most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-12-2008, 12:54 PM         #21
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
UNC signed Donte Moss.. That cat is a beast DE and RB. Got speed like Peppers and sh*t
 9 years ago '05        #22
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,086 | Props total: 6985 6985
Seantrel Henderson doesn't mind the stares. He knows people aren't used to seeing a muscular 16-year-old who stands 6 feet 7 and weighs 303 pounds.

Henderson's frame is solid, which leads to bystanders asking: "Do you play football or basketball?"

Henderson proudly responds: "Right now, I'm playing basketball."

Henderson is known more as Cretin-Derham Hall's eye-catching offensive tackle and defensive end, but basketball is his sanctuary this summer.

The coveted junior is playing for the Minneapolis-based Howard Pulley 17-under traveling team, an activity that keeps his mind off what is expected to be a relentless recruiting campaign by many of the nation's top NCAA Division I football programs.

Henderson, a backup power forward for Pulley, already has football scholarship offers from Minnesota, Notre Dame, Florida, UCLA, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Boston College and North Carolina. That list likely will expand once schools can submit written offers after Sept. 1.

Henderson is far from making a decision and doesn't even like to talk about his college plans.

"Everywhere I go almost, people ask me where I'm going (to college)," Henderson said. "It gets a little aggravating sometimes."

He keeps himself in shape by competing against some of the nation's best high school basketball players. The Pulley schedule includes tournaments in Houston, Atlanta, Hampton, Va., Milwaukee and Kansas City, Kan.

Two of Henderson's Pulley teammates are considered the top forwards in the state: Hopkins' Royce White, who has committed to Minnesota, and Robbinsdale Armstrong's Rodney Williams. Basketball, however, is not Henderson's primary focus this summer. When he's not playing or practicing with the Pulley team, he's in the Cretin weight room. Henderson said he can bench press 275 pounds.

But playing for Pulley, one of the state's top youth programs, often leads to another question: "Are you thinking more about basketball in college than football?"

"I like basketball just as much," he said. "I like going out of town to play against good talent. I haven't come to that point yet where it's either basketball or football for me."

Football is where Henderson's reputation is soaring. Last summer, Rivals.com, a leading scouting service for high school football, listed Henderson among its top 10 prospects to watch in the 2010 class.

Rivals will release its top-100 rankings for 2010 next spring, and Henderson virtually is a.ssured of a spot on the list, perhaps among the top 10.

"He's heavily on our radar," said Mike Farrell, national recruiting coordinator for Rivals. "There's a very good chance he'll be one of the nation's most high-profile recruits."

Colleges can't sign Henderson to a national letter of intent until February 2010. NCAA rules prohibit coaches from talking to him directly until next spring's contact period, April 15-May 31.

Many college coaching staffs have been telling Raiders coach Mike Scanlan for two years that they want Henderson. When Henderson was a freshman, he passed by the Cretin athletic department offices and encountered an a.ssistant from the staff of former Gophers coach Glen Mason.

The a.ssistant was at Cretin to talk to wide receiver Michael Floyd and running back Shady Salamon but couldn't pass up the opportunity to introduce himself to Henderson. What happened next startled Henderson.

"The guy offered me a scholarship," Henderson said. "I hadn't even played with the varsity yet."

Too much hype too soon can derail young athletes. Henderson isn't about to let that happen, and neither is his parents. Henderson's father, Sean, rejected his request to get a tattoo.

"My father said I should wait until I'm 18," Henderson said. "I'm OK with that. I don't want to put out perceptions that people might question."

Any notions that Henderson might be a "me-first" athlete were scrapped in April when the Pulley team played in the Kingwood Classic in Houston. Pulley coach Antoine Harris had sent Henderson to the scorer's table to replace White, the team's starting power forward. As Henderson waited to go in, White hit three consecutive shots.

Henderson looked at Harris and said, "Do you really think I should go in?"

Harris and Henderson smiled at each other. Henderson returned to the bench.

"Seantrel is one of the most humble kids on the team," Harris said. "He understood the situation. I got him in the game a couple of minutes later."

Henderson has attracted interest from Division I basketball programs, too. Henderson said he gets two or three letters a day from Marquette. Other basketball programs expressing interest include Miami (Fla.), Iowa and Iowa State.

His priority, Henderson said, is to keep his name and image in good standing as much as possible. Rumors that he was transferring to Totino-Grace before the fall semester and that he already had given the Gophers an oral commitment upset him.

Henderson denied both claims. The rumors made him more careful about what he says and how he handles himself in public.

"I know people are watching me a lot more," he said. "I have to grow up quicker and be more responsible for the choices I make. I know things might be happening fast for me, but I'm ready to handle it."
He has (verbal) offers from Minnesota, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Iowa, Boston College, Florida, Wisconsin, UCLA and North Carolina.
 9 years ago '05        #23
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Offensive guard
Columbus (GA) Carver

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 235 lbs
Forty: 4.6 secs
Bench max: 350 pounds
Squat max: 395 pounds

Claims offers from Florida, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, LSU, Alabama, Duke, Georgia Tech, BC, FSU, Wake Forest, UNC, OSU, PSU, UCLA, Stanford, Southern Miss, and Texas A&M. Claims Duke as a leader, followed by FSU and UCLA.[/QUOTE]
 9 years ago '05        #24
space
space
From the Oklahoma site. Mcfarland has a clear top three of Texas, Oklahoma and LSU, but still plans to take five official visits and make a late decision. Academics are important and he is looking at majoring in Physical Therapy.
 9 years ago '05        #25
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Wide Receiver
Rayville (LA) Rayville

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 160 lbs

Arkansas appears to be in good shape for one of the fastest prep athletes in Louisiana. Wide receiver Kenny Bell, 6- 1, 170, 4. 45, of Rayville, La., has been timed at 10. 4 seconds in the 100 meters and has 18 or 19 scholarship offers from schools such as Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Ole Miss and Nebraska.

Arkansas' camp is one of three camps Bell plans to attend this summer.

"I plan to go to camps at Arkansas, Alabama and LSU over the next few weeks," Bell said. "I'll sit down after that and figure out what I want to do."

Bell had 50 receptions for 900 yards and 15 touchdowns last season, and Rayville Coach Bo Barton said Bell has all the intangibles needed at receiver.

"Kenny Bell is an exciting player to watch and probably the fastest player I've ever coached," Barton said. "Great straightaway speed. He's a kid that has a burst after he catches the ball. He has good hands. He's not afraid to catch the ball across the middle."

Bell is just as impressive off the field, Barton said.

"Kenny is a great kid. He has a good family life," Barton said. "He works 30 hours a week during the summer, plus does all his workouts. He's good student and has already made 17 on the ACT. He's kid everybody would like to coach." Bell said he is looking for a strong academic program and a strong coaching staff. "I'm all about doing my lessons first," said Bell, who hopes to be a physical therapist or a coach after college. "I'm going to get my education before anything. I want a school with a good academic program and good coaches that can teach me what I need to know." He said he hopes to make a decision in late July or early August.
 9 years ago '05        #26
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Macon (MS) Noxubee County High School

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 230 lbs
Forty: 4.7 secs
Bench max: 305 pounds
Squat max: 415 pounds

Committed to Mississippi State. Skinner always liked Miss. State and felt at home with the coaches. Being close to home and the other players coming in were big factors in his choice.
 9 years ago '05        #27
space
space
Miss. State had 3 verbals today...

[pic - click to view]

Wide Receiver
Macon (MS) Noxubee County
Wt: 215 lbs
Forty: 4.5 secs
Bench max: 300 pounds
Squat max: 435 pounds
GPA: 2.9

Committed to Mississippi State. The chance to play in the SEC while staying close to home was the major factor in his choice. He talks about how impressed he is with the incoming class.

__________________________________________________ _______________

'09 MS LB/FB William Shumpert

Fulton (MS) Itawamba Agricultural

Ht: 6-foot-0
Wt: 238 lbs

Committed to Mississippi State while visiting today. He says he really likes the coaches and wanted to be a Bulldog. William is done with recruiting.
 9 years ago '05        #28
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Tight end
Westlake Village (CA) Oaks Christian

Wt: 235 lbs
Forty: 4.64 secs

Coyle was offered by Arizona State last night, and committed today. He says that ever since the spring game at ASU, he knew he wanted to go go there. UCLA offered a few days ago as well, but Coyle decided ASU was the place for him.

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #29
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
fu*k Pat Patterson went to MSU?... sick pick up for Croom
 9 years ago '04        #30
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Top junior LB Nearly Commits to AU

[pic - click to view]

Auburn has already picked up 19 commitments in its 2009 class.

The Tigers nearly got the 2010 class started on Saturday.

Following the Tigers' final camp of the summer, Troy (Ala.) Charles Henderson junior Jawara White, 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, almost became the first commitment in AU's '10 group.

White should be one of the top overall prospects in the state in 2010.
White, who received an early verbal offer from Auburn and was arguably the top linebacker at the one-day camp, was on the verge of making a decision before he left the Plains.

"I thought about it," said White, who plays safety at Henderson but projects at linebacker in college. "Auburn is No. 1 on my list, no doubt about that."

White was a standout all day in Auburn. In 1-on-1s, where the linebackers cover running backs in passing situations, White had two interceptions and two pass break-ups.

White worked exclusively under Tiger linebacker coach James Willis, who is also recruiting White to Auburn. Willis, White said, is a big reason he has the Tigers at the top of his early list of favorites.

"I loved working with coach Willis. I learn something new every time I talk to him," said White. "I love coach Willis. He's like another dad to me. We get along really good. We have a really good relationship."

So good that White nearly gave the AU coach his verbal pledge. Although he ultimately decided against it, White said it might not be much longer.

"Auburn is my home," he said. "I may go ahead and do it soon. I really like Auburn."
 9 years ago '04        #31
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Lots of Standouts at AU's Final Camp

July 12, 2008

Mark Johnson
Special to AuburnSports.com

Talk about it in The Bunker
Auburn wrapped up its summer camp season with Saturday's senior mini-camp, which brought in 270 prospects, including a deep group of offensive skill players.

Quarterback Ryan Mossakowski was among the top Auburn targets in attendance. The 6-foot-4, 201-pounder from Frisco (Texas) Centennial led the quarterback group, showing especially impressive accuracy

Clermont (Fla.) quarterback Jeremy Wright, who also worked with the defensive backs, impressed with both groups.

Mossakowski was the top QB at AU's one-day camp Saturday.
The top-performing wide receivers were Gadsden City (Ala.) Rivals100 wide receiver Kendall Kelly, Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit's Erick McGriff — the son of ex-major-leaguer Fred McGriff — Mobile (Ala.) Murphy junior Solomon Patton and Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson wideout Richard Drake.

Kelly and McGriff currently have offers from Auburn, but the others could pick up offers soon.

After the camp, Kelly noted he enjoys working with Auburn wide receiver coach Greg Knox.

"I learn something new from him every time I come down here," Kelly said. "He treats me like one of the players. If I need help with something, I go to him and he's right there."

Kelly hasn't named a favorite. He says he plans to attend two or three Auburn games this season and is "real likely" to take an official visit to AU.

"It's a great school and a great location," Kelly said. "One of my boys is down here. They've got a pretty good chance."

The running back group was led by Okeechobee (Fla.) four-star Lonnie Pryor, Phenix City (Ala.)'s Orwin Smith and Clay (Ala.) Clay-Chalkville junior D.J. Vincent. Pryor and Smith already have Auburn offers; Vincent will likely receive an offer on or around Sept. 1, the first day juniors can be offered in writing.

Two top prospects, McDonough (Ga.) Henry County wide receiver Jamal Patterson and Montgomery (Ala.) Carver defensive tackle Brandon Moore, watched the camp from the sidelines.

Patterson, who previously attended a combine in Auburn, got a much closer look at AU's campus and facilities this weekend.

"It was great," Patterson said. "I enjoyed it here a lot. I'll be back, for sure."

Patterson is being recruited by Auburn offensive line coach Hugh Nall. He spoke with Nall and head coach Tommy Tuberville Saturday during Auburn's senior mini-camp.

"They were really nice," Patterson said. "They just told me about everything that's here. It's a perfect place to play football, get a great education — everything's here for me."

Patterson says he's "not sure" when he'll make a decision on where to attend college. But Auburn certainly made an impression.

"Seeing Auburn, it's such a great place — it's high on my list right now," he said. "I've just got to talk to my family, let them know how I feel about every place, and then it'll shake out."

Patterson plans unofficial visits to Notre Dame, West Virginia and LSU, but isn't sure when those will take place.

[pic - click to view]

Patterson was sporting an orange and blue shirt Saturday.

O-line/d-line impress

One of the biggest standouts on the offensive line was Nashville (Tenn.) Montgomery Bell Academy's Wesley Johnson. The 6-foot-5, 248-pounder was dominant in one-on-one drills. He came into camp with offers from Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Duke, Memphis and Middle Tennessee.

Patterson was sporting an orange and blue shirt Saturday.
Johnson could be very close to picking up an Auburn offer after his performance Saturday.

"It went really well," Johnson said. "I was expecting to come up here and compete and I did."

Auburn (Ala.) offensive tackle John Sullen also excelled in the mini-camp.

Dothan (Ala.) Houston Academy offensive lineman Josh Williford flashed some ability, but did not dominate in one-on-ones. Williford has offers from LSU and Ole Miss, but has not yet received an Auburn offer.

There were a number of standouts along the defensive line, including Auburn commitment Jamontay Pilson, who was outstanding against the top offensive linemen.

College Park (Ga.) North Clayton defensive end Emanuel Dieke also stood out. The 6-foot-6, 210-pounder, who committed to Georgia Tech in February, picked up an Auburn offer after the camp.

"It's a good program," Dieke said of Auburn. "A lot of history and I like the campus too."

Dieke said he remains committed to Georgia Tech, but is "looking around," and added "I'm really considering Auburn right now."

Hoschton (Ga.) Mill Creek's Ryan Robinson had a strong camp and could pick up an Auburn offer in the coming days. Robinson currently has offers from Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina.

Destreahan (La.) defensive tackle Darrington Sentimore, who has more than 30 scholarship offers, also impressed in the camp.

Another defensive line prospect who impressed was Roswell (Ga.) Centennial defensive end Euclid Cummings.

Standout junior leads strong LB group

Saturday's camp featured an impressive group of linebackers — none more so than Troy (Ala.) Charles Henderson junior [B]Jawara White{/B]. White plays safety for Charles Henderson but projects as a linebacker at the next level.

He looked comfortable at the position Saturday, especially in one-on-one drills against the running backs, where he finished with two interceptions and two pass breakups.

Macon (Ga.) Westside's Julian Burnett and Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stevenson's Nigel Mitchell-Thornton were the top senior linebackers in attendance.

Mitchell-Thornton has offers from Georgia Tech, Stanford, Mississippi State, N.C. State and Wake Forest, among others, but is still waiting to receive an Auburn offer.

Meadville (Miss.) Franklin County's Jamie Collins is a prospect to watch. The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder, who plays quarterback for Franklin County, practiced at linebacker Saturday.

Collins is a work in progress, but has excellent size and speed.

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 07-13-2008 at 02:10 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #32
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,357 | Props total: 346 346
^^ I forgot all about Jamal Patterson from GA, that would be a good pickup for any team.

Oh yeah, you guys commented on Croom, Miss State isnt the whippin boy of the SEC anymore, Croom has & will have them boys right and competing inthe SEC..
 9 years ago '04        #33
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Against D Grain said:
^^ I forgot all about Jamal Patterson from GA, that would be a good pickup for any team.

Oh yeah, you guys commented on Croom, Miss State isnt the whippin boy of the SEC anymore, Croom has & will have them boys right and competing inthe SEC..
Yea I said I wanted wither Patrick or Jamal Patterson and PP just committed to MSU ... Jamal has a 4.5 GPA .. would be a nice pick up

and u definitely right about Miss State, I was just pissed cuz he was a AU WR target and I didn't think he was favoring anyone, Croom tearing it up in recruiting for 09 with 4 highly ranked 4 star players and 8 3s.... Its big to keep Boyd, Patterson, Smith and Cox (all 4 *) in state... most years 1 or to wouldve went to AU another 1 or 2 to Bama and Ole Miss or MSU would get a couple but Croom doing a pretty good job keeping em in state

Im really not big into stars and player rankings but it can't hurt a program like MSU to get some highly rated players

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 07-13-2008 at 02:14 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #34
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Defensive tackle
Miami (FL) Northwestern

Ht: 6-foot-1
Wt: 290 lbs
Forty: 5.19 secs
Bench reps: 22
Vertical: 20 inches
Shuttle: 4.9 secs
Class: 2010 (High School)

Miami, Florida, USF, Clemson, FIU, UNC, UGA, and Alabama have offered. Names a top four of Miami, Florida, Clemson, and UNC.
 9 years ago '05        #35
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Detroit (MI) Country Day High School

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 185 lbs

Committed to Michigan State. The coaching staff and the atmosphere they have established were the majot reason he picked MSU. Curry and Rucker (former Day players) have been keeping him informed about the great things going on at Michigan State.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Junior G; 07-13-2008 at 04:03 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #36
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Glen Ellyn (IL) Glenbard West

Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 270 lbs

committed to Notre Dame over Boston College, Illinois, Ohio State, Penn State, and Virginia

Last edited by Junior G; 07-13-2008 at 04:06 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #37
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Brownwood (TX) Brownwood High School

Ht: 6-foot-6
Wt: 294 lbs
Forty: 5.2 secs
Bench max: 325 pounds
Squat max: 485 pounds
Shuttle: 4.98 secs

Committed to LSU. Lowe says everything "just felt comfortable" when he visited earlier this year. He also says that the atmosphere around Baton Rouge played a big role, as he feels he will be able to stay entertained even when the season is over. He is done with recruiting.
 9 years ago '05        #38
space
space
Miss. State been busy as hell....

[pic - click to view]

Rivals Profile

Oxford (MS) Lafayette High School

"I committed to MSU around 30 minutes ago," added Montez Phillips. "I was thinking about it for a minute, and I wanted to get it over with, and it seemed like they wanted me more. I also wanted to get away from Oxford so I went ahead and committed to MSU."
 9 years ago '04        #39
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Rivals100 RB Visits Auburn

Before he became one of the nation's most sought after prep prospects, David Wilson knew two things about Auburn.

"I knew about the school and about (running backs) Bo Jackson and Cadillac Williams," said Wilson, who is rated a four-star and the nation's No. 4 athlete by Rivals.com.

After visiting Auburn with his family Monday, the 5-foot-11, 193-pound Wilson, who stars at George Washington High School in Danville, Va., said he's learned a lot more.

"It was a real good visit," said Wilson. "I got to come to a state I've never been too. That was fun.

"This is a real good program, a good strong football history. Good running backs went to this school, a lot of them. They have a great schedule and the SEC is good competition."

Wilson said one of the highlights of his visit was talking with AU head coach Tommy Tuberville and running backs coach Eddie Gran, along with getting to tour the campus and town with linebacker coach James Willis.

"They said I'm a good running back and I have a lot of potential," said Wilson. "They said I'm a quick running back and have the potential to be a big running back and do a lot of things to help the team win championships."

Rivals.com ranks Wilson as one of the nation's Top 100 prospects.

Tuberville also emphasized academics and fellowship during their meeting.

"I'm a strong Christian believer and my family as well, that's the way they raised me," said Wilson. "Him having the FCA programs, he talked about that. He talked about how he likes to build family relationships with his players."

Also a track standout, Wilson plans to be a two-sport athlete in college. He checked out AU's track facilities during his trip.

"They're great," he said. "They have a new facility."

Wilson, who has 16 offers, plans to make a decision before his senior season. He said he wasn't going to name any favorites at this time but Auburn appears to be a definite contender.

"They're in the top," said Wilson of Auburn. "I wouldn't be down here if they weren't."

Wilson drove down to Auburn with his parents and younger sister.

"It was a straight shot," he said. "It was a long trip, seven hours, but it wasn't too bad.

"They know wherever I want to go, distance is not a factor."

As a junior, Wilson rushed for 1,557 yards and 17 touchdowns on 136 carries.

Wilson said he runs a 4.31 40-yard dash. His best track times last year were 10.8 in the 100 and a 22.0 in the 200.

Along with Auburn, Wilson has offers from Virginia Tech, Virginia, Michigan, North Carolina, N.C. State, South Carolina, Clemson, Maryland, Georgia Tech and several more.

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 07-14-2008 at 10:13 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #40
space
space

[pic - click to view]

All-purpose back
Wheaton (MD) Our Lady Of Good Counsel

Ht: 5-foot-9
Wt: 170 lbs
Forty: 4.32 secs

Committed to Maryland."Yes, I have [committed]," said Porzel, the No. 27 running back in the nation. "Basically, Maryland is home and I feel comfortable with the coaches and the academic advisers."
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
111 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy