NCAA Football Recruiting Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
37 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #161
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 Against D Grain said:
Auburn just picked up Montez Robinson too today, good pickup I believe you guys are at 26 now, You know how many more Tubbs will take???
I have no idea

It doesn't look like we will be taking many more

We'd probably take J Travis, P Smith, Farms and either Myles or B Smith.. maybe a juco OL... that's my wish list at least
 9 years ago '04        #162
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space

Petey getting that free Iron Bowl ticket for the fam to watch lil bro courtesy of Alabama

Tigers Back on Top?

[pic - click to view]

Petey Smith has been there, done that.

The Seffner (Fla.) Armwood linebacker has attended a number of Auburn games over the last couple of years and was there last Saturday for AU's battle with LSU.

But he admits Saturday night in Jordan-Hare was still special, even though the home team dropped a close game.

Smith will visit both Auburn and Bama before making decision.
"That was probably the best atmosphere. The crowd was pretty loud," Smith said. "I'm getting kinda used to being up there. The sad part about it is they didn't win the game but I enjoyed myself."

Smith said he was proud of the way AU's defense battled a talented LSU offense.

"Auburn's defense had a good performance but they just got tired toward the end of the game because the offense wasn't really driving the ball," he said. "At the end of the game, LSU was able run the ball when it counted.

"Besides that, they played a good game. To me, they played good enough to win. It's unfortunate they didn't come up with the W."

Smith's older brother, Eric Smith, is a true freshman running back who's played in AU's first four games this season.

"Everything that he's told me has been good, nothing negative," Smith said. "It's everything he expected and more. He said everybody gets treated the same way. I like that a lot."

Auburn is recruiting Smith as a middle linebacker.

"(The AU coaches) are just telling me to stay focused and watch Tray Blackmon out there," Smith said. "He's a little undersized and I'm a bigger body but next year they're going to start running more 3-4 and they're going to need a bigger body in the middle to stop the run.

"It would fit me good."

Smith holds offers from a number of top schools including Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Ohio State, North Carolina and Clemson. He said in a couple of published reports last week that Alabama had moved into the driver's seat for his signature.

But it looks like the Tigers are back on top now, partly due to AU a.ssistant coach Greg Knox.

"Auburn is still at the top," Smith said. "Coach Knox, to me, is the best recruiting coach in the nation. He stays on you and lets you know that he wants you. Sometimes other coaches let seem to let you get lost in the flock and then at the end, they try to get on you and might not know that much about you.

"Coach Knox has been coming after me for years. Now, it's getting close to that time. I just like the way he's handled things and Auburn is a good school in the SEC, so you really can't go wrong football-wise or grade-wise."

Smith said he wants to go on at least two official visits before making a decision.

"I'm waiting to take my official visits," Smith said. "I'll probably take it (to Auburn) the Homecoming game when they play Tennessee-Martin. I'm going to try and take an official to Alabama, probably for the Iron Bowl, and after that I'll make my decision."
 9 years ago '04        #163
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Coogi + AU gear... not a bad combo

Man this recruiting class is shaping up to be nice especially on the defensive side of the ball

our coaching staff is so confident in Cotton they snatched Mossakowskis offer at the last minute ( I think he would be an AU commit if not)

I think we are taking 5 more... my wish list is:

1) Petey Smith (great shape, should be AU bound)
2) Jamar Travis (great shape, he's wanted to commit but he's going to take some officials, I see him on the plains next year)
3) Brandon Moore (Bama bound)
4) Johnnie Farms (South Carolina commit)
5) Branden Smith/Darren Myles (long shots but we do have a shot)

oh sh*t almost forgot Onterio McCalebb... he's resigning if he can make the grades... he k!lling at Hargrave

I see maybe R Scott and J Atchison decommiting (Maybe not Scott but Atchison really wants to play as a true FR, sorry )

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 10-03-2008 at 10:30 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #164
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 6955 6955
Nittany Lions grab inside 'backer Glenn Carson
Glenn Carson has committed to Penn State over scholarship offers from Notre Dame, Boston College, Stanford, Virginia and others, Bucknuts.com's Bill Kurelic reports.

Carson attended the Penn State-Illinois game on Saturday and announced his decision Monday afternoon.

"I had been out there before and I just felt like I fit in really well," Carson said. "It's 'linebacker U.' It's always kind of been my dreams to play there. Now with hard work I can be one of their linebackers."

__________________________________________________ _______________

Marlon Brown enjoys Georgia visit despite loss
Under Armour All-American wide receiver Marlon Brown spoke with ESPN affiliate Web site TotalUGA.com about his trip to Athens, Ga.

"It was amazing. I had a really good time. Saturday was really busy. We met with the academic people all day, and that went really good. Then I met with the basketball coaches."
"Then we went to the game. I had a really good time even though they lost. I had a good time."
He added, "I can't really rate it, because it is my one and only official visit this year. I feel the same way about Georgia as I did before. Really good."

Brown also plans to visit Ohio State, Florida, Tennessee and LSU before making his final decision.

Sooners in the mix for Boyd after great trip
Under Armour All-American wide receiver Jheranie Boyd had great things to say about his visit to Norman, Okla., ESPN affiliate OUInsider.com reports.

"I would say (Oklahoma) is the best game atmosphere that I have ever seen. The fans stuck with them through the whole game, even though OU was blowing them out. The support was crazy. They have a sold out atmosphere every game that they play, and that is what I want to be around."

Boyd still has other programs prominently in the mix, "I am still looking at Clemson, Florida, North Carolina, Illinois and Missouri as well as OU. The next three (officials) are Missouri, Illinois and Florida. I am going to take them over the next three weeks. I am going to take them back to back to back."

Defensive end David Gilbert choses the Badgers
Wisconsin has a commitment from David Gilbert of Northeast (Oakland Park, Fla.), ranked No. 96 among defensive ends in the Class of 2009.

He said, "I had talked to him (father) about Wisconsin, they were recruiting me from the beginning. Wisconsin came down more than any other school to see me," soflafootball.com reports.
Gilbert is set to visit the Badgers on Oct. 11th for their contest with Penn State, "I'm looking forward to the atmosphere, and seeing where I can make the team better."

He also considered interest from Florida; plus offers from Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Central Florida, South Carolina, Louisville and Connecticut.

9 years ago '04        #165
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
BOOOOOOM! Motherfu*ker Yeah! now Jawara White needs to go on and give us that verbal... He all about Coach Willis

Auburn Lands Big Commitment for 2010

The Auburn Tigers have their first known commitment of the 2010 class and it is a big one. One of the top junior prospects in the state of Alabama took in Auburn's 14-12 win over Tennessee over the weekend. Apparently that was all he needed to see.

[pic - click to view]

Braxton Chitty was a standout at the National Underclassman Combine.

Dothan (Ala.) Northview dual-threat quarterback Braxton Chitty picked up a verbal offer over the summer from Auburn but had yet to receive his written offer in the mail. When he arrived on the Auburn campus over the weekend, he was offered the opportunity to commit to the Tigers. It was an offer he didn't want to pass up.

"Auburn never really gave me a written offer but they gave me a verbal over the summer and told me on Saturday that I could commit right then if I wanted to," Chitty said. "I told the recruiting coach, Coach Willis and he said if you want to be an Auburn Tiger you can tell me now. And then I went to tell Coach Tuberville."

Chitty grew up a fan of SEC foe Florida rather than Auburn, but early in the recruiting process he started grow to love the Tigers.

"Ever since they started recruiting me I've liked them," he said. "When I went up to camp there, everything went lovely and mostly it was the environment. The coaches treat me so good and I just said it was where I needed to be."

At 6-foot-3, 177 pounds, Chitty is a fluid athlete who excels at quarterback for his high school team but could be an elite wide receiver at the next level as well. Fortunately, Auburn is open to playing the versatile athlete at whatever position he feels comfortable.

"They said they're going to play me where I want to play," he said. "It really doesn't matter to me. I want to play quarterback but if they already have a quarterback when I get there then there's not a spot for me and that's ok."

To date, Chitty has received serious recruiting interest from Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Oregon, Georgia and many more. He has received written offers from Nebraska and Duke as well as a verbal offer from Alabama over the summer. He recognizes that his versatility is his big strength.

"I can run and throw the ball, I've got speed at the receiver spots and I run smooth routes," he said. "I can do just about anything you ask."

fuk it we almost done with 09 might as well start on '10.. The Onterrio McCaleb resigning is official, just make them grades n*gga :applause:

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 09-29-2008 at 09:07 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #166
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
Top 2010 RB Eduardo Clements names a leader

Sounds like if FSU offers anytime soon he will be a Nole.

Wonder why they haven't offered

good sh*t though... Miami should be back to contending for the ACC next year... maybe this year
 9 years ago '04        #167
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
ouch

Jheranie Boyd has said the last 2 weeks that he will be in AU for the LSU and UT games... he went to other games both weekends.. at least he's not even mentioning us in the articles anymore... It will be Clemosn or Florida IMO... I can't blame him for dropping AU off his list given he watched the Tennessee and Miss State games
 09-29-2008, 09:22 PM         #168
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Johnnie Farms is a GAMECOCK!!!!!

Another solid recruiting class coming to Columbia :]
 9 years ago '04        #169
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
I was just about to post that... good pickup for South Carolina

Doesn't look like we are taking anymore O lineman after AJ Greene made the move from DE to OT pretty smoothly. We would have taken Farms but I don't think he likes what he sees from our lineman. Can't blame him. Don't get me wrong we will take B Moore if he doesn't go to Bama or Wheeler if he doesn't go to Miami or UF.
 9 years ago '05        #170
space
space
2011: Year of the Wideout

2008 was a banner year in recruiting for the wide receiver position, producing six 5-stars and eleven more at the position in the Rivals100. In fact, a number of them are already making waves as true freshmen, headlined by Georgia's A.J. Green, Alabama's Julio Jones, Southern Mississippi's DeAndre Brown, and Notre Dame's Michael Floyd. Many thought it was a rare plethora of talent at the position that would not be topped for quite a while.

However, just a few games into this new season, there's an unusual number of sophomore wide receivers emerging as legitimate 5-star candidates down the road. We take a look at some of these sophomore sensations that will be highlighting recruiting the next couple years...

Class of 2011: Wideouts

1. Charone Peake
6'3" / 178 pounds / 4.49 40 / Dorman High School / South Carolina
The quintessential new breed of receiver: Tall, fast, a basketball player who can box out any DB. Verbally offered as a freshman by Clemson and South Carolina, Peake is as close to a 5-star lock as there is at this point of the process.

2. Victor Blackwell
6'2" / 190 pounds / 4.50 40 / Mater Dei High School / California
Matt Barkley's new favorite target, Blackwell has already dominated two defenses littered with D-1 players, to the tune of 450 yards and 5 TD through 3 games. Scouts at the Centennial game said he plays like a young Terrell Owens.

3. George Farmer
6'1" / 180 pounds / 4.38 40 / Serra High School / California
Son of NFL wideout George Farmer IV, Farmer III is the rare sub-4.4 kid who already has plus size. Putting up 142 yards and 2 TD in his first two varsity games, Farmer is one of the most talented sophomores I've ever seen in person, and has the upside to be the # 1 player in this class.

4. Karlos Williams
6'0" / 187 pounds / 4.57 40 / Ridge High School / Florida
Younger brother of FSU linebacker Vince Williams, Karlos is one of the best athletes in Florida regardless of class. Already a dominant defensive back, Karlos could be recruited at five different positions, but will likely end up with the ball in his hands in college.
= NOLE LOCK

5. Kasen Williams
6'2" / 190 pounds / 4.60 40 / Skyline High School / Washington
Burst onto the scene as a freshman as Jake Heaps' big-play target. Kasen has several verbal offers, including Washington and UCLA, and has already been tagged the state's best wideout since Reggie Williams.

6. DaVaris Daniels
6'3" / 170 pounds / 4.48 40 / Vernon Hills High School / Illinois
Son of NFL defensive end Phillip Daniels, DaVaris has been the buzz of the state ever since scoring on his first two touches as a freshman. With the plus height/speed combination and bloodlines, Daniels will be the highest recruited wideout from Illinois in years.

7. Jabriel Washington
5'10" / 170 pounds / 4.45 40 / Trinity Christian High School / Tennessee
Two-way standout as a freshman, Washington was verbally offered as a freshman by a number of high-major powers. Washington has tremendous COD ability and will likely play wideout at the next level.

8. Shamir Jeffrey
6'2" / 179 pounds / 4.55 40 / Calhoun County High School / South Carolina
Younger brother of current elite wideout Alshon Jeffrey, Shamir is a standout on the basketball court, and according to Alshon, the superior athlete of the two. Shamir has several TD catches halfway through his season.

9. Demario Coleman
6'0" / 180 pounds / 4.48 40 / Oceanside High School / California
Playing on the top team in San Diego, with a roster loaded with quality upperclassmen, Coleman has put up 462 yards and 4 TD through 3 games. Coleman is electric in the open field and should be a national recruit down the road.

10. Shane Wynn
5'8" / 160 pounds / 4.39 40 / Glenville High School / Ohio
Following in the recent line of Ted Ginn and Ray Small, Wynn is the new burner at Glenville and has dominated all competition thus far. Size may be the only thing that keeps him from future 5-star status.
 9 years ago '05        #171
space
space
Michigan doin they thing...Miller is nice

Michigan's latest commitment falls into two categories: "no surprise," and "wow!" The Wolverines pulled in yet another Florida standout, this one a junior in Orlando Dr. Phillips receiver Ricardo Miller.

Just this morning, FlaVarsity.com's Michael Langston quoted Miller as saying he'd likely commit to Michigan if offered. It's the same thing Miller's been saying for months about his favorite and his mother's alma mater, and on Monday night the speedy receiver made it official.

Miller watched over by Tony Dews at the U-M summer camp.

"I just got off the phone with Rich Rodriguez and he offered me a full ride scholarship to the University of Michigan. I decided to go ahead and commit to them right now," said Miller. "I've always dreamed of playing with the Wolverines, and it seems like right now my dreams are coming true."

"I'm just thankful that Coach Rodriguez wants me to be on his team and I actually have a chance to play with such a big, big school. There's nothing like it. 110,000 fans cheering you on – there's just so many things I can think about being with Michigan and I am just really glad I got a chance to play with the big dogs."

Miller had been saying for some time that Michigan was the team that stuck out for him. One reason there was early interest in Michigan was because his mother graduated from the university. The feeling that Michigan was where Miller wanted to be, however, was cemented after partaking in the Wolverines' summer football camp in Ann Arbor this past June.

"I have a lot of family there and my mom graduated from there, but mainly it was just the atmosphere," Miller said. I just really liked being up there and "I've got good chemistry with the coaches already. The coaches were vocal with me the whole time I was at camp and I felt like I really wanted to come back.

"With them going to the spread offense and me being a big-time receiver/tight end, I felt like I could really help the program out with their rebuilding. Michigan is struggling right now, but they won't be like that when I get up there. I feel like I'd be a big help in them winning a national championship and that would be where I could make the biggest impact at a school."

The 6-3, 203-pound Miller is a combination of size, speed, athleticism and playmaking ability at the wide receiver position. Michigan has said they will use him primarily on the outside.

"They want to put me out there by myself either at the Z or the X and just do what I do," Miller said. "I am real physical and if there is a jump ball I can go up there and get it. If there is a ball in traffic that needs to be caught, I can catch those. Basically the catches people would not expect a receiver to catch, those are the catches I make.

"I feel with me being as tall as I am and as physical as I am it's not likely for a cornerback 5-10 and 180 pounds to get physical with me and stop me. I feel every time I get on the field I am an unstoppable receiver, otherwise I wouldn't do the things I'm doing right now along with the hard work I put into it on and off the field."

Miller has been showing his big play ability this season for Dr. Phillips. Out of his six receptions on the season, four have gone for touchdowns and he has accumulated a total of 125 yards.

Prior to Michigan, Miller had been tendered offers from Florida, South Florida, Tennessee, Stanford and Central Florida. He still has 16 months before he can sign an official letter of intent, but Miller has no doubts his commitment will still be intact then.

"I feel, after tonight, there is no other school for me,' Miller said. "I felt once I got that offer, basically I'm done. I'm sticking with Michigan. This is what I have been waiting for.

"My grandparents always wanted to go up there and watch me play because they grew up watching Michigan as well. They told me if I ever got a chance to go up to Michigan and play for them, they'd definitely come and watch me play. Here's my chance right now and I'm not going to give that away."

The early commitment also frees Miller up to focus more on his final two seasons with Dr. Phillips and he plans to pick up right where he left off before the commitment.

"Just because I got the offer now, I'm not going to let up at all," he added. "I'm going to keep going as if I haven't even gotten it."
 9 years ago '04        #172
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
I didn't start keeping up with crootin til a couple years ago but has Michigan always gotten good talent from FL?? I know Florida n*ggas go everywhere cuz there's so many but Michigan seems to be in the running for a lot of top prospects in Florida this year. I'm sure RichRod and his offense has something to do with it but I was just wondering.
 9 years ago '05        #173
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
I didn't start keeping up with crootin til a couple years ago but has Michigan always gotten good talent from FL?? I know Florida n*ggas go everywhere cuz there's so many but Michigan seems to be in the running for a lot of top prospects in Florida this year. I'm sure RichRod and his offense has something to do with it but I was just wondering.
They do good but Michigan has NEVER gotten a target the big 3 wanted. I mean really wanted.
 9 years ago '06        #174
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
 UknowWhatItIs said:
I was just about to post that... good pickup for South Carolina

Doesn't look like we are taking anymore O lineman after AJ Greene made the move from DE to OT pretty smoothly. We would have taken Farms but I don't think he likes what he sees from our lineman. Can't blame him.

From gamecockanthem.com

Auburn was long thought to be the frontrunner for Farms' services, but in the end it was the city life of USC that appealed to the elite Peach State lineman.

"Auburn is in the country. I live in the country now. I don't want to leave the country to go and live in the country. I want to leave the country and experience the city life. I like South Carolina more than I like Auburn."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:mamoru2:

Farms tried to commit with Bama, but his a.ss waited to long like he was (Dre Kilpatrick or Rueben Randle) Saban told him we were full, as we cooled off him after Steen pulled the trigger.

USCe was Farms last choice, because UA,UGA,UF all backed off him as the season went on...
 9 years ago '04        #175
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
From gamecockanthem.com

Auburn was long thought to be the frontrunner for Farms' services, but in the end it was the city life of USC that appealed to the elite Peach State lineman.

"Auburn is in the country. I live in the country now. I don't want to leave the country to go and live in the country. I want to leave the country and experience the city life. I like South Carolina more than I like Auburn."
Can't blame him... Auburn is a pure college town... Auburn is Auburn University.. and I wouldnt want it any other way

Tubs holding up 7 is going to rip yall bama fans hearts out
 9 years ago '04        #176
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
I think he will end up at UGA but ehh

Smith Reveals his 5 Official Visits

Rivals100 athlete Branden Smith has kept things to himself for the most part throughout the recruiting process, but he is starting to open up. The elite athlete has taken many unofficial visits, he has talked to coaches across the country, he has thought things over, and he has decided who will get his five official visits.

Over 40 top programs across the country made the 5-foot-11, 170 pound speedster out of Atlanta (GA) Booker T. Washington a priority in 2009, but he can only sign with one school on February 4.

Smith wears a great number because he is #1 on many recruiting lists.
Each school that offered Smith a scholarship wanted to get him on campus for that special official visit, but he can only take five of those.

He has five schools in mind and the dates are all but set. Florida will get the first visit.

"I am going to visit Florida on October 11 when they play LSU. Then, I will visit Tennessee when they play Alabama on October 25. My third visit set is Auburn when they play Georgia on November 15, and then I will visit Clemson when they play South Carolina on November 25," said Smith.

His fifth and final official visit will go to the University of Georgia. Smith wanted to visit when UGA played Florida on November 1, but he was unaware that the visit could not take place since the game is played in a neutral site.

"UGA is getting one of my officials and I will just change the date now."

Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Clemson, and Georgia are in a position over 30 other schools wish to be at this time. They are highly thought of by the number 27 player in the country and each school will get to roll out the red carpet for one of the to recruits in America.

Even though Smith chose those five schools to get official visits, he still has not ruled anyone out just yet. He wants to cut his list at some point this fall, but all still are in the running according to the star athlete.

"This is not my top list and I am still open to everyone," Smith stated Friday morning when he released his official visit list.

All schools still have a chance according to Smith, but the five he plans to visit officially have to feel good.

The top player in Georgia plans to make his decision at the Under-Armour All-American game on January 4, 2009.
 9 years ago '05        #177
space
space
fu*k UF, fu*k Tenn, fu*k Clemson, fu*k Georgia.......hopefully he goes to AU
 9 years ago '04        #178
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Junior G said:
fu*k UF, fu*k Tenn, fu*k Clemson, fu*k Georgia.......hopefully he goes to AU
He would play immediately... Im with ya Junior

I still see him in the red black and white
 9 years ago '07        #179
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 UknowWhatItIs said:
He would play immediately... Im with ya Junior

I still see him in the red black and white
Immediately...170 lbs??? I dont think so. Speed or no speed. He would get crushed.
 9 years ago '06        #180
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
Branden Smith will end up with UGA. Alot of teams are getting their hopes up with this kid
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
157 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now