The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-25-2008, 01:49 AM         #641
KingKenoDNC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Penguin?
 07-25-2008, 03:38 AM         #642
magatsu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This Ill whatever n*gga still talkin? Blow my balls n*gga...yeah I'm a film student, graduating with my BA in a semester and a half, I'm at the top of damn near all my film theory classes, written papers you couldn't even understand....wanna read up on the Lacan theory as it relates to George Romero's original Night of the Living Dead.....or how about Dziga Vertov's two camera concept of capturing life unawares?

I mean I could go on for days....how about the depiction of dystopian futures as it relates to sci-fi films of the mid nineties until the present? Or would you rather discuss the thematic elements of active and passive male archetypes and sadistic voyeurism as it relates to the film Being John Malkovich?

Since you so bent on predicting my future let me fill you in on some more.....lets see I'm already getting paid for directing/shooting/editing various film projects, I make more spare change doing freelance illustration, and I have a steady job working for JVC that pays me around 2,000 a month and only requires me to work 4-5 hour shifts 1 or 2 days out of the week....

So to end this discussion the only burger patties I'll be flipping are those saggy flapjacks attached to your moms chest when I lay her across her back for her annual plumbing inspection.

Don't try to discuss film with me boy, your way out of your league, and the fact still remains that n*ggas voice is funny as fu*k and the fact that he continues to use it while speaking with people who know his true identity makes if funnier.

Just cuz you quoting Mos Def in your sig don't make you smart n*gga.
 9 years ago '07        #643
infrared AJ6 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 3277 3277
 magatsu said:
This Ill whatever n*gga still talkin? Blow my balls n*gga...yeah I'm a film student, graduating with my BA in a semester and a half, I'm at the top of damn near all my film theory classes, written papers you couldn't even understand....wanna read up on the Lacan theory as it relates to George Romero's original Night of the Living Dead.....or how about Dziga Vertov's two camera concept of capturing life unawares?

I mean I could go on for days....how about the depiction of dystopian futures as it relates to sci-fi films of the mid nineties until the present? Or would you rather discuss the thematic elements of active and passive male archetypes and sadistic voyeurism as it relates to the film Being John Malkovich?

Since you so bent on predicting my future let me fill you in on some more.....lets see I'm already getting paid for directing/shooting/editing various film projects, I make more spare change doing freelance illustration, and I have a steady job working for JVC that pays me around 2,000 a month and only requires me to work 4-5 hour shifts 1 or 2 days out of the week....

anybody can look up film terms on wikipedia and make up a story bout 2000/month JVC jobs

how bout you elaborate on the depiction of dystopian futures as it relates to sci-fi films of the mid nineties until the present?
 9 years ago '07        #644
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,106 | Props total: 6314 6314
 DallasTexas said:
all i have to say is this:

[pic - click to view]

:applause::iagree:
 07-25-2008, 07:51 AM         #645
PetedaSmete  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bgj887 said:
gtfoh with that catwoman sh*t, i dont know who is going to top the joker, i def. know that it wont be no catwoman though
yea i'm not saying i want her in the next movie, but i think nolan could make her work well as a secondary villain/anti-hero if he ended up including her. i think the series has peaked already, theres no topping the joker and two face (his 2 best villains) in one movie. they could maybe go with riddler, bane and some other new villain never seen before in film, but i still don't see that topping TDK.

Last edited by PetedaSmete; 07-25-2008 at 07:56 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #646
big jeffrey 
space
space
$2,385 | Props total: 359 359
did anyone go back and see if that guys name tag in the bank actually said edward nigma? i also heard that certain scenes you can only see in the imax version.. this true?
 07-25-2008, 01:11 PM         #647
magatsu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 infrared AJ6 said:
anybody can look up film terms on wikipedia and make up a story bout 2000/month JVC jobs

how bout you elaborate on the depiction of dystopian futures as it relates to sci-fi films of the mid nineties until the present?
Yeah sure I'm making it all up to impress BX n*ggaz

fu*k are you doing with your life n*gga? Wanna proofread my papers n*gga? Wanna fax? Wanna email? Wanna see my check stub n*gga? Need to see my bank statements? Wanna see pictures of my 3 bedroom house? How about I lift my sack so you can see under there too? I can elaborate all day n*gga, but then again fu*kin with BX n*ggaz they just gonna say I copied and pasted some sh*t. Its all good though, I know my life is better than your average 22 year old college undergraduate.....how bout yours?
 9 years ago '07        #648
infrared AJ6 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,661 | Props total: 3277 3277
 magatsu said:
Yeah sure I'm making it all up to impress BX n*ggaz

fu*k are you doing with your life n*gga? Wanna proofread my papers n*gga? Wanna fax? Wanna email? Wanna see my check stub n*gga? Need to see my bank statements? Wanna see pictures of my 3 bedroom house? How about I lift my sack so you can see under there too? I can elaborate all day n*gga, but then again fu*kin with BX n*ggaz they just gonna say I copied and pasted some sh*t. Its all good though, I know my life is better than your average 22 year old college undergraduate.....how bout yours?
yea and im bruce wayne. bragging bout nonsense on bx. shame.
 9 years ago '05        #649
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,312 | Props total: 868 868
this movie was so well made..

what i found interesting was that the joker was exactly what he said he was.. a man of his word.

he was right.. about EVERYTHING. everything except the details that pertained to HIS life and background and what made him what he is..

think about it..

he was right about:

-To the mobsters, the real problem was batman and he needed to be k!lled.. (they didnt listen and look what happened)

-He set out to proove that deep down everyone can be like himn and if you add a little anarchy everyone can k!ll, hence saying he will blow up a hospital unless sum1 k!lls that snitch guy.. And what do you know, ppl try and k!ll the guy.

-The one mobster guy said his goons will never work for the joker, and he said "maybe we shuld chop u up in little pieces and feed u to ur pooches and we will see how loyal a hungry dog really is".. and whatya no, he was right.. goons will work for whoever has the money, i.e. joker and they worked for him.

-To batman, he said the only way to have order in gotham was to turn himself in, and thats really what it took. But batman decided against it.

-He also said, eventually everyone will hate batman and he'll be thought of as a freak, and whatya know.. he was right.

He was right about every one he threatened and ended up k!lling..

He was right about everyone BUT him wanting nothing but money..

He was right about batman not being able to k!ll him..

He was right about harvey, he knew he'd change.. He coaxed harveys evil side in the hospital (talking to his fu*ked up side of his face after he had talked to his other side)

He was right about batman, he knew hed try and save rachel thats why he switched the adresses..

He was right about the crooked cops..

He was on point with successfully pulling off not only a rediculously smoooth bank robbery, but rigging and k!lling ppl with bombs and what not.

I could go on for days.. but the other side of this is the fact he was right about EVERYTHING, EXCEEEPT for the details pertaining to him..

Hence him giving 3 different stories as to why he had scars on his face..

and also why he would answer strangely when the guy called him crazy.. he was like "no...... im nott"

his early life must have been so traumatizing that he wants to see the world burn and he is hesitant to even discuss his past hence why he lies about it.

Ppl must think this had a happy ending, but in a sense the joker won..

He survived, and he undid everything harvey, the savior of gotham had done.. Now the state of gotham is still in disarray if not worse than b4.

The joker got the best of batman and won.

the screenwriters of this film deserve every award possible
 9 years ago '05        #650
beast14 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,728 | Props total: 136 136
 BurninLz said:

what i found interesting was that the joker was exactly what he said he was.. a man of his word.

he was right.. about EVERYTHING. everything except the details that pertained to HIS life and background and what made him what he is..

think about it..

he was right about:

-To the mobsters, the real problem was batman and he needed to be k!lled.. (they didnt listen and look what happened)

-He set out to proove that deep down everyone can be like himn and if you add a little anarchy everyone can k!ll, hence saying he will blow up a hospital unless sum1 k!lls that snitch guy.. And what do you know, ppl try and k!ll the guy.

-The one mobster guy said his goons will never work for the joker, and he said "maybe we shuld chop u up in little pieces and feed u to ur pooches and we will see how loyal a hungry dog really is".. and whatya no, he was right.. goons will work for whoever has the money, i.e. joker and they worked for him.

-To batman, he said the only way to have order in gotham was to turn himself in, and thats really what it took. But batman decided against it.

-He also said, eventually everyone will hate batman and he'll be thought of as a freak, and whatya know.. he was right.

He was right about harvey, he knew he'd change.. He coaxed harveys evil side in the hospital (talking to his fu*ked up side of his face after he had talked to his other side)

He was right about batman, he knew hed try and save rachel thats why he switched the adresses..

He was on point with successfully pulling off not only a rediculously smoooth bank robbery, but rigging and k!lling ppl with bombs and what not.

I could go on for days.. but the other side of this is the fact he was right about EVERYTHING, EXCEEEPT for the details pertaining to him..

and also why he would answer strangely when the guy called him crazy.. he was like "no...... im nott"

his early life must have been so traumatizing that he wants to see the world burn and he is hesitant to even discuss his past hence why he lies about it.

He survived, and he undid everything harvey, the savior of gotham had done.. Now the state of gotham is still in disarray if not worse than b4.

I could'nt say it better myself my g. Propz
 9 years ago '05        #651
marq 
space
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 0 0
go to wikipedia and look up the joker....you'll see the movie just kept up with the comics very well
 9 years ago '07        #652
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,782 | Props total: 14590 14590
 BurninLz said:

think about it..

he was right about:

its goes both ways... joker won cuz he turned harvey aka "gothams white knight"... batman won because he didnt break his rule and didnt allow the joker to manipulate him and the fact the citizens and prisoners didnt cause chaos amongst each other... remember joker wanted batman to k!ll him... but it never happened...
 9 years ago '07        #653
Pass The Dutchi 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,119 | Props total: 1379 1379
its'all paahhrt of the plaahaann
 07-25-2008, 04:47 PM         #654
Jesus Christ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no offense but its a script... of course hes gonna be right in a movie... its a movie... I dont think the writers would be dumb enough to leave holes like that opened
 9 years ago '05        #655
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
in the end batman won though

he wanted a day when he wouldnt have 2 save gotham and with the plan him and gordon had sayin batman k!lled harvy would make peopel think that harvey died for the people of gotham and now people might start coming together to stop crime instead of looking the other way and relying on batman to stop it

the script was jus sick
 07-25-2008, 05:09 PM         #656
Complex Am I  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
U noticed how he dressed the bad guys as good guys? He was proving a point with that also. And like u said he did everything he said he would do. I think Batman lost bc Rachel was cutting him off and he will never know.

This Joker is one of the best villians ever
 9 years ago '05        #657
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
 Jesus Christ said:
no offense but its a script... of course hes gonna be right in a movie... its a movie... I dont think the writers would be dumb enough to leave holes like that opened

LOL apparently u haven't seen the other batman movies where things were resolved in the most redixulous of manners..

"ohh I'm falling to my death so let's just shoot a grappling hook up in the air and it'll magically catch onto a building and save me"

Of course it's a script and they r gna try not to leave any holes open but not many movies have had a script so good and with such fluidity and consistincy
 07-25-2008, 05:25 PM         #658
HR_Paperstacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Even in the comics, the Joker's past is left up to the imagination so that's not a hole in the movie.

Per Wikipedia

Though many have been related, a definitive backstory has never been established for the Joker in the comics, and his real name has never been confirmed. He has been portrayed as lying so often about his former life that he himself is confused as to what actually happened. As he says in The k!lling Joke: "Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... if I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"[13] In Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth written by Grant Morrison, it is said that the Joker may not be insane, but has some sort of "super-sanity" in which he creates himself each day to cope with the chaotic flow of modern urban life.[16]
 9 years ago '05        #659
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
 PutYouOnGame said:
joker lost cuz his whole plan was to turn regular citizens against each other and for batman to k!ll him

making harvey dent go postal was part of the plan to make the citizens go bad...but since that never got out and batman took the blame joker's plan failed

Ur absolutely right andbi culdnt have said it better myself but at the same time joker won also..

Kinda Like Alfred said sum PPL get victory outta other ppls defeat and misery..

Ya joker failed at having the citizens blowing eachother up and he failed at having batman k!ll him, but he won in the senses of 1..he ruined batmans plan of retiring.. 2.. He undid all the good Harvey did..3.. Gothams worse than ever..4.. He k!lled Rachel..5.. He k!lled all those ppl.

So really, jokers sitting in arkham laughing his a.ss of right now while batman has to do what he doesn't Wna do.. Continue to be batman. Also he is mourning Rachel, his only hope for a normal life is dead. And Gotham is worse than ever.

So u tell me who won?

It culd go both ways, which is why this was such a great movie
 9 years ago '05        #660
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
The Joker lost because of the boat plan. He wanted to prove that people valued the lifes of regular citizens more than criminals, but the regular citizens would have rather died with the criminals than lived while the criminals died by themselves.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago