Jul 24 - Did Bill Cosby Blackball Terrence Howard?

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
50 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
252 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-24-2008, 02:11 PM         #1
5997 pageviews
67 comments

choclit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jul 24 - Did Bill Cosby Blackball Terrence Howard?

Terrence Howard recently made allegations that Bill Cosby tried to blackball him years ago [click to read]. According to the actor, this happened when he landed a small role in The Cosby Show. Now, Cosby is replying to those allegations by saying he wants to set the record straight.
Here is Terrence Howard's view of what took place.

"I was 19 and had just moved to New York from Cleveland, I got on 'The Cosby Show' on my second audition ever. I told him, 'I'm a man just like you.' He didn't like it, and the casting agent never took my calls again," Howard said, according to a report by World Entertainment News Network.
Now, Eurweb is reporting that Cosby has vehemently denied these allegations.
"I don't like something being out there that I know for sure isn't true. There's no person that I know of that I've ever felt strongly enough to call and say, 'If this guy calls, don't book him again. Somewhere, there's something missing. And that is somebody saying either I never said those things, or, I'm sorry. And it's taking too long. And these blogs go out, man. I don't want people looking at Bill Cosby talking about, 'I had people barred.' It just gets too far out," Cosby noted.

Cosby also explained that he spoke to Howard after the quotes surfaced.
"The young man said to me on the phone, 'Mr. Cosby, [in] the conversation we had, you gave me information that was valuable,'" he said before going on. "I said 'Well yeah, Terrence, but look, this is out there. And then you say, 'You're a man just like I am,' and he didn't [have anything to] say about that. And I said, 'They're making it sound like I blackballed you.' And I said, 'Terrence, there's no way that you can prove that.'"
When asked if Howard denied the original quotes, Cosby said there was no denial.

"He didn't say that he didn't say it. What he said was, 'Mr. Cosby, the information you gave me was sort of like priceless, and it was a lesson in the business. You said son, things like this will happen.' And I do know he said, with people on the phone, he said that I told him to keep trying, keep plugging. That's what he said."

Howard's publicist denied those original quotes but Howard himself has never released a statement denying them.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.hiphopdx.com/i .. errence-howard

67 comments for "Jul 24 - Did Bill Cosby Blackball Terrence Howard?"

07-24-2008, 02:45 PM         #2
pimpjay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn bill cosby don't play that sh*t, thank god he got roles once bill cosby got old.
 9 years ago '05        #3
ceo-of-hucworld 25 heat pts25
space
space
$8,015 | Props total: 9828 9828
not to be a d*ck or anything but terrence howard is an a**hole. one time here in Cleveland he showed up at a barbershop and spoke to everyone smiled and such. well every chair was filled with heads and then he asked how long do I have to wait to be cut? the head barber said to him once all these people here are done being cut you can get a cut or if you ask these ppl if they mind then you can go. he then said do you know who I am, I dont have to wait for some nickel and dime barbershop, fu*k you and this piece of sh*t joint. once the head barber came from behind the chair he made a B-line out that joint.
 9 years ago '05        #4
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,162 | Props total: 1504 1504
Cosby is Sucker
 9 years ago '06        #5
RAZAH CUTS 5840 heat pts5840
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 18895 18895
I believe he prolly did blackball him in a way.....I don't think he called up all of his contacts and said "hey if this guy tries to get work show him the door", but I think he made it to where Terrence woulden't work on the Cosby Show....lol....Ole' Bill be pulling strings too.....I just don't think he pulled them to the point where someone would be totally destroyed....I think them two talked, hjad their lil' differences or whatever and Bill said fu*k that, I ain't bout to work wit this young dude that thinks he knows what time it is....

Terrence would bounce back though....easy.....I remember seeing him on Living Single early on in his career, so he definitely got work in New York.....
 9 years ago '04        #6
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 2467 2467
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
not to be a d*ck or anything but terrence howard is an a**hole. one time here in Cleveland he showed up at a barbershop and spoke to everyone smiled and such. well every chair was filled with heads and then he asked how long do I have to wait to be cut? the head barber said to him once all these people here are done being cut you can get a cut or if you ask these ppl if they mind then you can go. he then said do you know who I am, I dont have to wait for some nickel and dime barbershop, fu*k you and this piece of sh*t joint. once the head barber came from behind the chair he made a B-line out that joint.
You were there?
 9 years ago '05        #7
Chuck_Remixed 255 heat pts255
space
space
$17,126 | Props total: 3653 3653
Hmm i wouldnt be surprised if it were true
 9 years ago '04        #8
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
From what I've heard from a mutual friend of ours, Terrence is real chill and humble. I hear its his brother that's the real a**hole.
 9 years ago '04        #9
Floeji 
space
space
 ThatBytch said:
bill cosby stay hatin on black folks then be talkin that black pride bullshyt, fake muthafukka
Chill. If you were a prominent member of the black community and role model, and some thug a.ss n*ggas gunned down your son, you'd change your tune quick.

Bill Cosby calls it how it is. Uncle Toms just don't like it.

But seriously, I hear he's a real d*ck at the Temple games.
 9 years ago '04        #10
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in there.

Cosby probably spread gossip telling everyone he knew how Terrance "disrespected" him. People probably decided not to hire Terrance because Bill talked sh*t on him.
 9 years ago '05        #11
blingblin23 
space
space
$426 | Props total: 1 1
Can't fu*k with the Black Crusaders, they a hella of group
 9 years ago '04        #12
Floeji 
space
space
 ThatBytch said:
bullshyt, bill cosby stay hating on black people tryna do something from actors, to rappers to any damn body tryna make it

he aint the only one who lost somebody but cuz he bill cosby that supposed to excuse him and give him a free to hate on black folks pass............hell naw

he hateful as fukk and thats just the bottom line, he the uncle tom, i dont see him steppin up to speak on shyt in the media when black folks wronged and its some big march about it......nah he come out the cut to talk shyt bout so and so who rappin or actin and how they bringing "us" down------he aint been "us" since the damn cosby show
Pretty sure he hates people that type like you do. I'm sure you went to school. Act like it.

Typing incorrectly doesn't get your message across any faster, love.
 9 years ago '04        #13
Ghettlost 
space
space
$789 | Props total: 24 24
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
LOL... i see dat happening
 9 years ago '06        #14
9.18 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,676 | Props total: 656 656
 ThatBytch said:
bullshyt, bill cosby stay hating on black people tryna do something from actors, to rappers to any damn body tryna make it

he aint the only one who lost somebody but cuz he bill cosby that supposed to excuse him and give him a free to hate on black folks pass............hell naw

he hateful as fukk and thats just the bottom line, he the uncle tom, i dont see him steppin up to speak on shyt in the media when black folks wronged and its some big march about it......nah he come out the cut to talk shyt bout so and so who rappin or actin and how they bringing "us" down------he aint been "us" since the damn cosby show
you're a fool..

the black community is in shambles and the music, movies, and media in general is one of the prime causes..people like YOU only propagate the ignorance and bs that ruins us...

and im a black man, but you have to realize all the sh*t you defend is really your enemy..

subtract cosby from the equation and take a realistic look..
 07-28-2008, 12:08 PM         #15
MrDan71  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThatBytch said:

Spoken like someone Cosby mentioned during one of his speeches. He calls it like he sees it. He doesn't have pull any punches and if you don't like it its because you are part of the problem he talks about. He only wants people to stand up and be responsible, not shift blame and act like its not your problem. Its everyone's problem. Don't hate just because he's educated and tells the truth. The truth DOES hurt. Besides marching isn't going to fix the root of the problem either. THAT starts from within.
 07-28-2008, 12:29 PM         #16
tru_overdose  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
FALSE! dude was here for over a month promoting hustle and flow at sundance...and he was out kicking it at the club, doing pictures, signing sh*t. a few of my friends said they seen him blowing major dro at after parties. trust me, hes a cool a.ss dude.
 07-28-2008, 12:44 PM         #17
pain+work  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do not get it twisted about Cosby. He can end your career quite easy. If in fact he did try and have Howard blackballed Howard is very lucky he made it through.

I grew up with a cat that is a kind of a known comedian. I would call him the Peedi Crack of comedy. He does plenty of shows and has been in some wack a.ss movies...and I can say that because he knows it. Anyways, he politics with a bunch of other comedians and actors and he has quite a few "Cosby ending your career stories". There are a lot of out of work comedians out here because of Cosby. AND, not only can Cosby get you JaRuled...he can get that a.ss Tupaced.

Now the same comedian friend says that there are also a few stories about another black comedian that could get you shut down to. Eddie, in the comic circle, is a known career ender...and HE will definitely get you touched. Just ask that tranny he got caught with....oh you cant because its no longer breathing. The story is a bunch of trannies got together and started giving stories about Eddie to some tabloids at the same time he was going through his divorce. Eddie had to send a message...and it was very loud.

The comedy game is the original rap game. You either get put on or get put out. Redd Foxx put on Richard Pryor, Pryor put on Eddie, Eddie put on Chris Rock...and Dave Chappelle on the low. Bill Cosby put on Steve Harvey, and Bernie Mac and they put on Cedric the entertainer. There are some comedians that are funny as fu*k and have just gotten lucky. Just like there are some rappers that have gotten luck and dont have any affiliations.

Thats just how it works. Getting famous in comedy is all based on what club you do stand up in, what time slot you get and on what night. If your juice is good with one of the majors...they just put that call in to the club manager and get you that hot time slot. If they dont like you the your stuck doing comedy during the lunch buffet for the rest of your life.

Last edited by pain+work; 07-28-2008 at 12:45 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #18
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
Bill Cosby and the Boule at it again. smh
 07-28-2008, 05:26 PM         #19
qstr8  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hmmmm...interesting. They'll prolly never get to the bottom of it
 07-28-2008, 06:34 PM         #20
DrX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ceo-of-hucworld said:
picture him saying that like how he cussed out luda in crash
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
26 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
18 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy