Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 9 years ago '06        #21
edouble2k6 1 heat pts OP
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
 kodak314 said:
yo fuse says 32v? that doesnt sound rite
Yeah man that's all it says, there's no other numbering or anything on it. I looked all over it up close under the light LOL.

I mean, I'm sure it's the right fuse for the cable... It came with the cable. I got one of those sets that comes with the blue power cable, the remote wire, the ground, etc...

I know I'm just making things harder for myself by not taking it somewhere, but the fact it worked for so long like almost 2 years in this car with no problems make me think that everything was right. I'm just hoping to save some money and learn something at the same time by troubleshooting it myself.
 07-15-2008, 01:36 PM         #22
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the 32v is probably some sort of id # or model #. nothing in a car should be higher than 17v. and thats with modifications. a cars electrical system is a "12v" system which is actually about 14.4 from the alt but 12 from the battery.

try replace the fuse under the hood, if that doesn';t work then definately bring your amp in and have them bench test it. or just briung the car in and have them look it over. it still sounds like either a connection issue or the amp is pretty much shot and is blowing the fuses

one
GhosT
 9 years ago '06        #23
edouble2k6 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 GhosT said:
the 32v is probably some sort of id # or model #. nothing in a car should be higher than 17v. and thats with modifications. a cars electrical system is a "12v" system which is actually about 14.4 from the alt but 12 from the battery.

try replace the fuse under the hood, if that doesn';t work then definately bring your amp in and have them bench test it. or just briung the car in and have them look it over. it still sounds like either a connection issue or the amp is pretty much shot and is blowing the fuses

one
GhosT
Yeah, it's not blowing the fuses on the amp anymore it's just not turning on, LOL.

I'll take your advice though.

EDIT: On one audio forum someone told me I probably blew turn on circuit in my head unit which I REALLY don't want to hear, this deck cost me a few hundred and is less than a year old.

Last edited by edouble2k6; 07-15-2008 at 02:00 PM..
 07-16-2008, 12:21 PM         #24
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so the deck doesn't even turn on either?
one
GhosT
 07-16-2008, 03:25 PM         #25
Fresh 84 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
turn down your frequency level,i had the exact same problem until i took it my supplier then he took off the top of my amp and turned down some sh*t
 9 years ago '06        #26
edouble2k6 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Ghost, my deck does work, but someone suggested that there is a circuit inside the deck that is in control of the remote wire and it might have been shorted? I seriously doubt that's the issue, but I don't like to hear that.

Fresh, do you think that it needs to be turned down even though it's been working fine for 2 years now? I'll certainly consider your advice though.
 9 years ago '06        #27
~SHYNE~ 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,690 | Props total: 365 365
Since the remote turn on the amp,have you tried running a new remote wire,possible it got crimped a bit or cut....
 07-17-2008, 11:43 AM         #28
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah if there's a slight cut int he remote wire it will keep the amp from turning on. i had that problem with my diamond audio d5300.2. put a cover over it and it was fine

one
GhosT
 9 years ago '06        #29
edouble2k6 1 heat pts OP
space
space
Well, I discovered something new yesterday since I actually had some spare time on my hands. I took the backseat appart to reveal my power cable and it has what appears to be some significant darkening in certain areas which leads me to a.ssume they are burn marks.

Now, obviously if the power cable is destroyed the amp will not function. However, that leads me to a new question. Could this issue that I had with the fuse on the amp constantly blowing out be tied in with this burnt power cable... if so how? I don't want to replace the power cable only to destroy another one, what could be a cause of this?
 9 years ago '06        #30
~SHYNE~ 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,690 | Props total: 365 365
Aything is possible,grab a multimeter and see if you can check for continuity(sp?) on the power line.Cheapest and easiest thing you can do to see if thats the problem.

While you have the backseat out,check the ares where you saw the burn marks on the power wire...
 9 years ago '06        #31
edouble2k6 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 ~SHYNE~ said:
Aything is possible,grab a multimeter and see if you can check for continuity(sp?) on the power line.Cheapest and easiest thing you can do to see if thats the problem.

While you have the backseat out,check the ares where you saw the burn marks on the power wire...
Yeah we are going to run the test this week, I'll let everyone know how it turns out...
 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM         #32
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fuses blowing probably caused the power wire to burn up. like shyne said test with a multimeter. i'd probably jsut replace the power wire whether or not you get current through it. no point in keeping a burnt power wire. i'd also upgrade the size when you swap out the power cable. but make sure you upgrade your ground as well
one
GhosT
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago