DJ Premier interview "My new track Keys To The City with Eminem is 'rediculous'!

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #41
runitback1 
space
space
space
$907 | Props total: 0 0
if ya read the thing it says that the beat was already done by em himself and that he called premo up and asked him for help with it and premo said he would do it if he could strip it down and do the whole thing his way and it came out rediculous. he even said the track was crazy before he put his stamp on it. if a hungry em comes back he's gonna take over the game again
 03-11-2008, 08:18 PM         #42
clearm3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 runitback1 said:
if ya read the thing it says that the beat was already done by em himself and that he called premo up and asked him for help with it and premo said he would do it if he could strip it down and do the whole thing his way and it came out rediculous. he even said the track was crazy before he put his stamp on it. if a hungry em comes back he's gonna take over the game again
not very hard to take over the game right now unfortunately

the bar is real low
 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM         #43
swaggerlicious  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesus Christ said:
“Man…Eminem is back,” Premier continues. “He attacked the track with a new style, just fu*king ridiculous, kind of like how he came with ‘The Way I Am’ but even more lyrical like the old Eminem.”

sounds promising
:ejaculates:
 03-11-2008, 09:12 PM         #44
deejay_emcee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 swaggerlicious said:
:ejaculates:
 03-11-2008, 09:28 PM         #45
CommSense123  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Spit 2.0 said:
Em better take it serious, too. His stupid a.ss better not come on a Primo track doin' all that gibberish and gay sh*t.
agreed. if Em goes back to his raw sh*t it'll be fine. if he does a Without Me part 3 im gunna be pissed.
 10 years ago '04        #46
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
Back in the 90’s it seemed that in order to be somebody you couldn’t possibly do an album without the legendary DJ Premier stamping his trademark production. From Nas to Jay-Z and everyone in between, a DJ Premier track made every artist worth talking about official. These days, those calls have dwindled as the younger crop of emcees have opted to go another route while Premier nurtures a new batch of emcees.

But there’s one person that needs that extra punch to make his comeback official and he picked up the phone to make that call…

Marshall Mathers aka Slim Shady aka Eminem

"I just got a call from Eminem," Primo revealed exclusively to HipHopDX.

The song, titled “Keys To The City,” will indeed be on Eminem’s upcoming album (possibly leaked as the street single) and will be the first time Slim Shady will put his signature flow over a DJ Premier backdrop.

“It’s a song that he actually produced and he wasn’t crazy about the track,” Premier says as he recalls the conversation between he and Em. “(I told him) as long as I can strip it clean and do what I do with your vocals it will be dope,” and the final result according to Premier? “It’s dope!”

The former Gangstarr producer explained that he thought the initial song Eminem did with his own production was great but Eminem called, wanting that “DJ Premier sound.”

But how exactly will the two sound together?

“Man…Eminem is back,” Premier continues. “He attacked the track with a new style, just fu*king ridiculous, kind of like how he came with ‘The Way I Am’ but even more lyrical like the old Eminem.”

With a legend like DJ Premier saying that the song is “ridiculous” what more can you expect? Be on the lookout for “Keys To The City” off of the as-yet-titled Eminem album dropping this year.

10 years ago '07        #47
|JOHN| 
space
space
$1,157 | Props total: 57 57
good news but its already been posted on here
 10 years ago '04        #48
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
I didn't see it my bad.

...And I must be hella tired because I don't see it in here or the news. All I see is the thing about Em and Royce.

Last edited by JFamis; 03-15-2008 at 03:04 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #49
|JOHN| 
space
space
$1,157 | Props total: 57 57
alll good bro like i said its still good news lol
 10 years ago '05        #50
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 442 442
Man who cares how many times it's posted this sh*t right here is the best news I've heard in a long a.ss time.

Next I wanna hear Detox to drop a single and then 08 would be that sh*t. :D
 10 years ago '04        #51
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 LVuittonDon4EVA said:
Man who cares how many times it's posted this sh*t right here is the best news I've heard in a long a.ss time.

Next I wanna hear Detox to drop a single and then 08 would be that sh*t. :D
I don't see this posted anywhere still!!! I've looked through 4 pages. This is completely separate from the sh*t about him and Royce.
 10 years ago '05        #52
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
I'd like to believe it, but artists have a way of hyping up their own material... I wonder why that is :sarcastic:

The idea of the collabo is enough to give us hope though.
 10 years ago '12        #53
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
JFamis, its been posted, here Ill even give u the link.

But anyway, this is GREAT news for Eminem fans, I know everyone around Em been sayin' the album is gonna be fire, but hearin' this from a credible source like Premo is GREAT NEWS, Hopefully Em is back on his Slim Shady sh*t!!
 10 years ago '06        #54
ohiostate7 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,981 | Props total: 242 242
i want this sh*t to leak already or atleast leak a snippet
 03-15-2008, 10:44 AM         #55
Danja2Society  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '06        #56
Nash P 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 44 44
IMO a Eminem album is needed more than ANYTHING in this industry right now
 10 years ago '06        #57
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2323 2323
this is great news its something ive been waiting for years. cant wait til we get to hear the song
 10 years ago '04        #58
YingYangTwinS 
space
space
$1,523 | Props total: 3 3
oh man....2008 looking a good year!!!!!!!!
 03-15-2008, 02:38 PM         #59
Classefied  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2008 = gon be crazy
 10 years ago '05        #60
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,240 | Props total: 15803 15803
I hope its hot....
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy