I Feel Like Dying - Lil Wayne being conscious

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
7396 pageviews
35 comments

2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$6,003 | Props total: 1428 1428
I Feel Like Dying - Lil Wayne being conscious

for all who didnt know, lil wayne can actually be a conscious rapper when he's tripping balls

Analysis

Through the controversy of Lil Wayne's messages, many have failed to realize the greatness of this song. "I Feel Like Dying" exemplifies not only Wayne's depth as a rapper, but also his poetic ability that is frequently overshadowed by club beats and weak lyrics.

Lil Wayne begins the track with unsettling optimism. He claims, "I am sittin' on the clouds, I got smoke comin' from my seat / I can play basketball with the moon, I got the whole world at my feet." He chooses to portray himself far above society through the cloud imagery, even claiming that the whole world is at his feet. This delivers a sense of both freedom and ownership. Lil Wayne is far beyond the normal world with his unearthly powers.

The second verse of the song transitions Lil Wayne's condition. Now, he appears more futile than in the previous verse. The imagery changes from beyond earth to a more normal landscape: "Swimming laps around a bottle of Louis the Thirteenth / Jumpin' off of a mountain into a sea of Codeine." Later, Lil Wayne claims, "I'm at the top of the top, but... still I climb / And if I should ever fall, the ground would then turn to wine." The diction of "mountain," "swimming," and "ground" all elucidate a sense of earthliness - greatly contrasting the first verse. Finally, Wayne ends the verse with "Pop, pop, I feel like flying." This final line coincides with the succeeding verse.

Verse three depicts Lil Wayne's fall from the euphoric state he was in. It begins with a familiar optimism; however, he quickly admits, "I am a prisoner, locked up behind Xanax bars." As he declares himself a prisoner, it becomes obvious that his state is an unwanted, but necessary being. In lieu with his tremendous lifestyle, he claims, "I have just boarded a plane, without a pilot." Instead of the boundless clouds he once sat upon, Wayne is now trapped within the plane, symbolically the drugs. While he admits to being trapped within this enslaved state, he claims "And violets are blue, roses are red / Daisies are yellow, the flowers are dead." Each flower represents the popular gangs of the Bloods and Crips; yet, the yellow color remains obscure. Lil Wayne likely references the archetypal color of yellow to represent the hope for the street life. The yellow, like the other colors, however, is already dead. The hope for all is gone as the flowers are dead. Finally, Lil Wayne provides social commentary for society: "Wish I can give you this feeling... I feel like buying." The freedom he once felt, a feeling that can no longer be achieved, must be purchased. Here, Wayne provides the deepest message: the materialism of society is incapable of purchasing independence.

[pic - click to view]

http://en.wikipedia.org/w .. eel_like_Dying

35 comments for "I Feel Like Dying - Lil Wayne being conscious"

07-20-2008, 08:33 PM         #2
HeavenlySword 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
k!ll yourself.
 07-20-2008, 08:34 PM         #3
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread is going to generate a LOT of hate.

I'm not sure if the person who edited the entry was being serious or sarcastic...that's comedic genius at its finest!
 9 years ago '07        #4
neeko21 
space
space
$2,122 | Props total: 846 846
to be honest i believe that sh*t, cuz when you that high on drugs that sh*t can take you away from stuff you usually think about to like another dimension type sh*t but thats jus imo
 07-20-2008, 08:46 PM         #5
Crzyazninvazn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's on some sh*t right there.
 07-20-2008, 08:56 PM         #6
Progz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im stoned right now...

and im sure lil wayne was when he wrote that sh*t..

when im high i noticed that i even say some smart sh*t where i couldnt when im silver.

100% true i bet! :D
 9 years ago '05        #7
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
I like Wayne but STFU.
 07-20-2008, 10:02 PM         #8
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he was just trying to put drug related sentences together...this article is stupid really, they are looking too in depth into someone that probably didnt think about the sh*t remotely like its being anaylzed in this article.

i like the song, but someone has way too much time on their hands to get that out of it
 9 years ago '04        #9
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
wow...this is funny
 9 years ago '08        #10
TheFuckinEmpire 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,390 | Props total: 1642 1642
Uh oh..
 07-20-2008, 10:31 PM         #11
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if it was true i would agree but the song was trash
 9 years ago '06        #12
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
Didnt read free post.
 9 years ago '07        #13
NasIsThaBest19 
space
space
$1,033 | Props total: 0 0
didn't really care for the song.
 9 years ago '07        #14
neeko21 
space
space
$2,122 | Props total: 846 846
well if you dont smoke, pop pills, cocaine, shrooms, acid, lean, roll, or any other of the psychadelic drugs out there you cant really relate to it unless you a genius by nature
 07-20-2008, 11:00 PM         #15
THE TRUTHINESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas lost....

That was a cool break down, but dude, the guy is a junkie. He probably didn't even know, the meaning behind what he was saying.
 9 years ago '04        #16
MILLYMILL2000 
space
space
$714 | Props total: 3 3
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
Nas lost....

That was a cool break down, but dude, the guy is a junkie. He probably didn't even know, the meaning behind what he was saying.
WOW I'm actually in agreement with you for the first time Truth (except the Nas part of course):applause: :applause:
 9 years ago '07        #17
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
damn who the fu*k wrote all that sh*t and Why ?
 9 years ago '08        #18
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
$7,035 | Props total: 4861 4861
i knew that song was poppin when i first heard it never analyzed the lyrics but yellow daises are yellow is Latin Kings
 9 years ago '06        #19
ICanDoIt 
space
space
space
$2,036 | Props total: 0 0
As a poet, I honestly think Wayne sat down and wrote that sh*t. He might have been spliffed but that doesn't mean this song isn't lyrically great. It's actually one of the few songs that I actually respect, because at first listen it sounds like a bunch of gibberish but when you actually listen to it or read the lyrics, it's metaphor after metaphor after metaphor with actual meaning. The person who wrote that entry may not have analyzed it right, but even that proves it to be an actual work of art, it can be interpreted different ways, by different people...

Sorry for the paragraph, but I finally found a Wayne post that's actually talking about something and not hating/d*ckriding...
 9 years ago '07        #20
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,213 | Props total: 19877 19877
i think lil wayne is hot garbage but the song is cool one of the only wayne songs i like
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
152 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now