Nas flopped 180k is it time for him to hang it up

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
87 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

IS IT TIME FOR NAS TO HANG IT UP
YES 13 9.42%
NO 112 81.16%
WAYNE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAS 13 9.42%
Voters: 138. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #81
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
$4,106 | Props total: 894 894
I am Happy for him

CHART DATE: 07/21/2008
LAST UPDATE: 07/22/2008 13:46:21
NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
-- 1 NAS DEF JAM/COLUMBIA 180,947 --
NAS
1 2 LIL WAYNE CASH MONEY/UNIVERSAL MOT 106,503 -16%
THA CARTER III
8 3 MAMMA MIA! DECCA 91,129 +89%
SOUNDTRACK
2 4 COLDPLAY CAPITOL 89,145 -25%
VIVA LA VIDA
3 5 CAMP ROCK WALT DISNEY RECORDS 76,697 -12%
SOUNDTRACK
5 6 KID ROCK ATLANTIC 74,133 +19%
ROCK N ROLL JESUS
-- 7 JOHN MELLENCAMP HEAR MUSIC 55,926 --
LIFE death LOVE & FREEDOM
-- 8 DAVID BANNER SRC/UNIVERSAL MOTOWN 52,716 --
GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD
-- 9 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 44,217 --
 9 years ago '04        #82
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
$4,106 | Props total: 894 894
with Billboard report he should come with 185K
 07-22-2008, 10:08 PM         #83
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ONESUN187 said:
Nas
Illmatic 1994 > 645,000
It Was Written 1996 > 2.7 million
I Am.. 1999 > 2.1 million
Nastradamus 1999 > 1.3 million
Stillmatic 2001 > 1.8 million
God`s Son 2002 > 1.5 million
Street`s Disciple 2004 > 749,000
Hip Hop Is Dead 2006 >1.2 million
Total U.S. album sales > 11.9 million

Lil Wayne
Tha Block Is Hot 1999 > 2.08 million
Lights Out 2000 > 803,000
500 Degreez 2002 > 713,000
Tha Carter 2004 > 875,000
Tha Carter 2 2005 > 1.3 million
Tha Carter 3 2008 > currently 1.9 million and counting
Total U.S. album sales > 5.7 million not including carter 3 because it`s still selling.

The fact that n*gga had to do this, proves, Nas lost.

The fact that it's realistic to compare Lil fu*king Wayne to Nas these days, proves, Nas lost.

The fact that when people think about rap today, they think about Wayne and totally ignore Nas (who has a new album to boot) proves...Nas lost.

This is all Nas fault, he could've single handely nipped this n*gga Wayne in the bud by now, but hey is too busy trying to stage marches against Fox News, which wouldn't be a bad thing, mind you. But his credibility is shot. Here you have a guy, marching against Fox news for being racist and sh*tting on Obama, but Nas is the same n*gga who fought to get his album named N!gger, the most hated word on the planet. So you have a rapper (one strike, I know it isn't fair), that pushed to get the most vile word in the world as his album title, that has made a fool of himself in the media the last 2 weeks, marching in the name of Obama against Fox news.

I'm sure that's going to help Obama get a lot of votes, from the white side. I mean it's not like white people almost cost the man the democrat nomination a few months ago, for something his pastor said. So now we have (from their point of view) a ignorant, racist a.ss rapper, who tried to get his album named N!gger to sell some units, marching for the only shot the black community might ever have to get in to the White House.

In Lamen terms, I'm sure Obama appreciates Nas "endorsing him", but I think he'd rather Nas sit the fu*k down, shut the fu*k up, and wear a "Obama for 08" Tee shirt like all the other rappers.

Nas lost...Now he might cost us a "Black President".
 9 years ago '06        #84
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
****, when you learn to start sentences off with capital letters, than come talk too me about my humor. Long as I laugh, it's all that matters. Nas loss...You loss, because you're from Portland.
then*

lost*

learn to spell u flo-rida bumping f*g**t
 9 years ago '04        #85
cillacamron540 
space
space
$345 | Props total: 0 0
he shoulda sold more than that, the people who dont hear it are the losers here tho
 9 years ago '06        #86
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
Actually, I only made that mistake like a few times. The search engine is your friend.

Nas lost.
hahahahhahahhaa u needed a search engine to know how to spell "lost"?!

i think that there is proof enough that you're a retard
 9 years ago '08        #87
F.R.E.S.H. 
space
space
$223 | Props total: 99 99
Who cares?!
UNTITLED= BEST ALBUM OF 08

NAS= G.O.A.T
 07-22-2008, 10:32 PM         #88
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:
hahahahhahahhaa u needed a search engine to know how to spell "lost"?!

i think that there is proof enough that you're a retard
I said "The search engine is YOUR friend". Which means, that if YOU used the search engine, you'd see I only mis-spelled it a few times. But here is the thing that's fu*king me up. You talking sh*t about me mixing up "Loss" and "Lost", which is cool, I admit I was wrong. But damn, your silly a.ss can't take a couple nano seconds, to spell out YOU Why would any n*gga over the age 3, spell "YOU", with the letter U?

I mean damn, come on, kid.

Last edited by THE TRUTHINESS; 07-22-2008 at 10:33 PM..
 07-22-2008, 10:44 PM         #89
M.E.S  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall have to look at it like this. considering there was zero promotion.. that's great.. how do you get to almost 200,000 with not promotion and no big radio single.. that's damn good and more money for him because less to recoup
 9 years ago '05        #90
okimreloading10 
space
space
space
$82 | Props total: 0 0
I am so fu*king tired about hearing about fu*king album sales..It means nothing..Rhyming should be about who is the best on the mic not I can sell more than you. I like Wayne..but sorry Nas would k!ll wayne on the mic..I'm not gonna buy a n*ggas album just because 1 million others bought it..If I like the record then I will buy it..Nas did not have any promo besides the internet..Nas took a chance with challenging listeners mind..other artist just follow the slave master..wake the fu*k up people.
 9 years ago '07        #91
parle58 
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 0 0
 kreuzberg61 said:
whatever... album is hot... nas = legend
co-cigidy!
 9 years ago '07        #92
NasIsThaBest19 
space
space
$1,033 | Props total: 0 0
 okimreloading10 said:
I am so fu*king tired about hearing about fu*king album sales..It means nothing..Rhyming should be about who is the best on the mic not I can sell more than you. I like Wayne..but sorry Nas would k!ll wayne on the mic..I'm not gonna buy a n*ggas album just because 1 million others bought it..If I like the record then I will buy it..Nas did not have any promo besides the internet..Nas took a chance with challenging listeners mind..other artist just follow the slave master..wake the fu*k up people.
Finally somebody with a sane mind posted some real sh*t
 9 years ago '06        #93
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
I said "The search engine is YOUR friend". Which means, that if YOU used the search engine, you'd see I only mis-spelled it a few times. But here is the thing that's fu*king me up. You talking sh*t about me mixing up "Loss" and "Lost", which is cool, I admit I was wrong. But damn, your silly a.ss can't take a couple nano seconds, to spell out YOU Why would any n*gga over the age 3, spell "YOU", with the letter U?

I mean damn, come on, kid.
haha seriously? why not spell it "u" on the internet?

i know it's really spelled "you" in real life while u, on the other hand, actually didn't know the difference between "loss" and lost"

next time u don't have anything to say..don't try reaching for a joke like that

oh sh*t i spelled it "u" again..more joke material for u

Last edited by coolio; 07-22-2008 at 10:58 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #94
parle58 
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 0 0
SINCE WHEN DOES WHO SELLS THE MOST DEPICT WHOS THE BETTER RAPPER??.....THIS IS WHY HIP-HOP IS DYING. THE FANS GOT THE SH1T BACKWARDS.....

*STARTS LISTENING TO JOE BUDDEN "THE WHO"*

07-22-2008, 11:01 PM         #95
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
The fact that n*gga had to do this, proves, Nas lost.

The fact that it's realistic to compare Lil fu*king Wayne to Nas these days, proves, Nas lost.

The fact that when people think about rap today, they think about Wayne and totally ignore Nas (who has a new album to boot) proves...Nas lost.

This is all Nas fault, he could've single handely nipped this n*gga Wayne in the bud by now, but hey is too busy trying to stage marches against Fox News, which wouldn't be a bad thing, mind you. But his credibility is shot. Here you have a guy, marching against Fox news for being racist and sh*tting on Obama, but Nas is the same n*gga who fought to get his album named N!gger, the most hated word on the planet. So you have a rapper (one strike, I know it isn't fair), that pushed to get the most vile word in the world as his album title, that has made a fool of himself in the media the last 2 weeks, marching in the name of Obama against Fox news.

I'm sure that's going to help Obama get a lot of votes, from the white side. I mean it's not like white people almost cost the man the democrat nomination a few months ago, for something his pastor said. So now we have (from their point of view) a ignorant, racist a.ss rapper, who tried to get his album named N!gger to sell some units, marching for the only shot the black community might ever have to get in to the White House.

In Lamen terms, I'm sure Obama appreciates Nas "endorsing him", but I think he'd rather Nas sit the fu*k down, shut the fu*k up, and wear a "Obama for 08" Tee shirt like all the other rappers.

Nas lost...Now he might cost us a "Black President".

^^^lol this white female will not quit, take your L already, the fact that your one of the only hoes that has to post paragraphs shows that you don't even believe the stupid sh*t your talkin about, maybe if you got more attention at home we wouldn't be subjected to your f*g**t a.ss, thing that k!lls me is you really love nas your just frontin'.
 07-22-2008, 11:02 PM         #96
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:
haha seriously? why not spell it "u" on the internet?

i know it's really spelled "you" in real life while u, on the other hand, actually didn't know the difference between "loss" and lost"

next time u don't have anything to say..don't try reaching for a joke like that

oh sh*t i spelled it "u" again..more joke material for u

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #97
jae premier 
space
space
$2,491 | Props total: 77 77
off no promo thats not a bad look
 9 years ago '08        #98
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,656 | Props total: 2181 2181
Damn bruh, what did Esco do to you?
 9 years ago '06        #99
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
 THE TRUTHINESS said:

[pic - click to view]

good u finally took ur L and walked away
 9 years ago '04        #100
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,075 | Props total: 4421 4421
 deejay_emcee said:
the answer is simple:

the record sales are soo low bc the promotion behind the album was rushed. the video didnt drop until 1 week before the video

come on now... wake up
i thought all the promo problems at def jam were jay-z's fault nas fans jay-z took every body else promo money and used it for himself blah blah blah

he tried to get attention for his average album and caught a brick

he failed horribly at making a politically relevant album he needs to stick to what he does best being a psuedo intellectual rapper

or maybe if all you people who claim hip hop is dead actually purchased an album hed have sold more

and jay-z wins by default because cats are still catching bricks and hes gone
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
24 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
133 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy