Phat ass white girl for real
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #101
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
Also Corrico Hawkins will choose either UF or Clemson. My guess is Clemson.
 9 years ago '05        #102
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,075 | Props total: 6974 6974
4 star Texas RB Christine Michael is down to LSU and Texas A&M with the Tigers holding a slight lead right now. He will make his choice in the next few weeks.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Emmanuel Yeager switches to Louisville
After recently committing to Central Michigan, quarterback Emmanuel Yeager has changed his mind and will play for Louisville.
The 6-foot-2, 190-pound prospect also has offers from Akron, Eastern Michigan and Ohio.

He spoke with the Courier-Journal about his change of heart, "It was the right fit. They have a quarterback history there."
"And they run a spread offense, so it won't be too big of an adjustment to what I run in high school."

Yeager passed for 1,706 yards and 11 touchdowns as a junior. He added 428 yards and three touchdowns on the ground.

Shayon Green heading north to play for Purdue
Defensive end Shayon Green committed to sign with the Boilermakers on Wednesday, the Tifton Gazette reports.
He commented on the decision, "I can get an education in what I want to study (physical therapy), and I think I could get a chance to play as a true freshman."

Dean Haynes picks the Pack
North Carolina State has its seventh commitment in Dean Haynes of Northwest Whitfield HS, Ga.
Recruited as a cornerback, Haynes has offers from East Carolina, Middle Tennessee State, UAB and Army.

He told the Daily Citizen, "I'm on cloud nine. I feel great because I don't have any more worries, no more pressure and I got the scholarship I wanted. It just feels like all my work's paid off."
Haynes continued, "They were the top school. As soon as I went to camp, I just fell in love with everything there. They pretty much blew everyone out of the water... the facilities, the way they treated me, and I really liked (defensive backs coach Mike Reed), he was real cool. I just liked everything about it."
"Additionally, it looks like he is completely sold on the Wolfpack, "I don't think other schools will back off, but it would take a lot to change my mind about N.C. State. I don't think anybody really could change my mind."

Last season, Haynes registered 99 tackles and seven interceptions earning his second all-area selection.
 9 years ago '04        #103
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Article on Giddins today... FSU back in the mix

Giddins is All Business on the Field

Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com

Talk about it in The Front Line
Armwood DE Ryne Giddins could be best described as goofy, unique or even a comedian when it comes to his personality. However, when it comes to his actions on the football field, Giddins is an absolute beast that hasn't been tamed. The FV five-star DE spoke with FlaVarsity.com earlier tonight. He told us about his recent visit to North Carolina, his upcoming official and unofficial visits and familiar team reentering the list of his favorites.

Armwood's Ryne Giddins will choose between seven schools
If you talk about domination at the defensive end position in Florida the conversation should end and probably begin with Armwood DE Ryne Giddins.

"It's hard to explain when I get out there on the football field, but it really just comes down to instincts and really getting after it. You have to believe on every snap you're going to make that play," explained Giddins. "Off the field, I'm just a goofy guy, but that's always been my personality I can't really explain it."

As a junior, Giddins was one of the more feared pass rushers not only in Florida but in the country as he finished his junior year with 98 tackles, 21 for loss of yards and an amazing 21 sacks. His first step is one of the reasons college coaches all over the country are drooling over his talents. However, they might have to wait a while. The 6-foot-4, 235 pound end isn't in a hurry to make his final choice.

"At this point I'm really just getting to know the coaches because with each school I want to make sure that the coaches are all going to be there and are a stable coaching staff. I'm looking for a school that has a good history at my position and one that I have a solid relationship with the staff," replied Giddins.

Originally, that list consisted of six lucky teams South Florida, North Carolina, Clemson, USC, Florida and Auburn. However, that list expanded by one more. It is a school that had originally been strongly in mix.

"Yes, I'm down to seven schools now. Florida State is back in it. There were some problems getting in touch with each other, but I just wanted to know how interested they were in me. I talked with FSU a.ssistant coach Lawrence Dawsey and he just mentioned how they wanted me badly on the defensive line. I know I'm definitely going to visit FSU, but I just need to work out the dates. I've always liked Florida State because of how aggressive their defense plays. I grew up liking them and that was one of the main reasons why. As I mentioned before, this is just the time where I can get to know a lot of the coaches for different schools better."

Before his most recent contact with Florida State, Giddins got a chance to take a closer look at another one of his favorites in North Carolina. He was accompanied by teammates Mywan Jackson and Angelo Hadley.

"It was a really good visit. We got a chance to hang out with the players there at North Carolina and just take in all the facilities. I thought everything went pretty well and I was also impressed in how focused the school was on academics."

In addition to the North Carolina visit, Giddins also took unofficial visits to South Florida and FSU. The talented defensive end also informed FV that at this time he doesn't really have a favorite and that the visits could have a big impact in determining his final choice.

I'm looking for a school that has a good history at my position and one that I have a solid relationship with the staff.

"I'm open to everyone at this point. I know I'm going to take my unofficial visits to the teams in-state but all of my five official visits will be to out-of-state schools because it's the only chance I'll get to see them. That's pretty much where things are at right now in regards to recruiting," Giddins said.

As far as the upcoming season goes, Giddins and his Armwood teammates are ready to make a strong charge towards a State Championship appearance in Orlando late in December. Just last week, FV named the Hawks as the top team in Florida and with good reason when you consider the Hawks return a stellar defensive front, not to mention plenty of weapons on the offensive side of the ball.

"Our offense is going to be really dangerous this year. We moved to the spread and this team has some very good speed. This season I think the receivers are also catching the ball better and everyone is really all on the same page in what we need to accomplish."

Giddins also talked about that incredible defensive line that Armwood returns. With big playmakers in the trenches, does that take any pressure off Giddins?

"Yes and no. I mean it's good you have talent along the line, but you can't rest just because you know the talent is there. I have to play my game and those guys will have to do the same. I think one of the more underrated qualities of our defensive line is that we are just all power. Everyone on our line can run a 4.7 forty so speed is also a big part of what we do."

Speaking of big games, Giddins probably has one game particularly circled and it just so happened to be home of one of his biggest performances in matching up with Plant and FV five-star quarterback Aaron Murray. Last year, Giddins racked up an amazing and eye popping eight sacks against the talented quarterback. However, as Giddins explains this rivalry is about winning and losing.

"That game is going to be intense I'll tell you that. You can't help but get really pumped up for that one. The difference in that game just comes down to who wants it more. Do we want it, or does Plant?
 9 years ago '04        #104
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
:wow: 8 sacks on Murray last year

our chances aren't good but damn if we could get this n*gga Terry price will get him to the league no question
 9 years ago '05        #105
space
space
uh ohhh shouldn't of let us back in
 9 years ago '08        #106
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,354 | Props total: 1167 1167
Linebacker drawing national attention

Seventeen with rock-star-like status.
Advertisement

Such is the life of Punahou School senior Manti Te'o. An Advertiser all-state linebacker last season, he is a preseason all-American by national outlets that rank college football prospects this season. He is the fifth-ranked prospect by and sixth by ESPNU's top 150. He is the top-ranked linebacker by both.

The La'ie family's mailbox, as well as Punahou's athletic department's, is deluged with recruiting letters from top 25 schools and others.

He has highlights documented on YouTube, the Internet video Web site.

The New York Times has asked that he do a weekly journal.

"Honestly, this is overwhelming for us," said Brian Te'o, Manti's father. "We planned to work hard to get him to be somewhat marketable so hopefully he could land a scholarship somewhere. We didn't know it would blow up into what it is today. I really think it's because he has been blessed."

As of yesterday, there were 31 or 32 offers. It's to the point where Manti has lost count. Brigham Young and Southern California were the first two to offer him. And that was when he was a sophomore. But he can just about name his school. Also offering are Notre Dame, Stanford, Colorado, Tennessee, UCLA and Hawai'i, to name just a few.

"My parents and I thought it would be what the other Kahuku (area) kids get, BYU and UH," Manti said. "I'm not saying that's bad or anything, but that's all we knew was BYU and UH. Suddenly, all these other colleges started coming in."

A hint of what was to come came during the summer between his eighth- and ninth-grade years. He attended the All-Poly football camp in Utah. It's common for players, including a number from Hawai'i, to hone their skills and market themselves to college coaches who work the camp.

The camp was split into JV and varsity players. Manti did drills with the JV players, but when scrimmages began, one of the camp coaches had him with the varsity, much to the surprise of Brian Te'o. But it was the coach who was surprised the most when the father said his son was going to be a freshman.

"He said, 'What?' " Brian Te'o said.

"That's how it all started."

Manti said being thrown in with the older players was a blessing.

"It showed how strong they were and how weak I was and how slow I was and how fast I needed to be," he said. "It really woke me up."

But the family's marketing plan to get him to college took a detour. After attending Punahou from seventh to eight grade, Manti wanted to return to Kahuku, claiming homesickness. He played on the Red Raiders' junior varsity as freshman. But soon he realized where he belonged.

"I had to make a decision," Manti said. "This was my future."

He returned to Punahou for his sophomore year and started on the varsity. He hasn't looked back since.

"It was the first time in his young life that he made a decision of something important," Brian Te'o said.

And while Manti's athletic achievements have been well-documented, he has been carrying himself proudly off it. He is maintaining a 3.2 grade point average and will be under review this fall to become an Eagle Scout.

He said his mother Ottilia and his younger sisters — BrieAnne and Tiare, who will be a junior and freshman, respectively, at Punahou — keep him on his toes academically. Manti said his two sisters do well in the classroom.

The big question, of course, is where will Manti pick for college. He and his father have agreed to narrow the choices to five — he can take up to five expense-paid recruiting trips — about the time classes begin at Punahou in a couple of weeks. He doesn't want to keep other schools waiting for his decision when they could be using his offer for another player. Plus, he wants to keep phone calls to a more manageable level.

Manti is Mormon, so the school he picks must be sensitive to a two-year mission he plans to take after his freshman year.

He wants to major in architecture or engineering, so he is looking for schools strong in those areas.

And, of course, he's looking for the obvious.

"I want to be part of a pretty strong football program ... that has the ability to get me to the next level."

While some Hawai'i high school players have already made verbal commitments, including two of his classmates, Manti said he will likely make his decision on signing day in February.

Manti also will have other decisions to make. He plans on playing basketball, but said he will leave that up to the coach because he knows he will miss practice and games because of recruiting trips and a commitment to play in the UnderArmour All-America game in Florida in January. The game features the top recruits in the country.

Through all the attention or distractions, Manti has held up as well as one could expect from a 17-year-old, Punahou coach Kale Ane said. This is the most attention a Punahou football player has had since the school's last prep All-America selection, defensive lineman Jason Ching (1996), who went to Notre Dame.

Ane knows the media requests and the recruiting calls can be taxing on Manti, but he leaves it up to the player to know when to say when.

"It's important to his future to get these things (his story) out," Ane said of media requests for Manti's time.

Manti said he leaves the recruiting requests from coaches to his father.

"He relieves a lot of the pressure so I can stay focused and grounded." Manti said.

While the attention around him can be overwhelming, Manti remains grounded. He credits his parents.

"It's a great tribute to my dad and mom for the dedication and sacrifice that they put in," he said.
 9 years ago '04        #107
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
**Frisco (Texas) Centennial four-star QB Ryan Mossakowski was informed last month that Auburn was only planning on taking one QB in this class, Raymond Cotton. As a result, Mossakowski is now down to just three schools: Alabama, Texas A&M and Kentucky. From what I’ve been told, Texas A&M may be full at the position as well, and Alabama has A.J. McCarron already committed. It will be interesting to see where Mossakowski ends up, but of the three remaining, Kentucky looks like the most likely.

**Plano (Texas) ATH Rex Burkhead was very impressed with his visit to Auburn and left with the Tigers high on his board. Look for Burkhead to return in the fall for an official visit, a.ssuming Auburn has room for him.

**Sources close to Perry (Ga.) four-star Johnnie Farms say that Auburn continues to look good with the OG. Farms has even been seen sporting an Auburn shirt under his shoulder pads during practice.

**Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage four-star OL Jared Wheeler is looking to take an official visit to Auburn in the fall. No date has been set up, but one is in the works.

Also Johnathan Atchison (LB out of ATL) will be choosing between Auburn and Alabama. He and Branden Smith are good friends ,now if only we can bring em in the weekend of the LSU game

Montez Robinson will take 3 official visits to AU, UA and UGA and then decide. He is coming to Auburn the weekend of the LSU game. I think we are the team to beat. He loves DE coach Terry Price.

Sorry Moss, but Cotton is going to be a baller. Moss will be a good one, just not at Auburn. Its looking like Kentucky.

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 08-08-2008 at 09:55 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #108
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
HUGE pickup for Kentucky... Rich Brooks is a good coach

***BREAKING NEWS*** Cats Get Their QB!

Larry Vaught of KSR has learned that Ryan Mossakowski, the four-star quarterback from Texas, has verbally committed to the Kentucky Wildcats.

Ryan Mossakowski has verbally committed to play for Rich Brooks' Kentucky Wildcats. Mossakowski picked Kentucky over Auburn, Texas A&M and Alabama.

The 6-foot-4 Texas passed for 3,029 yards last season and 19 touchdowns for Centennial High School in Frisco.

Stay with the Kentuky Sports Report for further information on this breaking story.
 08-09-2008, 10:12 AM         #109
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kentucky is putting together a good class..They got an underrated LB out of Georgia by the named of Qua Huzzie and are in good position to pull David Sims out of SC, who is a very good player..

We just picked up Jimmy Legree and got Chaun Gresham to change his verbal last night..We got 14 commitments and now the focus shifts to our big targets..I expect to see either Quintin Washington, Duane Chisolm, or Derrick Lott to be our next verbal..Maybe Stephon Gilmore.
 9 years ago '04        #110
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Darkside Ty said:
Kentucky is putting together a good class..They got an underrated LB out of Georgia by the named of Qua Huzzie
A lot like Tray Blackmon

same high school, both not big but can fly and will hit
 9 years ago '04        #111
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Darkside Ty said:

We just picked up Jimmy Legree and got Chaun Gresham to change his verbal last night..We got 14 commitments and now the focus shifts to our big targets..I expect to see either Quintin Washington, Duane Chisolm, or Derrick Lott to be our next verbal..Maybe Stephon Gilmore.
USC gon have a nice class..... again

There might be 8-9 SEC teams with a top 25 class this year :agreement6:
 9 years ago '04        #112
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
DeRon Furr was an All-State player at Carver High in Georgia in 2007, and he enrolled early at Auburn, going through off-season workouts and spring ball with the Tigers. This past week Furr decided to leave Auburn, and now is looking at several schools to transfer to. Word is Florida State is an option, so NoleDigest spoke to him to see where the Noles are with him at this time.

DeRon Furr enrolled early at Auburn with the hope that he’d be able to go through the Tigers’ spring practice to earn the starting quarterback position in the fall. After going through the spring, the coaches decided to move the former two-way standout to safety, a position he played in high school. After a few practices Furr had a falling out with some teammates, thus deciding to make the move to leave the program for other opportunities. Over the past week several schools have been mentioned as possible destinations, including Florida State, so NoleDigest spoke to DeRon to clear up some of the gossip and to see what the next step is for the talented athlete. Furr says that he’s ready to move on, and that he has several options to choose from at this time.

“I’m just ready to move on to move on from what happened at Auburn,” said Furr. “Right now I am looking for some place that makes me happy and that is a right fit. I’m looking at Florida State, Memphis, Miami, UAB and a lot of schools right now. The problem is that most are at their max scholarship number so now I’m just waiting to see how things unfold.”

DeRon told NoleDigest that the experience at Auburn wasn’t all bad, as it helped him mature as an adult and as a college student. He says he appreciates the opportunity Auburn gave him, but it just didn’t work out.

“I was doing okay there,” said Furr about his time at Auburn. “I’m happy the coaches there gave me an opportunity and I learned a lot about things that I can take with me as I move on. I didn’t know a lot of stuff before I went to college so enrolling early helped me grow a lot. I was immature before I went there. I learned a lot about priorities, juggling my schedule with school and football, and all of that. It didn’t work there but I have things I can take away from them.”

There’ve been strong rumors that Florida State was the favorite to land Furr. Some recruiting services let it be known that the Seminoles weren’t a realistic choice, but Furr says that is not the case. He says that FSU is one of his top choices, if not the top. He said he’s been in talks with a few coaches at FSU and that if things work out he could become a Nole soon.

“I like FSU and I want to go there,” explained Furr. “They’ve been at their limit for some time but I was told a scholarship opened up this week. Coach Fisher and Coach Allen have been in contact with me, and they said if a scholarship comes open it’s mine. I supposed to be talking with them soon about the one that just opened up. I know that they just couldn’t take someone’s scholarship and I respect that. FSU is looking at me as a safety, and that’s what I want to stick with because that’s what I’ve been doing and I’m getting comfortable with it.”

“I like FSU because of the town and the number of schools around there,” continued Furr. “My best friend Jarmon Fortson goes there and he’s been telling me great things about it. We are very similar as people so if it fits him I think it would fit me, too.”

During the recruiting process Furr didn’t budge from his early commitment to Auburn, therefore he didn’t take any visit to check out any of the other schools that offered him. DeRon says looking back he probably should have, so he’s making sure he does it before he enrolls into another school. He says he just got back from a visit to Memphis and that a visit to FSU should come sometime this week.

“I didn’t leave my options open like I maybe should have,” stated Furr. “I should’ve taken some visits and really looked at what some other places had to offer. I just got back from Memphis. That is a school I like and it’s probably where I’ll end up if FSU doesn’t work out. If something happens to both of those Miami is next in line. The visit to Memphis was good. I like their staff a lot. One of their coaches went to my high school and played at Ohio State, so there is something familiar there. I plan on making a visit to FSU sometime soon. I’m in the process of working that out. My parents work in Atlanta so they’re tired, but we’re going to get there sometime this week.”

The visit to FSU is important to Furr because he plans on making up his final decision by the end of next week. According to the talented athlete he is f!ghting time now and wants to get things back on track.

“I am going to use the rest of this coming week to really think about where I want to go,” said Furr, “and I want to make my decision by Friday. If everything is okay at FSU and they have that scholarship for me I am going to sign all of the papers. I need to get going because I have to sit out 365 days before I can play in a game. I want to get somewhere during camp so I can get going again and not miss any games next year. I’m looking forward to getting back into school and playing the sport that I love.”

Right now it looks like FSU is the favorite to land Furr if Rodney Gallon’s scholarship is available. Stay tuned to NoleDigest as we track this situation and for an update with DeRon after a probable visit this week.
 9 years ago '05        #113
space
space
Missouri draws 6-foot-4 receiver Jaleel Clark
Jaleel Clark, who caught 51 passes for 785 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, has picked the Missouri Tigers over offers from Penn State, Pittsburgh, Connecticut and Minnesota.
The Tigers now have 14 commitments.

Hanna star picks the Wolfpack
North Carolina State picked up its 9th commitment for Class 2009 in 6-foot-3 receiver Quintin Payton over offers from Duke and Wake Forest.
Payton caught 51 passes for 822 yards and nine touchdowns as a junior.

Oden still plans on Razorbacks
Huge Anthony Oden, who signed with Arkansas in Class 2008 and failed to qualify, has enrolled at Hargrave Military Academy, Va., and recommitted to the Razorbacks. The 6-foot-8, 295 pound lineman from Indianapolis was also considering Memphis.

Former Tiger Jarvis Jones to land at Oklahoma
Offensive tackle Jarvis Jones, who originally signed with LSU as part of its Class of 2007, has transferred to Oklahoma and will begin his career with the Sooners in 2009, according to multiple sources.
Head coach Bob Stoops said via press release, "Jarvis is a talented guy who we recruited when he was in high school. We're excited that he has joined the team."
Jones appeared in seven games last fall during LSU's national title run but lost his spot this spring.

Decision looming for the Commonwealth's top player
Tight end Arthur Lynch-Fontaine, Massachusett's No.1-rated player for 2009, is expected to announce his intentions Tuesday or Wednesday, ESPN affiliate TotalUGA.com reports.
He will choose between Georgia, Boston College, Maryland and Virginia.
The one-time Eagles pledge is now believed to be favoring the Bulldogs.

James Green seriously considering the Gamecocks
South Florida pledge, wide receiver James Green, told ESPN affiliate Web site TheBigSpur.com, "There is a big chance I switch my commitment to South Carolina."
Green mentioned that he intends to official visit Columbia, S.C. for the LSU game.
Additionally, the 6-foot-2, 202-pounder mentioned that fellow Bulls commit, and close friend, Ricardo Dixon (Hallandale, Fla.), an Under Armour All-American cornerback, is also considering a switch to South Carolina.

Under Armour defensive tackle Antwan Lowery calls an audible
ESPNU 150 prospect Antwan Lowery was down to Miami and Rutgers but fellow defensive tackle Curtis Porter's (Charlotte, N.C./Victory Christian) surprise commitment to the Hurricanes has changed up his plans some.
He told affiliate Web site GatorCountry.com that Florida and Clemson are now also in the mix for his signature.
"Miami and Rutgers were my top two schools, but things happened where I saw a potential third school like Florida or Clemson where I could see myself fitting in."

Additionally, Lowery no longer plans to make his decision before the start of his senior season, "I want to take my time and be 100-percent with my commitment. I am just going to stick with my gut and see how I feel. My decision will come when I find the school that is right for me."

Hawaii gains Mililani defensive lineman
Veni Manu, a 6-foot-4, 230-pounder, has given a commitment to sign a scholarship offer from Hawaii.

He told the Honolulu Advertiser, "I'm very happy to be a Warrior. I think coach (Greg McMackin) is a great coach, and I want to play for him."
Manu continued, "UH is all I wanted. The biggest thing is I like Coach Mack as a coach and as a person. He's super cool. And staying home was another big thing."

Additionally, Veni's father, Tika Manua, played defensive end for Utah before moving onto the Miami Dolphins.
 08-11-2008, 07:07 PM         #114
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AH sh*t. If we get James Green and Ricardo Dixon...

Go get'em Steve!
 9 years ago '05        #115
space
space
Kentucky scores 16th commitment, Sam Simpson
Sam Simpson, the No. 8-rated center prospect in Class 2009, has chosen the Kentucky Wildcats over Virginia and Vanderbilt.

He said, "I just wanted to feel comfortable, and the comfort level I had with all the coaches played a big part in my decision."
"I feel like Kentucky's on the rise. As long as we keep winning games and getting top-notch guys, we'll be fun to watch for the next five or six years," the Herald-Leader reports.

From Henry Clay HS, Ky., Simpson also has offers from Tennessee, North Carolina State and Cincinnati.

Jayhawks add 6-foot-7 receiver Neal Barlow
Towering wide receiver Neal Barlow of Pulaski Academy (Little Rock, Ark.), has given a commitment to sign a scholarship offer with Kansas.

Barlow also considered Arkansas, Missouri, North Carolina, LSU and Tulsa.

He had 81 receptions for 1,164 yards (14.4 average) and 11 touchdowns during his junior season.

Badgers reach into Texas for Josh Peprah
Wisconsin has gained its first verbal from a Class 2009 defensive back in Josh Peprah of Plano-East (Plano, Tex.). The Badgers now have 12 commitments.

As expected, Arthur Lynch-Fontaine to the Bulldogs
No. 8-rated tight end Arthur Lynch-Fontaine committed to sign with Georgia Tuesday over Boston College, Maryland and Virginia, according to ESPN affiliate TotalUGA.com reports.
He said, "When it came down to it, there were too many positives and not enough negatives. I really like the whole atmosphere, the academics."
Lynch-Fontaine continued, "At first I thought the academics weren't in the same league as the other schools on my list, but as it went on I found out it's really a very good school. I love Athens. There just weren't too many negatives.

ATH Justin Green (5-10 180) of Louisville, KY has already committed to Ohio State but says that Clemson has shown a lot of interest. He hopes to get an offer from them. "Right now, I'm committed to Ohio State. I would love for Clemson to offer me though.
Morgan Alexander is a lot more than Donavan Tate’s sidekick at Cartersville.

In fact, Alexander, a speedy (4.43 seconds in the 40) running back/receiver/defensive back has scholarship offers from Arkansas, Louisville and Indiana. But he says he’s waiting on his “dream offers,” which he hopes will come this fall.

“I’m going to hold out to see if I can get some offers from Tennessee, Auburn, Florida State and Clemson,” said Alexander (6-feet, 180 pounds), a member of the AJC’s Georgia Top 150. “I like the [offers] I already have. But those are some other schools I’d really like to hear from.”

Catching up with the area's top high school football players
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
By Colin Dunlap, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

School: Thomas Jefferson

Position: TE/DE

Height: 6-5

Weight: 225

THE SKINNY: A driving force behind Thomas Jefferson's 16-0 run to WPIAL and PIAA Class AAA titles as a junior last season, DeCicco is one of this senior class' top recruits.

COLLEGE TALK: Has narrowed his list down to four schools -- Pitt, Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa.

WHY IS THOMAS JEFFERSON SO GOOD YEAR AFTER YEAR? I think it all comes down to being prepared and because of how hard coach (Bill) Cherpak works us in our summer workouts.
 9 years ago '05        #116
space
space
2011 FL RB yuh a long time but he'll be one of the best...

PAISLEY, Fla. – Marlin Lane Jr. won't have a problem making the transition from a tiny religious school with little athletic competition to one of the most consistent football powerhouses in Florida.

If he can excel at the Top Gun Showcase Camp, as he did this weekend, he can excel anywhere.

Lane, a class of 2011 running back, is moving from DeLand (Fla.) Lighthouse Christian School Academy to Daytona Beach Mainland next month, a prospect that once sounded a little intimidating. Not anymore -- not after Lane proved his worth against some of the top senior players in the country, who gathered at the All-Star Sports Training Complex in rural central Florida for the Camp.

Lane was competing in his own backyard -- Paisley is about 20 miles west of DeLand, which, in turn is about 30 miles southwest of Daytona Beach -- and he looked like it.

"If you didn't know his age, you'd say he was as mature as any of them out there," said Tony Marciano, a former NFL a.ssistant who now is director of football operations at the Complex.

Still, Marciano foresees an adjustment for Lane.

"He's going to be hit this year like he's never been hit before," he said. "It'll be like going from a junior college to a major program. But in a couple years, you'll be saying he's one of the top running backs in the country."

As a freshman at Lighthouse, Lane rushed for 1,363 yards (10.7 yards per carry) and 21 touchdowns despite rarely playing in the second half of games because of lopsided scores. He rushed for 1,007 yards as an eighth-grader in just six games, missing half the season with a rotator cuff injury.

Lane, who is 6 feet 1 and 190 pounds, showed good acceleration, nice athleticism and soft hands this weekend, never looking out of place among the nation's elite players. He has been timed consistently at 1.5 seconds for his first 10 yards, an explosiveness that fits well for a major college running back.

Lane had two of the best testing results of the camp, with a 33.5-inch vertical leap and a 4.24-second shuttle time.

"Better competition is just going to make me better. I love competition," Lane said after the Sunday morning workout. "And the physical part of the game doesn't bother me. I like it. That's why I love football."

Lane has been working out at the All-Star Camp almost since his freshman year ended, exhibiting a work ethic that Marciano said he has rarely seen in a high school athlete. "If he's not working at the camp, he's out running sand hills" in the hot Florida sun. That's akin to running stadium steps -- except you're climbing soft sand.

"You just can't tire him out," Marciano said. "He thrives on it."

Lane next week will play in the AAU Basketball Nationals at Disney's Wide World of Sports for the Nike U15 Florida team. Then it's back to football, still his first love, and getting ready for Mainland High, a program that typically is one of the 20 or so best in Florida every year.

"My goal is to play in college. I'd love to play at Clemson," Lane said. "I've never been there, but I can tell it's a football town. They just go nuts over football. Tennessee, Virginia Tech or Georgia Tech -- those would be my other choices.

"I won't go to a Florida school. I've been in Florida all my life, and I know I'll want to try somewhere different."
 9 years ago '04        #117
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
2010 LB Jawara White will be our first 2010 signee

5 star off top
 9 years ago '05        #118
space
space
Quarterback Drew Allen to Sooners
Oklahoma has landed passing standout Drew Allen, a 6-foot-5 prospect from Alamo Heights HS, Tex., over Mississippi, Purdue and Oklahoma State.

The No. 50-rated quarterback in the Class of 2009, Allen also holds offers from Colorado, Kansas State, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest.

Marcus Hall tweak's top of his list again
ESPNU 150 offensive tackle Marcus Hall had USC in his top three at one point, mentioned Florida State as a player recently, but now claims a new member near the top of his list.

It appears he's Big Ten-bound, as the Wolverines join the Buckeyes and f!ghting Illini, affiliate Web site Bucknuts.com reports.
"I want to say it's down to three (schools). It's somewhat down to three. It's Illinois, Ohio State and Michigan. But I still have my eyes open."

Hall added that LSU and Miami-FL sit behind his three favorites. Additionally, the Trojans now seem out on contention, after not extending an offer.

Orson Charles getting ready to narrow list down
Top tight end Orson Charles' offers list is approaching 30, according to ESPN affiliate TotalUGA.com, but he hasn't ruled any school out just yet.

He said, "I'm going to take my time. Right now I am working on a top 15, and then I will call all the coaches to talk about the depth charts and talk with my pastor and cut it down to a top 5 or a top 10. Then I will take my official visits and commit after the season."

Charles didn't name any favorites but did at least mention Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami-FL, LSU, Oregon, and UCLA.

Five finalists set for elite cornerback Darius Winston
Darious Winston, an ESPNU 150 prospect and one-time Razorbacks pledge, has set a top five and plans to announce the first week of September, according to multiple sources.

Arkansas, Clemson, Michigan, Mississippi and Michigan are the programs hoping to gain the highly-coveted senior.

Pitt pulls Jersey running back Raymond Graham
Raymond Graham committed to sign with the Panthers on Saturday after attending a scimmage.

Connecticut, Maryland, Michigan State and N.C. State have also extended scholarship offers to Graham, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.

He only played in four contests last fall due to a broken collarbone but still gained 700 yards and found the endzone 12 times.
As a sophomore, Graham rushed for 1,290 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Huskers land huge offensive lineman Brent Qvale
Brent Qvale, a 6-foot-7, 300-pound blocker from Williston, N.D., has given his pledge to sign with the Nebraska Cornhuskers over Wisconsin.

He told the d*ckenson Press, "It felt like the perfect school for me. When that popped up, I was pretty well set. I felt I fit in well down there (at Nebraska) and all the coaches and the program they've got set up, I really liked it all. It felt really good to get it over with. Now I can focus."

Qvale, who becomes the 11th commitment for Nebraska, has also been offered by the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Avery Patterson is the eighth commitment for the Ducks
Athlete Avery Patterson, recruited by Oregon as a defensive back, has pledged to the Ducks.

Oregon edged Arizona, Arizona State, California and Washington State for the 5-foot-9 prospect.

Top quarterback Morgan Newton to decide Tuesday
ESPNU 150 member Morgan Newton will make his announcement at 10:30 A.M. on Tuesday, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Indiana, Purdue, Clemson, Florida, Illinois and Kentucky are the coveted signal-caller's final schools.
Only the Clemson Tigers of Newton's finalists do not already have a quarterback pledge for the Class of 2009.

Newton threw for 1,883 yards and 25 touchdowns while also rushing for 750 yards and 11 more scores last fall for Carmel, Ind., the No. 22-ranked team in the ESPNRISE.com Fab 50.

Washington Huskies gain Deandre Coleman
Deandre Coleman, the No. 16-rated defensive tackle in Class 2009, has given a commitment to Washington.
Among many other scholarship offers were California, LSU, Oregon, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Texas A&M.

Morgan Moses shares what he's looking for
ESPNU 150 offensive tackle Morgan Moses spoke with affiliate Web site GatorCountry.com and he's still wide open.
However, Moses did state what he's seeking, "I am looking for early playing time. Also, I want a place where I can win a championship and a place with good coaches. I want coaches who are going to be there the whole time I'm there."
He added, "I don't need to be close home, I'll go wherever I fit the best."
Programs such as Florida, West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee and LSU are all in hot pursuit of Moses.

'Bama pledge Chance Warmack's ears are open
Offensive guard Chance Warmack told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "For the most part, it's still all about Alabama for me, but I'm keeping my options open. [Schools] are still calling, except for Auburn. They're pretty mad at me."
Additionally, Warmack mentioned that he plans to take three official visits, but did not indicate to which schools.
 9 years ago '06        #119
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
'Bama pledge Chance Warmack's ears are open
Offensive guard Chance Warmack told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "For the most part, it's still all about Alabama for me, but I'm keeping my options open. [Schools] are still calling, except for Auburn. They're pretty mad at me."

LOL I thought this was pretty funny.. Hold up let me do it for you "LAMO" "6"
 9 years ago '05        #120
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
Les really be after them offensive lineman. always good to have a lot of depth on the lines tho.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago