NCAA Football Recruiting Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #81
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,355 | Props total: 340 340
 Junior G said:
Ya'll don't need Bell anyways

Kelly is a lock.....

We need all the depth we can get, Bell will be solid inthe SEC, he isnt a must have for us, but with Melvin Ray/ D. Hood playing baseball & Two Sorry a.ss Senior WRS Okaley & Stover. we need to pick up those pieces somewhere else.

At the end of the day I will still feel good with Kendal Kelly & Chad Bumphis
 9 years ago '05        #82
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6947 6947
Notes

• Under Armour All-American safety DaMario Jeffery of Columbia (S.C.) High is set to announce his decision at a 3 p.m. press conference on August 1 at his school. The 6-foot-4, 220-pounder is down to South Carolina, Alabama and Auburn.

• ESPN 150 Watch List prospect Brandon McGee of Plantation (Fla.) High will announce his college choice on Aug. 11. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound quarterback/athlete will likely pick either Miami (Fla.) or Florida State. (OSU & Tenn are still in the mix fu*kemdoh)

There may not be a better pure athlete than Russell Shepard in the 2009 class.
• LSU and ace recruiter Larry Porter continue to mine the Lone Star State for talent. The Tigers have commitments from three top Texas prospects, including Under Armour All-Americans Russell Shepard of Cypress Ridge and Stavion Lowe of Brownwood. Shepard is a quarterback/athlete and Lowe is an offensive tackle. Both are Porter commits, and he also continues to pursue another Under Armour All-American from Texas, Clemson commit Craig Loston of Aldine Eisenhower, who is also Shepard's cousin.

• Clemson has been a thorn in Florida' side in recent years, plucking talented running backs C.J. Spiller (Class of 2006) and Jamie Harper (Class of 2008) out of the Sunshine State and away from the Gators. Florida returned the favor recently, though, picking up Greer (S.C.) tight end Desmond Parks. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Parks is a major sleeper prospect who the Gators believe will be the next Cornelius Ingram-type player in their offense. The Tigers offered Parks a scholarship during their summer prospect camp.

• Auburn running back commit Rodney Scott of Dixie County (Fla.) High, an ESPN150 Watch List Prospect, remains a verbal to the Tigers but will take official visits to other schools. Florida, South Florida, South Carolina and Ole Miss all will get officials, along with Auburn, as things stand today. The Gators have yet to offer but the Bulls, Gamecocks and Rebels have already offered. The 5-foot-9, 190-pounder is reconsidering his decision to commit to Auburn because he may want to stay closer to home, so give the Bulls the inside track if he decides not to head to The Plains.

• Massive offensive tackle Robert Crisp of Chapel Hill (N.C.) High could end up being one of the best offensive linemen in the country in the 2010 class. At least one college coach believes that Crisp is the best offensive tackle prospect he's seen in the past 10 years. The 6-foot-7, 300-pounder already has offers from Boston College, Clemson, Georgia, Maryland, Miami (Fla.), North Carolina, North Carolina State and East Carolina.

• Baltimore (Md.) Dunbar running back Tavon Austin, an ESPN150 Watch List member, will visit SEC schools Tennessee and South Carolina officially. He also will visit West Virginia, Maryland and Michigan.
 9 years ago '06        #83
Against D Grain 
space
space
Rodney Scott has been singing that same song for quite some while now. I dont think Scott is high on Florida's list unless he has a helluva SR season, I think it will come down to Auburn & South Florida (especially if the Bulls have a good season this year)
 9 years ago '05        #84
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
im still waiting to see if we can pull loston. i heard he might decommit from clemson so im holding out some hope.
 9 years ago '05        #85
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Wide Receiver
Belle Glade (FL) Glades Central

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 158 lbs
Forty: 4.5 secs
Class: 2009 (High School)

Wooten is down to LSU and Georgia, and will decide in August.
 9 years ago '05        #86
space
space
Miss State does it again........

---------------

Top rusher Montrell Conner chooses Mississippi State
Under Armour All-American running back Montrell Conner has pledged to Mississippi State.

"I just felt more comfortable with Mississippi State. It felt like home and the coaches have always made me feel welcome."
He continued, "Plus, I have a good chance of being the main back at Mississippi State because of their backfield situation right now."

ESPN's Billy Tucker said of the commitment, "Mississippi State was quietly building a good '09 class overshadowed a bit by the success of its SEC counterparts. Not anymore. The pickup of Conner is instrumental for the program from a national recruiting standpoint as the 210-pound back had a host of offers stretching across the country from more prominent programs."
"While some schools may have looked at his size and speed ratio and hinted about a future at outside linebacker, it appears Mississippi State sold him on being its featured back of the future, and we feel the Under Armour All-American will be very productive in that role."
"Like all big backs Conner needs to watch his leverage at 6-foot-2, but he is deceptively shifty through the hole, and his footwork is good enough to offer more than just a productive yards-after-contact back at the next level. But his main production will stem off of strong, downhill runs. He has great total body strength and is very difficult to arm-tackle once he gains momentum through the hole and lowers his shoulder. He looks to finish runs and has good balance and body control for a taller back."
"Conner is the type of runner that will need to carry the rock 20-30 times a game for the Bulldogs to be most effective. He has the strength to wear down a defense by the 4th quarter and still fast enough to rip off a big run on any given carry."
"It's great to see the hard work and perseverance paying dividends for Croom both on and off the field. The Bulldogs are well on their way to surpassing their C-plus recruiting grade from '08."

The highly coveted junior, who rushed for 1,139 yards and scored 13 touchdowns as a junior, also has offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi and TCU, among others.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Damario Jeffery commits

Columbia High school standout DaMario Jeffery pledged today to play college football for the South Carolina Gamecocks.

Jeffery, A 6-foot-3, 213-pound linebacker, announced his choice at a news conference this afternoon at his school.

Jeffery's final three included USC, Alabama and Auburn.

He had been publicly favoring the Gamecocks for the past several weeks. He worked out at safety at the USC Showcase Camp in July and was pleased by the reaction he got from the Gamecock coaches.

"The coaches saw I can play safety," Jeffery said then. "They saw that I can play safety and they liked my performance overall."

Jeffery's teammate Chris Payne, a defensive back, committed to South Carolina earlier this year.

Vols land linebacker from Alabama
Linebacker/defensive lineman D.T. Shackelford has given his commitment to sign with Tennessee over Auburn.
Shackelford also has offers from Mississippi State, South Carolina, Stanford, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, UAB, LSU and Louisville, among many others.

Shackelford shared a funny story from his recruiting process with the Knoxville News Sentinel, "When Vanderbilt started recruiting me they tried to recruit me as a defensive tackle since my name was D.T. I had to tell them 'Nah, that's my name.'"

He registered 112 tackles, seven sacks, five fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles last season.

JC receiver to Florida International
Edgard Theliar, a receiver from Manatee (Bradenton, Fla.) and College of the Desert (Calif.), has committed to Florida International. Theliar, who also considered Oregon and Hawaii, plans to play this season at Butler CC (Kan.).

__________________________________________________ _______________

Yellow Jackets land Roderick Sweeting
ESPN Top 150 Watch List defensive back Roderick Sweeting has picked Georgia Tech.

He told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "I just felt great about Georgia Tech. They have been recruiting me very hard and showing a lot of love. Coach (Paul) Johnson seemed excited. He told me I was always at the top of their lists."

ESPN's Billy Conley said of the news, "Most anticipated Sweeting going to Auburn but after the Tigers became cool to him, the gifted defensive back opted for Georgia Tech. Sweeting became the twelfth Yellow Jacket verbal and the first secondary player headed to Atlanta in the 2009 class. This a big grab for first year head coach Paul Johnson."
"Sweeting is a tall and rangy defensive back that can play either corner or safety. He takes direct angles to the football and closes hard delivering high impact shoulder tackles. Sweeting possesses outstanding leaping ability and can really get up in the air when high pointing the football going for the interception."

Among many other offers were Auburn, Maryland, Ohio State, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Alabama and Clemson. The Yellow Jackets now have 12 pledges.

Gators nab Class of 2010 quarterback Trey Burton
Trey Burton committed to sign with Florida Thursday night after receiving an offer, ESPN affiliate Web site GatorCountry.com reports.

He said, "I've always wanted to be a Gator since I was six years old. I knew for a fact that if they offered me I was going to jump on it."
Burton continued, "Their education is close to the best in the nation. You can't get any better than that. Number one football and basketball teams in the nation, then you factor in the education. What else would I need?"

Additionally, Burton, who was honorable mention all-state as a sophomore, stated the he hopes to graduate early.

Rockwell linebacker heads to Razorbacks
Arkansas has its eighth commitment in linebacker Austin Moss, who also had scholarship offers from Arizona, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Virginia, Wisconsin and several others.

Moss spoke with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette about his decision, "It just felt right. I prayed a lot about it and felt real comfortable with Arkansas, and I talked to my parents about it."
He also likes the idea of getting some early playing time, "It was a big factor. I couldn't see myself sitting out a year without playing football. It would be difficult. Early playing time was big."

Moss finished off a productive junior season with 142 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, five sacks, four forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and one interception.

LSU picks up a junior college punter
Derek Helton, a punter from Fort Scott CC, Kan., has committed to coach Les Miles and the LSU Tigers. LSU now has 16 pledges.

He described the situation to The Advocate, "It's unreal. A lot of kids from small towns don't get an opportunity like this. It's something you can't say no to. It's hard to think how much things have turned around for me."

Colorado State also offered Helton and he was receiving interest from Arkansas, Tennessee and Oregon.

Lynwood star headed for Cal Bears
Defensive back Vachel Samuels has chosen to play for the California Bears.

Oregon, Stanford, Oregon State, Washington State, Boise State, Arizona and Arizona State have also offered Samuels.
 08-01-2008, 04:13 PM         #87
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damario Jeffery and Chris Payne are going wreck havoc on the SEC.

And we should get Cory Addison this weekend also.

Also, getting Jeffery helps us with 4 star Sam Montgomery (Gamecock lean), 4 star Chris Bonds (was a Gamecock lean, now open) , 4 star Stephon Gilmore (Gamecock lean), and 4 star Quintin Washington (Gamecock lean).

Spurrier is in position to put together his 2nd top 10 class in 4 years.
 9 years ago '08        #88
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,354 | Props total: 1167 1167
2013 prospect offered by Hawai'i
It definitely runs in the family. With Castle's Solomon Koehler one of the top prospects for the class of 2008, it was no surprise to hear that his younger brother Reeve also had aspirations to play football in college. What couldn't be accounted for was just how quickly schools would get on the Reeve bandwagon.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Scout.com learned Friday from Doris Sullivan of the PIAA that Reeve Koehler, a prospect for the class of 2013, has already been verbally offered a scholarship to play football for Hawai'i.

2013. That means Koehler is ready to finish up his final year at Kailua Intermediate School. He stands at 6-foot-2 and 265 pounds. Reeve is 13 years old.

"I am very pleased Reeve has been given this type of consideration this early," Koehler's father Rick told Sullivan. "We are grateful to have had the opportunity to have Reeve seen at the UH football clinics"

Koehler recently worked out at the Hawai'i Speed and Quickness Camps. Here's a picture of him from that event.

Reeve Koehler (Scout.com)

Koehler, who is expected to go through Castle High School like Solomon did, has never played organized football due to weight limits in the Pop Warner league. His football experience has thus far been limited to the Brian Derby Clinics for three years, as well as the PIAA football combines and the University of Hawai'i Clinics.

The Warriors' recruiting efforts have taken a big turn lately under the leadership of McMackin. They have taken a much more proactive approach toward the island's best prospects, earning verbal commitments already from Billy Ray Stutzmann (St. Louis), Kimo Makaula (Punahou) and grayshirt WR prospect Kalua Noa from Kaiser. The Warriors have five public verbal commitments for the class of 2009, compared to one last year.
 9 years ago '05        #89
space
space
Another safety for South Carolina with Corey Addison
Corey Addison has committed to sign with the Gamecocks over Central Florida, ESPN affiliate Web site TheBigSpur.com reports.
Programs such as Miami-FL, Mississippi and Arkansas have also offered Addison.

He said of the decision, "I was looking at the education just as much as the other part of it. I want to major in Sports Management and South Carolina has one of the best programs in Sports Management in the country."

Additionally, the Jacksonville, Fla. native stated that his pledge is solid and doesn't anticipate any further participation in the recruiting process.

__________________________________________________ ________________

6-foot-4 receiver set for Central Florida
Stephen Hill, who caught eight touchdowns as a junior, has committed to Central Florida.

Mississippi State, North Carolina, UAB and Miami-Ohio have also extended offers to the big target.

Angelo Hadley has a top 6 of Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Auburn and Illinois. Academics, the staff and how well the school puts DB's into the NFL will all be major factors. He will take his time making his choice.

Craig Loston is still committed to Clemson, but has some interest in LSU, Texas A&M, and Oregon.

Chad Bumphis liked his visit to LSU a lot, but says he didn't love it. Alabama and Mississippi State remain ahead of LSU, as he says he just feels more comfortable at those schools. He wants to make a trip to Florida with his mother.

Tariq Edwards commits to Virginia Tech

free scout article -

Bud Golden says he is down to Illinois and Indiana. He enjoyed both campuses.
 9 years ago '04        #90
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
AU Picks Up Number 20

Auburn has picked up its 20th football verbal commimtent for the 2009 signee class.

Garden City, Kan.--Junior college wide receiver Cameron Kenney told Inside the Auburn Tigers on Monday that he plans to sign with Auburn.

“I made my decision last night,” Kenney tells Inside The Auburn Tigers. “I’m a verbal commitment to Auburn. The spread offense is the same offense we run at Garden City. I think I can fit in well. It’s a good conference being back in the SEC after being in the Midwest. Being that close to home makes me excited to play around a bunch of friends.”

The Special Teams Player of the Year in the Jayhawk Conference as well as a first-team selection as a wide receiver, punter and punt returner, Kenney had a huge season as a freshman for the Broncbusters. He caught 43 passes for 633 yards and three touchdowns. He also carried the ball for 23 times for 322 yards and one score. If that wasn’t enough he returned 11 punts for 179 yards and one touchdown and averaged over 45 yards per punt including an 82-yarder.

He becomes the Tigers' 20th verbal commitment for the 2009 signee class and will have two years to play two seasons. He is scheduled to graduate from Garden City Community College in May.

Originally from Dacula, Ga., High, where he played soccer until his senior season when played football for the first time. He says he has always been familiar with Auburn and when he got an offer he knew it was the right place for him.

“I have known about David Irons and the juco route he took coming out,” Kenney says. “I thought it would be good for me to be that close to home. Playing for Auburn would be a dream come true. I got that opportunity and I took it right away.” He chose Auburn over Ole Miss, South Florida and others and said he was recruited by a variety of other colleges, including Oklahoma.

:wow: at Croom... have any of you ever been to Starkville???.. .perfect name for the place.. middle of nowhere

5 years ago he was evaluating and offering sholarships to Michael Henig type players ( sorry he is from my hometown and how he got offers from MSU and Lville I have no idea; his parents are multi-millionaires) and now he is headed towards having a top 15-20 class, possibly higher if he can keep Bumphis and a couple others in state ( I see Bumphis at Bama)
 9 years ago '04        #91
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Also Hadley just left the Plains yesterday with Petey Smith (AU lean) and other fellow teammate Mywan Jackson. It is being said that Jackson will choose between Michigan and Auburn and Hadley left AU very high on them. I expect Petey to commit during his senior season. Ryne Giddins didn't make the trip as planned. I'm guessing he is a FSU lock.

Oh yea AU coaches, can you just pull Scotts offer? He is not a necessity with this class. Ill take Onterrio McCaleb re-signing in 09 than this pu**y anyway.

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 08-04-2008 at 12:10 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #92
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
Also Hadley just left the Plains yesterday with Petey Smith (AU lean) and other fellow teammate Mywan Jackson. It is being said that Jackson will choose between Michigan and Auburn and Hadley left AU very high on them. I expect Petey to commit during his senior season. Ryne Giddins didn't make the trip as planned. I'm guessing he is a FSU lock.

Oh yea AU coaches, can you just pull Scotts offer? He is not a necessity with this class. Ill take Onterrio McCaleb re-signing in 09 than this pus*y anyway.
I don't know where your gettin FSU lock from

His last updated Top 4 was Auburn, Clemson, USF and USC
 9 years ago '04        #93
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Junior G said:
I don't know where your gettin FSU lock from

His last updated Top 4 was Auburn, Clemson, USF and USC
a guess is a guess my n*gga

never claimed to have inside info... I basically keep up with n*ggas AU got a good chance with and our chances with Giddins are not good despite his top 4.. last article on him I found was July 24 and it listed a top 6: USC, USF, North Carolina, Florida, Auburn and Clemson

I was wrong about FSU, maybe I shouldn't take booker too seriously on here

anyways here is the article about Deron Furr leaving Auburn

Freshman safety DeRon Furr will withdraw from Auburn and look to finish his college career elsewhere, DeRon Furr, Sr. told AuburnSports.com Tuesday.

"He'll sign his letter of withdrawal (Wednesday) morning," the elder Furr said. "We just want to thank Auburn University for giving DeRon the opportunity to go there and learn to be a student and an athlete.

"We just want to tell Auburn that we thank them very much for that chance."

Furr, Jr. signed with Auburn in February, but graduated high school early and reported to the Plains in the spring. Furr, Jr. was a standout quarterback at Carver High School in Columbus, Ga. leading them to the state title as a senior.

After working at quarterback at Auburn during the spring, Furr, Jr. was moved to safety. He worked there Saturday, Auburn's first day of fall camp. Furr was involved in an altercation during the practice and didn't return Monday or Tuesday.

Furr, Sr. said his son has not decided where he will attend school this fall. No schools have contacted him, not even Florida State where Furr, Jr's former high school teammate Jarmon Fortson signed.

"We don't know where, but he'll be looking to finish out his career elsewhere," Furr, Sr. said. "He appreciates the opportunity and wishes Auburn the best. It just didn't work out for him."

.................................................. .................................................. .

our Carver-Columbus pipeline was over with after Fortson jumped ship.. but I mean really who would want a kid that played QB in the spring game, made a nice play and taunted the whole D, then didn't pan out at Qb so he requested a move to safety for more playing time and then at the 1st practice of fall camp he is slacking, an upperclassman calls him out for it, he talks back then gets his a.ss whooped and doesn't show up at practice for 3 days.
 9 years ago '06        #94
Against D Grain 
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
.................................................. .................................................. .

our Carver-Columbus pipeline was over with after Fortson jumped ship.. but I mean really who would want a kid that played QB in the spring game, made a nice play and taunted the whole D, then didn't pan out at Qb so he requested a move to safety for more playing time and then at the 1st practice of fall camp he is slacking, an upperclassman calls him out for it, he talks back then gets his a.ss whooped and doesn't show up at practice for 3 days.

I didnt think he had a chance at QB anyways not with Caudle Todd & Burns on board. I figure he could have been a solid athlete at safety for you guys, but oh well, I;m sure he will end up inthe Sunbelt or Con USA, or go D1AA or D2 Valdosta if another D1 school doesnt pick him up
 9 years ago '05        #95
space
space
from Auburn on scout

Furr Going to florida state?
Thats what im hearing. I heard that FSU is going to offer his brother so DeRon decided to transfer to FSU. This might not be true but this is what i've heard. Thoughts?

1. who's his brother? edit : nvm Leron Furr...he got good size 6'3 - 220 even though we loaded at LB
2. man we don't rock with no bi*ch a.ss n*ggaz, he better stop gettin his a.ss beat.

Last edited by Junior G; 08-05-2008 at 11:01 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #96
space
space
LB Corico Hawkins (6-0 225) of Milledgeville, GA said Tuesday night he's made a college decision and will announce the choice at a news conference Friday afternoon at Baldwin County High School. Hawkins narrowed his list to Clemson, Florida and Auburn. "Yea, I know who the school is," Hawkins said. "Nobody else knows. It's an orange school. I found all the things I wanted in a school. The school has the facilities, the location and the chance to win the conference and national titles." Hawkins had over 25 offers to choose from. Last season he had 102 tackles with 22 tackles for loss and two sacks.

Deandre Byrd, one of the top defensive backs in the area as a junior, selected the Cornhuskers over Illinois, Arkansas, Colorado, Auburn, Middle Tennessee State and Kansas State. His decision becomes binding in February on National Signing Day.

"Nebraska is a great atmosphere," Byrd said. "The fans are great. The coaches treat me like my coaches at Lincoln."

damn D all the way up there

5 star DE Craig Roh names a top five of UCLA, USC, ASU, Nebraska and Michigan followed by LSU, Stanford and Cal.

4 star Texas RB Stepfan Taylor committed to Stanford, even though he still plans to take a few visits.

SoFLAfootball has learned that Deerfield Beach quarterback Denard Robinson plans on narrowing his list of schools this weekend. Robinson is currently meeting with family member to discuss schools they feel best fit him. An announcement is planned Monday of the schools that are in the final running for Robinson’s services next fall. The 6′0″ 180 pound Robinson may have given a clue to which schools might make the list.

Florida, Georgia, and West Virginia are recruiting me hardest,” said Robinson.

Marlon Brown has broken some recruiters’ hearts.

The News Sentinel’s top prospect in the state has cut his list of college suitors to six schools: Tennessee, Southern Cal, Ohio State, Georgia, Florida and LSU.

That means UCLA, Stanford, Notre Dame and Oklahoma are out of the mix.

DE Duane Chisolm (6-4 245) of Beaufort said Tuesday night USC, Clemson and Florida State are the three schools he's thinking about the most right now. He does not have an offer from FSU at this point. He does have offers from the Gamecocks, Tigers, Kentucky, Tennessee, NC State, Alabama, Maryland, West Virginia, Georgia and Auburn. Chisolm said he hears a lot from USC and Clemson but all the schools are recruiting him about the same. He visited USC, Clemson and Tennessee earlier this summer, and he might visit Georgia soon. Chisolm said USC will be one of his official visits this fall. He's not sure of the others. He does not have a favorite.
 9 years ago '05        #97
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
Blue chip wide receiver Kenny Bell of Rayville verbally committed to LSU Monday afternoon during an afternoon press conference held at his school's athletic fieldhouse.

Bell, 6-foot-1, 170 pounds, is rated among the nation's top wide receiver prospects by various recruiting services and increases the Tigers' commitment total to 17. Bell said he ultimately chose LSU over Alabama from a final four that also included Arkansas and Georgia. Bell had approximately 18 official scholarship offers from schools such as Michigan, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Louisiana Tech and Tulsa.

One of the state's top 10 prospects, Bell also is the seventh member of The Times Picayune Preseason Top 25 Blue Chip list to commit to LSU.

"It was very close,'' Bell said of his LSU-Alabama choice. "It was nick and nick. I had to sit down at my house last night and really think about it. Then, finally, I chose LSU. But I have a whole lot of respect for Coach (Nick) Saban and Alabama.''

Bell is the second nationally-acclaimed wide receiver prospect from Rayville in seven months to choose LSU. Current LSU freshman Chris Tolliver signed with LSU in February and redshirt sophomore running back Richard Murphy also is from Rayville.

"I just felt like they were the best fit for me and my family,'' Bell said of LSU. "It's a shorter distance for mom when she needs to see me. It's right down the road. Plus, I have Chris and Richard and (Rayville walk-ons, offensive lineman) Tyler Simmons and (linebacker) Harold Butcher there. They can show me what I need to know and help me learn the system. I also liked the atmosphere when I went down there for the spring game. It was very loud.''

Bell is rated as the nation's No. 20 wide receiver by rivals.com and No. 37 by Scout.com. He chose LSU from a final threesome that included Alabama and Arkansas. Bell drew offers from a host of BCS programs.

Bell caught 49 passes for 914 yards and 12 touchdowns during the regular season in 2007 in his first season as a starter at Rayville after transferring from Mangham. Bell played in a spread offense that included two other highly-touted receivers in current LSU freshman Tolliver and current Rayville senior Abrecus Martinez.

In other recruiting news, Monroe-Ouachita running back Montrell Conner has committed to Mississippi State. Conner (6-2, 215) is another member of The TP Preseason Blue Chip list and the fourth to commit to an out-of-state school. Rated as the nation's No. 19 athlete prospect, Conner also had official offers from Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and TCU. He was not recruited by LSU.

randle is next.....
 9 years ago '04        #98
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
One of yall FSU fans.... What is good with Antoine Carter (SO DE out of Dillard High)??? All I hear from coaches and people that attend practice say he is going to be a better DE than Q Groves, S Mclover and Antonio Coleman. We are stacked at end right now and they saying Jomarcus Savage is beasting veteran offensive lineman (said in a 1-on-1 drills he str8 bull rushed Lee Zeimba knocked him on his a.ss) Cameron Henderson gon be a good one 2

Whats Fortson looking like??
 9 years ago '04        #99
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Cameron Kenney was new to the Dacula football team in 2006, but as a senior, his classmates may have started calling him "The Natural". Kenney did a little bit of everything before heading to Garden City Community College and then committing to the Auburn Tigers. See him in action as a senior in high school in this Scout Video.

Dacula Head Coach Kevin Maloof should have gotten some recognition as a talent scout for recruiting his own soccer team.

Athlete Cameron Kenney had played soccer up until his senior year when he joined the Maloof's Falcons for one year.

To say Kenney took to the game would be a bit of an understatement. Scout had a man at Dacula's game against Clarke Central, and our camera picked up Kenney doing a little bit of everything on the field. If we had it pointed at the bench, we may have seen Kenney filling the water coolers as well.

In only his 6th game of his varsity football career, Kenney returned kickoffs and punts, punted and kicked off, had a touchdown catch, two interceptions including one for a touchdown, and several tackles from his corner position.

After a year at Garden City Community College, Kenney is ready for an encore performance just down I-85 in Auburn, Ala. having committed to continue his football career with the Tigers.

Kenney has the raw athleticism to play pretty much anywhere he's needed. He's physical and agile. He's instinctive on offense and defense. He's fearless with the ball in his hands or while tracking it down.

You can see him do a little bit of everything in this Scouting Video. I even included two plays that would be considered negative plays, to highlight his athleticism. On one, Kenney tried to jump a short pass, and bit on the pump fake, allowing a slot receiver from the other side behind him. Watch him track that player down... speed....

The second negative play was a bad snap that Kenney leapt and caught one handed.

There are plenty of positive plays as well, but one thing stands clear. This kid was born to play football.

runs a 4.4
 9 years ago '04        #100
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Gators hope to sway tailback prospect

By Edward Aschoff
Special to The Sun

Published: Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 12:36 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 12:36 p.m.
Florida coach Urban Meyer is no stranger to luring players previously committed to other schools.

He did it with Justin Trattou in 2007 and more recently with stud defensive tackle Omar Hunter. Both were originally committed to Notre Dame.

So it was no surprise that he was trying to work his magic on one of the top prospects in the country in Trent Richardson at Friday Night Lights in July.

Richardson, who is committed to Alabama, is a four-star prospect from Pensacola. He is not only the third-best running back rated by Rivals.com, he’s also ranked the 27th best player in the country by Rivals.

The 5-foot-11, 210-pound back was easily one of the most impressive performers at UF’s annual camp. It was the first camp that Richardson had been to that he said he had to go one-on-one against linebackers, and he made the most of it as he broke away from almost every opposing defender he faced in the drill.

Richardson also showed that although he is built to carry the rock, he can catch the ball too. It seemed like the only time the ball hit the ground was when passes were either too high or too short.

The night was a success for Richardson, but his time at The Swamp also made him think more about his commitment to Alabama.

“I’m committed there, but you never know what could happen from here to February,” said Richardson, who recorded 1,390 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior. “Right now I’m still kind of out there, but I don’t really know because Alabama is the school I’m committed to.”

One thing going for UF is that Richardson said he thinks he can be that big bruising back that Meyer has desperately been seeking since his arrival – outside of quarterback Tim Tebow. Primarily an I-formation back, Richardson recognizes the talent UF has in its backfield, but his size and ability are what could make a difference in Meyer’s offense.

The push to get Richardson was in full force at FNL, as he was seen speaking with various members of the Gator staff, current players and some of UF’s 2009 recruits whenever he wasn’t participating in drills. Some of the current recruits couldn’t immediately remember his name when asked about Richardson, but they all knew that the priority of the night was to woo the guy wearing No. 333 on his orange FNL shirt.

“The running back that was committed to Alabama,” said 2009 offensive line commit Jon Halapio when asked about who he was recruiting. “That’s the only guy that I’ve been talking to that I’m trying to get to come to Florida.”

Halapio said his approach was subtle, but 2010 commit Ian Silberman went a different way in trying to sway Richardson.

“He said he has a soft verbal commit to Alabama, but I told him he needs to come to Florida because Nick Saban will leave,” Silberman said. “He left LSU and he left Miami (Dolphins) and he might leave him, and Urban Meyer won’t do that.”

Richardson laughed off Silberman’s comments and said he’s not worried about Saban’s future. But now he finds himself in similar situation.

With Richardson it’s not the difference between millions of dollars he’s weighing. It’s the thought of winning championships at Alabama or the tempting possibility of playing in his home state.

“Living in Florida and then playing at a Florida school, that’s good,” he said. “That’s a good look because that’s your home state. I like Florida. I love Florida to death, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.”

... I see him staying committed to bama but like dude said Meyer is known to put the full court press on committed kids and get them to switch.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago