I Feel Like Dying - Lil Wayne being conscious

most viewed right now
When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
44 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
91 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside University of Deleware
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 50 Cent & Jim Jones Show Love Last Night In Miami, Monsta In The Cut To..
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 8 years ago '06        #21
shan0514 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,314 | Props total: 199 199
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was high. when your high off of weed, your mind is stimulated in a relaxation way which influences you to think beyond the norm. and you figure well sh*t, wayne is on cocaine, which makes you feel like your Superman himself, then waynes on Ex, which gives you wings and makes u stay WIDE awoke 4EVER, and then he's on the best marijuana in the whole country, the WHOLE WORLD PERHAPS. so what do you come up with??? a well thought out song.
 8 years ago '06        #22
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,248 | Props total: 479 479
if you expect me to read this sh*t that you wrote on wayne, then do what dude underneath your post said ..

fu*k outta here.
 07-21-2008, 07:50 AM         #23
Sir Shiesty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 2bigz said:
for all who didnt know, lil wayne can actually be a conscious rapper when he's tripping balls

Analysis

Through the controversy of Lil Wayne's messages, many have failed to realize the greatness of this song. "I Feel Like Dying" exemplifies not only Wayne's depth as a rapper, but also his poetic ability that is frequently overshadowed by club beats and weak lyrics.

Lil Wayne begins the track with unsettling optimism. He claims, "I am sittin' on the clouds, I got smoke comin' from my seat / I can play basketball with the moon, I got the whole world at my feet." He chooses to portray himself far above society through the cloud imagery, even claiming that the whole world is at his feet. This delivers a sense of both freedom and ownership. Lil Wayne is far beyond the normal world with his unearthly powers.

The second verse of the song transitions Lil Wayne's condition. Now, he appears more futile than in the previous verse. The imagery changes from beyond earth to a more normal landscape: "Swimming laps around a bottle of Louis the Thirteenth / Jumpin' off of a mountain into a sea of Codeine." Later, Lil Wayne claims, "I'm at the top of the top, but... still I climb / And if I should ever fall, the ground would then turn to wine." The diction of "mountain," "swimming," and "ground" all elucidate a sense of earthliness - greatly contrasting the first verse. Finally, Wayne ends the verse with "Pop, pop, I feel like flying." This final line coincides with the succeeding verse.

Verse three depicts Lil Wayne's fall from the euphoric state he was in. It begins with a familiar optimism; however, he quickly admits, "I am a prisoner, locked up behind Xanax bars." As he declares himself a prisoner, it becomes obvious that his state is an unwanted, but necessary being. In lieu with his tremendous lifestyle, he claims, "I have just boarded a plane, without a pilot." Instead of the boundless clouds he once sat upon, Wayne is now trapped within the plane, symbolically the drugs. While he admits to being trapped within this enslaved state, he claims "And violets are blue, roses are red / Daisies are yellow, the flowers are dead." Each flower represents the popular gangs of the Bloods and Crips; yet, the yellow color remains obscure. Lil Wayne likely references the archetypal color of yellow to represent the hope for the street life. The yellow, like the other colors, however, is already dead. The hope for all is gone as the flowers are dead. Finally, Lil Wayne provides social commentary for society: "Wish I can give you this feeling... I feel like buying." The freedom he once felt, a feeling that can no longer be achieved, must be purchased. Here, Wayne provides the deepest message: the materialism of society is incapable of purchasing independence.

I LIKE THIS SONG . IVE BUMPED IT BARE TIMES IN THE WHIP ......

BUT YOUR CHATTIN BARE BULLsh*t
 07-21-2008, 07:58 AM         #24
DrUnK-N-MuNkY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas loss

fu*k!
 8 years ago '08        #25
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,797 | Props total: 576 576
y did it take u so long to come up with this "analysis"?

dope song tho
 8 years ago '08        #26
Champion4748 
space
space
$167 | Props total: 0 0
Stupid thread!!!!!!!!!!!
 8 years ago '04        #27
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,915 | Props total: 576 576
Figured he was just blowed I really didn't look that much into it .....
 8 years ago '04        #28
Jigga0o7 
space
space
$6,880 | Props total: 0 0
I bet you REACH all over the dinner table without needin anybody to pass anything.
 8 years ago '05        #29
2bigz 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,123 | Props total: 676 676
i didnt write this analysis....(cuz i dont got time)
 07-21-2008, 10:27 AM         #30
Jesus Christ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this almost as funny as that young dro edit on wikipedia lol
 8 years ago '07        #31
Goosie McNeen 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,560 | Props total: 344 344
Free post!
 8 years ago '05        #32
_Player2 206 heat pts206
space
space
$13,303 | Props total: 8909 8909
This is real talk, if you actually think for a second
 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM         #33
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Def. a great song. The metaphors were running rampant. I always used to think of that "boarding a plane without a pilot" line as him saying there is basically no way for him to land safely, so he know he's about to k!ll himself with all them drugs, and the only way he'll stop being at the top is when he's dead.

Most wayne songs don't make me think about sh*t lol.

Last edited by macadon83; 07-21-2008 at 04:16 PM..
 07-21-2008, 04:32 PM         #34
whokid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
negro please
 07-21-2008, 08:25 PM         #35
yunguno144 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hater
 8 years ago '05        #36
2bigz 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$5,123 | Props total: 676 676
hater
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
145 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Amy Schumer Playing ‘Barbie’
68 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Bad Left Hook Gives A Detailed Analysis On Whether Conor McGregor Can B..
55 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay
48 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
154 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy