The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #761
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 greatone413 said:
I have been reading everyone post and comments and I must say everyone's comments gave me new view of the movie. :applause: so much so that i'm going to go and check it out again this week just to actually see some of your points and views.

I have one question though, could some one explain Scarecrow's role in this movie. I saw him in the movie but was he part of the criminal activity or was he one of the guys the were trying to help Batman? And also what was the actual point of him even being in the movie at all if it was for such a short peroid of time with no significant role?

Enlighten me please.
It was to tie up loose ends from the last movie. In the end, Rachel hits him with a taser and he takes off and that's the last we see of him.

It was also to show how Batman had criminals running and how Scarecrow had been reduced to a drug dealer as a result of it.
 9 years ago '05        #762
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,892 | Props total: 8413 8413
 JFamis said:
It was to tie up loose ends from the last movie. In the end, Rachel hits him with a taser and he takes off and that's the last we see of him.

It was also to show how Batman had criminals running and how Scarecrow had been reduced to a drug dealer as a result of it.
thanks for clearing that up, i watched the movie a couple of times and couldnt figure out what side scarecrow was on
 9 years ago '05        #763
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,204 | Props total: 11808 11808
 bootsy said:
No because Heath is in makeup, ugly and in a different voice. This is not Heath that was in Knights Tale or 10 Things. I don't think women are gonna come out in droves for Heath looking unglamourous.
It was chicks cheering in the theatre when this man came on the screen. Taking Pictures...............Wit a digital camera..................Of the dam screen my n*gga. Women is on it
 9 years ago '08        #764
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 BurninLz said:
in both batman begins and the dark knight, but dark knight especially, the scores really make the movie.

Anyone who knows anything about movie scores knows James newton Howard and hans zimmer are the sh*t

I was sittin in the movie thinkjn damn this score a so dark and intense and perfect for this movie.

I copped the soundtrack for sampling perhaps, each character in the movie had their own distinct mood and sound in the score and they used sum realllly dark and Ill sounding instruments and sounds.

Major props to hans zimmer and James newton Howard
Yep, the music was on point. The same people that did both batmans did the prestige as well. And I thought the Prestige's theme and music were on point too.

The Joker's theme was in batman begins as well. Its very short though. You hear it when scarecrow and the head mob guy were talking about taking out rachel.
 9 years ago '08        #765
KarteL13 
space
space
space
BTW, christian bale was horrible in this. Dude is such a wonderful actor but what was christopher nolan thinking when he had him speaking as batman. It was the only sour spot in this brilliant movie.
 9 years ago '06        #766
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
i saw it again at the theater and it was pretty dam good.
first time i saw it online and the quality was mediocre but watchable.
 9 years ago '04        #767
big jeffrey 
space
space
$2,387 | Props total: 359 359
ok for people who have seen it in imax and regular theatres, are their diff. scenes in both?
 9 years ago '05        #768
space
space
 KarteL13 said:
BTW, christian bale was horrible in this. Dude is such a wonderful actor but what was christopher nolan thinking when he had him speaking as batman. It was the only sour spot in this brilliant movie.
i dont think bale was horrible in this, i thought he was very good. but like you said when he was talking like batman i wanted to cover my ears it sounded so bad. that was the only part of his performance i didnt enjoy
 9 years ago '08        #769
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
i dont think bale was horrible in this, i thought he was very good. but like you said when he was talking like batman i wanted to cover my ears it sounded so bad. that was the only part of his performance i didnt enjoy
the part where he was talking to the joker at the end was dreadful. I couldn't bare to listen.

Nothing wrong with Bale when he's bruce wayne though. But him as batman was just wrong.
 9 years ago '06        #770
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,991 | Props total: 4027 4027
 Manny05 said:
i saw it again at the theater and it was pretty dam good.
first time i saw it online and the quality was mediocre but watchable.
God just SMH'd.
 9 years ago '04        #771
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 famoussasjohn said:
i cant wait to see this in imax. im trying to wait until it dies down a bit to actually go, i saw it twice but i want to see it in imax i heard it was amazing.
Its a whole different ball game. Tickets were like 13 bucks, but it was worth every penny. Joker on 6-story screen>

9 years ago '04        #772
{XtoDaZ} 
space
space
$4,241 | Props total: 555 555
 RnBsupastar09 said:
IM SORRY BUT THE DARK KNIGHT SUCKED a.ssS. Seriously, I really didn't like it. I wasted damn $18 on that wack a.ss movie. It was just flat out boring and stupid seriously. I don't understand why its such a big hit. SPiderman3 and Superman is WAYYYY better than this sh*t!
says the putz who openly admits to masturbating in his school's bathroom
 9 years ago '05        #773
space
space
 hockeythug said:
Its a whole different ball game. Tickets were like 13 bucks, but it was worth every penny. Joker on 6-story screen>

man i went to imax last monday and they told me they were sold out till friday. i wasnt down for making the drive again
 9 years ago '04        #774
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 Storchaveli said:
God just SMH'd.
 9 years ago '04        #775
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 KarteL13 said:
I've said it before, and I will say it again.

You all know Batman's voice is supposed to sound like a bad impression of Dirty Harry!!!

I've even read a comic where it describes his voice sounding like shard of glass are cutting his throat with every word.
 07-29-2008, 12:29 PM         #776
Tattered_Hoody  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dj_60_2000 said:
Ebert suggested this. Does anyone else think that Harvey Dent may have suffered brain damage when he was burned? That could've have caused his behavior as well as being fed up.
He doesn't feel the pain because he is crazy due to the loss of his love, Rachel. That's why he refuses the medicine and skin graphs and that's why he can flip over in a car or fall a couple stories and STILL LIVE.

Yes, people, TWO FACE is NOT DEAD. HARVEY DENT is dead....
 07-29-2008, 12:30 PM         #777
Tattered_Hoody  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JFamis said:
I've said it before, and I will say it again.

You all know Batman's voice is supposed to sound like a bad impression of Dirty Harry!!!

I've even read a comic where it describes his voice sounding like shard of glass are cutting his throat with every word.
word. If he sounded like Bruce Wayne, people would be like "Dude, you sound just like Bruce Wayne"....

And if he DIDN'T Sound different, people in here would complain as well... thats just how the boxden do baby ;)
 07-29-2008, 12:34 PM         #778
Tattered_Hoody  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
The threadstarter doesn't seem to get this.

Harvey Dent's reputation as 'uncorruptable' was preserved & so not only was none of his work was undone, but he was going to live on as a symbol of hope & change.

The world needs seemingly infallible symbols. Be it Jesus Christ, Nelson Mandela or Harvey Dent. :D

And combined with the fact that the citizens of Gotham - both Joe Public & the criminals - had chosen not to place themselves ahead of others, Nolan provided a pretty clear indication that things had gotten better & were on the path to get better still.

The Joker was right about some things but in the end he is too crazy to be a reliable judge of the normal person; of course, he's just crazy enough to have a pretty good handle on Batman though.

The people of Gotham are gonna freak when they find out Two Face is still lurking around.... ;)
 9 years ago '04        #779
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
If Two-Face lived and was meant to be in the next one then why didn't WB have Eckhart sign a two-film deal like they made Bale, Caine, Freeman, and Oldman sign a 3 film deal???
 07-29-2008, 12:48 PM         #780
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats your take on this foolishness?......DARK KNIGHT WACKOS.....

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy