Jul 24 - Did Bill Cosby Blackball Terrence Howard?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
158 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-28-2008, 07:12 PM         #21
morenaso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There was a rumor going around that he hated on Jamie Foxx saying he gives black people a bad name for acting stupid on tv. If its true, I guess the movie Ray made Cosby shut the hell up and eat some jello pops. Cosby is a pioneer but he never won a Academy Award as far as i Know
 9 years ago '04        #22
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,511 | Props total: 790 790
 majestic75 said:
You think movies and music are the prime causes of what's wrong with black people?

It's ironic that you mention the "black community", because the black community doesn't even exist anymore, and the brain drain and "black flight" that coons like Bill Cosby promote are 10 times more a part of whats wrong with our "community" than your latest 50 Cent song. He pops all that sh*t at colleges, telling kids to get their degree and get the fu*k outta their neighborhood and go live next to a bunch of white people that don't even want them there....how is that promoting a unified "community"? He doesn't go anywhere near any of the areas or people that he constantly degrades in his little rants, he only shows up at colleges.

Coonsby is an elitist, period.
I fu*k with Bill and what he says but I feel what u sayin cuz I've been thinkin the same sh*t...his message is on point but his delivery is all off...Its the older generation that failed the younger generation and wanna blame the younger generation for the current state...I tell my mom sometimes who works in the school system and sees young parents that don't know sh*t and she'll complain about them and their bad kids and I'll say "well why don't you tell em something different?"...."well nah, its not my place and they won't listen anyway"...."well sh*t then, dont complain"...back in the 60s, fu*k being scared of ya mama, the lady next door would whoop yo a.ss then tell ya mama and she'd whoop ya a.ss...Drugs, welfare, and complacency is what destroyed the black community...."give em some free sh*t....oh yea...they'll like that!"...."feed em some dope, k!ll the thought process...oh yea...they'll like that!!"...."give em money for free so they can buy more dope....oh yea....they'll like that!!"....

Now Bill has gone as far as to disregard black MEN when he gives speeches and focus just on the women...."oh the numbers of black men is college is diminishing but black women are sky rocketing so its your time to step up"....wow...now you've emasculated the black man more than he already is....and THATS our role model
 9 years ago '06        #23
tpoker 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,423 | Props total: 179 179
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
not to be a d*ck or anything but terrence howard is an a**hole. one time here in Cleveland he showed up at a barbershop and spoke to everyone smiled and such. well every chair was filled with heads and then he asked how long do I have to wait to be cut? the head barber said to him once all these people here are done being cut you can get a cut or if you ask these ppl if they mind then you can go. he then said do you know who I am, I dont have to wait for some nickel and dime barbershop, fu*k you and this piece of sh*t joint. once the head barber came from behind the chair he made a B-line out that joint.
3rd grade tattle tellin a.ss
 07-28-2008, 10:48 PM         #24
eastsidejumpman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tpoker said:
3rd grade tattle tellin a.ss
 07-29-2008, 12:22 AM         #25
DA REAL SHAKOBE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pain+work said:
Do not get it twisted about Cosby. He can end your career quite easy. If in fact he did try and have Howard blackballed Howard is very lucky he made it through.

I grew up with a cat that is a kind of a known comedian. I would call him the Peedi Crack of comedy. He does plenty of shows and has been in some wack a.ss movies...and I can say that because he knows it. Anyways, he politics with a bunch of other comedians and actors and he has quite a few "Cosby ending your career stories". There are a lot of out of work comedians out here because of Cosby. AND, not only can Cosby get you JaRuled...he can get that a.ss Tupaced.

Now the same comedian friend says that there are also a few stories about another black comedian that could get you shut down to. Eddie, in the comic circle, is a known career ender...and HE will definitely get you touched. Just ask that tranny he got caught with....oh you cant because its no longer breathing. The story is a bunch of trannies got together and started giving stories about Eddie to some tabloids at the same time he was going through his divorce. Eddie had to send a message...and it was very loud.

The comedy game is the original rap game. You either get put on or get put out. Redd Foxx put on Richard Pryor, Pryor put on Eddie, Eddie put on Chris Rock...and Dave Chappelle on the low. Bill Cosby put on Steve Harvey, and Bernie Mac and they put on Cedric the entertainer. There are some comedians that are funny as fu*k and have just gotten lucky. Just like there are some rappers that have gotten luck and dont have any affiliations.

Thats just how it works. Getting famous in comedy is all based on what club you do stand up in, what time slot you get and on what night. If your juice is good with one of the majors...they just put that call in to the club manager and get you that hot time slot. If they dont like you the your stuck doing comedy during the lunch buffet for the rest of your life.
 9 years ago '04        #26
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,168 | Props total: 546 546
any one hating on bill cosby is a f*g... str8 goods!!! if u dont kno why your lost, bill comes from a time when black folks had more pride, and he sees the way things are now im sure you can understand his bitterness..

now any one talking about this post like thwey know whuts pop and have opinions stated in factual manners must be gay also, cuz how you stating fact when u was no where near there to even kno whuts pop? most of yall was still in diapers...

personally i aint hear to much bout this meaning it prolly wasnt a big deal anyways lol.. umm war in iraq, aids in africa, k!lling of blks in NAm...
aint you n*ggas got better sh*t to do?
also props to any one has intelligent comments to make what side ur sitting on with this topic!
 07-29-2008, 06:43 AM         #27
mystery3001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i heard bout this on e, it waz cuz he didn't cut his hair

bill cosby's a dictator
 07-29-2008, 07:12 AM         #28
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThatBytch said:
funny how u a.ssume im not educated :rolleyes:

bill cosby is a hater, period

he doesn't do anything to help uplift black people and/or promote unity, he only gets on his high horse to talk about how they're bringing us down yet i dont see him doing much to help besides give speeches he's paid to give to down black people, yeah he's a genius alright :rolleyes:
Seriously, at these dudes trying to consign Cosby. All he does is criticize. We have all lost loved ones to gun violence which is sad but that doesn't mean you bombard your own people with constant criticism. Bill Cosby is the definition of an elitist

Last edited by REAL_NESS; 07-29-2008 at 07:14 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #29
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 collegeboy58 said:
I fu*k with Bill and what he says but I feel what u sayin cuz I've been thinkin the same sh*t...his message is on point but his delivery is all off...Its the older generation that failed the younger generation and wanna blame the younger generation for the current state...I tell my mom sometimes who works in the school system and sees young parents that don't know sh*t and she'll complain about them and their bad kids and I'll say "well why don't you tell em something different?"...."well nah, its not my place and they won't listen anyway"...."well sh*t then, dont complain"...back in the 60s, fu*k being scared of ya mama, the lady next door would whoop yo a.ss then tell ya mama and she'd whoop ya a.ss...Drugs, welfare, and complacency is what destroyed the black community...."give em some free sh*t....oh yea...they'll like that!"...."feed em some dope, k!ll the thought process...oh yea...they'll like that!!"...."give em money for free so they can buy more dope....oh yea....they'll like that!!"....

Now Bill has gone as far as to disregard black MEN when he gives speeches and focus just on the women...."oh the numbers of black men is college is diminishing but black women are sky rocketing so its your time to step up"....wow...now you've emasculated the black man more than he already is....and THATS our role model
fu*k that "Black men are emasculated" sh*t.

They're emasculated when it comes to getting ahead in productive society, but they can climb up the hood ranks pretty quickly if they try, right? All that time spent posing, thugging, and being hard should be applied towards becoming a positive member of society. In the drug game, you have to memorize your fractions, drop schedules, count the money, and generally be smart. Why can't that same tenacity be applied to school learning? Don't even say that the schools suck and that's why the inner city black youth is at a disadvantage. Frederick Douglass was a fu*king slave that taught himself to read. If you dare to disagree and say that he's not one of the most eloquent and articulate Black writers/speakers, then you run the risk of me calling you a liar.

There are too many blacks that have "made it" for people to keep saying that they're disadvantaged and held back.

So what if Bill Cosby is an elitist? He's rich, successful, influential, and very well respected. I wouldn't want to rub elbows with the riff raff either.
 9 years ago '04        #30
Floeji 
space
space
 pain+work said:
Do not get it twisted about Cosby. He can end your career quite easy. If in fact he did try and have Howard blackballed Howard is very lucky he made it through.

I grew up with a cat that is a kind of a known comedian. I would call him the Peedi Crack of comedy. He does plenty of shows and has been in some wack a.ss movies...and I can say that because he knows it. Anyways, he politics with a bunch of other comedians and actors and he has quite a few "Cosby ending your career stories". There are a lot of out of work comedians out here because of Cosby. AND, not only can Cosby get you JaRuled...he can get that a.ss Tupaced.

Now the same comedian friend says that there are also a few stories about another black comedian that could get you shut down to. Eddie, in the comic circle, is a known career ender...and HE will definitely get you touched. Just ask that tranny he got caught with....oh you cant because its no longer breathing. The story is a bunch of trannies got together and started giving stories about Eddie to some tabloids at the same time he was going through his divorce. Eddie had to send a message...and it was very loud.

The comedy game is the original rap game. You either get put on or get put out. Redd Foxx put on Richard Pryor, Pryor put on Eddie, Eddie put on Chris Rock...and Dave Chappelle on the low. Bill Cosby put on Steve Harvey, and Bernie Mac and they put on Cedric the entertainer. There are some comedians that are funny as fu*k and have just gotten lucky. Just like there are some rappers that have gotten luck and dont have any affiliations.

Thats just how it works. Getting famous in comedy is all based on what club you do stand up in, what time slot you get and on what night. If your juice is good with one of the majors...they just put that call in to the club manager and get you that hot time slot. If they dont like you the your stuck doing comedy during the lunch buffet for the rest of your life.
Which one of those guys put D.L. Hughley on? Whoever did that dropped the ball.
 07-29-2008, 09:03 AM         #31
Gamberro  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
not to be a d*ck or anything but terrence howard is an a**hole. one time here in Cleveland he showed up at a barbershop and spoke to everyone smiled and such. well every chair was filled with heads and then he asked how long do I have to wait to be cut? the head barber said to him once all these people here are done being cut you can get a cut or if you ask these ppl if they mind then you can go. he then said do you know who I am, I dont have to wait for some nickel and dime barbershop, fu*k you and this piece of sh*t joint. once the head barber came from behind the chair he made a B-line out that joint.
For some reason that doesn't surprise me.
Terrence Howard ain't even a big deal anyway, he's a so-so actor.
 9 years ago '04        #32
Floeji 
space
space
 Gamberro said:
For some reason that doesn't surprise me.
Terrence Howard ain't even a big deal anyway, he's a so-so actor.
LIES!

Check some of the non mainstream movies. He was phenomenal in Lackawanna Blues. He really shined, and it was an all star cast.

You can't tell me he wasn't good in Crash.

He k!lled it in Idlewild.

You're wylin. Next you're gonna say Anthony Mackie isn't talented.
 9 years ago '04        #33
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,511 | Props total: 790 790
 Floeji said:
fu*k that "Black men are emasculated" sh*t.

They're emasculated when it comes to getting ahead in productive society, but they can climb up the hood ranks pretty quickly if they try, right? All that time spent posing, thugging, and being hard should be applied towards becoming a positive member of society. In the drug game, you have to memorize your fractions, drop schedules, count the money, and generally be smart. Why can't that same tenacity be applied to school learning? Don't even say that the schools suck and that's why the inner city black youth is at a disadvantage. Frederick Douglass was a fu*king slave that taught himself to read. If you dare to disagree and say that he's not one of the most eloquent and articulate Black writers/speakers, then you run the risk of me calling you a liar.

There are too many blacks that have "made it" for people to keep saying that they're disadvantaged and held back.

So what if Bill Cosby is an elitist? He's rich, successful, influential, and very well respected. I wouldn't want to rub elbows with the riff raff either.
Yea...and theres too many blacks that haven't because the so-called "made it" group neglected to teach others...Frederick Douglass learned to read and do you know what he did after he learned, he taught others....Theres a disconnect in our society and it comes from the mindset that "If I can do it, you can to"....yea ok....so I can play like MJ if I try just as hard as he did even though I'm uncoordinated and I'm 5'1....
 07-29-2008, 10:23 AM         #34
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 collegeboy58 said:
Yea...and theres too many blacks that haven't because the so-called "made it" group neglected to teach others...Frederick Douglass learned to read and do you know what he did after he learned, he taught others....Theres a disconnect in our society and it comes from the mindset that "If I can do it, you can to"....yea ok....so I can play like MJ if I try just as hard as he did even though I'm uncoordinated and I'm 5'1....
Yes sir, I'm not saying that individuals need to be some kind of saviour but at the same time don't snub your nose and try to talk down to people
 07-29-2008, 06:25 PM         #35
SCbuttaman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BIll Cosby is a house n*gga
 9 years ago '06        #36
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
, how did I know this thread would go from being a report about Terrence Howard and Bill Cosby having thieir "differences" to a discussion about Bill Cosby being a "house n*gga"........

It's so fu*king tired whenever any minority get their education and starts to speak their mind about why they believe some of their counterparts and peers aren't making it/doing so well they automatically become an "uncle tom", a "house n*gga" or a "boot licker"......come the fu*k on man....a whole mess of ya'll are in here trying to say that Cosby is "hatin" on black folks? What black folks is he hating on? Because he spoke out about some young, ignorant black males glorifying certain neferious lifestyles, not valuing an education and not taking care of their responsibilities as fathers all of a sudden he's a hater? Come on man, he's just trying to illustrate the fact that even though the chips are stacked against you in a horrible way if your black and male in America you still gotta try man.....you gotta try and make it for yaself, cause no ones else is gonna care and this government damn sure ain't gonna help you either.....Cosby just wants people to start taking accountability for themselves.....for they way they speak, the way they dress, the way they live and the way they interact with each other......he's an old head who had to do a lot of the "heavy lifting" in terms of the civil rights movement.....I think Cosby is well within his rights if he wants to critique the young black entertainers of today, sure, why not, I mean after all he is part of the reason they get to do what they are doing.....

I mean I know Cosby ain't perfect either....there's those very hush, hush allegations from a handful of young women at Temple University involving s3xual harassment.....but The cos still hasn't seen a conviction or any penalties from that, so in my book he's still 100% inoocent and credible....

You have to remember man, Bill lost his son Ennis horrificly man....horrifficly.....I respect him to the fullest for being able to continue on after that happened....still speaking out against all the bullsh*t, still speaking his mind....he's definitely not right about everything, I'm not disputing that at all, all I'm saying is that he should command a lot more respect from younger generations because he's gone to bat for so many people and because he's always done so much for people from the community that ask him for his help.....
 07-30-2008, 04:18 AM         #37
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at this thread...

Who the fu*k cares...

P.S.

Pudding Pops...

9 years ago '06        #38
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
 GhostDigga said:
lol at this thread...

Who the fu*k cares...

P.S.

Pudding Pops...

A prime example of the kind of indifference amongest the youth that breeds ignorance.....
 07-30-2008, 01:26 PM         #39
SignalSoldier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YOU SAY THIS
 ThatBytch said:

was fat albert not a sterotype of kids in the hood, now when other people do it they're bringing black people down according to bill cosby

AND FOLLOW WITH THIS

ThatBytch said:
hopefully u have enough sense to know shyt u see on tv aint real life,
go sit in the corner
 07-30-2008, 01:37 PM         #40
SignalSoldier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestic75 said:
You're right, Bill Cosby has every right to be an elitist, but you know what? Being an elitist and still pretending to care about the so-called "black community" is a dichotomy.

The Cosby Show should tell you everything you need to know about Bill Coonsby. The fu*kin show was about an affluent black family with a doctor & lawyer couple living in a late-80s brownstone in the middle of Bed-Stuy (which was probably the deadliest neighborhood in the country at the time). Their kids go to Princeton and NYU. The premise of the show is a complete fu*kin contradiction; this n*gga parades around babbling about hogies and Rudy's white friend while the real-life streets right outside the door of the neighborhood the show is set in were flowing with blood.

The contrast between the backdrop and content of the show are a perfect example of how this guy tries to turn his nose up to the so-called black community. The truth of the matter is Cliff Huxtable would've been living in the Upper East side in 1989, which is exactly where this half-senile n*gga would've been living, and exactly what he's pushing on every black college student when he spews that hot sh*t at the podium.

Be elitist all you want, but don't try to pretend Cliff lives down the block from Tompkins projects. He locks his car door when he sees N-I-G-G-E-R-S just like the rest.
You cant see the forest due to the trees!

Totally missed the true representation of that show. Prior to that show The Jefferson's was the only show to highlight black people in a positive light other than the typical, "ghetto we struggling in the projects against whitey to get by" theme. What separated it from the Jefferson's is that it highlighted a dual working class EDUCATED family! It showed to scores of people that yes its plausible to go to college and be somebody. Then he further freaked it with "A Different World" showing black college life, encompassing blacks from all over America both rich and poor perusing an education and not a life of the streets. That show sent more blacks to college than any 50 cents, T-pain or Lil Wayne album (or whoever the youth look up to now days) ever did. I personally was influenced from these two shows to do something other live life on the streets. Not to mention the millions donated by Cosby.

Grow up youngins!

Last edited by SignalSoldier; 07-30-2008 at 01:38 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy