[08-04-08]Rick Ross "I’m rich off cocaine, cause I did it"/AC Hood/Khaled Speaks

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
24 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What’s worst
Kissing a Man 70 68.63%
Lying about being a C.O 14 13.73%
Peeing on a underage girl 18 17.65%
Voters: 102. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-31-2008, 11:55 PM         #881
chloroform 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas lost
 9 years ago '04        #882
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 4446 4446
NAS......

loses
 9 years ago '07        #883
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Nas wins
 9 years ago '06        #884
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
Nas wins. fu*k Bill O'Reilly
 9 years ago '08        #885
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 385 385
Boxden lost...
 08-01-2008, 01:46 AM         #886
xxxbmyxxx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas lost. ross the truth
 9 years ago '06        #887
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,634 | Props total: 8566 8566
When Nas said hiphop is dead he meant his music.
 9 years ago '06        #888
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
fukkin hilarious...damn!
 08-02-2008, 08:27 AM         #889
R-Nice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mainevent said:
im not even a 50 fan but even if 50 was a cop...he got shot 9 times cuz he had his hands in some dirt and was fu*kin wit some real n*ggas. he fu*ked wit preme. he was in da hood weather u wana beleive it or not

who can vouch for ross...the feds thats who
 9 years ago '04        #890
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
"No I never told him it was ok to use my name. I told him I wasn't trippin but we needed to sit down and talk. Cause I would never be involved with a Millie Vanilli"

allhiphop.com exclusive

By Alvin 'aqua' Blanco
What’s in a name? Everything.

It can be haphazardly given, a carefully contemplated nom de plume or even a wayward nickname that sticks, but eventually your name will come to represent the many facets of your being. "Freeway" Ricky Ross—the man serving out a bid in the Texarkana Federal Correctional Institution for drug trafficking—takes pride in his name. He earned the Freeway moniker when gaining his legend running a multi-million dollar cocaine ring that spanned from South Central LA to the Midwest and beyond in the 80's. Google it if you need evidence.

Meanwhile, Def Jam/Slip-n-Slide artist Rick Ross’ (né William Leonard Roberts) name rings heavy in the Hip-Hop game; initially for rising to the top of a crowded rap heap but most recently for leaked photos depicting his alleged stint in the late 90’s as a Corrections Officer. Holding down a square gig isn’t anything to clown but in The Boss’ case, the uniform doesn’t jibe with the former drug kingpin image that permeates his music. But the real dilemma isn’t Ross’ resume (really, how do you think drugs get into prisons?) but his vehement denials despite mounting evidence to the contrary.

No matter where you stand in the Rick Ross as fraud debate, Freeway Ricky Ross is at least one individual with legit qualms about the matter. The artist Rick Ross’ name is a blatant ode to Freeway Ricky Ross, but it’s not a juxtaposition the latter endorses. Via e-mail with Ricky Ross we asked the reformed drug dealer with eyes on flipping his fame for positivity questions pertaining to his feelings regarding Rick Ross-gate and Hip-Hop’s overall infatuation with the drug trade. Pay heed, because it get no realer.

AllHipHop.com: How did you get in contact with the artist Rick Ross: did he reach out to you or did you reach out to him?

Freeway Ricky Ross: I have friends that work at a lot of magazines and right before he got ready to blow up I got a lot of mail asking me how I felt about him using my name and asking me if I wanted to holla at him. So one of my boys gave me his number. No, he never reached out to me.

AllHipHop.com: You’ve mentioned having spoken to Rick Ross a few times before, what were the conversations about and what did you take from them, as far as his character? Did you ever implicitly say you were not okay with him using your name?
"I told him it would be best that we have a sit down. He [explained] to me how he picked my name and that he definitely owed me. He said that the first thing he did was mention my name on a record. And when he did that people's ears perked."

Freeway Ricky Ross: The conversation was basically about him using my name. The first couple of times he talked real cool. I really couldn't talk to him the way I wanted to because all my phone calls are monitored and I was under investigation at the time. But I told him it would be best that we have a sit down. He [explained] to me how he picked my name and that he definitely owed me. He said that the first thing he did was mention my name on a record. And when he did that people's ears perked.

This is probably true, a lot of people probably don’t know he knew my name, but in ‘96 there was a media [blitz] with me. I made every major newspaper in this country. I also made all the talk shows. I was doing three or four interviews a day. So we agreed that we would do a sit down in the visiting room and discuss what was going on with our situation. Here is the address that he gave me to send the visiting forms to: [REDACTED] Hialeah, Fl as well as a phone numbers. 305-[REDACTED] or 786-[REDACTED].

He just tried to reach out to me about three weeks ago before all this stuff hit but I refuse to have contact with him. What was really surprising with the whole conversation with him [was] that even though he was in the studio a numerous of times when we spoke, he not once asked me if I would say a few things on his album. I never requested, because it was kinda of odd cause I had talked to a lot of rappers and they wanted me to say something on their album and was willing to pay without me asking.

"No I never told him it was ok to use my name. I told him I wasn't trippin but we needed to sit down and talk. Cause I would never be involved with a Millie Vanilli"
No I never told him it was ok to use my name. I told him I wasn't trippin but we needed to sit down and talk. Cause I would never be involved with a Millie Vanilli. I built this name to what it is today to where I can go to any prison in this country and get saluted.

AllHipHop.com: You also mentioned the artist Rick Ross going as far as calling you a snitch. Did you see that coming?

Freeway Ricky Ross: Yeah he did an article in the Ozone Magazine. No I never thought he would call me a snitch. That’s a serious jacket to put on somebody. And from what I did,150 soldiers got out of prison. It was cops that was planting drugs on innocent people and I had no problem taking them down. But I can understand why he don't like cops to go down.

AllHipHop.com: To some extent most, if not all rappers “tweak” the truth whether it be speaking on things they’ve seen from afar or exaggerating their own experiences, but how much would you say is too much?

Freeway Ricky Ross: Yeah I agree the rap game now is way over exaggerated. Back in the day guys like King T and Master Spade and Ice T,they told stories and when they did they made sure that people knew who the real playa was. Take me for instance, I can't rap, but I am friends with all the rappers from L.A. How would it look me being famous and putting together a album and let someone rap for me? Do we know if he is really even rapping? I think to trick the kids into believing he is real is playing too far. And I get letters all the time of people asking am I real.

AllHipHop.com: Drug dealers have long been deemed as “heroes” in hoods throughout the USA, even the world. Considering what you have gone through, what is your take on the phenomenon now?

Freeway Ricky Ross: Yeah I guess you right, in the ghetto drug dealers have always been heroes. Well when I start selling drugs life looked really bleak for me. I was flat broke no skills, illiterate, dumb and blind. So when a person [is] in that condition anything looks better than where they are at. I had accepted prison and death as a part of everyday life. Even k!lling and dying didn't make a difference.

AllHipHop.com: You have been called the “Walmart of Crack” due to the vastness of your business at its height. Was achieving the infamy you did always part of the plan or was it something that spun out of control?

Freeway Ricky Ross: Well to be honest with you when me and my partner started off we only wanted to make 5000 dollars. But it became addictive. When I had 1000 none of my partner had 2 dollars. I have always been the leader of my crew. They say I was born with leadership ability. And I do thrive on power. So after a while of being in the dope trade, and a few lucky breaks, the picture started to get clearer. Then I felt I [had] found what I had been looking for all my life. My niche. It’s like anything else. The more you practice the better you get. I learned some valuable lessons out of the dope trade.

AllHipHop.com: Your case brought to light the involvement of the government at least partially in bringing drugs into the U.S., did you ever feel like you were a marked man? I mean, this is the U.S. government!

"I am not afraid of the US Government. I fought the government and won. The only thing they can do now is k!ll me. But I will never stop"

Freeway Ricky Ross: No I never felt like a marked man. I come from a humble beginning. What was really hard for me to believe is how could Rick Ross the guy that everybody in school used to make fun of because he had holes in his shoes, teacher said that [he] was least likely to succeed. And I am not afraid of the US Government. I fought the government and won. The only thing they can do now is k!ll me. But I will never stop.

for more of the interview enter the web address above
Peace Freeway Ricky Ross.

damn is a wrap for for rick ross lol
 9 years ago '04        #891
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 eza said:

Freeway Ricky Ross: Yeah he did an article in the Ozone Magazine. No I never thought he would call me a snitch. That’s a serious jacket to put on somebody. And from what I did,150 soldiers got out of prison. It was cops that was planting drugs on innocent people and I had no problem taking them down. But I can understand why he don't like cops to go down.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Bedewe22; 08-03-2008 at 03:13 PM..
 08-03-2008, 03:06 PM         #892
*Perry* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ross Gets owned Left And Right nemore dude Needs a Rubber Nose
 9 years ago '04        #893
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
"But I can understand why he don't like cops to go down."
Damn he got him with that line lol...
 9 years ago '08        #894
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
In what can only be billed as an act of self defense or self incrimination, Rick Ross (the rapper) granted Don Diva magazine an exclusive interview, sounding off on the recent allegations leveled against him concerning his tenure as a correctional officer.

Ross—who was recently rebuked by “Freeway” Ricky Ross[click to read]—told the magazine everything he talks about in his music is real.

“When I’m making my music and I’m talking about blow, it’s because I did it,” the Miami rapper says. “When I say I’m rich off cocaine, it’s cause I did it… I took a lot of losses in this game. I took losses in the street, losses in this music.”

Ross also says he never had a hand in sending another man to jail. “I never ratted on a n*gga, I never locked up a n*gga.”

“I believe in the death penalty for rats."

08-04-2008, 12:53 PM         #895
hiphop4ever 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ross lost
 08-04-2008, 12:53 PM         #896
mblock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
way to snitch on yourself
 9 years ago '07        #897
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 5250 5250
 mblock said:
way to snitch on yourself
 08-04-2008, 01:05 PM         #898
ferrari f-50 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rick ross can't be serious. someone needs to shoot him in the head!
 08-04-2008, 01:16 PM         #899
Blue Cartwright 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Fraud Class Of 2008

1. T.I.- claiming a hood he never stayed in.

2. Rick Ross - lied about being a security officer.

3. Young Buck - gangstas don't cry......n*gga.

4. ThaKid- typed a 5 paragraphs of LIES about an on and off romance with

some broad...........IN HIS MIND.

5. SquirrelXss- We still waitin' on those pics of you and your model

chick.

Who's next?!?!?

Last edited by Blue Cartwright; 08-04-2008 at 01:45 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #900
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Delirious
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy