NCAA Football Recruiting Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #181
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
Ya I think he has been a bulldog for a while... just enjoying the recruting process I guess

Supposedly we backed off Farms before the LSU game....mainly b/c of off the field stuff (no specifics)... fuk it i'll post the sh*t from the AU War Room

"But some things happened with Farms, things I won’t go into, that caused the Tigers to back off a bit. When Farms came on an unofficial visit for the LSU game, he started to get the idea something was different with Auburn. By last week, after a conversation with Nall, Farms knew Auburn would be going in a different direction.

Days later, he became a Gamecock."

War Room on Rivals >>>>
 10-05-2008, 07:40 PM         #182
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Looks like Alabama is going to steal Stephon Gilmore from us.

Damnit.
 9 years ago '06        #183
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1036 1036
Tide lands Rivals250 DT

Darrington Sentimore DT
Destrehan (LA) Destrehan

[pic - click to view]

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 265 lbs
Forty: 4.6 secs
Class: 2009 (High School)

Thats Saban stretching that long a.ss hand into LA and grabbing a hell of a pickup. Stole this recruit from LSU:applause::applause:

Highlight Video:

Last edited by titanreese; 10-06-2008 at 11:45 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #184
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,356 | Props total: 346 346
 Darkside Ty said:
Looks like Alabama is going to steal Stephon Gilmore from us.

Damnit.

Yeah i thought Gilmore would pull the trigger this past weekend. But I think he's going to wait it out. I think it comes down to Scar & Bama.. I wouldn't mind having the kid, since he would against last year class.
 9 years ago '05        #185
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
 titanreese said:
Tide lands Rivals250 DT

Darrington Sentimore DT
Destrehan (LA) Destrehan

[pic - click to view]

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 265 lbs
Forty: 4.6 secs
Class: 2009 (High School)

Thats Saban stretching that long a.ss hand into LA and grabbing a hell of a pickup. Stole this recruit from LSU:applause::applause:

Highlight Video:
we would have to offered him to be stole from us
 9 years ago '05        #186
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
dude is a big LSU fan too he gonna play us hard as hell when we play cuz miles didnt offer him
 9 years ago '06        #187
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1036 1036
 K.B. said:
dude is a big LSU fan too he gonna play us hard as hell when we play cuz miles didnt offer him
Yea, I think he might have gone to LSU if yall would have offered him.....Im sure Miles would have gave him eventually
 10-07-2008, 01:00 PM         #188
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Against D Grain said:
Yeah i thought Gilmore would pull the trigger this past weekend. But I think he's going to wait it out. I think it comes down to Scar & Bama.. I wouldn't mind having the kid, since he would against last year class.

I take that back..We are still his leader reportedly..Clemson (those dirty recruiting peices of sh*t) tried to get him to take an official visit this weekend just to tell him to go ANYWHERE but South Carolina..Our coaches quickly put a halt to that and Gilmore changed his mind..he is announcing this Friday..It is between USC and Alabama..Fingers crossed.
 9 years ago '05        #189
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,054 | Props total: 6955 6955
Motta to ND

It hit Bill Motta during Notre Dame's pep rally last Friday night.

The students chanted. The band played. The crowd roared.

The Vero Beach a.ssistant coach soaked up the atmosphere alongside his son Zeke Motta, in town for his official visit to Notre Dame with the Irish set to host the Stanford Cardinal the next day. In that moment any lingering doubt harbored by the former Auburn football player about Notre Dame vanished.

"This place has it all," said the elder Motta.

Actually, from the perspective of this father and coach, now Notre Dame has it all.

Motta committed to the Irish on Thursday afternoon. The 6-foot-2, 207-pound outside linebacker placed a call to tight ends coach Bernie Parmalee at 1:30 p.m. and nearly talked to the rest of the Irish staff with head coach Charlie Weis up next.

"They were pretty surprised, at least I'd like to hope so," Motta said. "I wouldn't say today was just designed as the special day because I knew I had to sit down and reflect on last weekend.

"I felt like I was ready to commit today. I was 100 percent sure when I did."

Motta came out of last weekend with a final four but ultimately chose between two programs: Notre Dame and Florida. The nation's 10th-ranked outside linebacker said the Irish program fit his needs best.

"I just felt like I had a real connection with Notre Dame when I was there," Motta said. "I felt like they could provide everything that a player needed to make it to the top as well as go to the national championship. There's no question that Florida is in the hunt to do that every year, but I feel like Notre Dame, I fit there."

Motta, who said he'll play "SAM backer" at Notre Dame a la Harrison Smith, is the 16th commitment in this Irish class and the highest ranked prospect on defense. Motta is a Rivals250 pick and the nation's No. 143 player overall, just three spots ahead of cornerback Marlon Pollard, also in town for his official visit to Notre Dame last weekend.

"I feel relieved," Motta said. "I feel lucky too that all this is happening to me. I wish it could be happening to some of the other players on our team."

Motta put in serious work to not only earn his Notre Dame offer, but scout the Irish too. He attended the program's summer camp without a scholarship in hand, even though nearly three dozen programs already had seen enough from the hybrid safety. Weis felt the same way after putting Motta through workouts, offering a scholarship before the four-star prospect returned to Florida.

Auburn and Boston College received official visits last month with Florida getting an unofficial visit after the Gators put a scholarship on the table.

But in the end, Notre Dame offered the complete package.

"I think he found what he was looking for and he knew right away," Bill Motta said. "I'm thrilled. He didn't leave many stones unturned. He explored every option and is very confident in his decision. I'm happy that he's very confident.

"He knows what he's getting into, what he's turning down and he's really comfortable with it. As a parent, that's all you can ask for."
 10-14-2008, 01:35 PM         #190
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GILMORE IS A GAMECOCK!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And he said he is going to get DeVonte Holloman to come here too.

What a great week.
 9 years ago '04        #191
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
I figured Motta would go to UF... I knew we didn't have a chance even though his dad played at AU

Last edited by UknowWhatItIs; 10-18-2008 at 12:06 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #192
Jeans&Sneakers 158 heat pts158
space
space
$4,354 | Props total: 1167 1167
the next great Hawaii prospect

V.J. Fehoko

[pic - click to view]

6'0, 225lbs, 4.6 40, 36in Vert

"It's really been crazy," Fehoko told Scout.com Tuesday. "Coaches have been telling me they are going to come down and watch my games and stuff." He added that UCLA has been big on trying to see him soon, and Alabama, Auburn and Nebraska have also expressed serious interest. "Alabama wants to see film and as soon as they do they'll offer me," said V.J.

Nebraska is one of three schools to recently offer Fehoko, the other two being Tennessee and Notre Dame. Stanford, BYU, Utah, Cal, Colorado, Texas Tech, UCLA and Hawai'i are some of the other schools that have already offered. V.J. is currently claiming 13 offers.

Farrington's regular season just finished up, but the Governors are just getting started. "I've had a great season so far," Fehoko said, noting he's racked up 12 sacks, an interception, four forced fumbles and close to 100 tackles in 2008. During Farrington's last game against Kaimuki Fehoko had a dozen stops and nine tackles against perennial power Kahuku. He'll be taking the Governors to face big Stan Hasiak, Chad Lopati, Simione Vehekite and Kapolei.

On the recruiting front, Fehoko isn't listing any top schools yet. "I'm pretty wide open," he said. He added that he's planning on coming to the mainland after the season. "I want to come over to California and visit some schools," he said. "USC, they are really interested in me and calling me to come to their camp. I'm going to stop over there. UCLA and Cal, I'm going to make a couple of stops over there."

But don't think that it's only the west coast for Fehoko. One of his older brothers, Sam, signed out of high school to play defense for Texas Tech. "Location is still pretty broad, because I'm still looking to go to Alabama," he said. "So east, west, north, south - it doesn't matter to me."

And he also hasn't discounted the idea of staying home either. "I'm not forgetting about UH (Hawai'i)," Fehoko said. "I love UH and go to all of their home games. But it all boils down to what fits me the best."
 9 years ago '04        #193
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
ouch... Aaron Murray broke his leg
 9 years ago '04        #194
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,325 | Props total: 11365 11365
 UknowWhatItIs said:
I figured Motta would go to UF... I knew we didn't have a chance
We probably gettin' Bostic. Have a nice shot with Jarvis Jones as well.
 9 years ago '04        #195
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
We probably gettin' Bostic. Have a nice shot with Jarvis Jones as well.
I would take either over Motta

Bostic is going to be a beast
 10-20-2008, 10:56 PM         #196
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 star Ben Axon commits to South Carolina

That gives us 8 4 star commitments.

Spurrier and the staff are on the grind.
 9 years ago '05        #197
space
space
The second recruiting go-round for Chatham (Va.) Hargrave Military Academy quarterback Kevin Newsome – who originally committed to Michigan, then backed out – looks as if it's down to four schools.

The Nittany Lions have Kevin Newsome's attention.

Newsome, a 6-foot-3, 217-pounder, took an unofficial visit to Penn State this past weekend and said he will take an official visit to Happy Valley as well as officials to Boston College, Virginia Tech and possibly Tennessee. A recruit on a visit with Newsome this past weekend who wishes to remain anonymous said he is certain Newsome will end up at Penn State. In addition, a source close to Hargrave says Penn State clearly is the team to beat.

Newsome's official visit to Penn State tentatively is set for Dec. 5. He has an official set for Boston College on Nov. 8. Hargrave plays in Knoxville, Tenn., on Nov. 13, so Newsome could use that opportunity to see the Vols. A visit to Virginia Tech likely will come in late November.

If Newsome does end up at Penn State, it certainly will help the Nittany Lions when it comes to much-needed wide receivers. Newsome is friendly with former Michigan commitment Bryce McNeal, and landing Newsome would be a big deal to standout wide receiver Justin Brown from Delaware.

Speaking of Penn State, numerous prospects who didn't have interest in the Nittany Lions suddenly are interested after the team's awesome start. While Gaithersburg (Md.) Quince Orchard defensive end Jason Ankrah always has loved Penn State, teammate Travis Hawkins - a cornerback - once again is showing a lot of interest. Rutgers commitment Gerald Hodges, a linebacker, took a visit to Penn State last weekend. Some say Hodges is sticking with Rutgers, while others insist he's going to switch to Penn State. Fellow New Jersey prospect Joshua Evans, being recruited as an athlete, has more interest in Penn State now, although he remains a Florida lean.

Georgia tight end commitment Arthur Lynch (formerly Arthur Fontaine) from Dartmouth (Mass.) High still is being pursued by Penn State, Maryland and Virginia, but it's considered unlikely he'll switch his commitment. There also have been rumors about Michigan commitment Anthony LaLota having second thoughts and considering Penn State, but those don't appear to be true at this point.

HEASTIE SETTING VISITS

I mentioned last week in "Whispers" that Chesapeake (Va.) Great Bridge wide receiver Logan Heastie was calling around to other schools to set up visits despite being a West Virginia commitment. Sources now say Heastie has three officials scheduled and is hoping to set up a fourth.

Logan Heastie is set to check out North Carolina this weekend.

Heastie, a 6-2, 192-pounder, will unofficially visit North Carolina this weekend and plans official visits to Penn State the weekend of Nov. 14 and to North Carolina State the weekend of Nov. 28. He also is considering an official visit to Boston College for the weekend of Nov. 7.

If Heastie likes what he sees this weekend, he could take an official visit to Chapel Hill following the season.

A little more than a week ago, Hampton (Va.) Phoebus quarterback Tajh Boyd de-committed from West Virginia and opened up his recruitment. While Boyd and Heastie are good friends and committed to West Virginia together, it looks unlikely they will end up at the same school now. Boyd is interested in, among others, Tennessee, Boston College, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Oregon and Virginia, and he plans to take his official visits after his season is over.

Boyd was supposed to take an unofficial visit to Virginia this past weekend but didn't make it. Instead, he watched a bunch of games on TV to see what offenses caught his attention. Boyd will take an official visit to Tennessee this weekend when the Vols play host to Alabama. He has been contacted by Florida State, Louisville and USF recently and had previous interest from Boston College, Oregon, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn State and others.

West Virginia is expected to get an official visit from Miramar (Fla.) High quarterback Eugene Smith on the weekend of Nov. 7. Smith also is interested in Alabama (official visit set for Oct. 31), Florida State and USF. Clemson reportedly has faded since the firing of Tommy Bowden, and Michigan seems done at quarterback. WVU might have an edge in that Miramar coach Damon Cogdell played at West Virginia when WVU a.ssistant Doc Holliday was in his first stint at the school. Holliday is recruiting Smith for the Mountaineers.

ETC.

• Most people expect Tampa Plant tight end Orson Charles to head to Miami or follow Plant quarterback Aaron Murray to Georgia. But don't count out Florida State, because Seminoles tight ends coach James Coley is making a strong push. Look for FSU to be one of his finalists along with Miami and Georgia.

• A few Minnesota fans were upset when I mentioned a few weeks ago in "Whispers" that committed running back Eric Stephens, from Mansfield (Texas) Timberview, might de-commit and that Texas Tech was a big-time threat to sign him. Following Stephens' official visit to Lubbock the weekend of Oct. 10, sources close to Stephens say he is likely to end up at Texas Tech because distance from home is a factor.

Craig Drummond will announce his college choice on Nov. 2.

• Illinois looks to have a sizeable lead for Chicago Morgan Park defensive end Craig Drummond, who will announce his college choice Nov. 2, his birthday. That will be the day after he takes his official visit to Wisconsin, his other finalist, to watch the Badgers take on the Illini. Drummond was at Illinois this past weekend for an official visit and narrowed his list to Illinois and Wisconsin shortly thereafter. It would be a stunner if the Badgers get him.

• Another top player ready to make a decision is Gastonia (N.C.) Ashbrook wide receiver Jheranie Boyd, who wants to announce Nov. 7. Boyd took an official visit to Illinois this past weekend and will be at Missouri this weekend. He also has taken official visits to Oklahoma and NC State. Florida and Clemson are out of the picture. The Gators wanted him to delay his decision and visit in December, and Clemson fired coach Tommy Bowden. So who leads? Heading into his Missouri visit, this appears to be a race between Oklahoma and North Carolina. Boyd has been to UNC a couple of times for games and is holding his fifth official visit. Oklahoma made quite an impression on Boyd, but distance could do the Sooners in with this prospect.

• Everyone thought Phoenix Desert Vista defensive end Devon Kennard was headed to either USC or Arizona State, and those two programs still seem like the most likely destinations. But following his season-ending injury a few weeks back, sources said Kennard has been taking calls from more schools and is considering more options. The injury has made Kennard look much more closely at the non-football factors in his decision. Many think the injury could "favor" Arizona State, where he would be closer to home.

• North Carolina has moved into the race for Baltimore Dunbar running back Tavon Austin. West Virginia still leads over Penn State, but Austin will take an unofficial visit to Chapel Hill this weekend to check things out.

• It looks as if Michigan is out of it with Minneapolis Breck wide receiver Bryce McNeal. The Wolverines' staff reportedly is moving on and will focus efforts on Florida State commitment Willie Haulstead. Haulstead, from Titusville (Fla.) High, will be taking an official visit to Ann Arbor this weekend.

• Miami Dade Christian linebacker Daniel Mack is expected to decide on his college choice in early November, following his official visit to Wake Forest during the weekend of Oct. 31. The finalists are Wake, Boston College and Liberty.

• Plano (Texas) High running back Rex Burkhead was at the Texas-Missouri game this past weekend. Burkhead has had an incredible senior season and has attracted attention from Texas coaches. He already has taken an official visit to Nebraska and was expected to take an official visit to Stanford and decide between the two. But a Texas offer could change everything – and one could be forthcoming. Burkhead (5-11/190) likely would be offered as an athlete by the Longhorns. Distance could be a factor, so an offer from Mack Brown would solve any issue there as well.
Weekly Whispers (Rumors)
 11-10-2008, 10:56 AM         #198
Darkside Ty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jarvis Giles is going to be a Gamecock..He has officially decommitted from Tennessee and said that we are his number 1..Had a great visit this weekend.

And apparantly, Alshon Jeffrey has decommitted from Southern Cal and should be a Gamecock.

We lead for Sam Montgomery, Quintin Washington, and Devonte Holloman.

Jonathan Scott had a great visit this weekend, and we could land him as well.

This class is going to be nasty.

Spurrier :agreement6:

Last edited by Darkside Ty; 11-10-2008 at 11:24 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #199
space
space
 Darkside Ty said:
Jarvis Giles is going to be a Gamecock..He has officially decommitted from Tennessee and said that we are his number 1..Had a great visit this weekend.

And apparantly, Alshon Jeffrey has decommitted from Southern Cal and should be a Gamecock.

We lead for Sam Montgomery, Quintin Washington, and Devonte Holloman.

Jonathan Scott had a great visit this weekend, and we could land him as well.

This class is going to be nasty.

Spurrier :agreement6:
Giles and Axon will be a sick duo as long as you block for them...they ain't Pryor, Thompson good but they aight
 9 years ago '04        #200
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
i know its for 2010 but any news on jakhari gore?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dead by Daylight - Freddy Krueger Gameplay
13 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
23 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy