NCAA Football Recruiting Thread

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #121
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,083 | Props total: 6981 6981
Cornerback Eric Gordon shakes up top four
Eric Gordon told ESPN affiliate Web site CrimsonConfidential.com that Alabama, Miami-FL, Tennessee and Oklahoma are on top of his list.
"Those are my top four schools right there. I like Georgia too - but not too much," said the No. 17-rated cover man.
Gordon had previously included the Texas Longhorns with his group of favorites. South Florida was also thought to be in the mix.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Eight schools sitting pretty with Jamal Patterson
Under Armour All-American wide receiver Jamal Patterson has Clemson, South Carolina, Stanford, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Central Florida and Tennessee out in front, the Spartanburg Herald-Journal reports.

Patterson has previously stated he intends to officially visit Stanford and Central Florida. The ESPNU 150 prospect has not identified a leader.

Over 40 programs have extended offers to Patterson, who posted 933 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns during his junior year.

Demond Dennis has Auburn out in front
Running back Demond Dennis is currently favoring the Tigers, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Dennis naturally would like to officially visit Auburn, but has also named Illinois as a potential destination.
Alabama, Central Florida, Miami-OH, East Carolina and Western Kentucky have also offered the 5-foot-9, 188-pounder.
Last season, Dennis rushed for 1,605 yards and scored 13 touchdowns.
ESPNU 150 athlete Kevin Newsome decommits from Michigan
ESPNU 150 Athlete / quarterback Kevin Newsome of Hargrave Military Academy, Va., has decommitted from the Michigan Wolverines and re-opened his recruiting.
Newsome, originally from Chesapeake, Va., had picked the Wolverines over offers from Virginia Tech, Virginia, Penn State, Wake Forest, West Virginia and North Carolina, among others. He is still considering Michigan.
Newsome rushed for more than 600 yards and passed for over 1,500 as a junior.
Michigan already has a commitment from Rider (Wichita Falls, Texas) quarterback Shavodrick Beaver and plan on taking at least two quarterbacks in Class 2009. The Wolverines are also recruiting two other ESPNU 150 quarterbacks in Tate Forcier of Scripps Ranch (San Diego, Calif.) and Eugene Smith of Miramar, Fla.

Under Armour WR Jheranie Boyd sets top five
ESPNU 150 wide receiver Jheranie Boyd has trimmed his list down to Auburn, Clemson, Florida, North Carolina and N.C. State, ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com reports.

Boyd commented specifically on one program, "Auburn runs the same exact spread offense that I am running now. My coach went down to Troy to get this offense (from Franklin), so I'd already pretty much know everything that they are talking about and would be able to pick up on everything quickly."

As a junior, Boyd used his 10.45 100-meter speed to post 47 catches for 1,051 yards (22.3 average) and 11 touchdowns.

23rd pledge for Auburn Tigers, Jonathan Atchison
One of the South's top linebacker prospects, Jonathan Atchison has chosen Auburn over Alabama.
Among his other offers are Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, Rutgers, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Central Florida, Maryland, Purdue and West Virginia.

He told ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com, "I'm going to Auburn. It's where I've always wanted to go."

As a junior, Atchison recorded 112 tackles and 12 sacks while also catching 14 passes for 370 yards and five touchdowns.
 9 years ago '05        #122
pwayne 19 heat pts19
space
space
$4,140 | Props total: 0 0
Morgan Newton committed to Kentucky this morning.
 9 years ago '06        #123
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
 P. Dedos said:
auburn is putting together a nice class

Atchinson was a nice pickup for Auburn, Alot of people thought he was going to Bama, but with our Linebacker position will have him sitting for awhile with all the people we sign, so him going to Auburn isnt a bad choice.

Desmond Dennis will probably end up at Auburn as well, I think he is more suited for the Spread Offense, and I would take Alabama off that list, we have cooled down on him everysince we picked up Trent Richardson, We are loaded at RB as well...
 9 years ago '04        #124
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 Junior G said:
23rd pledge for Auburn Tigers, Jonathan Atchison
One of the South's top linebacker prospects, Jonathan Atchison has chosen Auburn over Alabama.
Among his other offers are Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, Rutgers, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Central Florida, Maryland, Purdue and West Virginia.

He told ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com, "I'm going to Auburn. It's where I've always wanted to go."

As a junior, Atchison recorded 112 tackles and 12 sacks while also catching 14 passes for 370 yards and five touchdowns.
OOOOOUUUUUCCCHHH! "LMAO".. "6"

We will take Boyd all day, but no more small WRs. We won't take anymore unless it is Boyd, J. patterson or Kendall Kelly. I thought we were in great shape with patterson early on but due to all the early commits we won't have room. I'll take Boyd over the other 2 anyways.

Oh yea BTW Grain ... Farms >>>> Warmack and I seriously doubt AU is "mad" at him they just realized they didn't have a chance with him so they focused elsewhere ... and all that sh*t u been saying about Farms being bammer all the way a little while back does not seem to be true at all. If there is a team to beat for him it seems to be Auburn. I'm also liking AU's chances with Jamar Travis A LOT. Also that Atchison commitment may help us with Branden Smith (I think he is UGA bound though) and Darren Myles (they all good friends):dancingcool: I don't think we will have room for Dennis whether Rodney Scott decommits or not. Onterrio McCaleb (4 * RB from the 08 class) is re-signing with us for the 09 class. On our Rivals Hot Board he is listed under those with a 15% chance or less so

Remember this name for the next few years: Eltoro Freeman (5 star Juco LB according to Scout who is re-signing with AU after beasting on n*ggas in JUCO)

Our other JUCO commits are all beasts too.
Wilfred Journet, Nick Fairley and Cameron Kenney are all 4 stars on scout. fu*k a star though I trust the AU coaching staff.

I cant wait til this season when we actually put points on the scoreboard... oh yea by the way the D will not lose a step.

n*ggas saying we gon fall off no time soon my n*ggas

Here we come ATL!

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 08-21-2008 at 07:04 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #125
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
auburn is putting together a nice class

very nice class... but we all know sh*t happens between now and February. I'm looking for big things from Miami in the next couple years.

If we land Boyd :agreement6: to Tony Franklin. On scout he gives the indication that Clemson and UF are top 2 w/ AU,UNC and NC St. rounding out the top 5. Its crazy how when Franklin came to AU, skill players from all around the country became interested in Auburn..... Hiring Franklin IMO is the best coaching hire Tuberville has made in his 10 years at AU. We were known as a 3 downs and a cloud of dust/special teams type team but now we should put up A LOT more points and give the D more rest during games.

I am not worried about the QB situation too much (sure I'd like more SEC experience but it's not like the LSU QB situation). Burns and Todd are going to beast. Todd is going to be a stud in the spread offense and I expect him to be named the starter even though Burns will play plenty in every game (especially in the red zone).

Auburn and Alabama should both have excellent classes for 09. All bias aside Alabama will have the higher ranking b/c they should land all the blue chippers in Alabama (K. Kelly, Kirkpatrick and Nico). Still not sure about Tana Patrick. I'm going to say UGA, if not there Auburn (maybe Bama but they seem to have a good amount of real good young LBs). Petey Smith better go on and commit to play with big bro (Eric Smith has been beasting in fall camp). Oh yea we bringing in Montez Robinson from Indiana... fall back Alabama and Georgia. Terry Price got him on lockdown.

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 08-21-2008 at 07:06 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #126
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Dunno if Junior has reported it but Rodney Scott has a new top 3: Auburn, Ole Miss and South Carolina.

I think he either stays with AU or goes 2 South Carolina. If Nutt takes 2 RBs from us in 2 years fuk him.
 9 years ago '05        #127
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
Dunno if Junior has reported it but Rodney Scott has a new top 3: Auburn, Ole Miss and South Carolina.

I think he either stays with AU or goes 2 South Carolina. If Nutt takes 2 RBs from us in 2 years fuk him.
FSU's not gonna offer, he'd commit on the spot if FSU/ or UF offered him
 9 years ago '06        #128
Against D Grain 
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
OOOOOUUUUUCCCHHH! "LMAO".. "6"

Oh yea BTW Grain ... Farms >>>> Warmack and I seriously doubt AU is "mad" at him they just realized they didn't have a chance with him so they focused elsewhere ... and all that sh*t u been saying about Farms being bammer all the way a little while back does not seem to be true at all. If there is a team to beat for him it seems to be Auburn. I'm also liking AU's chances with Jamar Travis A LOT. Also that Atchison commitment may help us with Branden Smith (I think he is UGA bound though) and Darren Myles (they all good friends):dancingcool: I don't think we will have room for Dennis whether Rodney Scott decommits or not. Onterrio McCaleb (4 * RB from the 08 class) is re-signing with us for the 09 class. On our Rivals Hot Board he is listed under those with a 15% chance or less so !

I believe you guys will land Farms as well, Beginning of the summer I would have said Farms all the way, the way he stayed in T-Town, but truth of the matter is when we had our lineman camp this summer, stories have it Farms did okay overall, but got worked by Anythony Steen, so Steen moved up our board, and went on and committed after we offered. I think he's our last lineman Saban going to pickup unless Moses commits. Highly Unlikely. But we cooled off on Farms weeks ago, So has the Gators

Last edited by Against D Grain; 08-21-2008 at 10:16 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #129
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
I believe you guys will land Farms as well, Beginning of the summer I would have said Farms all the way, the way he stayed in T-Town, but truth of the matter is when we had our lineman camp this summer, stories have it Farms did okay overall, but got worked by Anythony Steen, so Steen moved up our board, and went on and committed after we offered. I think he's our last lineman Saban going to pickup unless Moses commits. Highly Unlikely. But we cooled off on Farms weeks ago, So has the Gators
Thats whats up... Yea Alabama should have a real nice class as far as the OL/DL go... throw in woodson,TR,DF,DK,KK,NJ and yall are set

Nall likes Farms to take Tyronne Greenes spot in the next 2 years if he goes to AU... He is more suited for our offense than say the WCO ... I think he should be a really good guard especially if Nall is his coach
 9 years ago '04        #130
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
your landing boyd... and boyd did say he wanted to play with porter and if i miami offered they would at the top... we havent offered tho

and boyd is a top 5 Wideout this year IMO

so the only explanation for miami not offering boyd is because we feel we have a great shot at getting randle and/or debose

and we do :applause:
I think we land him also due to all the early commits and a bunch of WRs wanting to play in the Franklin system (and we only have 1 spot left if its Boyd or one of the others I mentioned)... he is announcing October 10th between AU, Clemson, UF, UNC and NC State.... Our offense has looked a lot better than our D in the scrimmages (some of it had to do with defenders not being able to leave their feet to tackle) and that has not been the case at AU in many years.... and no the defense will not change.. It wll still be a top 10-15 D in the country... we are deep along the front 7, very deep ... A Savage was a big loss but that always happens he will be back next year beastin

What yall Florida n*ggas think about R Scott... I dont see him getting a UF or FSU offer... im going with USC east for some reason.. theyve built a lot of momentum in recruiting over the last month or so... i'll take him but I wish he would de-commit and re-open his recruitment... perfect back for the spread though

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 08-22-2008 at 02:28 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #131
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,332 | Props total: 11374 11374
Man I hope the Gators can pull Boyd. He's the best option we have for a taller receiver this year. I know he likes us but he could be using us like his homie Porter did to get a Miami offer. Maybe after we beat the sh*t out of the U on the second weekend of the season some of these dumbass kids sitting the fence between the two schools will realize Florida is the best place to be but to be fair half these kids are retards.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 08-22-2008 at 06:56 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #132
space
space
Arizona grabs sleeper outside linebacker Taniela Maka
Taniela Maka committed to sign with the Wildcats over a scholarship offer from New Mexico Thursday night, according to ESPN affiliate Web site WildcatSportsReport.com.
Maka stated that Arizona was his "dream school" and that he was "thrilled with the decision."

ESPNU 150 OLB Jon Bostic names 11 contenders
Jon Bostic is now only considering USC, LSU, Florida, Miami-FL, Florida State, Auburn, Clemson, Alabama, West Virginia, South Carolina and Central Florida, the Palm Beach Post reports.
The highly touted outside linebacker is currently holding 27 total scholarship offers.

Bostic "is a fan" of all four in-state head coaches and has been "impressed" with LSU head man Les Miles and USC linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr.

The No. 103-rated overall player and No. 9-rated outside linebacker intends to graduate from Palm Beach Central (Fla.) early and enroll at his school of choice in January 2009.

Additionally, the 6-foot-1, 218-pound prospect has dealt with back and ankle injuries over the last two seasons but hopes to play pain-free this fall. He's been fitted for inserts in his shoes to counter his flat feet.

Jon's father, Jon Bostic Sr., played at Bethune Cookman before moving on to the NFL and has naturally served as his sons advisor during the recruiting process.

Jerimy Finch receives waiver to play in 2008 for Hoosiers
Former Gator Jerimy Finch, who transfered home to Indiana, was granted a waiver on Thursday by the NCAA allowing him to suit up for the 2008 season, writes the Indianapolis Star.
Finch was moved to linebacker with the Gators but is expected to compete for a starting safety spot, the position he played as an ESPN 150 recruit out of Warren Central (Indianapolis, Ind.) as part of the Class of 2007, with the Hoosiers.

Under Armour defensive end Craig Roh sets visit No. 1
ESPNU 150 member Craig Rob, the nation's No. 5-rated defensive end, will to travel to Ann Arbor, Mich. to attend the Wolverines season opener against the Utah Utes, ESPN's Craig Habuert reports.

Kayvon Webster has three vists on his mind
Athlete Kayvon Webster plans to visit South Carolina on Sept. 13th,LSU on Oct. 25th and Miami-FL sometime in November, according to his high school coach Alvin Slaughter, ESPN affiliate InsideTheU.com reports.

It appears that the Hurricanes and Tigers are out in front. His father said, "He would have probably committed to Miami by now if he didn't have such a good time at the LSU camp."
 9 years ago '05        #133
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
i hope les can pull Bostic. we thin at linebacker and can use all the depth we can get.
 9 years ago '04        #134
1000bluntz 
space
space
 K.B. said:
i hope les can pull Bostic. we thin at linebacker and can use all the depth we can get.
That boy Bostic all Florida.
 9 years ago '06        #135
Against D Grain 
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
What yall Florida n*ggas think about R Scott... I dont see him getting a UF or FSU offer... im going with USC east for some reason.. theyve built a lot of momentum in recruiting over the last month or so... i'll take him but I wish he would de-commit and re-open his recruitment... perfect back for the spread though
From what I hear about Scott is that we wants to play for one of the big schools in Florida, I am not sure, but I think neither UF FSU or UM have offered him as of now. I also heard that he could end up at South Florida as well, but thats what I am hearing about the Scott. I don't think he will get what he wants unless he has a Big Time Senior Year, I think its between Auburn & USF when its all said and done, unless he steps his game up..
 9 years ago '04        #136
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Greenwood, S.C. safety D.J. Swearinger has known for a long time that he wanted to wear Tennessee orange. He grew up a fan of the Volunteers and when he picked up a Tennessee offer this summer, he picked up the opportunity to make a dream come true. On Saturday afternoon, Swearinger completed that dream and committed to Tennessee.

Swearinger is a versatile and instinctual safety.
"I had wanted to commit last Saturday when I was going to be on campus for their scrimmage and I was going to commit then," Swearinger said. "Something happened and I didn't go and I just went ahead and committed this Saturday. I called Coach Slade, the defensive back coach and we talked for a while and I told him I had some good news and that I wanted to commit to Tennessee. He was getting really excited and stuff."

Along with Coach Slade, Swearinger also talked to Coach Dan Brooks and finally Coach Phil Fulmer.

"Coach Fulmer seemed like he was the most excited about the commitment of all the coaches," he said. "We talked about 25 minutes and we had a great conversation and he just said to give all the coaches a call and let them know about the commitment."

Though the commitment almost came a week earlier, that does not quite tell the story of how long he has been seriously considering the Vols. In fact, his recruitment effectively ended the minute that Tennessee offer came.

"Tennessee, they've been my childhood favorite since I've been coming up and I've been telling people I wanted to get that offer," he said. "That day that offer came that pretty much ended my recruitment but I wanted to take some visits and see if there were some other schools that would interest me. My visit was very nice, the coaches, the players. I watched film with Coach Slade and how they used the safeties. I can see myself there the next four years of my life."

At 5-foot-11, 192 pounds, Swearinger is a hard-hitting safety with great instincts and hips, showing the ability to cover receivers one-on-one at the Chapel Hill Nike Camp. His commitment to the Volunteers came despite loads of other offers and opportunities.

"It was pretty much Tennessee and everybody else but if anyone had a chance with Tennessee it would be North Carolina and then South Carolina had a small chance."

Swearinger will be taking an official visit to Tennessee and while he hasn't ruled out taking other visits, he has no more in mind at this point.

Swearinger is a three-star prospect for Rivals.com and the No. 28 safety in the nation.

UT on a roll... bunch of real solid 3 stars (no jokes either)
 9 years ago '04        #137
1000bluntz 
space
space
I just heard a rumor that one of the Seminole Trio (DeBose, Dye, Armstrong) was badly injured and is in the hospital with a potential career ending injury. Hopefully it's just a rumor because that would be terrible to see a kid's career end before it even starts.
 9 years ago '05        #138
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
I just heard a rumor that one of the Seminole Trio (DeBose, Dye, Armstrong) was badly injured and is in the hospital with a potential career ending injury. Hopefully it's just a rumor because that would be terrible to see a kid's career end before it even starts.
injured during the game?
 9 years ago '04        #139
1000bluntz 
space
space
 Junior G said:
injured during the game?
Not sure, details haven't been release. I just heard that it probably isn't career ending but one of them did get hurt, again no names have been said yet.
 9 years ago '05        #140
space
space
WR Jamal Patterson headed to Pac-10
ESPNU 150 receiver Jamal Patterson, rated No.16 receiver in the Class of 2009, has committed to coach Jim Harbaugh and Stanford over Central Florida and Florida.

Over 50 programs have offered the Under Armour All-American, including Clemson, South Carolina, Auburn, Alabama, and Tennessee, among many others.

The 6-foot-2 prospect had 43 receptions for 933 yards and 11 touchdowns during his junior year.

Teammate says Craig Loston still looking around
Oklahoma pledge, wide receiver Jaz Reynolds of Eisenhower (Houston, Texas) informed ESPN affiliate Web site OUInsider.com that No. 1-rated safety and Clemson commit Craig Loston will consider the Sooners along with LSU and Texas.
Reynolds has become the unofficial recruiter of the Under Armour All-American for the Sooners.

Quarterback Nick Fanuzzi leaving Crimson Tide
Sophomore signal-caller Nick Fanuzzi has left the football team with intentions to transfer, ESPN affiliate CrimsonConfidential.com reports.
Fanuzzi signed with Alabama as the No. 20-rated quarterback out of Churchill (San Antonio, Texas) in 2007, but has fallen to No. 5 on the position's depth chart.
The 6-foot-3, 201-pounder appeared in just one game last fall, the season-opener against Western Carolina.

Illini collect St. Augustine linebacker
Darryl Lee has given Illinois a Class 2009 verbal commitment.

Recruited as a linebacker, Lee picked the Illini over South Florida, West Virginia, Louisville, Kentucky and Indiana.

Illinois now has 13 pledges

Little Rock kicker headed to Rebels
Tyler Campbell of Catholic HS, Ark., who averaged 44 yards on punts as a junior, has given a commitment to sign a Class 2009 scholarship offer from Mississippi.
The Rebels now have nine pledges.

Defensive end Montez Robinson could return to Alabama
Montez Robinson, who lived in Alabama before moving to Indiana, told ESPN affiliate Web site AuburnUndercover.com that he'll pick either The Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers or Georgia Bulldogs in February.
Additionally, it appears that Robinson has checked out the depth charts of his final schools.
He said, "I know Georgia has got a pretty good stock of defensive ends. Alabama, they really don't have the defensive end/linebacker types. Neither does Auburn."

Robinson is slated to visit Auburn on Sept. 13th for its clash with the defending BCS National Champion LSU Tigers.
A visit to Tuscaloosa, Ala. could be in the works for after the Tide's season.

Vols nab Palmetto State safety D.J. Swearinger
D.J. Swearinger, who resides just outside the ESPNU 150, has committed to sign with Tennessee, according to affiliate Web site TheBigSpur.com's J.C. Shurburtt.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago