Nas flopped 180k is it time for him to hang it up

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

IS IT TIME FOR NAS TO HANG IT UP
YES 13 9.42%
NO 112 81.16%
WAYNE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAS 13 9.42%
Voters: 138. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM         #201
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread isn't even about nas anymore...it's just about a bunch of n*ggas arguing about nothing for the fu*k of it....which i'm starting to realize a lot of you n*ggas like to do...you just like to argue...
 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM         #202
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^^What about that ABN CD, n*gga? If you ain't with it get out the thread, n*gga.
 07-23-2008, 06:52 PM         #203
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
^^^^^^What about that ABN CD, n*gga? If you ain't with it get out the thread, n*gga.

well since the premise of this thread flopped by it's own poll..i suppose it would be smart to move onto an album that flopped commercially...but was still a nice album....
 9 years ago '08        #204
dboyyofcpp 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$405 | Props total: 0 0
Nas is HipHop...and HipHop is dead. We're now in the age of RAP music. Rap music is garbage, hiphop has meaning. Nobody wanna jam meaningful sh*t anymore, and thats becuz people marketing sh*t to young a.ss kids, and young a.ss kids start tryin to rap, and thats how we end up with wack music, cuz Kids aint got sh*t to rap about. Its simple. The rap game will never be the same.
 9 years ago '07        #205
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,576 | Props total: 5261 5261
 DA REAL SHAKOBE said:
- 1 NAS DEF JAM/COLUMBIA 180,947 --
NAS
1 2 LIL WAYNE CASH MONEY/UNIVERSAL MOT 106,503 -16%
THA CARTER III

LOL SO MUCH FOR THE WEAK a.ss GIMMICKS

THIS PROVES WEEEZY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NAS

17 YEARS IN THE GAME AND HE STILL AINT sh*t

[pic - click to view]

07-23-2008, 08:03 PM         #206
DJ FRESH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas new album is the best cd I heard right now next to Erica Badu . The album speaks to you so clear . The message is so clear to the black people but we choose to ignore. You have to give it up to Nas he's deserves respect. He made an album dedicated to the struggle . Dedicated to the struggle black folks's been threw . And currently going threw . Its fu*ked that all we want to hear from these rappers now days are there stories about there fu*ked up lives . So there for the rappers of today can never really get around this negative image of our selves we sell. Becuase thats all we want tho hear is negative sh*t. THATS THE STATE OF HIP-HOP RIGHT NOW . Its no longer a culture its just a business now . With no Love or Substance.

Much respect to all the Revolutionary Artist's...

Last edited by DJ FRESH; 07-23-2008 at 08:07 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #207
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Truthiness dodges any verbose posts with valid points, choosing only to respond to the most incoherent responses with weak arguments. You're worse than Floyd Mayweather, ducking motherfu*ker. Go ahead and retire.

Truthiness "loss".

Edit: Typo, before you use that as criteria for saying I "loss".

Last edited by Jamaro85; 07-23-2008 at 08:10 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #208
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
 HotepSuns said:
well since the premise of this thread flopped by it's own poll..i suppose it would be smart to move onto an album that flopped commercially...but was still a nice album....
what did you like better? Abn or untitled?
 9 years ago '05        #209
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
NAS IS A LIL GIMMICK B.ITCh.....just like 50 they dont work no moe.

retire nukkuh.
 07-23-2008, 08:25 PM         #210
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Truthiness dodges any verbose posts with valid points
Explain?

choosing only to respond to the most incoherent responses with weak arguments.
That's 95 % of Boxden, you have to be more specific, boy.

You're worse than Floyd Mayweather, ducking motherfu*ker. Go ahead and retire.
Me and Money is both undefeated, so I guess I'm in good company. See how I made that work against you? n*gga I'm nice.

Truthiness "loss".
Stop biting the style, boy. Make me take my off belt and smack the sh*t out of you.

Edit: Typo, before you use that as criteria for saying I "loss".
Too late, You lost...like Nas.

Get'em.

Last edited by THE TRUTHINESS; 07-23-2008 at 08:27 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #211
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097

[pic - click to view]

07-23-2008, 08:33 PM         #212
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:

[pic - click to view]

07-23-2008, 08:35 PM         #213
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:

[pic - click to view]

Get'em Texas...
 07-23-2008, 08:41 PM         #214
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
what did you like better? Abn or untitled?

i liked untitled more...but abn got some heat on it...lately off the abn album i've been k!lling "turning heads","in my city",and "still get no love"...the abn album really just made me anticipate z-ro's crack album more...but untitled i love from start to finish...from everything he was speaking upon,to musically how it was presented....just a great album....
 9 years ago '04        #215
Jamaro85 
space
space
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
Explain?
There have been many valid posts countering your fallible logic. Back on page six you got ethered by one poster and followed up with empty thread bumping posts.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
That's 95 % of Boxden, you have to be more specific, boy.
Don't make me get Samari Rolle on that a.ss, boy.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Me and Money is both undefeated, so I guess I'm in good company. See how I made that work against you? n*gga I'm nice.
I figured you'd say this, so I'm not impressed, sorry. Close your career by f!ghting an old washed up opponent, and an overrated junior-welterweight instead of the real competition because of trepidation of getting that a.ss wrecked. Again, please retire.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Stop biting the style, boy. Make me take my off belt and smack the sh*t out of you.
Inability to detect sarcasm? Check. Humorless cliched attempts at comedy? Check.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Too late, You lost...like Nas.
You mean I "loss". Learn how to spell, boy.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Get'em.
In case you couldn't tell with my last line, I'm being satiric again.

You "loss".

:sleepy:
 9 years ago '07        #216
AsiaNxNinja 
space
space
space
$94 | Props total: 0 0
I guess the album that i thought was a classic is wack now cuz he didnt sell much...God what a lame album now. He should retire now cuz even though the album had a good message, the white kids, the girls bought weezy instead. Threadstarter can suck a d*ck with that comment lol. Are u implying that we should support music based on sells? Or substance? Wayne has a good album too but your basing things on sells like your 50 cent. With stupid comments like that, can u imagine if people thought like that how watered down hip hop would be u freakin dumbass
 07-23-2008, 09:20 PM         #217
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
There have been many valid posts countering your fallible logic. Back on page six you got ethered by one poster and followed up with empty thread bumping posts.
Example?

Don't make me get Samari Rolle on that a.ss, boy.
Samari Rolle is a bum, just like your weak a.ss post. Let me break it down for you...Get'em

I figured you'd say this, so I'm not impressed, sorry
Not trying to impress you, boy. Just letting you know, me and Money are both undefeated.

Close your career by f!ghting an old washed up opponent,
Which would be you, you know the "the old washed up bum" who is about to get a L.

an overrated junior-welterweight instead of the real competition because of trepidation of getting that a.ss wrecked.
Did Money Mayweather fu*k your mother or something, boy? It's strange you say he hasn't beaten anybody and equate me with him, yet I'm giving you AL just like he gives all his opponenet. Are you calling yourself a nobody? Don't answer that, we both know you're a nobody and losing, just like Nas.

Again, please retire.
NO!

Inability to detect sarcasm? Check
I detect, but you danced around with it so much, that I got bored.

Humorless cliched attempts at comedy? Check.
Now you're just lying boy. That sh*t was funny, I'm nice.

You mean I "loss". Learn how to spell, boy.
Stop biting the style, boy. You loss, you lost, you're a loser, just like Nas...Epic Fail, boy.

In case you couldn't tell with my last line, I'm being satiric again.
Yeah, I could tell, but you're not very good at it. Is your whole strategy to bore me until I give up? Well it might work, boy. Because the sh*t you talking is just nonsensical bullsh*t. I mean your whole argument is me dissing Nas record sales, which I haven't done once. All I'm saying is Nas lost, loss, failed, and his album was a joke. I don't give a fu*k with he sales, really. I just enjoy making bi*ches and boys like you mad, like this..

NAS LOST.

You "loss".

:sleepy:[/QUOTE]
 9 years ago '04        #218
Jamaro85 
space
space
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
Example?
 Addled Thoughts said:
Well, in all truth I like Lil' Wayne. He doesn't bother me. However, the only aspect of his work that stands out is his horrid, nasally monotone that at times evokes E.T. As for Nas, his work and longevity speak for themselves.

In this day and age, selling 180K in a week is almost what 500K would have been five-to-seven years ago. As rampant as downloading and bootlegging is, you would have to a.ssume for every single album sold, there is at the very least 2-to-3 being downloaded or burned.

Then again, if we're mentioning how Nas has lost due to his sales, we shouldn't be remiss in reminding you that in a round-about manner you're mentioning that a homos3xual won and Nas has lost. You see, Lil' Wayne was caught kissing another man dead on the lips. There isn't any 'no homo,' quips which could clear that up.

Also, why are you mentioning people not knowing how to write proper sentences when your retorts to thier reponses are nearly as worse as thier's are.

You should refain from using an ellipsis in every sentence. It's proper use is for emphasis and segues; something all your sentences do not need since they aren't properly supported by rhetoric preceeding it.

Write a real sentence. Stop being an anti-Nas stan and enjoy the music.

I think the real issue here is Hip-Hop is the only music in which our legends aren't applauded and lauded for their durability in such a fickle landscape. We should support them like the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin are by buying thier albums and seeing thier shows -- which is where the majority of money is made for artists in these times.

But we don't.

We post rampant BS about someone failing when in all actuality they in one week probably made more money than you will make in two to three decades of your existence on this Earth.

Garner some perspective.
Retort?

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Let's get this day started off right...Nas lost.
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
Samari Rolle is a bum, just like your weak a.ss post. Let me break it down for you...Get'em
I never said he was great at what he does. I used him to illustrate my point of your immaturity.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Not trying to impress you, boy. Just letting you know, me and Money are both undefeated.
You've already taken several Ls. The fact that you flock to any Nas thread that arises, bringing your tired generic post: "Nas lost".

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Which would be you, you know the "the old washed up bum" who is about to get a L.
I'd actually be Miguel Cotto, the opponent that you duck to avoid hitting the mat. I don't know why you didn't follow in Money's steps in this regard.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Did Money Mayweather fu*k your mother or something, boy? It's strange you say he hasn't beaten anybody and equate me with him, yet I'm giving you AL just like he gives all his opponenet. Are you calling yourself a nobody? Don't answer that, we both know you're a nobody and losing, just like Nas.
I would ask the same about Nas; the fu*k has he done to you? Now you're making up statements for me. I never said he hasn't beaten anybody. I only made the parallel that you both picked on weak opponents and ducked the real competition [late in his career]. I'm not taking anything away from Mayweather's complete body of work in entirety.

I'll say it again, you ducked strong posts and "hand-picked" your opponents by picking the f!ghts that were easy wins. Again, I'm talkin end of Mayweather's career - the comparisons between he and you stop there.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Now you're just lying boy. That sh*t was funny, I'm nice.
I'll throw you a bone to help you instill some self-confidence. It was funny, *pats you on the back*.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
Yeah, I could tell, but you're not very good at it. Is your whole strategy to bore me until I give up? Well it might work, boy. Because the sh*t you talking is just nonsensical bullsh*t. I mean your whole argument is me dissing Nas record sales, which I haven't done once. All I'm saying is Nas lost, loss, failed, and his album was a joke. I don't give a fu*k with he sales, really. I just enjoy making bi*ches and boys like you mad, like this.
I'm obviously not boring you if you're taking the time to respond to me. I don't see where I've said any nonsensical bullsh*t. Thenagain, anybody who says something that you disagree with is spewing nonsensical bullsh*t.

You haven't dissed Nas' record sales once? By virtue of you coming into this album with your generic post of "Nas lost" one would be led to believe that you're saying he lost because of his "flop". If not, then I retract any argument regarding the implication that you're using sales in your argument.

I've wasted enough time attempting to reason with you. You're obviously vehement with your skewed views, so go ahead and continue with your flat jokes, say what you will. It's apparent that Nas will remain on your mind.

On that note I gracefully bow out; my attempts to come to an understanding with you are futile.
 07-23-2008, 09:55 PM         #219
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On that note I gracefully bow out; my attempts to come to an understanding with you are futile.
Damn n*gga you tapped out already? It was easier to beat you then that n*gga from Portland, and another thing...

You, JUST LIKE NAS.

LOST!(lôst, lst)
v.
Past tense and past participle of lose.
adj.
1. Unable to find one's way: a lost child.
a. No longer in the possession, care, or control of someone or something: a lost pen.
b. No longer in existence; vanished or spent: lost youth.
c. No longer known or practiced: a lost art.
d. Beyond reach, communication, or influence: The expedition was lost to the world for two months.
3. Not used to one's benefit or advantage: a lost opportunity.
4. Having not been or unlikely to be won; unsuccessful: a lost battle; a lost cause.5. Beyond recovery or redemption; fallen or destroyed: a lost soul.
a. Completely involved or absorbed; rapt: lost in thought.
b. Bewildered or confused: I'm lostcan you start over?

Yeah, that's the right word.

Get'em.
 9 years ago '04        #220
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 Jamaro85 said:
Does this make it a good rap album? If an album sells it just means it has pop appeal. It has little to do with how good a rap album is from a technical standpoint.

If you cats really believe that the SoundScan determines the quality of an album then believe that. You've already been indoctrinated into believing this, and you brainwashed ignorami will continue to believe what you will.

How many classic rap albums really do the numbers, honestly. How many bullsh*t albums sell well? And are you a Mos Def fan? He's dope, but he doesn't exactly sell records either.

Don't know why anybody, including myself, is trying to change anybody's mind though. When The Roots, Common, Talib, or anybody else who puts out a dope album "flops" nobody comments on it. Nas must really be on people's minds :D

people buy what the like just because YOU or the internet rap fans dont like something doesnt mean someone else cant like it or appreciate it.

if the hip hop is dead sheep actually went out and purchased an album that they claim is good maybe record companies would mainstream record labels would put more of it out

my feeling has always been everyone who claims hip hop is dead k!lled it because there the ones that claimed this artist or that artist was better but never either A paid full price (bootlegger) b downloaded

quality gets purchased and obviously nas didnt put out a quality album if only 180,000 people thought it was good enough to buy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now