The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
100 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #841
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,099 | Props total: 6297 6297
^he must've been the cat that saw Mammia Mia instead
 9 years ago '04        #842
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,980 | Props total: 4319 4319
 stitch said:
your first mistake.

what is wrong with you, mang?

closure is NECESSARY.

you see, a story has a beginning, a middle, AND AN END.

that's what a story IS.

endings are called endings because they............... END!!!

it's not "sorta end" or "the beginning of the end" (unless it's the terminator then it's cool) or "kinda end"

but

THE

FUCCING

FUCCING

ENDDDD!!!

ARGH!

AM I GETTING THROUGH TO YOU HEAR? YOUR OPINION ON FILMS IS WRONG.
The movie did have an end!!! If you remember "Batman Begins," Bruce Wayne wanted to create Batman as a symbol to inspire the people of Gotham that there is hope. Now we are seeing the turnaround of Gotham. He doesn't plan on being Batman forever, but of course we all know that he always will be. In screenwriting this is what is called putting the audience in a superior position.

Now enter part 2. The mob is losing control because Batman has inspired people over the last year to do more. Cops are starting to realize they don't have to succumb to the level of criminals. However, new threats are starting to arise. The idea of escalation that is introduced in the end of Begins. Escalation is introduced through the Joker, a new breed of villain who doesn't care about the same type of things that the mob does.

Meanwhile, Harvey Dent is rising through the ranks and cleaning up the city. Dent is a better kind of role model for the city than Batman because he doesn't wear a mask and stop villains using combat. He does it with smarts. He is the kind of leader that Bruce Wayne wanted to inspire. The kind of leader the city needs. He's also the kind of idealist that people like The Joker and Maroni despise. There plan is to take him down. At the end of the first part of the second act Dent is put in a life changing situation, as we know, and his girlfriend is k!lled. At the end of the second part of the second act, we approach the climax. Joker visits him in the hospital and gives him the "push" that is needed to turn him to evil. Then he goes on a rampage and k!lls 5 people.

In the end, he is what is considered a tragic hero. Which is the reason he tells the story of Caesar in the beginning. His story arc is a Greek tragedy. If you read about Aristotle's theories on tragedy then maybe the end will make more sense to you. Instead of him being victorious against the Joker, he fails, because he succumbs to his flaw. Though he intends to do good, he is human, and can be broken. We see this when he is pistol whipping the guy in the alley. In the end he serves his purpose though because he put away 549 criminals and his image is untainted thanks to Batman. And Batman is still completing his mission by establishing the symbol Gotham needs to rise above the crime that corrupts their police force and their city. Even though they look at Batman as bad, it is for the good because Harvey's actions are more inline with actions people should mirror, not Batman's like the Batman imposters we see in the beginning.

If this doesn't clear up why the end makes sense then I don't know what to tell you. But to say this doesn't follow the conventions of dramatic writing is nonsense. The movie clearly has Act I, Act II Pt. 1, Act II Pt. 2, and Act 3, not in the traditional Hollywood sense necessarely but in EPIC writing sense it's definitely there.

Last edited by JFamis; 08-02-2008 at 04:13 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #843
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 Solidus said:
2face is not dead

If his neck breaks, which k!lls Harvey, it will k!ll Two-Face too.
 08-02-2008, 11:07 AM         #844
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JFamis said:
The movie did have an end!!! If you remember "Batman Begins," Bruce Wayne wanted to create Batman as a symbol to inspire the people of Gotham that there is hope. Now we are seeing the turnaround of Gotham. He doesn't plan on being Batman forever, but of course we all know that he always will be. In screenwriting this is what is called putting the audience in a superior position.

Now enter part 2. The mob is losing control because Batman has inspired people over the last year to do more. Cops are starting to realize they don't have to succumb to the level of criminals. However, new threats are starting to arise. The idea of escalation that is introduced in the end of Begins. Escalation is introduced through the Joker, a new breed of villain who doesn't care about the same type of things that the mob does.

Meanwhile, Harvey Dent is rising through the ranks and cleaning up the city. Dent is a better kind of role model for the city than Batman because he doesn't wear a mask and stop villains using combat. He does it with smarts. He is the kind of leader that Bruce Wayne wanted to inspire. The kind of leader the city needs. He's also the kind of idealist that people like The Joker and Maroni despise. There plan is to take him down. At the end of the first part of the second act Dent is put in a life changing situation, as we know, and his girlfriend is k!lled. At the end of the second part of the second act, we approach the climax. Joker visits him in the hospital and gives him the "push" that is needed to turn him to evil. Then he goes on a rampage and k!lls 5 people.

In the end, he is what is considered a tragic hero. Which is the reason he tells the story of Caesar in the beginning. His story arc is a Greek tragedy. If you read about Aristotle's theories on tragedy then maybe the end will make more sense to you. Instead of him being victorious against the Joker, he fails, because he succumbs to his flaw. Though he intends to do good, he is human, and can be broken. We see this when he is pistol whipping the guy in the alley. In the end he serves his purpose though because he put away 549 criminals and his image is untainted thanks to Batman. And Batman is still completing his mission by establishing the symbol Gotham needs to rise above the crime that corrupts their police force and their city. Even though they look at Batman as bad, it is for the good because Harvey's actions are more inline with actions people should mirror, not Batman's like the Batman imposters we see in the beginning.

If this doesn't clear up why the end makes sense then I don't know what to tell you. But to say this doesn't follow the conventions of dramatic writing is nonsense. The movie clearly has Act I, Act II Pt. 1, Act II Pt. 2, and Act 3, not in the traditional Hollywood sense necessarely but in EPIC writing sense it's definitely there.
u cant explain it any better. if they dont understand it by now either theyre slow or they dont want to understand and just want to criticize cause they think theyre smarter than Nolan, in which theyre not.
 9 years ago '04        #845
Don Savant|S 3 heat pts
space
space
$21,517 | Props total: 17 17
again i ask...why do people get so bent out of shape over things that have no direct effect on your lives. it's entertainment...if you want it done better, go out and do something on your own..see how your critics like your version.
 9 years ago '08        #846
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 JFamis said:

If his neck breaks, which k!lls Harvey, it will k!ll Two-Face too.
Two face is NOT dead nor can you consider him alive. They left it ambiguous.

LOL @ you following that "script". You've heard of movie studios releasing fake ish on purpose, right?

edit:

He's still alive

9 years ago '07        #847
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
 billieskeet said:
u cant explain it any better. if they dont understand it by now either theyre slow or they dont want to understand and just want to criticize cause they think theyre smarter than Nolan, in which theyre not.
not trying to be an a**hole... nolan brothers should be inserted there
 9 years ago '04        #848
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 KarteL13 said:
Two face is NOT dead nor can you consider him alive. They left it ambiguous.

LOL @ you following that "script". You've heard of movie studios releasing fake ish on purpose, right?

edit:

He's still alive

Studios put bullsh*t on the Internet, not in the stores. That script is in the production book they sell at the store. That link you keep providing is fake. It's from WENN which is practically a tabloid style site.They are making up quotes to get people's attention cuz everyone is so enthralled in Batman right now they're banking off reporting fake Internet news.

And before you tell me how Hollywood works, maybe you should check some of my backposts smart guy. I know the publicity game better than probably anyone on here.
 9 years ago '04        #849
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 stitch said:
n*gga please.

He let Harvey Dent take the blame for being Batman just fine.

It doesn't make any got damn sense for Batman to take the blame for murders. Everybody already knows Batman doesn't k!ll, for one.

Two: How is he supposed to coordinate with Gordon now?

If Gordon needs Batman, what's he supposed to do? He destroyed the Bat-Signal.

There are thousands (if not millions) of reasons why Batman taking the fall for Harvey's murders is not only insulting the intelligence of the viewer... But got damnit it's just so fuccing retarded.
when dumb n1ggas trying to watch comic book movies goes wrong...smh

street_dreamin said:
i gotta agree, batman been going around gotham fu*king bad guys up and now all of a sudden he's a fu*king bad guy, sh*t doesnt make any sense...and plus they act like crime in gotham is off the chain, sh*t looks pretty decent to me, go down to jersey city or newark and tell me if that looks like gotham
again...dumb n1ggas trying to watch ELABORATE comic book movies...not a good combo

have you idiots ever read or seen ANYTHING batman related? since when has gotham city, LOVED batman? even before the "murder" of harvey dent, he was widely seen as a CRIMINAL, a vigilante and a trouble maker...this is not a NEW CONCEPT to the super hero dogma, same sh1t happens to spider man...he shows up to kick doc ocks a.ss, and now the papers print that they are in "cahoots" with each other

he took the blame, because he was already a scapegoat, no need to k!ll what little hope gotham city had left, in somebody who is a marytr, it's like dr. kings people acting as if the man was a saint, for the sake of the people, more good is done by raising the positives and blocking the negatives of someone who can INSPIRED GOOD in people

harvey dent, is gothams inspiration to do GOOD, the kind of person that INSPIRES CRIMINALS to not blow up a boat full of people just because they don't want to die...that kind of change spreads to everywhere, not just whatever street batman happens to be f!ghting crime on that night, it would be counter productive to tell the truth about what havey dent became

besides, one thing most people haven't mentioned, aside from the moral angle is the fact that if harvey were exposed as a criminal, which he would be had batman not taken action, EVERYBODY THAT HE LOCKED UP AS DA, WOULD BE RIGHT BACK ON THE STREETS, he actually made his job less hard by keeping the ones locked up, LOCKED THE FUCCK UP

he can make his moves without gordan, and the public has always seen him as some sort of a criminal anyway, it was the only way to not undo the huge that dent made with the people and with the criminal underground

PAY ATTENTION

hopefully now that he and gordan can't communicate freely, more time will be spent on showing the DETECTIVE side of batman, he has to do his own homework now, perfect opportunity to include one of the few details that nolan skimped out on from the source material

Last edited by sunzoo; 08-02-2008 at 01:41 PM..
 08-02-2008, 01:55 PM         #850
xtrapimpin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gordon and the Mayor both know Harvey Dent k!lled all those people, not Batman

They talked about it in the Mayors office, with the Mayor saying "how long can you keep this quiet?" or something like that.

So the 2 most important people to getting Batman off the hook for it know he's innocent.

You might not agree with the ending, but they got it covered if you paid attention, and it's in line with Nolan's version of who Batman is.

And if you listened to any of the dialogue, alot of the characters said things through the entire movie like "it's darkest before the dawn", "things get worse before they get better", or "you die a hero of live long enough to see yourself become he villain"
So guess what happened at the end???
 08-02-2008, 02:01 PM         #851
xtrapimpin  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In case you don't know what happened at the end SPOILER

Batman lived long enough to see himself become the villain(at least for a little while), and things got darker before they got better.

The only light was that the people on the ferry didn't k!ll each other, and the city doesn't know about Dent just yet.
 9 years ago '04        #852
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,231 | Props total: 3010 3010
 stitch said:

"Go ahead. Say it was me. Make things a trillion times more difficult for me. Not only does this mean that nobody else is going to be able to really count on me to save them - THEY THINK I'M A COLD BLOODED murderER."

Every cop seeking to make a name for themself is gonna go to any length to unmask Batman now.
and every thief will be terrified. Like Eric Roberts character said to him.(before his leg was shattered)....the criminals of the city arent afraid of him they know what it is that he cant bring himself to do....If word gets out that he k!lled two-face. Theyd fear him again.

sure it wont help his situation with the cops but eh
 9 years ago '07        #853
Prospect Boy 
space
space
$1,717 | Props total: 115 115
I finally saw this movie last night, and man it was throwed. Heath Ledger k!lled it. Dude can really act his a.ss off. His Joker was way better than Jack's. He brought an element of psychopath, and comedy. Great performance by him. I had a few problems though. One was Batman's voice. It was terrible and annoying. Also the hand to hand combat could have been better in my opinion. There was very solid acting in the movie. Two Face's character was good, but I kinda felt like it was rushed. Overall a great movie, I plan on going to see it again. 9/10.
 08-03-2008, 02:20 PM         #854
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This movie is too long and it is edited too much

one minute Joker appears and then he disappears and then appears again

then he has bombs in a hospital and then has bombs in boats, they never show where he stays or sleeps.

The movie also has Batman frontin hard, the dude talks like Batman even in front of Morgan Freeman.....WHO ALREADY SEEN HIM AS BRUCE talking normal, fu*k is the point of that?, their is no need to be Batman in his face Morgan knows who you are, he made you're fu*king costume f*g**t!, cut the act in front of him you mom slapping f*g**t.

The whole Gordon FAKE Chasing Batman routine makes sense, he could do that as Batman k!lls off the real bad guys and say "oh he got away damn..." but perhaps the next movie will not even be a sequel to this one storywise.

Overall a good movie because "stuff kept happening" and the Dramatic Score helped, next one needs to be 1:15 minutes long with more More Batman and less other people around him sh*t like in this Movie.

Last edited by DA DOPEMAN; 08-03-2008 at 02:23 PM..
 08-03-2008, 02:27 PM         #855
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
BTW, christian bale was horrible in this. Dude is such a wonderful actor but what was christopher nolan thinking when he had him speaking as batman. It was the only sour spot in this brilliant movie.
:applause: Cosign

He was frontin too much, trying soo hard and sh*t

Maybe he is getting ready for SNAKE IN METAL GEAR SOLID MOVIE?
 9 years ago '05        #856
darick 
space
space
space
$387 | Props total: 319 319
Easy answer...now follow me... the joker would say no i didnt do it but would claim the other chaos he caused. therefore why would he lie about the 2 or 3 people Harv k!lled.

Also remeber the death of The Waynes inspired the people of Gothm to f!ght for thier city(first movie reference, that's why the league of shadows was pissed) . this is why they needed the "hero" harv dent. To inspire change(die a hero...).

That's why he had to take the fall for harv. The people needed a hero that can walk in the light. Batman cant be that hero. The had become to dependent on him and his vigilante style. if they wanted order restored, batman cant exist. batman is a symbol of the fear that has taken over the night. think about it.. sh*t got so bad, a rich dude had to spend millions dressin up like a giant bat and kick a.ss in the middle of the night. for sh*t to get better , batman will have to be eliminated along with the crime he's trying to stop(...live long enough to see yourself become a villain) .

That's why it's one of the dopest movie of the last 10 years.
 08-03-2008, 02:41 PM         #857
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It was retarded........BUT HE HAD NO CHOICE, the people can't know what Dent turned out to be......THE JOKER CAN'T WIN.
 08-03-2008, 03:29 PM         #858
TValles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im sorry but i didn't count 5 people k!lled, it seemed a little bit higher than that
 08-03-2008, 03:53 PM         #859
lyricallyblind  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe they want to wait until the sequel to come out than they'll explain what happens next DUH!!:banghead::banghead::applause:
 08-03-2008, 05:46 PM         #860
dresnoop60  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just saw this again

one of the best movies ever.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago