The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
103 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #481
goldenchild7317 
space
space
$500 | Props total: 11 11
Aron Kincaid Waylon Jones / k!ller Croc
Roddy McDowall Jervis Tetch / The Mad Hatter
Ron Perlman Matt Hagen / Clayface
Marc Singer Dr. Kirk Langstrom / Man-Bat
George Dzundza Arnold Wesker / Ventriloquist

thats who is left anyone of those will do
 07-20-2008, 02:30 PM         #482
dahurricaneg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Introducing new villains where ya'll get this information from?
 9 years ago '06        #483
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
The Bank Manager at the beginning of the movie will be one of the villains in the next movie.
 9 years ago '05        #484
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 texasplayboy_23 said:
^^If you didn't care, the SMART thing would've been to not post...maybe that's just me.:rolleyes:

True. Venom was the only reason I went to see it...I wanted to walk out when that homo started dancing like the movie was a fu*kin broadway musical.
Yo I thought I was the only one. That dancing sh*t is almost up there with the bat n*pples. :thumbsdow
 07-20-2008, 03:32 PM         #485
Jesus Christ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
LMAO @ stiff Cliff.

Exactly. Like I've said before, the only action in Iron Man was the parts short enough for the previews.

I didn't even read your comment, you just need to change your fu*kin name.

I certainly hope not, Robin is the gayest of super heroes...and I think Nolan would agree.
what shold i change it to?? NYPLAYBOY ?!?! LOL get outta here with that f*g**t sh*t
 9 years ago '04        #486
shiznit 
space
space
space
$343 | Props total: 7 7
i think deathstroke the terminator would be a good villian for the movie
 9 years ago '05        #487
bennyboy2205 
space
space
$635 | Props total: 0 0

'Dark Knight' sets weekend record with $155.34M

[pic - click to view]

Sunday July 20 1:47 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (AP) Batman has sent Spidey packing as king of Hollywood's box-office superheroes.

"The Dark Knight" took in a record $155.34 million in its first weekend, topping the previous best of $151.1 million for "Spider-Man 3" in May 2007 and pacing Hollywood to its biggest weekend ever, according to studio estimates Sunday.

"We knew it would be big, but we never expected to dominate the marketplace like we did," said Dan Fellman, head of distribution for Warner Bros., which released "The Dark Knight." The movie should shoot past the $200 million mark by the end of the week, he said.

Hollywood set an overall revenue record of $253 million for a three-day weekend, beating the $218.4 million haul over the weekend of July 7, 2006, according to box-office tracker Media By Numbers.

"This weekend is such a juggernaut," said Nikki Rocco, head of distribution for Universal, whose musical "Mamma Mia!" debuted at No. 2 with $27.6 million.

Factoring in higher admission prices, "Spider-Man 3" may have sold slightly more tickets than "The Dark Knight."

At 2007's average price of $6.88, "Spider-Man 3" sold 21.96 million tickets over opening weekend. Media By Numbers estimates today's average movie prices at $7.08, which means "The Dark Knight" would have sold 21.94 million tickets.

Revenue totals for "The Dark Knight" could change when final numbers are released Monday.

The movie's release was preceded by months of buzz and speculation over the performance of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker, Batman's nemesis. Ledger, who died in January from an accidental prescription-drug overdose, played the Joker as a demonic presence, his performance prompting predictions that the role might earn him a posthumous Academy Award nomination.

"The average opening gross of the last five `Batman' movies is $47 million. This tripled that, and for a reason," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of Media By Numbers. "A big part of that was the Heath Ledger mystique and a phenomenal performance that absolutely deserves the excitement surrounding it."

"The Dark Knight" reunites director Christopher Nolan with his "Batman Begins" star Christian Bale, whose vigilante crime-f!ghter is taunted and tested by Ledger's Joker as the villain unleashes violence and chaos on the city of Gotham.

Overseas, "The Dark Knight" added $40 million in 20 countries where it began opening Wednesday, including Australia, Mexico and Brazil. The film opens in Great Britain this weekend and rolls out to most of the rest of the world over the next few weeks.

"The Dark Knight," which cost $185 million to make, also broke the "Spider-Man 3" record for best debut in IMAX large-screen theaters with $6.2 million. "Spider-Man 3" opened with $4.7 million in IMAX cinemas.

"Every single show is sold out," said Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president. "We're adding shows as much as we can, but we're at 100 percent capacity."

On opening day Friday, "The Dark Knight" also took in more money than previously counted, Fellman said. The film pulled in a record $67.85 million, up nearly $1.5 million from the studio's estimates a day earlier.

The previous opening-day record also had been held by "Spider-Man 3" with $59.8 million.

Women accounted for most of the audience for "Mamma Mia!", which Universal opened as counter-programming to the male-dominated audience for "The Dark Knight."

"With the crowded summer, we knew we would have to find the right weekend, and this seemed like the perfect one considering three-quarters of our audience was female," Rocco said.

Based on the stage musical set to the tunes of ABBA, "Mamma Mia!" features Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Stellan Skarsgard, Julie Walters and Christine Baranski.

The weekend's other new wide release, 20th Century Fox's animated family flick "Space Chimps," opened at No. 7 with $7.4 million.

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released Monday.

:wow::wow::wow:
1. "The Dark Knight," $155.34 million.

2. "Mamma Mia!", $27.6 million.

3. "Hancock," $14 million.

4. "Journey to the Center of the Earth," $11.9 million.

5. "Hellboy II: The Golden Army," $10 million.

6. "WALL-E," $9.8 million.

7. "Space Chimps," $7.4 million.

8. "Wanted," $5.1 million.

9. "Get Smart," $4.1 million.

10. "Kung Fu Panda," $1.8 million.
 07-20-2008, 06:24 PM         #488
the rock 1.0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no more batman movies should be made
 9 years ago '04        #489
Datni99ajeff 
space
space
$1,389 | Props total: 89 89
 Mintz said:
dark knight was a great movie and all...........but are you serious:thumbsdow
what Marvel movie was better?
 9 years ago '04        #490
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
damn this movie was cold blooded......
 9 years ago '05        #491
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 442 442
They only count Friday and Saturday totals? Thought they always included Sunday's too
 9 years ago '05        #492
Dillinger805 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,994 | Props total: 83 83
part where it says spidey sold more tickets because of price might be true but batman was longer so i think spidey might of had few more showings not sure but either way Movie was amazing especially in imax
 9 years ago '04        #493
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 Dillinger805 said:
part where it says spidey sold more tickets because of price might be true but batman was longer so i think spidey might of had few more showings not sure but either way Movie was amazing especially in imax
Spider-Man did have more showings because it was shorter but Batman played on more screens. However, Batman should be given a little more credit based on the fact it opened against Mama Mia, which has a huge following, and Space Chimps. Not to mention all the strong competition out there for it previosuly like Hancock, HBII and WALL•E.
 9 years ago '08        #494
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23354 23354
only complaint, bale sounds like a 30 years deep vodka drinker when he's batman wtf
 9 years ago '06        #495
jj01 
space
space
$44,974 | Props total: 4689 4689
best flick ive seen in a minute, sh*t was great on so many levels. going to see it again in the next few days. smh its still sold out until like thursday to catch it on the imax.
 9 years ago '07        #496
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 modalee81 said:
ya she was fu*king ugly they could have gotten a much better looking actress with the same or better acting skills. She must have sucked off Nolan real hard.
who ... i mean just because shes ugly... it doesnt take anything away from the movie at all... its not that serious...
 9 years ago '04        #497
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
 NeXPhazE said:
I have a question. If Heath Ledger died in January how the hell did the finish the movie? Did the have a look alike or what? Props for the answer
Heath finished filming TDK back in late Oct/early Nov. He was already working another film before he died.
 9 years ago '04        #498
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,021 | Props total: 390 390
one of the big reason why this movie was ill was because it transcended the superhero perspective of it and made it into an art house film.. which is why i give props to noland for directing that way.. plus he made it to which this can happen in real life.. what if a guy dresses up like a bat .. it was a real city not a made up one like the other movies.. soo in turn.. the villains have to be scaled down. something like clay face or man bat or anything like dat would be going into the cheesy realm and that will fu*k up the franchise again. they should stick with some real life guys and make them demented and problematic for batman

side note.. the joker mentally whooped batman a.ss in this film..
 9 years ago '08        #499
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23354 23354
after seeing the whole thing it was good but yet again internet made me think it was the second coming, hella overrated, but still good
 9 years ago '04        #500
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
Far from overrated. But you thought it was good. I guess that counts. lol

Anyway, there were a lot of psychological themes played in the film.

These two Joker quotes perfectly summed up the Batman/Joker relationship which the Nolan's nailed.

"This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object".

"You won't k!ll me out of some misplaced sense of self righteousness and I won't k!ll you because...You're just too much fun. We are destined to do this forever".

And the scene between Dent/Two Face and Joker in the hospital. Which was great.

Last edited by rashad0715; 07-20-2008 at 10:37 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy