The Official 'Dark Knight' Thread (Spoilers Inside)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
209 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-18-2008, 05:12 AM         #181
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i swear they better give ledger the best actor award, my n*gga imo jack is and will forever be joker but real talk ledger played it even better, you really got the feeling that the n*gga joker was sadistic he just made this movie what is was. r.i.p you a legend in my book now homie
 07-18-2008, 05:32 AM         #182
soolie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well said great movie amazing words can't express from pencil to harvey to the joker to batman I was blown away were i live it was sold out last night glad I got my tickets online movie of the year going to see it again on sunday and monday with mom dukes lol chris nolan hez the man imd rated it number 4 of movies of all time 3.4million in imax alone most showing across the us to date record breaker man go watch this
 07-18-2008, 05:33 AM         #183
soolie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I did have very high expectations for this film though, and was definately my most anticipated of 2008. Batman was the only "superhero" theme I've ever been able to get into since I was 4 years old (now 22). I've been Batman for Halloween before, as well as the Riddler. I loved Jack Nicholson in the original, liked Returns, liked Forever, hated Batman and Robin, and loved Batman Begins.

Christian Bale is one of the best actors today. He defines Batman, and did a good job in this movie. But all in all, what blew it away was Heath Ledger's performance. Shocker, right? Well considering he was re-doing what was first played by Jack Nicholson (possibly the best actor ever in his prime), it seems almost impossible to top a performance like that...even if Christopher Nolan is diong this Batman franchise.

I enjoyed Harvey Dent much more before Two-Face. He looked very sadistic as Two-Face, but his burnt face reminded me of a brown colored Terminator for some reason. The mouth and the eyeball. Hmm...I don't know. Maybe I was just too infatuated with Joker to care about him.

There's no doubt this Batman series is more dark, and more real. The cast was unbelievable. I for one actually prefered Maggie Gyllenhall (however you spell it) over Katie Holmes. Michael Caine did a good performance, as well as Morgan Freeman. I do wish Freeman was in a little bit more of the film though, because he had great on screen presence and added a lot of humor to the film (which is a great combination adding twisted evil, surprise, comedy, drama, tragedy, and action!)

But with that being said, this film really does have it all! My only negative would be to have made Rachel and Bruce's love relationship in the first half of the movie more focused. Might sound gay, but I think it would have added more to the certain event later on. It was like remorse for 2 minutes, then back to action. Entertainment wise, great. But you gotta milk that sh*t for all it's worth.

There's no question Heath Ledger stole the show. Not only did he outdo Jack's performance, but he outdid any performance of almost any villain in history. It might not go down in memory is as good of a performance as the best villains ever since it's a comic book adapted film, and the fact people would think it's out of sympathy or tribute because of his death....but this performance is up there with Javier Bardem of No Country for Old Men, Denzel Washington in Training Day, Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, and Jack Nicholson in the Shining...and it might even be my favorite bad guy performance ever.

You find yourself rooting for the Joker...and in a lot of ways, Joker might have won against Batman at the end. He took his love, his hope of the White Knight, and he survived. I had a lot of fun at the IMax with all my Jokers and Batmans dressed up, and how I enjoyed painting my face, dying my hair, and getting a whole Joker outfit and scaring children and people all through my apartment complex, on the road, in the restaurant and Wal-Mart walking around dressed like a psychotic freak! Haha.

But this movie is worth seeing for Heath's performance alone. It surpassed his Brokeback Mountain performance by a landslide. Some of the scenes, mainly the interrogation room, hospital blow-up, and when he put the knife to the throats and talked about his scars to Gambol and Rachel Dawes...simply the best acting I've maybe ever seen.

Dark Knight is the best overall film I've seen since probably Crash. It won't win movie of the year at the Oscars...but it should. The film does live up to the hype. May I say rest in peace to Heath Ledger, and my prayers with his family. He had a great acting career, and hopefully an even better life while he was here. Now I hope he's in the Heavens looking down on us, as he gave us fans and the whole world a final acting performance that I will never forget.

Dark Knight Rating: A i didnt write this just passing it along
 07-18-2008, 05:36 AM         #184
soolie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I did have very high expectations for this film though, and was definately my most anticipated of 2008. Batman was the only "superhero" theme I've ever been able to get into since I was 4 years old (now 22). I've been Batman for Halloween before, as well as the Riddler. I loved Jack Nicholson in the original, liked Returns, liked Forever, hated Batman and Robin, and loved Batman Begins.

Christian Bale is one of the best actors today. He defines Batman, and did a good job in this movie. But all in all, what blew it away was Heath Ledger's performance. Shocker, right? Well considering he was re-doing what was first played by Jack Nicholson (possibly the best actor ever in his prime), it seems almost impossible to top a performance like that...even if Christopher Nolan is diong this Batman franchise.

I enjoyed Harvey Dent much more before Two-Face. He looked very sadistic as Two-Face, but his burnt face reminded me of a brown colored Terminator for some reason. The mouth and the eyeball. Hmm...I don't know. Maybe I was just too infatuated with Joker to care about him.

There's no doubt this Batman series is more dark, and more real. The cast was unbelievable. I for one actually prefered Maggie Gyllenhall (however you spell it) over Katie Holmes. Michael Caine did a good performance, as well as Morgan Freeman. I do wish Freeman was in a little bit more of the film though, because he had great on screen presence and added a lot of humor to the film (which is a great combination adding twisted evil, surprise, comedy, drama, tragedy, and action!)

But with that being said, this film really does have it all! My only negative would be to have made Rachel and Bruce's love relationship in the first half of the movie more focused. Might sound gay, but I think it would have added more to the certain event later on. It was like remorse for 2 minutes, then back to action. Entertainment wise, great. But you gotta milk that sh*t for all it's worth.

There's no question Heath Ledger stole the show. Not only did he outdo Jack's performance, but he outdid any performance of almost any villain in history. It might not go down in memory is as good of a performance as the best villains ever since it's a comic book adapted film, and the fact people would think it's out of sympathy or tribute because of his death....but this performance is up there with Javier Bardem of No Country for Old Men, Denzel Washington in Training Day, Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, and Jack Nicholson in the Shining...and it might even be my favorite bad guy performance ever.

You find yourself rooting for the Joker...and in a lot of ways, Joker might have won against Batman at the end. He took his love, his hope of the White Knight, and he survived. I had a lot of fun at the IMax with all my Jokers and Batmans dressed up, and how I enjoyed painting my face, dying my hair, and getting a whole Joker outfit and scaring children and people all through my apartment complex, on the road, in the restaurant and Wal-Mart walking around dressed like a psychotic freak! Haha.

But this movie is worth seeing for Heath's performance alone. It surpassed his Brokeback Mountain performance by a landslide. Some of the scenes, mainly the interrogation room, hospital blow-up, and when he put the knife to the throats and talked about his scars to Gambol and Rachel Dawes...simply the best acting I've maybe ever seen.

Dark Knight is the best overall film I've seen since probably Crash. It won't win movie of the year at the Oscars...but it should. The film does live up to the hype. May I say rest in peace to Heath Ledger, and my prayers with his family. He had a great acting career, and hopefully an even better life while he was here. Now I hope he's in the Heavens looking down on us, as he gave us fans and the whole world a final acting performance that I will never forget.

Dark Knight Rating: A i didnt write this just passing the word
 07-18-2008, 06:01 AM         #185
rawproduct03  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 soolie said:
but this performance is up there with Javier Bardem of No Country for Old Men, Denzel Washington in Training Day, Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, and Jack Nicholson in the Shining...and it might even be my favorite bad guy performance ever.

^^^always thought denzel performance in training day was so over rated,he did good no doubt but was not all that. i would say ledger performance was 2nd best ALL TIME only to sir anthony hopkins in silence of the lambs of course, ledger really did his thing, just sucks that dude had to die but at least he went out on top cuz this movie was beyond dope
 9 years ago '07        #186
ptwist 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,090 | Props total: 6290 6290
Before Ledger was confirmed to play the Joker in July 2006,[16] Paul Bettany,[17] Lachy Hulme,[18] Adrien Brody,[19] Steve Carell,[20] and Robin Williams[21] publicly expressed interest in the role. On not being invited to reprise the Joker, Jack Nicholson jokingly remarked that he was "furious".[22] In turn, responding to his initially-controversial selection to play the Joker, Ledger stated publicly, "It would not matter who is chosen to play the [Joker]. [...] In any film, there is always someone who does not like you and I am secure in my choices and my record. But I know at the end of the day you are never going to please anyone 100 percent…I refuse to carbon copy a performance. That would not be a challenge and it would be mocking Mr. Nicholson, whom I have much respect for."[7]

I personally would have been interested in robin williams getting the role at first but i dont think he would have been deep into the role as heath was...but now i realized Heath was the fu*king man...i remember cats was cutting him down just cuz he played a gay cowboy...fu*k that ...heath k!lled ...wait he totally DESTROYED the role as the joker....

Heath Joker > Jack's Joker...

and jack did his thing too....

All i can say is ...overrating him or not ...he left like kurt cobain ...on top.
 9 years ago '04        #187
WaSh HeIghTs186 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$407 | Props total: 0 0
LEDGER IS A BEAST..... his introduction at that table with all those thugs.. CLASSIC ! lol
 9 years ago '04        #188
WaSh HeIghTs186 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$407 | Props total: 0 0
"You Complete Me" LMAO
 07-18-2008, 06:29 AM         #189
YOUNGZERO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pencil trick was DOPE AZ F*CK

the music behind LEDGER was fu*kin' ILL AZ F*CK TOO!!!!!

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR OR THE OSCARS AIN'T SH*T!!!!!!
 07-18-2008, 06:32 AM         #190
YOUNGZERO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What deebo did was heroic!!!
 07-18-2008, 06:36 AM         #191
YOUNGZERO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bout to watch this again at 3:30 in the afternoon real talk!!!!!
 9 years ago '06        #192
tg4hiphop 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,004 | Props total: 26 26
if i could bring back heath. i literally would. most epic of the year. the gamble scene. with the cue sticks and there was only one position available! most gangster balla scene ever!

he had me cracking up during the hospital scene. bout to go watch it again in 2 hours
 9 years ago '06        #193
TheKidHypno' 28 heat pts28
space
space
$8,412 | Props total: 102 102
i dont care as long as it detrhones that sh*tty spiderman 3
 9 years ago '05        #194
DuzzE 42 heat pts42
space
space
$1,951 | Props total: 19 19
this movie was crazy.....
 9 years ago '05        #195
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Aww man. I cant see this sh*t until tomorrow. I'm mad as hell mayne!!
 9 years ago '04        #196
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,442 | Props total: 6036 6036
lol i was thinkin bout goin to see it last night but i was tired as hell
 9 years ago '07        #197
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
LMAO it's funny how everybody is talking about that pencil scene. That sh*t is a cinematic classic moment. I'm watching this sh*t again this weekend. Heath Ledger's performance was beyond great. He put on one of the best performance's I have seen in a while.
 9 years ago '07        #198
TheIncomparable 
space
space
$2,595 | Props total: 0 0
 WaSh HeIghTs186 said:
"You Complete Me" LMAO
"I just want my phone call" was another good one
 9 years ago '06        #199
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,366 | Props total: 2081 2081
rachel was ugly as fu*k but this movie surpassed my expectations and is another classic.

the moment it is over, you think to yourself damn the joker was played so damn well, but now what with heath's passing away

and i will just say that everyone who tried to hate on heath for being chosen for the role will feel dumb as fu*k after seeing this.

Last edited by homme; 07-18-2008 at 10:33 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #200
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,355 | Props total: 690 690
so why did katie holmes not do this movie?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
16 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
51 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
34 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy