The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
 111
Image(s) inside Damn! Tina Fey Is Getting Thick
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 76
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
79 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 61
Video inside Lil Tay’s family is coaching her to say the N word.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #741
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 1116 1116
 bootsy said:
It's gonna have to have strong staying power to get even close to Titanic. The thing about Titanic is that it started slow and picked up steam and women and teenage girls went to go see it 4-5 times. I mean there would nothing that would make me happier than TDK beating Titanic but right now I don't see it.
and women and teenage girls rnt gonna do the same with this movie?

lotta girls dont even no heath wuz in this movie..

and i bet 7 outta 10 girls got stiff t*tties for heath ledger

i bet this movie will beat titanic
 10 years ago '04        #742
kc10785 
space
avatar space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 183 183
One Of the Best Villains i have seen in a long time in a movies. I love the sick and twisted Joker gave the story line so much extra

Worst part of the movie in my eyes was the two face thing at first i got hype like yes Two face is in here then i got tired of his terminator looking a.ss.Didn't play the role well.Im glad he's not playing in the next movie.

Movie of the year "I Got a Magic trick for yall watch me make this disappear" lmao
 10 years ago '08        #743
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 3551 3551
 BurninLz said:
and women and teenage girls rnt gonna do the same with this movie?

lotta girls dont even no heath wuz in this movie..

and i bet 7 outta 10 girls got stiff t*tties for heath ledger

i bet this movie will beat titanic
You right though. Alot of women went to see it just because of Ledger....
 10 years ago '05        #744
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 1116 1116
"Gimme one good reason why i shuldnt have my boy cut off your head?!"




"How bout a magic trick!"

 10 years ago '04        #745
kc10785 
space
avatar space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 183 183
 BurninLz said:
"Gimme one good reason why i shuldnt have my boy cut off your head?!"




"How bout a magic trick!"

That one part had me dying laughing cuz after that happen all the crooks in the room was like WTF
 10 years ago '05        #746
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 1116 1116
in both batman begins and the dark knight, but dark knight especially, the scores really make the movie.

Anyone who knows anything about movie scores knows James newton Howard and hans zimmer are the sh*t

I was sittin in the movie thinkjn damn this score a so dark and intense and perfect for this movie.

I copped the soundtrack for sampling perhaps, each character in the movie had their own distinct mood and sound in the score and they used sum realllly dark and Ill sounding instruments and sounds.

Major props to hans zimmer and James newton Howard
 10 years ago '05        #747
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,869 | Props total: 681 681
 BurninLz said:
and women and teenage girls rnt gonna do the same with this movie?

lotta girls dont even no heath wuz in this movie..

and i bet 7 outta 10 girls got stiff t*tties for heath ledger

i bet this movie will beat titanic
No because Heath is in makeup, ugly and in a different voice. This is not Heath that was in Knights Tale or 10 Things. I don't think women are gonna come out in droves for Heath looking unglamourous.
 10 years ago '08        #748
RnBsupastar09 
space
space
space
$744 | Props total: 0 0
IM SORRY BUT THE DARK KNIGHT SUCKED a.ssS. Seriously, I really didn't like it. I wasted damn $18 on that wack a.ss movie. It was just flat out boring and stupid seriously. I don't understand why its such a big hit. SPiderman3 and Superman is WAYYYY better than this sh*t!
 10 years ago '04        #749
psylence2k 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$13,034 | Props total: 2259 2259
 BurninLz said:
to me it seemed like rachels death wasn't even an emphasized thing in the script. It seems like they didn't even play into the mourning process of her with any of the characters.


They shulda kept katie holmes too IMO
Yea, i felt more emphasis on gordon's fake death than rachel's actual death, and yes katie holmes definetely shouldve chose to stayed on board, im sure she may regret it now.
 10 years ago '04        #750
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 848 848
Went and saw it again on IMAX this time. Straight bad a.ss.
 10 years ago '04        #751
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$9,706 | Props total: 194 194
 RnBsupastar09 said:
IM SORRY BUT THE DARK KNIGHT SUCKED a.ssS. Seriously, I really didn't like it. I wasted damn $18 on that wack a.ss movie. It was just flat out boring and stupid seriously. I don't understand why its such a big hit. SPiderman3 and Superman is WAYYYY better than this sh*t!


the same spiderman 3 movie that had an emo peter parker?

the dark knight>>> spiderman and superman together.
 10 years ago '04        #752
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$9,706 | Props total: 194 194
 hockeythug said:
Went and saw it again on IMAX this time. Straight bad a.ss.
i cant wait to see this in imax. im trying to wait until it dies down a bit to actually go, i saw it twice but i want to see it in imax i heard it was amazing.
 10 years ago '06        #753
dj_60_2000 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$803 | Props total: 727 727
Ebert suggested this. Does anyone else think that Harvey Dent may have suffered brain damage when he was burned? That could've have caused his behavior as well as being fed up.
 10 years ago '05        #754
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$10,400 | Props total: 1116 1116
 bootsy said:
No because Heath is in makeup, ugly and in a different voice. This is not Heath that was in Knights Tale or 10 Things. I don't think women are gonna come out in droves for Heath looking unglamourous.
lol it's not about wut he looks like. Girls are gonna be drawn to this movie bcuz it's their last chance to see sum1 they love and idolize. Not only is it his last major performance, it's arguably his best performance EVER.

Trust me, I doubt women care he's wearing makeup in the movie
 10 years ago '07        #755
dionedre3000 
space
avatar space
space
$9,070 | Props total: 923 923
 BurninLz said:
in both batman begins and the dark knight, but dark knight especially, the scores really make the movie.

Anyone who knows anything about movie scores knows James newton Howard and hans zimmer are the sh*t

I was sittin in the movie thinkjn damn this score a so dark and intense and perfect for this movie.

I copped the soundtrack for sampling perhaps, each character in the movie had their own distinct mood and sound in the score and they used sum realllly dark and Ill sounding instruments and sounds.

Major props to hans zimmer and James newton Howard

The jokers music and backround play was sick and twisted. Love that sh*t
 10 years ago '07        #756
dionedre3000 
space
avatar space
space
$9,070 | Props total: 923 923
 dj_60_2000 said:
Ebert suggested this. Does anyone else think that Harvey Dent may have suffered brain damage when he was burned? That could've have caused his behavior as well as being fed up.
I don't think so. I think he reached his breaking point and never came down.
 10 years ago '05        #757
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,869 | Props total: 681 681
 BurninLz said:
lol it's not about wut he looks like. Girls are gonna be drawn to this movie bcuz it's their last chance to see sum1 they love and idolize. Not only is it his last major performance, it's arguably his best performance EVER.

Trust me, I doubt women care he's wearing makeup in the movie
OK dude, TDK IS NOT going to break Titanic's record. Period. As I mentioned, women and teenage girls went to see Titanic 4,5 in some case 9-10 times. They aren't going to do that with Heath Ledger.

In addition, Titanic was number for about 15 straight weeks because there was little to no competition during it's run. It came out in December and as we all know January, February, and March are terrible months for movies especially back then.

Also Titanic increased it's box office numbers from week 1 to 2, 4 to 5, 5 to 6, 10 to 11 and those other weeks had very minimal decreases. You don't know what you are talking about so STOP while you're ahead.

Titanic was a very rare breed of movie. TDK is not going to have that deep of a run unless they rerelease it or something like that.


Last edited by bootsy; 07-28-2008 at 08:12 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #758
JFamis 236 heat pts236
space
avatar space
space
$17,113 | Props total: 4589 4589
 bootsy said:
OK dude, TDK IS NOT going to break Titanic's record. Period. As I mentioned, women and teenage girls went to see Titanic 4,5 in some case 9-10 times. They aren't going to do that with Heath Ledger.

In addition, Titanic was number for about 15 straight weeks because there was little to no competition during it's run. It came out in December and as we all know January, February, and March are terrible months for movies especially back then.

Also Titanic increased it's box office numbers from week 1 to 2, 4 to 5, 5 to 6, 10 to 11 and those other weeks had very minimal decreases. You don't know what you are talking about so STOP while you're ahead.

Titanic was a very rare breed of movie. TDK is not going to have that deep of a run unless they rerelease it or something like that.
The Dark Knight won't beat Titanic's worldwide numbers, but it's possible it will top its domestic take. The reason is that it's not following conventional box office tracking. Though I doubt it will, it is possible. One reason is the fact that it's the biggest cultural phenomenon there has been since Titanic. And sure, Titanic had females going to see it several times... but I know males who have already gone 3-4 times and plan to go again.

Have you looked at all the releases coming in August and September??? Mummy 3 has the highest chances of making bank and it's likely only going to make around $120M. Tropic Thunder could crack $100M, it could even crack $150M, but chances are slim. That Star Wars cartoon likely won't do a lot, sales will be strong but not on par with other Star Wars. And Pineapple Express probably won't do much more than $80M, if close to that, being a stoner comedy.

So... there's a lot of open business for Dark Knight to reap the benefits of a lame end of summer. Will it do it? Chances are slim... but it will probably crack $500M. But I'd never say never, especially not when this movie has been breaking records like it has.

I remember when media analysts were projecting it to make $75M opening weekend and $105M was one of the biggest projections I saw so... Anything is possible.
 10 years ago '04        #759
JFamis 236 heat pts236
space
avatar space
space
$17,113 | Props total: 4589 4589
I just did some math... If The Dark Knight follows Iron Man's box office trend from day 10 on, taking the exact same percentage drops every day, it will finish at $556,350,000.
 10 years ago '05        #760
greatone413 
space
avatar space
space
$151 | Props total: 0 0
I have been reading everyone post and comments and I must say everyone's comments gave me new view of the movie. :applause: so much so that i'm going to go and check it out again this week just to actually see some of your points and views.

I have one question though, could some one explain Scarecrow's role in this movie. I saw him in the movie but was he part of the criminal activity or was he one of the guys the were trying to help Batman? And also what was the actual point of him even being in the movie at all if it was for such a short peroid of time with no significant role?

Enlighten me please.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside Mother of Three
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
65 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
May 20 - gas is now $3 a gallon on average
119 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
DJ Akademiks bullies 9 year old into apologizing
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside New Air Jordan 10 Inspired by Russell Westbrook's High School Days
9 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside So while I was high. (still am...) I discovered a game called Gravity R..
26 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside I’ll take “things a brotha wouldn’t do” for $200 Alex
159 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Deadpool 2 chokes at the Box Office. Underperming at 125 mil
163 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy