The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinxs Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #701
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
That sh*t was kinda funny
 9 years ago '06        #702
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
"Are you speaking bat... is that what bats sound like"
 9 years ago '05        #703
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
i just saw the movie again and the first time i saw it i didnt even notice the IMAX sequences were diff from the rest of the movie i was so entrenched.

The city scenes and chase scenes and a few others that were recorded with the IMAX cameras were full screen and the rest of the movie had the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen, i cant believe i didnt notice that the first 2 times..

I did say to myself cuz i was blazed outta my mind, that in the very opening scene of the movie that it seemed like u were floating over the city which i guess was a byproduct of the IMAX.

As far as the Edward Nigma nameplate rumor in IMAX, i DEFF didnt see it and iv seen the movie 3 times.

some interesting tid bits i noticed lol..

In the bank robbery scene you know joker was counting dudes shotgun shots, and the other guy asked him "is he out?" and heath just like nods his head lmao knowing hes got one shot left and the dude stands up and gets shot haha

When batman first goes into the building at the end with the clowns and joker and rite b4 he says sumthing to Fox about the sonar sh*t, batman says sumthing.. it sounds like he says "I need ledger", and fox says sumthing like hes on the top floor. Maybe i was just hearing things..

The biggest thing i noticed was the throwing around of the title "The Boss"..

in the bank robbery scene the guys are talking about "the boss" this "the boss" that. They said sumthing like the boss told me to k!ll so and so.. They were talking about the boss, and then they started talking about the guy who set up the job.. (the joker).. 2 seperate ppl.

ALSO, when the fat man with the bomb in his chest gets thrown in the cage, he eventually says sumthing like "THe BOSS said hed make the voices go away and replace it with bright lights or sumthing like that"... he culdnt of been referring to Joker bcuz he was standing right next to him..

So my question is.. WHOS the boss?

possibly gna be answered in the next one?
 07-26-2008, 05:55 PM         #704
~WB~HStL~  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.....some man just wanna watch the world burn.

movie = perfection at its finest (top10 of all time)
 07-26-2008, 06:03 PM         #705
mblock  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*punches*
 9 years ago '05        #706
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
LOL another thing I noticed in the street scene where the mayors talking and eventually the joker tries to shoot him, there's a wide shot of the cops hlding their guns in front of the podium and u can see heath standing there at attention with a hilarious look on his face LOL

I was wondering to myself how none ofbthe other cops noticed dude standing there with huge scars on his face

Last edited by BurninLz; 07-26-2008 at 07:15 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #707
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
hahaha wow
 07-26-2008, 07:33 PM         #708
frankiej  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BurninLz said:
this movie was so well made..

what i found interesting was that the joker was exactly what he said he was.. a man of his word.

he was right.. about EVERYTHING. everything except the details that pertained to HIS life and background and what made him what he is..

think about it..

he was right about:

-To the mobsters, the real problem was batman and he needed to be k!lled.. (they didnt listen and look what happened)

-He set out to proove that deep down everyone can be like himn and if you add a little anarchy everyone can k!ll, hence saying he will blow up a hospital unless sum1 k!lls that snitch guy.. And what do you know, ppl try and k!ll the guy.

-The one mobster guy said his goons will never work for the joker, and he said "maybe we shuld chop u up in little pieces and feed u to ur pooches and we will see how loyal a hungry dog really is".. and whatya no, he was right.. goons will work for whoever has the money, i.e. joker and they worked for him.

-To batman, he said the only way to have order in gotham was to turn himself in, and thats really what it took. But batman decided against it.

-He also said, eventually everyone will hate batman and he'll be thought of as a freak, and whatya know.. he was right.

He was right about every one he threatened and ended up k!lling..

He was right about everyone BUT him wanting nothing but money..

He was right about batman not being able to k!ll him..

He was right about harvey, he knew he'd change.. He coaxed harveys evil side in the hospital (talking to his fu*ked up side of his face after he had talked to his other side)

He was right about batman, he knew hed try and save rachel thats why he switched the adresses..

He was right about the crooked cops..

He was on point with successfully pulling off not only a rediculously smoooth bank robbery, but rigging and k!lling ppl with bombs and what not.

I could go on for days.. but the other side of this is the fact he was right about EVERYTHING, EXCEEEPT for the details pertaining to him..

Hence him giving 3 different stories as to why he had scars on his face..

and also why he would answer strangely when the guy called him crazy.. he was like "no...... im nott"

his early life must have been so traumatizing that he wants to see the world burn and he is hesitant to even discuss his past hence why he lies about it.

Ppl must think this had a happy ending, but in a sense the joker won..

He survived, and he undid everything harvey, the savior of gotham had done.. Now the state of gotham is still in disarray if not worse than b4.

The joker got the best of batman and won.

the screenwriters of this film deserve every award possible
he didnt undo everything harvey did..because batman took the fall fo those 5 murders harvey committed so that his work imprisoning all those guys would not go to waste because if he did undo harveys work they would be released.

batman told the detective to say hed take the fall.cuz he was "being the hero gotham needed". and he preserved the integrity of harvey thus making him the so called hero at the end of this movie
 9 years ago '04        #709
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,763 | Props total: 6171 6171
this one is def fukin funny...the one u posted is fukin retarted and not funny

9 years ago '07        #710
C Nugget 
space
space
$1,563 | Props total: 15 15
 mblock said:

lmao cant stop laughing at this sh*t

"I don't even know if that was a question or a declarative statement."

"I think you may have a very severe case of throat cancer."

"Enunciate, enunciate."

9 years ago '05        #711
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 frankiej said:
he didnt undo everything harvey did..because batman took the fall fo those 5 murders harvey committed so that his work imprisoning all those guys would not go to waste because if he did undo harveys work they would be released.

batman told the detective to say hed take the fall.cuz he was "being the hero gotham needed". and he preserved the integrity of harvey thus making him the so called hero at the end of this movie
The threadstarter doesn't seem to get this.

Harvey Dent's reputation as 'uncorruptable' was preserved & so not only was none of his work was undone, but he was going to live on as a symbol of hope & change.

The world needs seemingly infallible symbols. Be it Jesus Christ, Nelson Mandela or Harvey Dent. :D

And combined with the fact that the citizens of Gotham - both Joe Public & the criminals - had chosen not to place themselves ahead of others, Nolan provided a pretty clear indication that things had gotten better & were on the path to get better still.

The Joker was right about some things but in the end he is too crazy to be a reliable judge of the normal person; of course, he's just crazy enough to have a pretty good handle on Batman though.
 9 years ago '05        #712
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
how can we possibly know gotham is on it's way towards good.? When we r already looking forward to the next movie with a new villain who could possibly and most likely will terrorize Gotham more than the joker and k!ll more PPl than joker?

We have no idea what the state of Gotham is and what it's gonna be. U say harveys deeds haven't been undone but all I no is Gotham no longer has the hero with a face it needs and the DA spot is vacant, open for more corruption to step in.

And by the way u don't even no harveys dead so u can't say he died the hero
 9 years ago '07        #713
infrared AJ6 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 3277 3277
 BurninLz said:

some interesting tid bits i noticed lol..

In the bank robbery scene you know joker was counting dudes shotgun shots, and the other guy asked him "is he out?" and heath just like nods his head lmao knowing hes got one shot left and the dude stands up and gets shot haha
that part was funny and pretty blatant. nothing that needed 3 viewings to notice.

BurninLz said:
The biggest thing i noticed was the throwing around of the title "The Boss"..

in the bank robbery scene the guys are talking about "the boss" this "the boss" that. They said sumthing like the boss told me to k!ll so and so.. They were talking about the boss, and then they started talking about the guy who set up the job.. (the joker).. 2 seperate ppl.

ALSO, when the fat man with the bomb in his chest gets thrown in the cage, he eventually says sumthing like "THe BOSS said hed make the voices go away and replace it with bright lights or sumthing like that"... he culdnt of been referring to Joker bcuz he was standing right next to him..

So my question is.. WHOS the boss?

possibly gna be answered in the next one?
joker was the boss in both instances. for the bank robbery, joker wore a mask so they didnt know he was there with them. for the fat man, joker could have easily wore a mask to perform the cell phone insertion operation lol.
 9 years ago '05        #714
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 BurninLz said:
how can we possibly know gotham is on it's way towards good.? When we r already looking forward to the next movie with a new villain who could possibly and most likely will terrorize Gotham more than the joker and k!ll more PPl than joker?

We have no idea what the state of Gotham is and what it's gonna be. U say harveys deeds haven't been undone but all I no is Gotham no longer has the hero with a face it needs and the DA spot is vacant, open for more corruption to step in.

And by the way u don't even no harveys dead so u can't say he died the hero
When Harvey has the press conference, the people are scared. The cops are scared. Scared to die. And when the Joker puts the guy's life against the hospital, people are willing to turn on the guy.
By the end of the film, people are still scared. Still scared to die. But they don't turn on one another. Because they choose not to let fear turn them into something hideous & not to give into terrorist demands.

It's a clear illustration of a change in the people.

You're not meant to be looking at the film as, "OMG it can't get better because Nolan's going to introduce a worse villain, because that's what film franchises call for!". Nolan doesn't exist in the film. The film franchise doesn't exist in the film. The film itself doesn't exist. You think we're supposed to think Batman knows he's in a film? This isn't the Last Action Hero.

And if & when someone worse is introduced, he'll simply be trying to derail a city being steered to the path of good. Just as the Joker derailed this one. And it is often to be supposed that time has passed in between instalments of a film series, you know.

Gotham DOES have the face - he is Harvey Dent. The undeniably righteous, uncorrupted man who stood toe-to-toe with "the bad guys" & instead of being bought off or k!lled, he cuffed them, got them convicted & saw them put in jail. How is that not a hero? How is that not THE classic hero?

If Batman & Gordon both missed the fact that Two-Face was alive - they're pretty stupid. And I don't think Nolan's going for campness.
Note that I called him Two-Face. Harvey Dent was essentially dead when Two-Face emerged. The Harvey Dent the people of Gotham knew, the Harvey Dent they NEEDED, was a HERO. And he died as a hero. He couldn't have died any other way, because Gotham couldn't survive him dying a villain. Hence why Batman shouldered the blame & Gordon even accepted to go along with the lie. It simply couldn't go any other way.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 07-26-2008 at 09:28 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #715
space
space
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
When Harvey has the press conference, the people are scared. The cops are scared. Scared to die. And when the Joker puts the guy's life against the hospital, people are willing to turn on the guy.
By the end of the film, people are still scared. Still scared to die. But they don't turn on one another. Because they choose not to let fear turn them into something hideous & not to give into terrorist demands.

It's a clear illustration of a change in the people.

You're not meant to be looking at the film as, "OMG it can't get better because Nolan's going to introduce a worse villain, because that's what film franchises call for!". Nolan doesn't exist in the film. The film franchise doesn't exist in the film. The film itself doesn't exist. You think we're supposed to think Batman knows he's in a film? This isn't the Last Action Hero.

And if & when someone worse is introduced, he'll simply be trying to derail a city being steered to the path of good. Just as the Joker derailed this one. And it is often to be supposed that time has passed in between instalments of a film series, you know.

Gotham DOES have the face - he is Harvey Dent. The undeniably righteous, uncorrupted man who stood toe-to-toe with "the bad guys" & instead of being bought off or k!lled, he cuffed them, got them convicted & saw them put in jail. How is that not a hero? How is that not THE classic hero?

If Batman & Gordon both missed the fact that Two-Face was alive - they're pretty stupid. And I don't think Nolan's going for campness.
Note that I called him Two-Face. Harvey Dent was essentially dead when Two-Face emerged. The Harvey Dent the people of Gotham knew, the Harvey Dent they NEEDED, was a HERO. And he died as a hero. He couldn't have died any other way, because Gotham couldn't survive him dying a villain. Hence why Batman shouldered the blame & Gordon even accepted to go along with the lie. It simply couldn't go any other way.

props. well put.:applause: harvey dent's good works instilled belief in the citizens of Gotham. like joker said, '...its about sending a message.'
 07-26-2008, 09:55 PM         #716
88'  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hilarious..
 07-26-2008, 10:04 PM         #717
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good thread...

and about that boat scene, i was wondering if The Joker actually placed the opposite boats key in the other boat like he said, or if he actually put the actual key to blow up the boat they were on, as in a sign of thats what u get (your own death) for wishin death on another boat of strangers
 9 years ago '05        #718
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
to be honest i got a WAY different interpretation of the boat scene. i felt the only group of people that had good in them was the CRIMINALS.

fact of the matter is the only reason the civilians didnt blow up the other boat was because they were scared to actually take the life of another.

let us not forget those civilians did have a vote on wat to do and the verdict was clear in terms of wat to do...BLOW UP THE OTHER BOAT.

but with the criminals tiny, i always call him tiny no homo, actually threw the remote out because he thought it was the right thing to do. if he thought the right thing to do was to blow up the boat he would have, but he didnt
so you ended up with the same result...but for two different reasons
 07-26-2008, 10:32 PM         #719
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This movie was about HIM....

not sure if you noticed, the dude was literally THE DARK KNIGHT......

of it all.
 9 years ago '07        #720
space
space
 AlCapone said:
good thread...

and about that boat scene, i was wondering if The Joker actually placed the opposite boats key in the other boat like he said, or if he actually put the actual key to blow up the boat they were on, as in a sign of thats what u get (your own death) for wishin death on another boat of strangers
good point. i think it was set up the way he explained it (one boat can detonate the other). i dont see joker as the type to punish those willing to k!ll. he is the type to support those that are willing to k!ll. either way a mass murder was to ensue.

either criminals die by way of civilians or civilians die by way of criminals, or both at the hands of joker.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
32 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy