NCAA Football Recruiting Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #61
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1035 1035
 P. Dedos said:
I know, Cant believe he has Clemson over Alabama and Miami.......Oh well, i guess were find out sooner or later
 07-22-2008, 07:19 PM         #62
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 titanreese said:
I know, Cant believe he has Clemson over Alabama and Miami.......Oh well, i guess were find out sooner or later
Under Armour All-American Prince Kent crowns Miami-FL
Prince Kent committed to play for the Hurricanes Monday during a press conference, ESPN affiliate InsideTheU.com reports.
The Clemson Tigers and Alabama Crimson Tide were believed to be the other finalists for the highly touted safety prospect.

Billy Tucker elaborated on the ESPN 150 Watch Lister's decision, "This is a great land for Miami as it is quietly putting together a solid class after coming out of the gates a bit slow following last year's No. 1 overall class. As the great depth of South Florida talent it cashed in on in 2008 is down, plucking Kent out of the state of Georgia is very impressive."
"Kent is a kid we have liked since the early going and have consistently stated he is one of the better defensive backs in the country. The Under Armour All-American is physically gifted as an overall athlete with his supreme blend of size, speed and fluidity. He truly has ideal strong safety size with sough-after coverage technique and speed of a cover corner. His frame and great run support skills will most likely precipitate a move to safety, but we wouldn't be surprised if Randy Shannon gives him a look at corner in some of the Hurricanes' hard, "Cover 2" underneath schemes with his long arms and superior size on the perimeter."
"Excellent height and ball skills may also get him a look at eceiver as his offensive talents were hidden a bit last year behind USC signee Brice Butler (Norcross, Ga.)."

:applause::applause:
 9 years ago '06        #63
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
Damn it :banghead: Nice pick up Miami
 9 years ago '06        #64
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,355 | Props total: 340 340
 Hurricane Ra said:
Nice pick up by LSU. He was LSU to lose and they closed him. I'm hoping Miami can steal Rueben Randle

Rueben Randle will be throwing up the U when its all said and done. I wouldnt be too worry about him..
 9 years ago '05        #65
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
randle is ours to lose. i wouldnt be too surprised if it came down to us and mia. saban was trying to get his hands on him but idk how thats lookin these days.
 9 years ago '06        #66
Against D Grain 
space
space
 K.B. said:
randle is ours to lose. i wouldnt be too surprised if it came down to us and mia. saban was trying to get his hands on him but idk how thats lookin these days.

He came to a camp of ours for one day, I'm sure our coaching staff would love to have this kid, but IMO i think it is between Miami & LSU, with Miami leading, His brother post on Rivals and is a Big Time Hurricane fan. I think Bama has kinda backed off on him, and with Kendall Kelley shining at all the summer camps he has attended. I rather us pin our ears back and go after him, since he is homegrown, along with Dre :D
 9 years ago '05        #67
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6947 6947
John Martinez only wants to take three official visits
Under Armour All-American offensive guard John Martinez informed ESPN affiliate Web site WeAreSC.com that he only intends to take three official visits.
He said, "I'll go to the USC/Ohio State game, then I'll go to LSU and Georgia game and then I'll go to the Ohio State/Michigan game.

USC, OSU, LSU

__________________________________________________ _______________

Quinton Washington's official visits might be set
Under Armour All-American guard Quinton Washington is expected to officially visit Tennessee, Miami-FL, Alabama, South Carolina, and Clemson, ESPN affiliate CrimsonConfidential.com reports.
His high school coach, Art Craig, said, "South Carolina and Clemson being in-state are close to home and it will be easier on his family to watch him play."
"As far as Miami, Alabama and Tennessee, what kid wouldn't want to play for those three schools? He's going to play in the ACC or SEC, and neither choice is bad."

Purdue picks up signal-caller Rob Henry
Rob Henry has pledged to sign with the Boilermakers over an offer from the Vanderbilt Commodores.

He spoke with the Journal-Courier about the move, "I picked Purdue because of the engineering school, and the way coach (Danny) Hope is going with the program."
"I think the offensive scheme is going to fit me perfectly, with the zone reads, being able to run the ball and be in the shotgun throwing the ball in the spread offense."
Henry continued, "It's the Big Ten Conference, and every kid wants to play in the big stadiums in front of lots of fans. And the long tradition of great quarterbacks with Bob Griese, Drew Brees, Kyle Orton and Mike Phipps. You realize that's a quarterback university right there."

The dual-threat Henry passed for 1,100 yards and 10 touchdowns while also rushing for 200 yards and five more scores last fall.
He also had offers from Northern Illinois and Florida Atlantic with programs such as Illinois, Louisville and Boston College showing interest.

Huskers pluck Lone Star State prospect Emerson Evans
Emerson Evans has pledged to sign with Nebraska over scholarship offers from Mississippi, UTEP and Utah.

"I read up on Nebraska and wanted to be a part of it," Evans told the Omaha World-Herald. "Tradition is a big thing for me."
Evans also spoke about playing for head coach Bo Pellini, "I know he came from LSU and they play defense. And every school I see is about offense. To see a head coach that's coming from a defensive standpoint, that's something I like."

Evans wreaked havoc on opponents last fall registering 87 tackles and 16 sacks.

Cornerback Eric Gordon has some official visits in mind
ESPN 150 Watch List prospect Eric Gordon told affiliate Web site TheBigSpur.com, "I'm going to take all five official visits during the season."
"I'm not sure yet, but I'll probably go to Miami, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Alabama and either Texas or South Florida for the last one."
The coveted corner who posted 41 receptions, 10 touchdowns and two interceptions last fall, is also still interested in the Gamecocks.
 9 years ago '06        #68
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
Rod Woodson, according to Bamaonline as committed to The University of Alabama

[pic - click to view]

3 Star Safety (Rivals.com)
4 Star Safety (Scout.com)

Olive Branch (MS) Olive Branch

Last edited by titanreese; 07-25-2008 at 02:03 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #69
space
space
@ Duke building a squad....

Desmond Scott drops Rutgers for the hometown Blue Devils
Running back Desmond Scott, an ESPN 150 Watch List prospect, has decommitted from Rutgers in favor of Duke. It appears that Piscataway, N.J. was too far away from home.

He told WRAL.com, "I was pretty solid about the choice, but the eight hours and the distance kept coming back to me. It was wearing on my pretty heavily."
Scott added, "Duke was my number one until West Virginia and Rutgers came into the picture."

ESPN's Billy Tucker once again commented on Scott, "Duke put in a lot of time recruiting Scott prior to his commitment to Rutgers and presumably even more after. It looks like that effort coupled with the close proximity to home paid off for the in-state Blue Devils."
"First-year head coach David Cutcliffe earned a reputation as a good recruiter at Tennessee and must be pleased with the class he has constructed thus far, particularly with the recent addition of Scott, an ESPN 150 Watch List running back with highly-coveted skills and a host of more prominent BCS offers."

"Scott should quickly develop into a major weapon for Cutcliffe's offense with his strong running and polished receiving skills."
"He is very shifty, elusive and can create mismatches in space with his good foot-quickness. Good zone runner with his great vision and sharp cutting ability. Thickly-built kid when I met him this spring, but his ability to carry the load at the next level is still a question mark."
"Scott might be better in a role that gives him a lot of touches as a multi-purpose back in Durham."

"Rutgers landed in the top-10 of our latest 2009 class rankings for the quality in-state talent it retained coupled with its coveted national prospects like Scott. Obviously, a big loss for Schiano and Co. as the Scarlet Knights were looking to sign a well-rounded, featured-back in this class who could develop into their next Ray Rice."

Other programs such as Clemson, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama, Auburn and North Carolina State were also after Scott.

Elite running back Jaamal Berry singles out Ohio State
Jaamal Berry is still considering programs such as Florida, LSU, Michigan and Mississippi but one program is on top for the highly coveted ESPN 150 Watch List talent.
"They are basically equal, but Ohio State really stands out to me. When I went to their spring game, I loved everything about my visit. They have a great tradition with running backs and winning," GatorCountry.com reports.
Berry is set to return to Columbus on Nov. 22 for the Buckeyes game against Michigan, hopes to visit LSU on Oct. 25 for its contest with Georgia and is slated to visit Mississippi on Nov. 1 for the Auburn game.
Michigan could be in line for one of his two remaining visits. Florida's another possibility, but with Gainesville, Fla. being close to home, Berry may not need for the trip to be official.

Auburn pledge Rodney Scott still looking around
ESPN 150 Watch List running back Rodney Scott told affiliate Web site GatorCountry.com, "I didn't decommit yet. If another school comes around that I like, then I will. It seemed like the right choice earlier, but now I'm rethinking."
Scott mentioned that Florida, Florida State, South Florida, South Carolina and Mississippi are still in the running for his signature and that he wants to play closer to home.

Scott said himself if the Gaytors or State offer he'd stay home. If we whiff on Miller, Oku, Ward, and Lacey i'd take him.

Mississippi State lands touted JC linebacker
Chris White of Vancleave, Miss/Mississippi Gulf Coast CC, Miss., considered one of the nation's top junior college linebackers, has committed to sign a scholarship offer with Mississippi State and head coach Sylvester Croom.
The 6-foot-3, 240-pound prospect also considered South Alabama.

Hakeem Smith commits to first offer, from the Cards
Wide receiver / defensive back Hakeem Smith has committed to sign with Louisville.
Other schools such as Vanderbilt, Virginia and Louisiana Tech were also showing interest in Smith, but have not extended offers.

Coveted athlete Lance Ray names three favorites
ESPN 150 Watch List prospect Lance Ray told affiliate Web site TheBigSpur.com that Florida and LSU are atop his list. However, neither school has offered.
Ray said, "My top three of the ones that have offered is South Carolina, Arkansas and Mississippi."

Receiver with speed set for Baylor
Baylor has added a pledge from Temple receiver Tevin Reese. The Bears now have eight commitments.

&

Stefan Huber picks Baylor over Ponies
The Baylor Bears have a commitment from offensive lineman Stefan Huber over SMU and Army.

&

Baylor Bears gain big blocker from South Garland
Offensive lineman Jeramie Roberts has decided to play for Baylor over scholarship offers from Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Miami-Florida and Cincinnati.
 9 years ago '05        #70
space
space
surprise suprise

Jaamal Berry, the 5-foot-11, 193-pound five-star running back from Palmetto Senior High School in Miami, Fla., says there is one school on top and although it may seem like they are a "lock," Berry says he still plans on taking all of his official visits before making a decision.

"I want to take my trips for sure," Berry said. "I want a program with good tradition and where it's known for being a running school. I want to be able to get the ball.

"I also want to be in a family atmosphere and where everyone loves football," he said.

The school that Berry says meets that criteria is still Ohio State and he estimates the Buckeyes have a 90 percent chance of getting a commitment from him. "I like everything about them," he said. "Just overall everything was great.

"I love the football atmosphere there and how everyone loves college football in Columbus," Berry said. "They have a great tradition at running back and are known for sending players to the NFL."

Berry will be visiting the Buckeyes on November 22 for their big game against Michigan.

He says that Ohio State is recruiting him the hardest. "I call (linebacker) coach Luke Fickell and (wide receiver coach) Darrell Hazell at least once a week," he said. "They are great guys and they said they believe I would make an impact early. They told me I'm their main back."

He favors the Buckeyes solidly over Florida, Michigan, LSU and Ole Miss. All of his favorites have offered from among 45 total. The only camp that Berry attended was Florida's.

"I really like the offense at Florida," he said. "It seems really balanced. I like how they pass and run the ball a lot and they need more backs.

"I went to their spring game and to the camp afterward," Berry said. "I won the MVP (for running backs) at that camp."

Berry, ranked as the No. 5 running back in the country by Scout.com, also has official visits scheduled to LSU (October 25 for the Georgia game) and Ole Miss (November 1 for the Auburn game).

"LSU is the defending champions and I think they can be on top again," he said. "I want to visit Ole Miss because I really like the coaches," Berry said. "The they have some great experience and they coached Darren McFadden (at Arkansas) and he was a Heisman finalist. Plus I heard great things about their new Wildcat package."

He says the thing that appeals to him the most about Michigan is their offense. "They run the same formation we run," he said. "I like (offensive coordinator) coach Calvin Magee and he said that I'd be able to compete early with (freshman running back) Sam McGuffie for playing time. I also like their tradition."

Despite his interest in the Wolverines, it's their arch rival (Ohio State) that is strongly on the top of Berry's list. "I think Ohio State is going to be great this year," Berry said. "I think they'll be hard to beat. It'll be a good season because I think all these teams have a chance to win it all."

So what would a school need to do to chip away at Ohio State's lead? "They'd have to blow me away the way Ohio State did," he said.

Berry's first game is on September 5 against Columbus High School in Miami.

He reports a 2.5 core GPA, but says he is yet to take the SAT or ACT.
 9 years ago '05        #71
space
space
Wide receiver Kenny Bell sets announcement date
ESPN 150 Watch Lister Kenny Bell is set to pick either Alabama or LSU on Aug. 4th, affiliate Web site CrimsonConfidential.com reports.

He said, "They really are about the same. It's going to be a hard decision for me to make, so I'm really thinking through it. I want to go to the place that feels like home to me, a place where I bond with the coaches, a place where I can get early playing time and a place where I can learn more about football and myself."
Bell added that his recruitment will be final after the decision, "Once I commit, I'm committed. The next time I go somewhere after that, it will just be to one of the games of the school I've committed to."

Up to 17 schools have offered Bell including Auburn, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Colorado, Oregon and Michigan.

Vandy gains second running back in Warren Norman
Warren Norman, who rushed for 1,527 yards and 24 touchdowns as a junior, has called head coach Bobby Johnson and committed to Vanderbilt over Georgia Tech and Iowa State.

He said after visiting campus, "I love what the school is about. They have great academics and a good football team. Coach (Bobby) Johnson seems like a real good guy and so does running backs coach (Desmond) Kitchings," the Spartanburg Herald-Journal reports.
Additionally, Norman appears to be a rock solid pledge, "I'll take my official visit to Vandy, but that's it."

Norman, all all-state performer last fall, joins Zac Stacy (Centreville, Ala/Bibb County) as running back recruits for the Commodores.
 9 years ago '05        #72
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Running back
Pahokee (FL) Pahokee

Ht: 5-foot-7
Wt: 159 lbs

In the class of 2009, Michigan has already received a verbal commitment from Apopka, Fla., athlete Jeremy Gallon, and is in position to receive several more. Among the strongest possibilities are Pahokee, Fla., teammates Vincent Smith and Brandin Hawthorne. Both prospects are set to announce their commitments at Pahokee’s Kickoff Classic game Aug. 30.

Michigan set a precedent at Pahokee when they signed wide receiver Martavious Odoms from that school in the 2008 class. His pledge helped fix his teammates eyes on the Maize and Blue and now both could be joining him in Ann Arbor in 2009.

FlaVarsity.com publisher Michael Langston, who has covered both Pahokee prospects’ careers the past few years, feels Michigan is the team that has the best chance to land both players.

“With Vincent, it’s the ties there, how he would fit into the system and the fact that Michigan offered him first,” Langston said. “With Brandin, he feels comfortable with that staff and feels he can come right in and play linebacker or whatever position they are going to play him. There’s no guarantees, but those are reasons why I think those two will pick Michigan.”

Smith, a 5-foot-7, 159-pound running back prospect with explosive speed and jaw-dropping agility, also holds offers from the likes of Tennessee, Iowa State, Wisconsin and Minnesota, but has consistently listed Michigan among his favorites.

Hawthorne, at 6-1, 196 pounds, played defensive end as a junior, but projects to the outside linebacker position in college. Besides Michigan, Hawthorne has offers from the likes of Tennessee, West Virginia, South Florida and Louisville.

Hawthorne said Monday that his decision will come down to Michigan, West Virginia and South Florida, but he also predicted that he and Smith would be playing together in college. Michigan is the one school remaining on both prospects’ lists, so the writing appears to be on the wall.

“What stands out (about Michigan) is playing in front of those 100,000-plus fans,” Hawthorne said.
 9 years ago '06        #73
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
Anthony Orr has commited to Alabama according to bamaonline.com

3* - rivals.com
3* - scout.com

[pic - click to view]

He chose Bama over Auburn, Clemson, MSU, Tennessee, and South Carolina

Orr is really underrated....
 9 years ago '05        #74
space
space
Lowery says that he has decided to put Florida back on his list, and he make a visit to see the Gators after his first game. He likes the depth charts at Rutgers and Florida, but is concerned about depth at Miami.
updated today
 9 years ago '06        #75
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
How good is Kenny Bell suppose to be???
 9 years ago '05        #76
space
space
 titanreese said:
How good is Kenny Bell suppose to be???

watch his highlights
 9 years ago '06        #77
Against D Grain 
space
space
Well I heard Kenny Bell is a silent LSU commit, he will make it official soon, if not already. I wanted Kenny Bell to come to Bama, Him and Chris Tolliver will make a nice lil duo down in Baton Rouge, but i think we will probably end up with WRs Kendall Kelly & Chad Bumphis (MS) unless Miss state stake claim their claim on Bumphis..
 9 years ago '06        #78
Against D Grain 
space
space
Talk about it in BOL Round Table
Columbia (S.C.) four-star safety Damario Jeffery has offers from coast to coast, including tenders from almost every SEC and ACC school and one from the Southern Cal Trojans. Despite having so many options on the table, the 6-foot-3, 211-pound Jeffery has narrowed his list to three schools, and he'll make his college choice this Friday afternoon.

"It's down to USC (South Carolina), Alabama and Auburn," Jeffery said. "My announcement is going to be Friday at 3:00 (P.M.) at my school. I'll let everyone know where I'm going then."

Jeffery, who runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds, said he's drawn to Carolina for multiple reasons.

"I like all the coaches at USC, and I like how they're pushing to be one of the best teams in the SEC," he said. "They're building new facilities that are going to help them from a football standpoint and an academic standpoint."

Jeffery also likes what the Crimson Tide have to offer.

"I like everything about Alabama," he said. "They have one of the best campuses in the nation, one of the best facilities in the nation and one of the best head coaches in the nation. They have the total package."

Auburn also appeals to Jeffery, who bench presses 325 pounds.

"Auburn has a great program and always has one of the best defenses in the SEC," he said. "I always liked them growing up and have just always liked their style."

Jeffery said he'll make his decision based on several factors.

"It's going to come down to the school that I feel like it telling me the truth and not just telling me what I want to hear," he said. "The depth chart is also a big deal for me. I want to look at the recruiting class and see who's going to be coming in with me and what kind of talent I'm going to be playing with. I want to know I'll have a chance to win an SEC championship wherever I go."

Jeffery said he has a good idea which one he'll pick but offered no hints.

"Everyone will find out on Friday."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on the fence with this one, just because South Carolina being the home state, and Mark Barron who will probably be out starting free in 09, but whoevers gets him I'll give them props because he is a helluva player
 9 years ago '05        #79
space
space
Tide gain another top prospect, Anthony Steen
Defensive / offensive lineman Anthony Steen, an ESPN 150 Watch List prospect, has chosen coach Nick Saban and Alabama.

Steen told affiliate Web site CrimsonConfidential.com, "I talked to (coach) Nick Saban earlier today and told him that I had made up my mind and I was ready to commit. I loved their facilities and everything I saw over there."

Among other offers were Florida State, Miami-Florida, Mississippi State and Southern Mississippi.

:sleepy: he wasn't high on my list so whatever....

Texan Dele Junaid choses Rebels
Mississippi has a commitment from ESPN 150 Watch List defensive back Dele Junaid over Buffalo and Louisiana-Lafayette.

Tate Forcier has three official visit dates set
ESPN 150 Watch List quarterback Tate Forcier will travel to Ann Arbor, Mich. on Aug. 30th for the Wolverines' contest with Utah, will visit Florida on Sept. 6th for Florida vs. Miami and is slated to see the Nittany Lions play the f!ghting Illini on Sept. 27th., according to qbforce.com.

Other potential official visits include Arizona State, New Mexico, Texas A&M, Oregon and Washington State.

Forcier also plans to unofficially visit Stanford a few times this fall to watch the Cardinal and his brother, quarterback Jason Forcier.

Top 3 - Michigan, Florida, Penn State

Tackle Chris Hubbard has three favorites
ESPN 150 Watch List prospect Chris Hubbard told affiliate Web site BullDawgJunction.com, "Basically, I want a college that has a good coaching staff, and I just want to get around and know the school."
"I have offers from UCLA, Mississippi State, Duke, South Florida, Penn State and North Carolina. My top schools are Duke, Mississippi State and UCLA."
He added, "I really love their head coaches. I love their head coaches; all three of them."

Trabis Ward talks official visits, names a favorite
ESPN 150 Watch List running back Trabis Ward said, "South Carolina, Ohio State, LSU, Florida State and Louisville will all get official visits. South Carolina is on top right now," TheBigSpur.com reports.
However, several programs, including the Gamecocks, are closely monitoring Ward's academic situation.
The 5-foot-10, 186-pounder rushed for 1,706 yards and 21 touchdowns during his junior campaign. Ward scored three more times on touchdown receptions.

...no comment, just look at the last pages in the FSU thread
 9 years ago '05        #80
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
Well I heard Kenny Bell is a silent LSU commit, he will make it official soon, if not already. I wanted Kenny Bell to come to Bama, Him and Chris Tolliver will make a nice lil duo down in Baton Rouge, but i think we will probably end up with WRs Kendall Kelly & Chad Bumphis (MS) unless Miss state stake claim their claim on Bumphis..
Ya'll don't need Bell anyways

Kelly is a lock.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy