The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #241
tmontana171 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,265 | Props total: 95 95
heath ledger should win an oscar...period
 9 years ago '04        #242
ramzx22 
space
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
why could someone not top heath?.....were ppl not saying the same thing about HEath was not going to be able to outdo JACK! and what happen? psssshh i say if they get a good actor that is similar lets see what they can do....maybe on a part 4 or end of 3.....
 9 years ago '06        #243
DJ Endo 
space
space
$925 | Props total: 68 68
 fmoney88 said:
His acting was simply amazing, While watching the movie I forgot he was heath ledger and I now see him as the Joker. His acting was disturbingly good thats how good it was. Like you can tell he really actually thought he was the joker.
STFU All this publicity is only because he's dead. NOT because he was some superb actor. So stop w/ all the bullsh*t about this being the best performance on earth and all that bullsh*t. Muthafu*kaz didn't even know who he was and criticized him for BrokeBack Mountain.... now all of a sudden he's some kinda LEGEND and sh*t... fu*k OUTTA HERE!!
 9 years ago '07        #244
DaKid91 
space
space
$569 | Props total: 377 377
^^hating a.ss n*gga^^
 07-18-2008, 05:18 PM         #245
KCK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Actually, no, DJ Endo.

Heath Ledger has been putting together quite the resume for a good while now. His turns in "The Patriot," "Monster's Ball," "Lords Of Dogtown," "Candy," "Cassanova," "I'm Not There," and especially "Brokeback Mountain" (gay or not), to name a few, displayed a very talented actor still refining his craft. In this film, sadly his last, he was able to sink his teeth in and make an iconic performance that would've been talked about and hyped even if he hadn't passed away. I'm still not sure about all the win-an-Oscar talk, but if the main accent points of a great performance are BECOMING the role you're playing and owning the entire movie every time you're on the screen, then I say Ledger succeeded quite admirably.

The saddest and most tragic thing is that "Brokeback", and to an even bigger extent "The Dark Knight", displays an actor on the fringe of completely cashing in on his God-given talent and becoming one of the world's finest screen actors, on par with Day-Lewis and a few others. Who would've thought when watching "10 Things I Hate About You" ten or so years ago, we'd be seeing THIS. Brave and bravura performance in a bravura film. I believe he should at least be nominated for his work here, and not because of his untimely death, but because his performance really is THAT good.
 9 years ago '05        #246
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,781 | Props total: 1591 1591
If theres any villains that need to introduced it's clayface
 9 years ago '04        #247
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
Dope movie cant wait for it to come out on blu ray. The joker stole the show. The audience was crackin up everytime joker was k!llin peeps. The pencil scene was classic...
 9 years ago '04        #248
MoFoJa 
space
space
space
$138 | Props total: 0 0
I would be a better joker...
quite disappointed actually...
 9 years ago '04        #249
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
Two-Face is dead. Some people must have not been paying attention. The Joker won. Batman broke his one rule. The thing with Harvey was he died a hero in the sense that that is what Gordon will portray him as but he lived long enough to see himself become the villain. Two-Face will not be in the next movie.
 9 years ago '04        #250
mainevent23 54 heat pts54
space
space
$405 | Props total: 1243 1243
 DJ Endo said:
STFU All this publicity is only because he's dead. NOT because he was some superb actor. So stop w/ all the bullsh*t about this being the best performance on earth and all that bullsh*t. Muthafu*kaz didn't even know who he was and criticized him for BrokeBack Mountain.... now all of a sudden he's some kinda LEGEND and sh*t... fu*k OUTTA HERE!!
Have you seen it? If you have, and you thought his acting wasn't that good, then thats your opinion. But if you haven't seen it, and want to make a stupid opinion then I suggest you shut up.
 07-18-2008, 05:47 PM         #251
killya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here is some more info about recasting the joker for batman 3

While conducting interviews with the cast of The Dark Knight this afternoon, I got a chance to chat with director Christopher Nolan and Gary Oldman about the proposed third segment of their supposed Batman trilogy. While none of us in attendance really wanted to dwell on the death of Heath Ledger, Oldman offered his thoughts on the actor's portrayal of the Joker, calling it the scariest on-screen performance he's ever seen.

He even went on to compare it to his own work as Sirius Black, saying, "Sirius Black might scare six year olds, but he doesn't scare nine year olds. It's hard to scare kids these days. Heath does. He scares everybody. This is one of the most frightening performances I have ever seen put on film." When asked if he thought they should recast Ledger for the third film, or just not include the character, Gary thought it was a good idea, "I don't see why not. I mean, they did it with Katie Holmes' character. I understand that this is a different circumstance, but I think another actor could do the job. I think Heath would want another actor to do the job."

Oldman then took a moment to think about it some more, "Maybe we don't need the Joker. Because we'll have The Riddler." Yes, Oldman alluded to the fact that The Riddler may in fact be the next on-screen Batman villain.

When I asked if he, himself, wanted to come back for a third segment, he smiled coyly, "We don't really know if Nolan is coming back." He then shook his head. "I guess I have to come back." He then put his hand to the side of his mouth as if to hide the next line from everybody, "Nolan will come back for a third one. I think we all have to." It is well known that Oldman tried to get out of appearing in The Dark Knight, but his contract wouldn't allow it.

Next, I asked Christopher Nolan if he wanted to come back for a third Batman film, and he said that he wasn't sure that he wanted to come back, "I don't know. I take my projects one at a time, and I am not thinking about that right now. I don't know if I want to come back." After that, I asked, "If you do choose to make a third Batman film, do you think that you would recast for the Joker? Or will he not appear in the film?"

Nolan's replay, "I don't know. I honestly have not taken a moment away from what is going on with the film now to even think about that. I don't know. I simply don't know."

The Dark Knight opens July 18th, 2008.

so basically he doesnt know yet and isnt focused on batman 3 because he has other films coming out.
 07-18-2008, 05:48 PM         #252
Steveo54  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mainevent23 said:
Have you seen it? If you have, and you thought his acting wasn't that good, then thats your opinion. But if you haven't seen it, and want to make a stupid opinion then I suggest you shut up.
id bet $ dude hasnt seen it. he really did do a great job as the joker, definately the best actor in the movie.

i know he was in brokeback mountain, who the fu*k cares though, hes an actor, he gets paid money to play roles, and apparently he can play the joker better than anyone else.
 9 years ago '04        #253
imtheman23 
space
space
space
$92 | Props total: 0 0
i saw the movie he was better then jack nicholis this is the true joker dude did his thing
 9 years ago '04        #254
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 killya said:
so basically he doesnt know yet and isnt focused on batman 3 because he has other films coming out.
Chris Nolan has yet to sign on to do anything yet.
 9 years ago '07        #255
760 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,427 | Props total: 438 438
At these dudes hating on Heath because hes dead. Cant wait to see this fu*king movie.
 9 years ago '04        #256
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space

When Aaron Eckhart was here and he said when he sat there and went, 'Oh my God, there's a lot to this character.' Do you feel the same way as you went through the script that it is sort of exciting?

GO: Yeah, yeah, and there's a lot to focus on. I think what Chris has done... in the hands of a less talented director, I think, you might watch this and think there's too much going on. It's overloaded. Lots of plot. Two bad guys. There's the Chechnyans, the mob, the Lao, the money, The Joker - who doesn't want the money - there's all of that going on. When I read the script, I thought where do I focus? I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, there's a lot going on. But you know exactly where to focus, where to look and there is a lot to do. It is a big film.

If you were asked to comeback for a third film in a smaller role would you come back again?

GO: Yeah, yeah! My returning to it is not dependent on whether the role was bigger than the one before. I had quite a bit to do in the first one.

Would you do it again? Was this experience good enough to say, "I'm going to do this as many times as they ask me"?

GO: I think there might be... there's every possibility that there will be a third one. I think Chris will do a third. If there is a third, he'll do it. It's his baby. He's not going to give this up. I don't think Warner Bros... I think what they're learning now, is, with the franchise that just the name Batman isn't enough. You got to have someone at the helm. You really need a vision for it, and Chris has got that. So I think they will tempt him with all sorts of things... hmm!
 9 years ago '06        #257
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 DJ Endo said:
shut the fu*k up.
 9 years ago '04        #258
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,869 | Props total: 2015 2015
 fmoney88 said:
His acting was simply amazing, While watching the movie I forgot he was heath ledger and I now see him as the Joker. His acting was disturbingly good thats how good it was. Like you can tell he really actually thought he was the joker.
thats exactly how my boy at work described it to me

9 years ago '04        #259
ImSoBroke 
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 28 28
 JFamis said:
Chris Nolan has yet to sign on to do anything yet.
how much of an impact would a director have on this movie if it changed?
wouldnt the writers have a bigger impact storywise and the director is piecing together the visual?
 9 years ago '04        #260
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,330 | Props total: 11370 11370
He did an amazing portrayal of the Joker but lets not get too carried away now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago