Nas flopped 180k is it time for him to hang it up

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
150 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
90 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

IS IT TIME FOR NAS TO HANG IT UP
YES 13 9.42%
NO 112 81.16%
WAYNE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAS 13 9.42%
Voters: 138. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-23-2008, 12:30 AM         #121
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
What if you did "sit down, listened, and did get the point of the album" and still think it was stupid?

then one would have to question your definition of stupid....
 07-23-2008, 12:33 AM         #122
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
180k = flop?...ehhh
 9 years ago '04        #123
NeXPhazE 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 6 6
- 1 NAS DEF JAM/COLUMBIA 180,947 --
NAS
1 2 LIL WAYNE CASH MONEY/UNIVERSAL MOT 106,503 -16%
THA CARTER III

LOL SO MUCH FOR THE WEAK a.ss GIMMICKS

THIS PROVES WEEEZY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAS

17 YEARS IN THE GAME AND HE STILL AINT sh*t
Wow Nas lost just cuz weezy fu*kin baby (lol) sold more records than him. If hip hop is based off of who sells the most records then Nelly is the best rapper alive cuz he went Diamond and we all know thats not true especially with his new weak a.ss song. So get the fu*k outta here with that bullsh*t. Everyone knew lil wayne was gonna sell more. He says the sh*t that his d*ckryders wanna hear. If lil wayne sells drugs, k!lls people, and fu*ks all these girls when does he have time to make all these songs cuz hes on dam near every song. Its cool your not the only d*ckryder out there there are millions of other d*ckryders out there that would rather listen to weezy fu*kin baby (lol) bs than somone who is gonna actually educate you.
 9 years ago '06        #124
Nemesis35 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$38 | Props total: 0 0
This thread is getting way out of Hand. But before it gets closed let me say a few things. IMO when you've been rapping for so long and you are already rich and famous. Then the only you're going to do is whats makes you happy, not really worrying about the results. Thats what Nas did he put out an album for the hell of it, getting all his ideas and feelings off of his chest not worrying about consequences.

Now to attack the Threadstarter
1. Why are you d*ckriding record sales so hard, do you see any financial gain when some suburanite white kid buys a Lil Wayne Cd? Or a Conscience Minded individual buys a Nas Cd?

2. Why was Lil Wayne's Carter III so trash? He's been promoting the Carter III in 100 percent of his songs and mixtapes for about a year maybe a year and a half, why didnt he keep some of hot songs that got leaked for the album? His cd had about 8/16 good songs that 50 percent. I spent $10 dollars on his cd because I bought it first week at best buy. He needs to send me $5 dollars in the mail.

3.In the words of the Charles Barkley and Dwayne Wade Commercial. "You're just Hot right now, I'm an ICON." Perhaps Nas should call Wayne up and says those few words.
 07-23-2008, 01:02 AM         #125
benzsl4585  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
those are great album sales.

the only thing that flopped is ur flaccid d*ck
 9 years ago '05        #126
ONESUN187 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,307 | Props total: 591 591
i posted those album sales to prove nas has his own audience...he has nothing to prove anymore..he`s already successful and has recognition..they way this current generation talks about lil wayne..nas was that n*gga too for a hot minute....5 years from now there will be a new rapper getting the recognition..and lil wayne will meet the same fate from overexposure that the most successful artists have been through..50 cent is going through it right now..5 years ago 50 was that n*gga and nobody cared about lil wayne ya dig.time`s change...now after wayne`s run is over,hip hop shifts back to new york as far as i see..it`s only a matter of time.
 9 years ago '04        #127
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 MosDefinition said:
yes it does if people like something they usually buy it dont they
Does this make it a good rap album? If an album sells it just means it has pop appeal. It has little to do with how good a rap album is from a technical standpoint.

MosDefinition said:
this alleged 5 mic album only sold 180K
If you cats really believe that the SoundScan determines the quality of an album then believe that. You've already been indoctrinated into believing this, and you brainwashed ignorami will continue to believe what you will.

How many classic rap albums really do the numbers, honestly. How many bullsh*t albums sell well? And are you a Mos Def fan? He's dope, but he doesn't exactly sell records either.

Don't know why anybody, including myself, is trying to change anybody's mind though. When The Roots, Common, Talib, or anybody else who puts out a dope album "flops" nobody comments on it. Nas must really be on people's minds :D
 9 years ago '05        #128
adh56 
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 9 9
Nas sold about the same amount Wayne sold in 6 weeks.
Nas LOST
Weezy Won
Carter 3 officially will win the grammy for album of the year. Watch and see
 07-23-2008, 01:31 AM         #129
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 years ago 50 was that n*gga and nobody cared about lil wayne ya dig.time`s change
Not at all true. The kid always had a strong fanbase.
 07-23-2008, 01:39 AM         #130
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 9 years ago '06        #131
Addled Thoughts 1 heat pts
space
space
$744 | Props total: 18 18
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
You know you want to suck Nas d*ck...Because he lost.

You're from Portland...You lost.

You don't know how write a sentence....You lost.

You're also not funny, since we're on that topic...You lost.
Well, in all truth I like Lil' Wayne. He doesn't bother me. However, the only aspect of his work that stands out is his horrid, nasally monotone that at times evokes E.T. As for Nas, his work and longevity speak for themselves.

In this day and age, selling 180K in a week is almost what 500K would have been five-to-seven years ago. As rampant as downloading and bootlegging is, you would have to a.ssume for every single album sold, there is at the very least 2-to-3 being downloaded or burned.

Then again, if we're mentioning how Nas has lost due to his sales, we shouldn't be remiss in reminding you that in a round-about manner you're mentioning that a homos3xual won and Nas has lost. You see, Lil' Wayne was caught kissing another man dead on the lips. There isn't any 'no homo,' quips which could clear that up.

Also, why are you mentioning people not knowing how to write proper sentences when your retorts to thier reponses are nearly as worse as thier's are.

You should refain from using an ellipsis in every sentence. It's proper use is for emphasis and segues; something all your sentences do not need since they aren't properly supported by rhetoric preceeding it.

Write a real sentence. Stop being an anti-Nas stan and enjoy the music.

I think the real issue here is Hip-Hop is the only music in which our legends aren't applauded and lauded for their durability in such a fickle landscape. We should support them like the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin are by buying thier albums and seeing thier shows -- which is where the majority of money is made for artists in these times.

But we don't.

We post rampant BS about someone failing when in all actuality they in one week probably made more money than you will make in two to three decades of your existence on this Earth.

Garner some perspective.
 07-23-2008, 01:59 AM         #132
GuttaMane618  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall actin like a bunch of bi*ches right now
 9 years ago '06        #133
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,943 | Props total: 479 479
 coolio said:
shakobe lost

:iagree:
 9 years ago '06        #134
Addled Thoughts 1 heat pts
space
space
$744 | Props total: 18 18
 GuttaMane618 said:
yall actin like a bunch of bi*ches right now
Takes one to know one.
 9 years ago '05        #135
Chicano_Flow 
space
space
$1,689 | Props total: 35 35
Nas is sticking with his roots and giving HIS REAL FANS what they want, TRUE HIP HOP and not selling out and turning commercial, thsi aint even a surprise with his numbers, the greatest hip hop album of all time is Illmatic and that in no way is COMMERCIAL, and the state that hip pop is at now I congratulate him by making the numbers he made in this state of rap. Shut the fu*k up and go back to bumpin yall soulja girl sh*t hos.
 9 years ago '08        #136
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 385 385
Wow, this thread is 6 pages already???

Immortal Technique

Listen to the third verse and you'll see why Wayne sold more than Nas
 07-23-2008, 03:12 AM         #137
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah cuz sales really dictate how great a rapper is
 07-23-2008, 03:20 AM         #138
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Does this make it a good rap album? If an album sells it just means it has pop appeal. It has little to do with how good a rap album is from a technical standpoint.

If you cats really believe that the SoundScan determines the quality of an album then believe that. You've already been indoctrinated into believing this, and you brainwashed ignorami will continue to believe what you will.

How many classic rap albums really do the numbers, honestly. How many bullsh*t albums sell well? And are you a Mos Def fan? He's dope, but he doesn't exactly sell records either.

Don't know why anybody, including myself, is trying to change anybody's mind though. When The Roots, Common, Talib, or anybody else who puts out a dope album "flops" nobody comments on it. Nas must really be on people's minds :D
 07-23-2008, 08:44 AM         #139
2woLJD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas loss lol wtf

grammar neglected mufu*kas.
 9 years ago '05        #140
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,331 | Props total: 1654 1654
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
n*gga going to be selling 10,000 a week buy August. Nas loss.
Why the hell do you keep saying Nas "loss"?

Nas won, he went #1 AND can spell properly.
Your bi*ch a.ss can't even spell a four letter word, let alone win anything.

Put your spelling in context to real life situations:

"How was your basketball game?"
"Oh I loss"
"You loss?"
"Yea, I loss"

Nas got to #1 and that's good for me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
71 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy