DJ Premier interview "My new track Keys To The City with Eminem is 'rediculous'!

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM         #1
12258 pageviews
96 comments

Qwes1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DJ Premier interview "My new track Keys To The City with Eminem is 'rediculous'!

I was watching a video on a site on Primo and he was like he is missing someone to rhymes on his beats.
He said "He would love for Em to rhyme on one of his beats"!He also said he knew Em would Rip that Beat to shreds!
Eminem on a Dj Premier Beat would be SWEET! EM HOLLER AT PRIMO! image
What do ya think on Em rhyming on a Primo Beat??

March 11th, 2008

DJ Premier "my new track“Keys To The City,”with Eminem is 'rediculous'!

JFamis said: image
Back in the 90’s it seemed that in order to be somebody you couldn’t possibly do an album without the legendary DJ Premier stamping his trademark production. From Nas to Jay-Z and everyone in between, a DJ Premier track made every artist worth talking about official. These days, those calls have dwindled as the younger crop of emcees have opted to go another route while Premier nurtures a new batch of emcees.

But there’s one person that needs that extra punch to make his comeback official and he picked up the phone to make that call…

Marshall Mathers aka Slim Shady aka Eminem

"I just got a call from Eminem," Primo revealed exclusively to HipHopDX.

The song, titled “Keys To The City,” will indeed be on Eminem’s upcoming album (possibly leaked as the street single) and will be the first time Slim Shady will put his signature flow over a DJ Premier backdrop.

“It’s a song that he actually produced and he wasn’t crazy about the track,” Premier says as he recalls the conversation between he and Em. “(I told him) as long as I can strip it clean and do what I do with your vocals it will be dope,” and the final result according to Premier? “It’s dope!”

The former Gangstarr producer explained that he thought the initial song Eminem did with his own production was great but Eminem called, wanting that “DJ Premier sound.”

But how exactly will the two sound together?

“Man…Eminem is back,” Premier continues. “He attacked the track with a new style, just fu*king ridiculous, kind of like how he came with ‘The Way I Am’ but even more lyrical like the old Eminem.”

With a legend like DJ Premier saying that the song is “ridiculous” what more can you expect? Be on the lookout for “Keys To The City” off of the as-yet-titled Eminem album dropping this year.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.hiphopdx.com/i .. -by-dj-premier

Last edited by Wasted; 07-18-2008 at 01:10 PM..

96 comments for "DJ Premier interview "My new track Keys To The City with Eminem is 'rediculous'!"

01-21-2008, 01:12 PM         #2
S-DAWG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
primo doesnt like eminem...and is he sayin em like em or em like him
 01-21-2008, 01:42 PM         #3
chronic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^wtf??????
 01-21-2008, 02:25 PM         #4
Jesus Christ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ill Bill already gonna be spitting on premo beats this year
 01-21-2008, 02:41 PM         #5
Qwes1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S-DAWG said:
primo doesnt like eminem...and is he sayin em like em or em like him
Well rather he likes him or not,He was like Marshall holler at me,"All I need is 1 beat"! 1 Beat!-Primo
 01-21-2008, 03:03 PM         #6
Qwes1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 joeyb8420 said:
premos not reely ems style
The Old Em,You ain't heard the Rawkus Records Joint?
Besides Em could spit to any beat,he an Emcee.

Last edited by Qwes1; 01-21-2008 at 03:07 PM..
 01-21-2008, 03:06 PM         #7
S-DAWG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
is that the word in Raleigh NC

stick to college hoops n*gga y'all don't fit well with hiphop.
omg.......thats the dumbest comment i heard..... BK stopped become relevent since jay-z beefed with nas..... but it was said somewhere... ill dig it up .. at u dummies... nc dont fit well with hip-hop
 10 years ago '04        #8
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
^^sorry but that was funny LOL
 01-21-2008, 03:22 PM         #9
Qwes1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll find the video and up it.
 01-21-2008, 03:31 PM         #10
S-DAWG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow.... thought eminem stans died after encore .. whatever brah... ill dig it up and post it...it was said around the time 8 mile came out and eminems signing of 50 cent...how eminem stated somthing about columbia... its whatever tho i kno what i heard.... lol he called me an imbred lol...name calling fam...u serious?..hahahaha .... i guess i win... im out
 01-21-2008, 05:30 PM         #11
Qwes1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Found It,you be the judge? Around 1:30 min. He mentions Em.
 10 years ago '04        #12
JordanMPM 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,010 | Props total: 226 226
he wants money
 01-21-2008, 11:01 PM         #13
Qwes1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
he never said I don't like Eminem he said I think he'd rip one of my tracks props
Yep. Props Back
 10 years ago '04        #14
KoKen 5 heat pts
space
space
$898 | Props total: 69 69
Premos right... Em kept going further and further away from raw hip hop (role model's my sh*t), he needs to stop producing for himself for once
 01-22-2008, 09:51 AM         #15
Qwes1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KoKen said:
Premos right... Em kept going further and further away from raw hip hop (role model's my sh*t), he needs to stop producing for himself for once
Yeah that's true is like he went way too much Commercial,He saw that Scrilla and said fu*k it. Yeah he needs to get back to ripping it raw,when he was a battle Emcee. I'm sure if Em got a beat from Primo,he'll change it up.
Well he has done stuff w/ Boo Ya Tribe which was dope and that wasn't commercial at all but that was '03...
 10 years ago '05        #16
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
if he's still got it in him it might be tight........

BUT

Em has been on that pee pee poo poo sh*t for the past few years......it'd be disrespectful to a Preemo beat to rhyme about that sh*t on it......
 10 years ago '06        #17
LBThrizzy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 963 963
 daliff89 said:
if he's still got it in him it might be tight........

BUT

Em has been on that pee pee poo poo sh*t for the past few years......it'd be disrespectful to a Preemo beat to rhyme about that sh*t on it......
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 01-22-2008, 11:40 AM         #18
Darkside Ty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I seriously doubt Em would have the gall to make pooh and fart sounds on a Premo beat..Plus, I doubt Premo would let Em have any of the mixing/mastering control of the record..
 01-22-2008, 02:38 PM         #19
Qwes1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Darkside Ty said:
I seriously doubt Em would have the gall to make pooh and fart sounds on a Premo beat..Plus, I doubt Premo would let Em have any of the mixing/mastering control of the record..
Werd,naah... Primo won't let it happen if Em starts doing a funny type track.
Primo will probably be like,"Keep that sh*t Raw,BOOM-BAP type sh*t!Keep it Hip Hop!
I sure Em has respect for Primo and would show up in the Booth and spit it Raw. Who knows?!? Unless it happens....
 10 years ago '06        #20
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,784 | Props total: 2285 2285
i would love to hear this happen, Em would most likely come with his rawest sh*t ever cuz hes all about proving himself to people and since Primo has kinda layed down the challenge im sure Em would rip the beat up if they did get together.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy