakers get murdered in the final game of the playoffs, the blame is put on his team, not him.
 07-25-2008, 06:01 PM         #175
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kb2602 said:
i dont wanna hear that ray, paul, and garnett aint never won nothing before crap!! all three of them n*ggaz have been on winning teams and all three have been to the conference finals before and all three of them cats have been in the league 10 plus years!! so to sit up here and act like they were in their 2nd or 3rd yr in the league is ridiculous!! paul pierce and the celtics played well and much props to them for that but again i say THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN AINT NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THAT

3 hall of famers>>>>>>>>>>1 hall of famer
the celtics with most of theirs guys 10 plus years>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the lakers with most of their guys in their 2nd and 3rd year
AGAIN THE CELTICS WERE SUPPOSED TO WIN AINT NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THAT
THATS NOT WHAT ESPN SAID
THATS NOT WHAT BOXDEN SAID

I don't want to hear it anymore, dude you quoted was right, they didn't get respect so they earned it. Like the Giants did in football, I didn't respect them but they made me.
 9 years ago '05        #176
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
a never ending argument
 9 years ago '04        #177
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119
pierce is wack, it took the celtics signin 2 more superstars for them to win it, if they wouldnt have picked up ray and kg they wouldnt have went no where
 9 years ago '08        #178
HiphopRelated 
space
space
$1,098 | Props total: 1 1
 HUMAN_CRACK said:
pierce is wack, it took the celtics signin 2 more superstars for them to win it, if they wouldnt have picked up ray and kg they wouldnt have went no where
so picking up Gasol had nothing to do with stopping the 1st round exits or possibly missing the playoffs??

what kind of half argument is that
 9 years ago '06        #179
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 HiphopRelated said:
so picking up Gasol had nothing to do with stopping the 1st round exits or possibly missing the playoffs??

what kind of half argument is that
Don't mind him...He pushes Karmaloop @ 20% off to pay for crack
 9 years ago '07        #180
kakish 9 heat pts OP
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
 Bullseye said:
with shaq, 3 rings. without shaq, 0 rings. case closed.

mcgrady would have won 3 rings on that laker squad with shaq in his prime too. many superstars would have. kobe cant do it without shaq and that's all there is to it.
You can't say that for sure buddy.

But Shaq wouldn't have won sh*t without Kobe though, we all know that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago