Nas flopped 180k is it time for him to hang it up

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
166 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

IS IT TIME FOR NAS TO HANG IT UP
YES 13 9.42%
NO 112 81.16%
WAYNE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAS 13 9.42%
Voters: 138. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #141
NIKEx18 
space
space
$1,132 | Props total: 2 2
does nas have any promotion behind his album?!?!?!? does he even have a single out?!?!?!?!?!

i love nas and dint realize that his album was coming out until friday, and that was by accident, otherwise i wouldnt have known till today
 9 years ago '05        #142
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 Addled Thoughts said:
Well, in all truth I like Lil' Wayne. He doesn't bother me. However, the only aspect of his work that stands out is his horrid, nasally monotone that at times evokes E.T. As for Nas, his work and longevity speak for themselves.

In this day and age, selling 180K in a week is almost what 500K would have been five-to-seven years ago. As rampant as downloading and bootlegging is, you would have to a.ssume for every single album sold, there is at the very least 2-to-3 being downloaded or burned.

Then again, if we're mentioning how Nas has lost due to his sales, we shouldn't be remiss in reminding you that in a round-about manner you're mentioning that a homos3xual won and Nas has lost. You see, Lil' Wayne was caught kissing another man dead on the lips. There isn't any 'no homo,' quips which could clear that up.

Also, why are you mentioning people not knowing how to write proper sentences when your retorts to thier reponses are nearly as worse as thier's are.

You should refain from using an ellipsis in every sentence. It's proper use is for emphasis and segues; something all your sentences do not need since they aren't properly supported by rhetoric preceeding it.

Write a real sentence. Stop being an anti-Nas stan and enjoy the music.

I think the real issue here is Hip-Hop is the only music in which our legends aren't applauded and lauded for their durability in such a fickle landscape. We should support them like the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin are by buying thier albums and seeing thier shows -- which is where the majority of money is made for artists in these times.

But we don't.

We post rampant BS about someone failing when in all actuality they in one week probably made more money than you will make in two to three decades of your existence on this Earth.

Garner some perspective.
Nicely constructed opinion. What surprises me though is how it was possible for you to not know how to spell "their" after writing an eloquently written discussion, but that don't matter. It was a good read
 9 years ago '05        #143
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 NIKEx18 said:
does nas have any promotion behind his album?!?!?!? does he even have a single out?!?!?!?!?!

i love nas and dint realize that his album was coming out until friday, and that was by accident, otherwise i wouldnt have known till today
Yeah, Hero's the lead single. I guess this shows how far the single went in terms of buzz..
 9 years ago '07        #144
Lamrock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 16 16
nas did good lol at the haters
 9 years ago '07        #145
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1761 1761
Numba 1 in da country is enuff said.We almost sold double of what G-unit sold first week and G Unit had a club track for the first single and more pro.

Nas is G.O.A.T next 2 Biggie IMO
 07-23-2008, 09:24 AM         #146
littleillwill  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fishscale said:
Music critics praised American Gangster,[1] and noted that Jay-Z was trying more "complex lyrics".[2] The album was released to significant commercial success, despite being pulled from the iTunes Store,[3] selling 425,861 copies in its first week and debuting at number one on the Billboard 200, tying Elvis Presley for the second most number one albums.[4] The Rolling Stone magazine named American Gangster the third best album of 2007.[5]
That album was still kinda wack...
 9 years ago '06        #147
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Left Hook said:
Why the hell do you keep saying Nas "loss"?

Nas won, he went #1 AND can spell properly.
Your bi*ch a.ss can't even spell a four letter word, let alone win anything.

Put your spelling in context to real life situations:

"How was your basketball game?"
"Oh I loss"
"You loss?"
"Yea, I loss"

Nas got to #1 and that's good for me.
exactly

what's worse is that he was trying to make fun of somebody else for not capitalizing the first letter of their sentences lmao

i mean how can u think that "nas loss" makes sense? it doesnt even sound right when u say it..unless u speak like a retard too
 07-23-2008, 09:35 AM         #148
A.O.™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DA REAL SHAKOBE said:
- 1 NAS DEF JAM/COLUMBIA 180,947 --
NAS
1 2 LIL WAYNE CASH MONEY/UNIVERSAL MOT 106,503 -16%
THA CARTER III

LOL SO MUCH FOR THE WEAK a.ss GIMMICKS

THIS PROVES WEEEZY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAS

17 YEARS IN THE GAME AND HE STILL AINT sh*t
Your comparing a n*gga whose lead single was "Lollipop" to a person whose single was "Hero" a song where a rapper is talking about conscious sh*t... to a person whose hook is "She wants to lick the wrapper, so i let her lick the rapper" LOL

n*gga your life is a "L"
 9 years ago '05        #149
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,531 | Props total: 129 129
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Good point, but im glad most of these dudes r stupid, cause its opening the lane for southern rappers to drop catchy bullshyt and get money. Good lookin, LETS GET IT, shouts out to Wayne "WE GETTIN MONEY n*gga".
 9 years ago '06        #150
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 Storchaveli said:
It doesn't matter what fu*kin number it is when it's not going up against anybody else basically. Weezy already pulled in his fans in the first wave, that's why he sold that much when it first dropped. First week sales ALWAYS reflect anticipation... and Nas didn't have much, even after all the album title controversy/bullsh*t to attract attention. Nas is irrelevant now, and if you can't see that, I'll bet my balls that you're a sour fan in DENIAL. Let me slow it down for you so you can understand if I say it slower: Let it go dawg it's OVER.
This right here just goes to show you why Hip Hop is fu*ked. You would rather credit someone who doesn't have an identity of their own/follower instead of someone thats educating us with knowledge and speakin the truth about whats REALLY GOING ON with US. But instead since he drinks cough syrup and Sprite and make funny voices you vouch for him? Thanks now I know.
 07-23-2008, 10:28 AM         #151
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's get this day started off right...Nas lost.
 9 years ago '04        #152
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
poor Nas.....he tried and tried but even an album cover with whip scars across his back couldnt save him....I never knew the words "Nas Lost" could get dudes so heated....

Last edited by persuazion; 07-23-2008 at 10:55 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #153
Donaldsjuan 
space
space
$1,880 | Props total: 117 117
nas loss... lol
 07-23-2008, 10:55 AM         #154
c_vlasak  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i didn't even know this was out. realistically nas knew the album wasn't gonna sell well he wanted to make an album about a concept and he stuck to it. if we wudda wanted to sell he wudda changed the album when def jam told him they werent droppin an album call n*gga. im a big nas fan and im not really feelin the new album then again i am white
 07-23-2008, 10:56 AM         #155
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why couldn't the n*gga make 11 more songs strong as Hero?

The boy is inconsistant, the story of his career.
 9 years ago '04        #156
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,421 | Props total: 29639 29639
wouldnt matter u would still have somethin to cry about 24/7 ..

Last edited by youngmic; 07-23-2008 at 11:03 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #157
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
not everybody is goin to sell a milli first week
 07-23-2008, 11:07 AM         #158
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngmic said:
wouldnt matter u would still have somethin to cry about 24/7 ..
Why do a lot of Nas fans use the letter U, to spell the word "YOU"? Dumb a.ss n*ggas... Nas lost.
 9 years ago '06        #159
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
At the end of the day NAS wins because even if you dont like him you continue to speak about him and compare him to your favorites. So with that being said, numbers dont lie. Look at the Poll. OUT
 07-23-2008, 11:14 AM         #160
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
Nas Lost >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wu Tang
I actually agree with that.
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy