Why is Joe Budden NOT considered the Best Rapper, right now???

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #101
Pos 90 heat pts90 OP
space
space
$9,618 | Props total: 5472 5472
 Chuck Hustle said:
Budden is the poor mans Lil Wayne, i've come to find out... Dude got skills no doubt but to put him above seasoned vets who did what he wishes he could do is ridiculous... and to dude who said name 5 songs better than 3 sides by those other artists...HERES MY OPINION<--make sure u read that okay, it says opinion...and dude whos aid Fab,Beans,Nas,Jay,AZ wasnt far off

Jay-Z
D'evils
Dead Presidents
PSA
Never Change
Encore

Nas

Rewind
The World is Yours
Doo Rags
Last Real n*gga Alive
Small World

Fab
Breathe
Can you hear me?
Click & Spark
Gangsta Dont Play
I Cam for the Money

Beans
The Truth
Feel it in the Air
What they gon say
Beanie
It's On

AZ
Sugar Hill
Problems
Never Change
The Format
Can't Stop

im a fan of all these artists, grew up listenin to this sh*t....but i think Joe's top 5 actually hold its own against these, i would prefer Joe Budden music over those anyway, just MY opinion

i mean songs like:

Dumb Out
3 Sides to a story
Calm Down
Walk With me
The Future
If I Die Tomorrow
Secrets
All Of Me
Hiatus
invisible man, etcccccccccccc

^^it really doesn't get much better than those

Last edited by Pos; 07-22-2008 at 10:19 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #102
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,582 | Props total: 5313 5313
 PHOENIXXX said:
smh @ n*gga attempting to drops songs better than Budden's whole catalog or better than Three Sides To A Story

and didn't even MENTION I Gave You Power

thats how you know dude was bullsh*ting, hating for the sake of it

but at the end of the day it's all opinion. I couldn't care less why Budden aint considered the best out. he the best to me, nobody else's opinion matter much when it somes to my taste in music
:applause::applause:

07-22-2008, 11:03 AM         #103
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
are these people really putting joe over 10 years vets like nas and jay with 3 or more classics...imo lupe>joe
 07-22-2008, 11:04 AM         #104
crmlbywonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngholla said:
are these people really putting joe over 10 years vets like nas and jay with 3 or more classics...imo lupe>joe
no
 9 years ago '04        #105
Drunk By Myself 
space
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 0 0
 youngholla said:
not saying that wayne is the best at all but, dude had 5 albums before the c3 drop.....
which of you can say only 1 was solid... the carter was ill, II was eh

buddens put out 3 mixtapes (all of which could have been albums MM2 was a classic) and a multitude of singles...

commercial appeal is the only reason he didnt have another album

Last edited by Drunk By Myself; 07-22-2008 at 11:21 AM..
 07-22-2008, 11:23 AM         #106
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NomiS said:
hm... naw. ..

Joe Buddens aint proved nothing yet ... close thread fam
..i can understand a n*gga not really likin dude...but i'ont see how you can say that..cuz for all intents and purposes..them last two mood muziks..were albums..and both them were very well put together..it wasn't just real real lyrical sh*t..he had songs on there..dude is one of the most versatile cats in the game right now..he can cover whatever..from the females..to depth..to storytellin..to straight lyricism..and the way sh*t has become so centered on the internet..very few n*ggas have been able to carve their own lane in that medium the way he has...so..i gotta disagree..the ONLY thing missin is record sales..and the one album he put out went gold..and a lotta people thought that sh*t was mismanaged horribly....i'ont see how you can't honor dude..
 9 years ago '06        #107
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 200 200
can somebody put me on to his best music(not a whole damn mixtape), just about 5 song cuz when i listen to his music i find nothing special about em, his punchlines alot of times is predictable and his music isnt timeless(the songs i heard) because of those punchlines, plus dude stay on some depressing shyt
 07-22-2008, 11:37 AM         #108
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree with threadstarter, budden should be acknowledged but i mean the general public really doesnt have access to mixtapes like they do albums..so its understandable that budden doesn't have that big of a buzz worldwide, but that doesnt mean he isn't nice cuz he is, labels just fu*k him over b/c the current state of hip-hop and its listeners aren't checkin for lyrical sh*t

plus, labels just want whats in at the moment so they can get their quick $$$$$$ and then move on to the next fad...their not gonna go with an artist like budden when they can just get another gimmick rapper who can invent a dance that appeals to the kids and sadly some of the grown folk

Last edited by AlCapone; 07-22-2008 at 11:56 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #109
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1062 1062
[QUOTE=Chuck Hustle;12334626]Budden is the poor mans Lil Wayne,

wow n*ggas be wildin, wayne and joe are not in the same category, wayne had 5 albums before c3 and 2 was subpar, i like wayne but he like in my top 20-25, joe in my top 10, and who the fu*k said n*ggas just listen to buddens beats, he dont have no fiyah a.ss beats, his lyrics shine over the beat, when n*ggas first heard lollipop cats was like damn that beat hot not the motherfu*kers lyrics, jay, pac, nas, big, beans, joe, jada, they hot cuz they have substance in their raps , and i know joe dont have an album out but like dude said that doesnt take away for his caliber for music
 9 years ago '05        #110
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
 crmlbywonder said:
n*gga one, you just specified the reason why joe budden is the best. if you actually LISTEN to him its more than those events. its intrapersonal sh*t he goes throug that EVERY1 goes through bruh. be a little more open minded. young jeezy doesnt give it more str8 than nas at all, he just lacks vocabulary and subjects to talk aout. it aint hard to be more lyrical than someone. all you gotta do is go to rhymezone.com type in a big word and rhyme with that sh*t for a whole page canibus = more lyrical than pac but hes not better.
and about sigel, i kno sigel's whole discography but i suggest you do YOUR HW and check out his last album vs mood muzik 3. or if that aint good listen to the day they freestyled at green lantern last year
that wasnt no fu*kin freestyle that was that verse on Family Reunion wit Fab, and The A-Team all the sh*t U sayin about him being the best has nothin to do with his lyrical ability, thats personal reasons and just because U relate to a rapper doesnt make them good, if a n*gga said Soulja Boy is that n*gga because I go through the same sh*t he go through I doubt U gon be open minded U gon start talkin bout lyrics and then what if he says the same sh*t U sayin like Budden can go to rhymezone.com and anyone can be more lyrical? Exactly. I dont care about his ups and downs, if U can rap U can rap To the average rap fan Young Jeezy gives a more clear and understanding of the streets than Nas vocab or no vocab U said it yourself Jeezy has the same chance to go to rhymezone.com but he dont if U dont wanna talk about lyrics then Lupe still the better artist cause he makes better songs no matter where you go with it its a lose lose situation and Budden knows it thats why he give respect to Lupe, Sigel, and Fab he know them n*ggas can spit Just because YOU relate to Budden doesnt make him better, U keep sayin Everyone goes thru what he go thru and that aint true, thats YOU not everyone else
 9 years ago '07        #111
Pos 90 heat pts90 OP
space
space
 ItIsWhatItIs said:
his punchlines alot of times is predictable
his punchlines definiltey are NOT predictable, u have to listen to his music a couple times to actually understand the point he is trying to make, sometimes you won't catch it from the 1st listen

and u may have to research the topic if u don't know what he's talkin about.....

if your talking about predictable punchlines, keep listening to wayne, fab, cass, etcccccc (alot of those rappers are basic)

Budden actually has a meaning, or a point behind each punchline

Last edited by Pos; 07-22-2008 at 11:44 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #112
Pos 90 heat pts90 OP
space
space
 Jae_Mike said:
and who the fu*k said n*ggas just listen to buddens beats, he dont have no fiyah a.ss beats, his lyrics shine over the beat
cosign,

just like some other n*gga said, his punchlines are predictable??? WTFFF

Last edited by Pos; 07-22-2008 at 11:50 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #113
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
joe has been my favorite rapper the past few years now..before him it was close wit a bunch of people...

kiss was probably my favorite rapper for a while, but once i realized he cant really do much(he cant do that much, that doesnt mean he cant go outside the box, i just mean on a regular basis) outside of his nitch, it became evident hes not "the best"...

jay has in my opinion been the best over the longest span...this is what makes me think he POSSIBLY could be at goat status

if i had to tell somebody my 2 favorite albums of all time...i dont give a fu*k what anybody thinks...

1)reasonable doubt

2)Mood Muzik 2

i want people to go to a lyrics site & read along as u listen to his sh*t...block out whats going on around u....

just some more tracks that i loved, that i havent seen people mention in this thread: 10 minutes, stained, unforgiven
 07-22-2008, 11:55 AM         #114
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ his punches bein predictable....far from it

half these dudes hatin havent even listened to one of his tapes most likely, or they can't comprehend what they're hearing
 07-22-2008, 12:06 PM         #115
Market 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can somebody put me on to his best music(not a whole damn mixtape), just about 5 song cuz when i listen to his music i find nothing special about em, his punchlines alot of times is predictable and his music isnt timeless(the songs i heard) because of those punchlines, plus dude stay on some depressing shyt
Dude they have listed a bunch of songs throughout this whole thread.

I flow sickly ridin bumpin old biggie
roll with me or lose weight nicole ritchie
fu*k plat if I dont reach diamond fame, I'll treat a n*ggas face like that old
simon game.

The pressue either buss pipes or make diamonds
No matter how high up the mountain I keep climbin
Freedom I keep chancin, so if I fall like beyonce
I just get back and keep dancing

Maybe i'm in a relationship with bad karma
With a past thats somber, maybe I attract drama(?yeah)
undoubtly my life is on some VH1 sh*t
just added some salt and pepper to reality
While other artist is obsessed with more toys
like Lex coupes, Beamers and Benzes, they lost boys
I kept brushin off my shoulder till the chip was gon
left the benze at the dealer till the kit was on
I dont feel n*ggas songs, so I yell at the awards
I'm loadin up on ratchets, that's the T.I.P i'm on
:applause:

You cant tell me dude aint the best right now

half them lines you little retards who hate on him dont get thats why
yall be lost and say it aint the most lyrical rapper right now..like my mans said early lupe be all across the board with his sh*t. He's lyrical but nobody really can relate to the world issues he be talking about..Budden relates to sh*t that's relevant in our time...
 9 years ago '07        #116
Pos 90 heat pts90 OP
space
space
"all i did for this hood, i thought n*ggas would Thank me/ and i could give a fu*k bout what none of you rank me/ him, him, them, son none'of em ain't Me/ i worked hard to get here, Now that i got here, they want me gone, they tryna treat Joe like a Yankee.......mic check 1,2......"
 9 years ago '04        #117
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
 Market said:
just addin' some salt and pepper to reality
I dont feel n*ggas songs, so while y'all at the awards

little minor changes...but i see your point

mouse is that n*gga...he's just one of those hated artists because people compare him to the greats

maybe they wouldn't hate him as much if it wasn't for those comparisons
 07-22-2008, 12:18 PM         #118
Market 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Those are even some of his best lyrics I just put them down just cause...Just an idea for those who dont have a clue

I'm loadin up on ratchets cause that's the "T.I.P." come on man
that's nuts the line by itself crushes some of them artist whole songs.
 9 years ago '07        #119
Pos 90 heat pts90 OP
space
space
"did we lose our hunger, somethin' gotta give/ did we outgrow ourselves, Is hip-hop for kids??? if it is........."

the whole "Who" series is sooooo dopeee, ^thats not even close to the best line in the series,

but that line kinda sticks to me everytime i hear it...it just makes these rappers look pitiful actually, "like reality check, we look fu*kin pathetic..."

Last edited by Pos; 07-22-2008 at 12:23 PM..
 07-22-2008, 12:24 PM         #120
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Market said:
Dude they have listed a bunch of songs throughout this whole thread.

I flow sickly ridin bumpin old biggie
roll with me or lose weight nicole ritchie
fu*k plat if I dont reach diamond fame, I'll treat a n*ggas face like that old
simon game.

The pressue either buss pipes or make diamonds
No matter how high up the mountain I keep climbin
Freedom I keep chancin, so if I fall like beyonce
I just get back and keep dancing

just added some salt and pepper to reality
I dont feel n*ggas songs, so I yell at the awards

You cant tell me dude aint the best right now

half them lines you little retards who hate on him dont get thats why
yall be lost and say it aint the most lyrical rapper right now..like my mans said early lupe be all across the board with his sh*t. He's lyrical but nobody really can relate to the world issues he be talking about..Budden relates to sh*t that's relevant in our time...
he's not the best
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy