The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #161
1BANKS87 
space
space
$314 | Props total: 4 4
im going to go on a limb and say this is the best movie of the year,that pencil scene had me dying of laughter.i have nothing but positive words to say,they delievered past my expectations and personally heath ledger did an amazing job with the joker

Last edited by 1BANKS87; 07-18-2008 at 02:44 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #162
William M Holla 
space
space
space
$1,300 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said:
the movie has left me speechless.....i dont know if their are any words to describe how good it is.

legders joker k!lled jacks with the pencil scene alone
speechless sums it up....when i started the thread i couldnt think of anything...but speechless sums it all up
 07-18-2008, 02:53 AM         #163
therandgr81  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pencil scene...... priceless. joker as a nurse........priceless. this movie was seriously a masterpiece. will see it agin sunday and the blue ray will be a must buy.
 9 years ago '04        #164
MilesH 
space
space
space
$859 | Props total: 0 0
lmao must suck, movie was the sh*t but i guess you can see it tomorrow
 9 years ago '06        #165
kevkhalee 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,319 | Props total: 120 120
I loved it.
Happy about the Joker's bodycount...but i would be happier if at least one of those boats blew up.
 9 years ago '04        #166
<the takeova> 
space
space
$2,771 | Props total: 0 0
its the best fu*king movie of 08 hands down that sh*t was type fresh a must see very good movie the joker was the sh*t

1. DARK KNIGHT

2. IRON MAN
 9 years ago '08        #167
H Class 
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 119 119
Just got back a little while ago myself. Can't really say anything that hasn't been said but this is the best movie I've seen this year. Hopefully they take their time with the next one and do it right because this one will be hard to beat.
 9 years ago '08        #168
H Class 
space
space
$1,473 | Props total: 119 119
Damn that wouldn't pissed me off too. But just sleep it off and go when you wake up.
 07-18-2008, 03:14 AM         #169
R10  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
was there anything after the credits i didnt stay to see
 9 years ago '05        #170
bennyboy2205 
space
space
$635 | Props total: 0 0
awesome movie

ledger was unbelieveable
 9 years ago '04        #171
Datni99ajeff 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 83 83
The Best Ive seen period
 9 years ago '04        #172
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
Joker >>>
 9 years ago '04        #173
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
:applause:
 9 years ago '04        #174
Datni99ajeff 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 83 83
i dont know why yall sayin best this year when da year started we knew it was going to be da best this year so ima the best movie ive seen period.
 07-18-2008, 03:49 AM         #175
Sneaky_Bob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
crazy movie.. go see that sh*t.. i cosign every statement to this point x2
 9 years ago '05        #176
Scorpz 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,169 | Props total: 20678 20678
damn 4real... this movie is serious!! :applause:
 07-18-2008, 05:05 AM         #177
soolie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great movie amazing words can't express from pencil to harvey to the joker to batman I was blown away were i live it was sold out last night glad I got my tickets online movie of the year going to see it again on sunday and monday with mom dukes lol chris nolan hez the man imd rated it number 4 of movies of all time 3.4million in imax alone most showing across the us to date record breaker man go watch this
 07-18-2008, 05:07 AM         #178
soolie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great movie amazing words can't express from pencil to harvey to the joker to batman I was blown away were i live it was sold out last night glad I got my tickets online movie of the year going to see it again on sunday and monday with mom dukes lol chris nolan hez the man imd rated it number 4 of movies of all time 3.4million in imax alone most showing across the us to date record breaker man go watch this
 9 years ago '07        #179
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
If Heath doesn't get an Oscar... I'm k!lling everybody.

Starting with the drunk white trash bi*ch in the theatre that kept arguing with her boyfriend. Thank god she left, cuz I was really about to smack the p!ss out of her.

Epic movie. Nolan is the man.
 9 years ago '05        #180
MoeMurda 2 heat pts
space
space
$320 | Props total: 4 4
Everybody has their own taste in books, music, movies, etc. I just recently graduated college with honors, and was able to get most of my schooling paid for because of my writings. I usually tend to go with critics opinion on movies, and prefer a lot of different films that don't always get the "Blockbuster" money making. Dark Knight was sure to be one of the blockbusters...

I did have very high expectations for this film though, and was definately my most anticipated of 2008. Batman was the only "superhero" theme I've ever been able to get into since I was 4 years old (now 22). I've been Batman for Halloween before, as well as the Riddler. I loved Jack Nicholson in the original, liked Returns, liked Forever, hated Batman and Robin, and loved Batman Begins.

Christian Bale is one of the best actors today. He defines Batman, and did a good job in this movie. But all in all, what blew it away was Heath Ledger's performance. Shocker, right? Well considering he was re-doing what was first played by Jack Nicholson (possibly the best actor ever in his prime), it seems almost impossible to top a performance like that...even if Christopher Nolan is diong this Batman franchise.

I enjoyed Harvey Dent much more before Two-Face. He looked very sadistic as Two-Face, but his burnt face reminded me of a brown colored Terminator for some reason. The mouth and the eyeball. Hmm...I don't know. Maybe I was just too infatuated with Joker to care about him.

There's no doubt this Batman series is more dark, and more real. The cast was unbelievable. I for one actually prefered Maggie Gyllenhall (however you spell it) over Katie Holmes. Michael Caine did a good performance, as well as Morgan Freeman. I do wish Freeman was in a little bit more of the film though, because he had great on screen presence and added a lot of humor to the film (which is a great combination adding twisted evil, surprise, comedy, drama, tragedy, and action!)

But with that being said, this film really does have it all! My only negative would be to have made Rachel and Bruce's love relationship in the first half of the movie more focused. Might sound gay, but I think it would have added more to the certain event later on. It was like remorse for 2 minutes, then back to action. Entertainment wise, great. But you gotta milk that sh*t for all it's worth.

There's no question Heath Ledger stole the show. Not only did he outdo Jack's performance, but he outdid any performance of almost any villain in history. It might not go down in memory is as good of a performance as the best villains ever since it's a comic book adapted film, and the fact people would think it's out of sympathy or tribute because of his death....but this performance is up there with Javier Bardem of No Country for Old Men, Denzel Washington in Training Day, Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, and Jack Nicholson in the Shining...and it might even be my favorite bad guy performance ever.

You find yourself rooting for the Joker...and in a lot of ways, Joker might have won against Batman at the end. He took his love, his hope of the White Knight, and he survived. I had a lot of fun at the IMax with all my Jokers and Batmans dressed up, and how I enjoyed painting my face, dying my hair, and getting a whole Joker outfit and scaring children and people all through my apartment complex, on the road, in the restaurant and Wal-Mart walking around dressed like a psychotic freak! Haha.

But this movie is worth seeing for Heath's performance alone. It surpassed his Brokeback Mountain performance by a landslide. Some of the scenes, mainly the interrogation room, hospital blow-up, and when he put the knife to the throats and talked about his scars to Gambol and Rachel Dawes...simply the best acting I've maybe ever seen.

Dark Knight is the best overall film I've seen since probably Crash. It won't win movie of the year at the Oscars...but it should. The film does live up to the hype. May I say rest in peace to Heath Ledger, and my prayers with his family. He had a great acting career, and hopefully an even better life while he was here. Now I hope he's in the Heavens looking down on us, as he gave us fans and the whole world a final acting performance that I will never forget.

Dark Knight Rating: A

Last edited by MoeMurda; 07-18-2008 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: Forgot a word in a sentence
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago