Jul 24 - Did Bill Cosby Blackball Terrence Howard?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-30-2008, 03:42 PM         #41
unkle  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SignalSoldier said:
You cant see the forest due to the trees!

Totally missed the true representation of that show. Prior to that show The Jefferson's was the only show to highlight black people in a positive light other than the typical, "ghetto we struggling in the projects against whitey to get by" theme. What separated it from the Jefferson's is that it highlighted a dual working class EDUCATED family! It showed to scores of people that yes its plausible to go to college and be somebody. Then he further freaked it with "A Different World" showing black college life, encompassing blacks from all over America both rich and poor perusing an education and not a life of the streets. That show sent more blacks to college than any 50 cents, T-pain or Lil Wayne album (or whoever the youth look up to now days) ever did. I personally was influenced from these two shows to do something other live life on the streets. Not to mention the millions donated by Cosby.

Grow up youngins!
Props to this man.
 9 years ago '07        #42
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376

Boats and Hoes
 07-30-2008, 04:50 PM         #43
Victor $weet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k a bill cosby
 07-30-2008, 05:34 PM         #44
SignalSoldier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestic75 said:
1. youngins?
2. How exactly did it "send more blacks to college than 50 cents" when there's a larger percentage of blacks in prison than college? Not to mention the fact that the dropout rate was even more horrendous around the time this show was on the air...
3. If a tv show has to encourage you to do ANYTHING, negative or positive, you have serious problems.
More missing the forest for the trees again!

You can quote figures all day long but as reality will have people are influenced by whatever motivating factors are more prevalent to them. Those who saw things like Cosby's shows, The Jeffersons or whatever positive roles models out there for what they were worth. Followed that model to the paths of positivity. Those who rallied around the opposite turned out taking other paths. You can't look at it in the way that The Cosby Show was the ultimate factor to deter drop outs and sh*t like that. Its was never meant to be a final solution, only a solution. If you save one mind a day its called progression.
 9 years ago '06        #45
9.18 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,676 | Props total: 656 656
 ThatBytch said:

nope, u the damn fool cuz u actually support his bs

did bill cosby not make it by doing the same shyt he criticizing

was fat albert not a sterotype of kids in the hood, now when other people do it they're bringing black people down according to bill cosby

and for the record i dont propogate shyt, i just enjoy entertainment, hopefully u have enough sense to know shyt u see on tv aint real life, only people who, for example, try to live like they really on grand theft auto are unrealistic so u can miss me with that dumb shyt u talking

moral of the story is bill cosby always hating on damn near everything black folks do if they not on some extra stuck up type shyt and he needs to stop, point blank

Once again, substract Cosby from the equation...and understand your whole objective reality is a farce..You dont even know it yet..Insult me all you want, but please understand that the fundamental principal in which you basing your responses from is ignorance.

And ignorance is not bliss my sister....
 9 years ago '04        #46
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 majestic75 said:
You're right, Bill Cosby has every right to be an elitist, but you know what? Being an elitist and still pretending to care about the so-called "black community" is a dichotomy.

The Cosby Show should tell you everything you need to know about Bill Coonsby. The fu*kin show was about an affluent black family with a doctor & lawyer couple living in a late-80s brownstone in the middle of Bed-Stuy (which was probably the deadliest neighborhood in the country at the time). Their kids go to Princeton and NYU. The premise of the show is a complete fu*kin contradiction; this n*gga parades around babbling about hogies and Rudy's white friend while the real-life streets right outside the door of the neighborhood the show is set in were flowing with blood.

The contrast between the backdrop and content of the show are a perfect example of how this guy tries to turn his nose up to the so-called black community. The truth of the matter is Cliff Huxtable would've been living in the Upper East side in 1989, which is exactly where this half-senile n*gga would've been living, and exactly what he's pushing on every black college student when he spews that hot sh*t at the podium.

Be elitist all you want, but don't try to pretend Cliff lives down the block from Tompkins projects. He locks his car door when he sees N-I-G-G-E-R-S just like the rest.
Wouldn't you?
 9 years ago '04        #47
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 collegeboy58 said:
Yea...and theres too many blacks that haven't because the so-called "made it" group neglected to teach others...Frederick Douglass learned to read and do you know what he did after he learned, he taught others....Theres a disconnect in our society and it comes from the mindset that "If I can do it, you can to"....yea ok....so I can play like MJ if I try just as hard as he did even though I'm uncoordinated and I'm 5'1....
You're just being an a**hole on purpose now.

Comparing Fredrick Douglass to Michael Jordan?

The thing is, Mr. Douglass taught others to read because they demonstrated a yearning and desire to. He wasn't walking around giving free reading lessons all willy nilly. The people that you say have the mindset of "If I could do it, why can't others" are in essence doing the same thing as FD. I'm sure that if you show a serious desire and aptitude for a position in their field, and they see that you're bright and ambitious, I don't see why they wouldn't give you a hand. I can't blame them if some hood a.ss n*gga walks up like "I need a job, yo." and they turn their noses up. They weren't handed these jobs and they'll be damned if they hand some out themselves.

Not to mention most would like to avoid accusations of nepotism and "hooking up".
 07-31-2008, 11:13 AM         #48
Danja2Society  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 9.18 said:
you're a fool..

the black community is in shambles and the music, movies, and media in general is one of the prime causes..people like YOU only propagate the ignorance and bs that ruins us...

and im a black man, but you have to realize all the sh*t you defend is really your enemy..

subtract cosby from the equation and take a realistic look..
Real talk.
 08-04-2008, 10:15 PM         #49
ChefBoi Raymizz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Prolly... Cosby a hater
 08-04-2008, 10:26 PM         #50
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAZAH CUTS said:
A prime example of the kind of indifference amongest the youth that breeds ignorance.....
Get to know me before you decide to use me as a soapbox, elder.
 08-04-2008, 11:31 PM         #51
dirtydingo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cosby doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to screw someone out of a job for such a little cause. Terrance Howard prolly aint tellin the whole story. He might have blackballed him but i got money that says it was over some deeper s**t:sleepy:
 08-05-2008, 01:03 AM         #52
ItsFrankWhite  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cosby was here in Baltimore as a guest of mayor Shelia Dixon in the predominantly black community of park heights speaking on the importance of young kids getting an education.
Needing college degree for the jobs of the future.

I believe it starts with the parents of those kids first and foremost!!
 08-05-2008, 10:49 AM         #53
benhood3501  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bill cosby is a fu*king joke he came down to new orleans critized us and left his black a.ss never helped nobody we can see whats wrong with our schools we didnt need him to tell us that hes a prick fu*k him
 08-05-2008, 11:51 AM         #54
SignalSoldier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^obviously you needed a reminder.... they are still unchanged!
 08-05-2008, 12:34 PM         #55
Tarek  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k cosby
 9 years ago '05        #57
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
 ThatBytch said:

nope, u the damn fool cuz u actually support his bs

did bill cosby not make it by doing the same shyt he criticizing

I DON'T REMEMBER SEEING ONE COSBY SHOW EPISODE OF RUDY OR VANESSA SHAKING THAT a.ss, OR THEO SLAPPING bi*chES AND POURING DOM P ON EM IN THE CLUB. I NEVER SAW BILL THROW HIS DOCTOR MONEY OUT HOLLERING WHERE THA HOES AT.

was fat albert not a sterotype of kids in the hood, now when other people do it they're bringing black people down according to bill cosby

YES IT WAS A STEROTYPE OF KIDS IN THE HOOD AND THAT sh*t WAS DAMN NEAR ON POINT. THE HOOD DOES EXIST AND THEY WERE A REPRESENTATION OF THE "GOOD KIDS" OF THE HOOD.
and for the record i dont propogate shyt, i just enjoy entertainment, hopefully u have enough sense to know shyt u see on tv aint real life, only people who, for example, try to live like they really on grand theft auto are unrealistic so u can miss me with that dumb shyt u talking

SO U HAVE NEVER TRIED TO LIVE LIFE LIKE SOME LYRICS U HEARD OR FROM A CHARACTER U SAW ON TV ONCE? IF NOT YOUR A fu*kIN LIAR BECAUSE EVERYBODY DON'T HAVE A TWO PARENT HOUSEHOLD AND WE ALL NEED SOMEONE TO LOOK UP TO. TV TAUGHT ME HOW TO HAVE s3x, COOK, STEAL, f!ght, DRESS, PLAY SPORTS ETC. WHAT U SEE ON TV DOES HAVE SOME EFFECT IN YOUR LIFE ANYONE WHO THINKS OTHERS IS ON THAT BULLsh*t.
moral of the story is bill cosby always hating on damn near everything black folks do if they not on some extra stuck up type shyt and he needs to stop, point blank
n*gga AIN'T HATING HE'S DOING THE SAME sh*t THAT EVERYBODY ELSE IS CLAIMING TO TRY TO DO. HE ANTS TO SEE BLACK FOLKS DO BETTER. WHO U NEED TO BE HATING ON IS AL SHARPTON U GOT AL MIXED UP WITH BILL. BILL WAS ALWAYS A POSITIVE DUDE IN MY EYES. EVEN ON GHOST DAD AND METEOR MAN!

:sad34: :happy21:

Last edited by dmunson318; 08-05-2008 at 02:49 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
21 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
24 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
233 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago