Why is Joe Budden NOT considered the Best Rapper, right now???

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #161
Pos 90 heat pts90 OP
space
space
$9,610 | Props total: 5462 5462
 9 years ago '05        #162
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 KingOfNY369 said:
Well when you're hot, you sell...didn't anybody ever teach you that? Or couldn't you figure that out yourself??...With that said...the ONLY reason rappers are rapping is for MONEY...or are you under the a.ssumption that they do it for fun because that's what they say in their music while they're tryin to get you to buy it?

And you're absolutely right about the whole Papoose BUZZ...difference there is Papoose isn't selling sh*t and Wayne is...so there has to be something behind this growing fanbase for Lil' Wayne...

And I'm sorry but i don't listen to the radio or watch television for music so I don't ever see or hear anything about Soulda Boy other than he contributes to the demise of hip-hop...

And I can give a fu*k that Vanilla Ice went diamond 15+ years ago...the game was different then...there was no internet to download all your music for free...Back then you actually had to buy an album even if it was just for one song...and Ice Ice Baby was a global hit...like Thriller...U Can't Touch This...Rico Suave...Mambo No. 5 or even the fu*kin Macarena...so don't bring up one hit wonders and think you've proven your point...

And The Carter 2 is a fu*kin classic...regardless of the rest of his catalogue
Carter 1 was better than Carter 2 and thats not a classic cmon man be serious, that song wit Kurrupt was trash, Best Rapper Alive was trash how the fu*k can U have a song called Best Rapper Alive and not show any lyrical ability on the song thats like me makin a song like I'm the hardest drug dealer and not talk about drugs , Mo Fire was a poor jaimaican attempt of a song, he had some horrible a.ss songs on that album and U label that his best, I dont care global hit or not diamond is diamond 1 hit wonder or not, Nelly aint one but he sold over 20 millions albums and he aint nice at all sales and popularity dont mean sh*t there is something behind Lil Wayne's fan base...........................................d*ck RIDING I dont buy music cause the artist tells me to I buy it if I like it, I'm a grown man no rapper makes me go buy they albums
 9 years ago '07        #163
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,573 | Props total: 5227 5227
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
Hey baby boy how you been?

Not much I been mad busy I only really just logged on and got your message! Off to Cuba in 4 days so preparing to finish work and get ready for that. What about you?
Just gettin' off work, enjoyin' the rest of my day, Listenin' to some Charles Hamilton, Have fun In Cuba and be safe, What are you goin' there for anyway?
 9 years ago '07        #164
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
$4,993 | Props total: 10 10
 Verse said:
Just gettin' off work, enjoyin' the rest of my day, Listenin' to some Charles Hamilton, Have fun In Cuba and be safe, What are you goin' there for anyway?
Ironically Im listening to Joey "they trying harder to subdue me and only you understand signed by yours truely". I aint got no Charles though I heard some random tracks by him.

My homegirl is moving out there for a year for university coz she studies spanish & business so she invited me out there for 6 weeks to join her. Also I need a holiday bad, I found out I graduated with a 2:1 degree which Im thrilled about so Im rewarding myself before I start some graduate training programmes and try and move to the states for a bit. I need a beach, my bikini, a pina colada and sun :applause:
 07-22-2008, 03:03 PM         #165
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Basicgz said:
U a funny guy but here's the thing U talkin bout things rapper talk about they never do then Why is Wayne a blood at 25?? Last time I check n*ggas who bang start out at a average age 12-13 years old but now I'm 25 and my so called Daddy is 50 we bloods now And who can drop an album doin a 10 year bid?? what are you 7 years old? The n*gga was shot in a drug deal gone wrong Wayne shot himself playin wit a gun and not knowing how to work a safety How can Wayne talk about bricks and guns when he had a deal since he was 8 When did I base greatness on what n*ggas do on the streets when did that come out my mouth, I base it on somethin Wayne doesnt have......................LYRICISM, do us all a favor take the Frank White photo out ya avy and put a pic of Wesley Snipes as Tommy Flannagan
Once again...a dude from a state that knows sh*t about hip-hop tryin to drop knowledge...not to mention a 2007-2008 Celtic fan...who probably claims he's been a loyal fan since birth...right?

And I don't give a fu*k about who's a blood and who isn't...or what they sold or didn't...I'm talkin about rapping about some different sh*t and taking hip-hop to another level...which Shyne has never done nor more than 1/2 the artists on that list of yours...always the same sh*t...just like Budden...all in the same monotone voice, with whack delivery, and same recycled lyrics...

If Wayne's album wasn't leaked so many times he could have compiled enough material to drop 2 classics...but instead he drops an average album with good production, some great concepts, a different sound on every track, a hit single, and the power in hip-hop to sell a million + in a week...Which is more than anybody in hip-hop other than Kanye can achieve...

But lemme ask you somethin...don't all the great artists sell? And not just in hip-hop, but across all genres...I mean sure there's those couple albums we may initially miss (Reasonable Doubt, Illmatic...) and later name classic, but in the end it's still recognized...the artist you rep WILL NEVER be named...Wayne already is there...

Stop with all the hate because more than 1/2 your list of favorites will never be more than mixtape artists with buzz from white kids in middle suburbia on the internet that never made it...
 9 years ago '07        #166
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,573 | Props total: 5227 5227
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
Ironically Im listening to Joey "they trying harder to subdue me and only you understand signed by yours truely". I aint got no Charles though I heard some random tracks by him.

My homegirl is moving out there for a year for university coz she studies spanish & business so she invited me out there for 6 weeks to join her. Also I need a holiday bad, I found out I graduated with a 2:1 degree which Im thrilled about so Im rewarding myself before I start some graduate training programmes and try and move to the states for a bit. I need a beach, my bikini, a pina colada and sun :applause:
Oh A'ight, Congrats on the graduation baby luv, and like I said have fun & be safe mama, don't spoil yourself too much a'ight.......
 07-22-2008, 03:04 PM         #167
DA REAL SHAKOBE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:

shut the fu*k up
 07-22-2008, 03:05 PM         #168
DA REAL SHAKOBE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that nikka king of ny shut this thread down
 07-22-2008, 03:09 PM         #169
imjustbeingme86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i honestly think joey is where he is supposed to be at. i think he is in a better position right now than when he was at def jam. he has the option to put out his music how he feels and with the content he chooses. he can raise his own stock higher than it was before he was signed. if he goes major he will have a better chance of containing his creative control and if not he still has a SOLID fan base that will allow him to thrive without it. in my opinion joey is in a better position than wayne because wayne has spread himself so thin and jumps on everything, that when it is hot, its less likely to be seen as anything great simply because he is on everything. and that is no hate on wayne. i dont think it's better, from a business perspective to spread yourself like that. cause the "fans" that thought the last verse was hot will be quick to jump on the bandwagon of the next person. better to build a fan base quietly yet strongly, so when you do "blow" and that shine fades, you always have that solid fan base from the beginning. and joey stays dope so he'll have listeners based on that alone. oh and the self titled album he did have was fire and very balanced. as long as he sticks 2 that no issues wit me.
 07-22-2008, 03:20 PM         #170
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Basicgz said:
Carter 1 was better than Carter 2 and thats not a classic cmon man be serious, that song wit Kurrupt was trash, Best Rapper Alive was trash how the fu*k can U have a song called Best Rapper Alive and not show any lyrical ability on the song thats like me makin a song like I'm the hardest drug dealer and not talk about drugs , Mo Fire was a poor jaimaican attempt of a song, he had some horrible a.ss songs on that album and U label that his best, I dont care global hit or not diamond is diamond 1 hit wonder or not, Nelly aint one but he sold over 20 millions albums and he aint nice at all sales and popularity dont mean sh*t there is something behind Lil Wayne's fan base...........................................d*ck RIDING I dont buy music cause the artist tells me to I buy it if I like it, I'm a grown man no rapper makes me go buy they albums
What's your definition of lyrical ability...because apparently we have different definitions on what it really means...

Do you think because you rhyme large words with no direct relation to one another together is being lyrical? Because I don't...and because something may sound basic it might be more deep and lyrical than some "lyrical" complex sh*t like Canibus who could easily be the most "lyrical" except nobody wants to listen to an audio Encyclopedia about trees, water, and Buckingham Palace...

I mean AZ is by far one of the most lyrical artists...yet he doesn't go and find the biggest word in the dictionary and a word that just rhymes with it to make his lyrics complex...being lyrical doesn't necessarily mean using the biggest words or rhyming the same words 24 times...

And honestly I can care less what you THINK...Wayne is not even in my top 20 all-time...he's just one of the best NOW and certainly better than JOE fu*kIN BUDDEN anyday...hip-hop is at an all-time low right now, yet with all the buzz behind these Mood Muzik mixtapes your boy Joe Budden can make it to the mainstream...sh*t's sad...Budden is not even a top 50 all-time artist...I think you need to stop skimmin through the music...
 07-22-2008, 03:27 PM         #171
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DA REAL SHAKOBE said:
that nikka king of ny shut this thread down
How can anyone have the balls to say Joe Budden is the best rapper right now...as a fan of hip-hop that sh*t is like a slap in the face after the 2 "GEMS" Nas just dropped and what Wayne just sold in a week after his sh*t getting leaked for 2 years...

So I guess it's because all bi*ches are postin here...talkin bout Pina Colada's and how much carpet they munch...so I guess Joe Budden reaches suburban white kids and mixed-race dykes...congrats! :applause:
 07-22-2008, 03:40 PM         #172
TimeIsMoney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I understand why n*gga's ain't tryin to bond wit me/fresh as a fu*k, er'day's like the prom for me/rappers ain't fond of me/fu*k dem, i'm on cha b(?) the game's fixed anyway, just ask tim donaghy

on some other kind of we/sleep where the piranhas be/and honestly, i'm everything dudes is tryna be/i get money and haul off, while they at rock bottom/the poor guys can't even fall off, JOEY!!!! :wow:
 07-22-2008, 03:42 PM         #173
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingOfNY369 said:
What's your definition of lyrical ability...because apparently we have different definitions on what it really means...

Do you think because you rhyme large words with no direct relation to one another together is being lyrical? Because I don't...and because something may sound basic it might be more deep and lyrical than some "lyrical" complex sh*t like Canibus who could easily be the most "lyrical" except nobody wants to listen to an audio Encyclopedia about trees, water, and Buckingham Palace...

I mean AZ is by far one of the most lyrical artists...yet he doesn't go and find the biggest word in the dictionary and a word that just rhymes with it to make his lyrics complex...being lyrical doesn't necessarily mean using the biggest words or rhyming the same words 24 times...

And honestly I can care less what you THINK...Wayne is not even in my top 20 all-time...he's just one of the best NOW and certainly better than JOE fu*kIN BUDDEN anyday...hip-hop is at an all-time low right now, yet with all the buzz behind these Mood Muzik mixtapes your boy Joe Budden can make it to the mainstream...sh*t's sad...Budden is not even a top 50 all-time artist...I think you need to stop skimmin through the music...

^^^lmao f*g**t you can write a paragraph as long as you want too but you thinkin wayne is better then budden is as retarded as you thinkin your really the king of ny, budden>>>>any rapper out, and k!lla bh>>> lil wayne now get mad hoe cake
 9 years ago '07        #174
Pr0pa_Sh0rti 
space
space
$4,993 | Props total: 10 10
 DA REAL SHAKOBE said:
shut the fu*k up
You actin' like a summer eves thug aka bi*ch made baby boy =]
 07-22-2008, 03:51 PM         #175
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawproduct03 said:
now get mad hoe cake
Must be that Oregon tough talk...that sh*t they spit in the streets...
 07-22-2008, 03:54 PM         #176
Rich-Young 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the future = best budden track
 07-22-2008, 03:56 PM         #177
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingOfNY369 said:
Must be that Oregon tough talk...that sh*t they spit in the streets...
^^^the fact that you changed the subject to west coast lingo other then the actual point lets me know you mad and i won, so get mad AGAIN hoe cake
 9 years ago '07        #178
Pos 90 heat pts90 OP
space
space
$9,610 | Props total: 5462 5462
 TimeIsMoney said:
I understand why n*gga's ain't tryin to bond wit me/fresh as a fu*k, er'day's like the prom for me/rappers ain't fond of me/fu*k dem, i'm on cha b(?) the game's fixed anyway, just ask tim donaghy

on some other kind of we/sleep where the piranhas be/and honestly, i'm everything dudes is tryna be/i get money and haul off, while they at rock bottom/the poor guys can't even fall off, JOEY!!!! :wow:
ANOTHER Banger in the making, can't wait to hear this sh*t.....

Padded Room gonna be crazyyy, hope he leaves that 'touch & go' bullsh*t off it tho
 9 years ago '04        #179
LilEscobar 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,150 | Props total: 222 222
"I'm living better, 2nd letter with a set of wings, butter leather a hoody sweater and some better bling/ black beretta, these n*ggas better not have said a thing/ for the cheddar I'm not a forgetter or regret a thing/ i can get her, don't have to sweat her or to get her things/ I can dead her, it feels better just to let her cling/ when you met her she was better than Coretta King/ yall lived together she was gonna get a wedding ring/ she chose me, and blows me like she owes me/ you know me I take whatever life throws me/ shows me, girls dont like boys, they like cars, money and some of that good smoke"
 9 years ago '05        #180
lilwheezy 
space
space
$1,825 | Props total: 205 205
i think he's tied with the best rappers out right now

budden
nas
eminem
cunninlynguists (all of em)
jay-z
little brother
styles p
common
kanye, etc

i don't have a solid number 1 just a bunch of people i listen to on a continual basis but out of all of them, i probably listen to budden the most, so i'd say he's my favorite rapper but i don't like saying "so and so are the best"

def has everything you want in a rapper, above quality lyrics, punchlines, stories, music to relate to (even though i'm not a dust head or had label problems, i can feel what he's going through and compare that with sh*t i'm going through, especially the female stuff)

and to those saying he's depressing, how many of y'all live lives like all the other rappers, going clubbing 24/7, living in mansions, fu*king the top notch bi*ches, etc

he's not depressing, he's just talking about life, and last i checked, life isn't all that peachy most of the time
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago