Jul 19 - 'Dark Knight' sets single-day box office record with $66.4M

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #61
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
 TopDog23 said:
LMAO!!! No Bullsh*t!!! I Remember When Transformers Came Out And I Had That Same Feeling!!!

its more that meets the fukin eye
 9 years ago '07        #62
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,348 | Props total: 2063 2063
Heath Ledger was great. but the movie was boring when he wasnt in the scene. i dont see why people think christian bale is such a good actor. he's bland to me. the movie was way too long.

they should have had heath in more scenes. he made the movie good

they could have edited the film to be an hour and a half and that would have taken out alot of the boring parts that werent needed

Last edited by 240ka; 07-20-2008 at 05:18 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #63
SexySha21st 
space
space
space
$88 | Props total: 0 0
this movie was great!!! I saw it opening night and i didnt get tickets until that day(which was the worst thing i could do). I had to see it at the latest showtime which was 2:30 am. It was worth the 3hrs although i didnt get home until 6:30am. This is the best movie ive seen all year and heath ledger definitely played the best joker.
 07-21-2008, 05:32 AM         #64
tha_ape 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 R. Joven said:
They do track the numbers in inflation-adjusted terms, and in dollars per showing.

I'm pretty sure boxofficemojo.com has those figures for movies.
I'm talking about per % of population, not adjusted for inflation. The population is 350M now, it used to be a lot less when movies like ET were out.
 9 years ago '07        #65
MissStush88 1 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 4 4
The movie was okay. I think people who are actually into Batman n know the storyline enjoyed it more. I must say the Joker was quite a character but im not gonna be parading around talkin about it was the movie of the century. I honestly think alot of people went to watch a dead man act.The hard body promotion and Heath's death made this movie a box office smash, not the movie itself

If I had to pay, I wouldve waited for the DVD.
Wanted was better.
 9 years ago '04        #66
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
heaths death helped the movie and no one can't say it didn't.
 9 years ago '04        #67
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 240ka said:
Heath Ledger was great. but the movie was boring when he wasnt in the scene. i dont see why people think christian bale is such a good actor. he's bland to me. the movie was way too long.

they should have had heath in more scenes. he made the movie good

they could have edited the film to be an hour and a half and that would have taken out alot of the boring parts that werent needed

an hour and a half would be dumb as fu*k. it would be just all action and no talking. no one whined when the departed was almost 3 hours.

just wait for the dvd, im sure they will have something bonus with it, ill definitely be getting a PS3 and a tv just to see this in bluray.

if you havent seen it, GO SEE IT!
 9 years ago '04        #68
space
space
 dogmanx23 said:
heaths death helped the movie and no one can't say it didn't.
of course it did, and also all the critics were saying his performance in this movie was so amazing which boosted it even more.
also because it lives up the the hype and surpasses it.

no one has said his death helped, its just sad to know hes not here when his career was going to skyrocket.
 9 years ago '04        #69
# 58 
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 100 100
wow...movie was great

and finally got to see about "the pencil" trick lol...sh*t had the theatre dying

but ledger did an outstanding job...creepy a.ss role executed beautifully

5/5 stars
 07-21-2008, 04:40 PM         #70
yunguno144 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
d*ck riders........ the movie was good but damn lol
 9 years ago '08        #71
tico86 150 heat pts150
space
space
$4,235 | Props total: 7033 7033
yea this movie was so fu*kin raw its not even funny.
 9 years ago '07        #72
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,112 | Props total: 6324 6324
haters will be haters....as heath said when he got the role:

But I know at the end of the day you are never going to please anyone 100 percent
And he's right but fu*k it. ..i been watching movies for as long as i can remember and this ranks as one of the best movies I've seen just based off of the villain....i wont overrate him above Anthony's "Hannibal Lector"

but he belongs up there with him ....

The movie itself isn't perfect.... 1. Maggie 2. Batman's voice got irritating

everything else was perfect.....I have a feeling 2face aint dead.

Anyways as for Heath...everyone was so caught up in his role...they forgot that he was a very soft spoken person that died....his role made him more alive than he ever was

BTW

Who got the feeling at the end that they didn't want The Joker to die? ...Like i was rooting for him towards the end of the movie....
 07-21-2008, 06:50 PM         #73
deejay_emcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 almcaffee said:
Wasnt all that it was crackeed up to be (by you cats in this thread, only reason I went and saw it yaw hyped it up like it was hot like transformers or some sh*t) and ill leave it at that....
LMFAO what are you talking about transformers was a huge bust
 9 years ago '06        #74
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
the movie definitely deserves this
 07-21-2008, 08:50 PM         #75
incrediblepiff 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie was dope
joker outsmarted everyone got the whole city on ships then set bombs on them, i have a feeling the detonators woul dhave blown up thier own ship

joker dont play
 9 years ago '07        #76
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 famoussasjohn said:

an hour and a half would be dumb as fu*k. it would be just all action and no talking. no one whined when the departed was almost 3 hours.

just wait for the dvd, im sure they will have something bonus with it, ill definitely be getting a PS3 and a tv just to see this in bluray.

if you havent seen it, GO SEE IT!
you dont want me to tell you how many people i saw looking at their phones to see waht time it was. damn near every person did.

the film would have been alot better and wouldnt have had so many dull moments if it was edited to be shorter. capturing the good dialouge with the action.
 9 years ago '04        #77
space
space
 240ka said:
you dont want me to tell you how many people i saw looking at their phones to see waht time it was. damn near every person did.

the film would have been alot better and wouldnt have had so many dull moments if it was edited to be shorter. capturing the good dialouge with the action.
no one in my theater did, no one left to get popcorn or drinks..
if you cut out any dull part which has fu*king bits and pieces of the story what would you have?

tell me a dull moment?
because what i saw was an amazing movie that wasnt dull or boring any minute of this movie..
 9 years ago '07        #78
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 famoussasjohn said:
no one in my theater did, no one left to get popcorn or drinks..
if you cut out any dull part which has fu*king bits and pieces of the story what would you have?

tell me a dull moment?
because what i saw was an amazing movie that wasnt dull or boring any minute of this movie..
there were plenty of dull mements, quite of bit of bale scenes could have been taken out just like the mayors scenes.

all i went to see the movie for was for the joker. and loved every joker scene
 07-22-2008, 11:46 PM         #79
almcaffee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deejay_emcee said:
LMFAO what are you talking about transformers was a huge bust
Dawg all you see are numbers i guess, I guess you think titanic was the best movie ever!!!
 07-23-2008, 12:11 AM         #80
Lotto_Stud 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 240ka said:
there were plenty of dull mements, quite of bit of bale scenes could have been taken out just like the mayors scenes.

all i went to see the movie for was for the joker. and loved every joker scene
all the scenes you are saying were "dull moment scenes" were set up for the twists in the plot. without them the movie would've been just action and no plot.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago