Will there ever be a Hip Hop artist as real as Tupac???

most viewed right now
 165
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 107
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 66
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 62
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #61
psylence2k 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
space
$12,809 | Props total: 1831 1831
 AlexG1989 said:
has jay ever stepped out of his self centered wolrd and look at someone else's pain???

did u not see the documentary on mtv where he went to africa and supplied a bunch of ppl there with water to drink??? granted I'm not really into jay-z's music like i am pac's but jay z does give, he isn't AS self centered as u think




u never heard about it because that type of sh*t never gets blown up on the news, the only sh*t u heard about pac on the news was the bad sh*t, never the good sh*t...
Yea im pretty sure we know jay's true intentions and sincerity of his gesture when he had a whole MTV camera crew accompany him and do a full documentary on it, plus knowing it got him a sit in at the UNITED NATIONS, if MTV and the UN didnt care and nobody was watching jay wouldve probably just sent those kids a 24 pack of Dasani. Pac earned millions but continously gave to those in needy , mostly his family and friends and died with only 50 thou in the bank.
 07-09-2008, 09:46 PM         #62
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
you basically k!lled your own statement, if Jay's own life is ALL he knows and deals with then jay would have to be the most self centered person on this earth to NOT pay attention to what is going on around him. Jay's music has hints and sprinkles of other's pain but you can tell he's not comfortable writing full songs about it, what about when he talks about selling his mom crack in one line, or the fact that she worked hard in another, yet jay wont release a song like dear mama for a single??? hmmm, You obviously dont know jays catalogue good enough to argue this, Listen to ANYTHING, on the beanie sigel truth album, that was probably jay's closest song to getting anyting like Pac and he did it ONCE, and the verses were about his boys, his mom, and his nephew, so Jay obviously notices the lives of others. Jay has lil heart in him to MENTION stuff in a line or two but he obviously is too busy stroking his HOVA the GOD ego to go any deeper.
Ummmm Lost Ones? Minority Report? You're All Welcome? Soon You'll Understand?

Stop treating pac like he was a saint. Pac wasn't just rapping he into making movies and films as well being he came from an Arts background.

And what is this "real" you speak of? I fu*k with Pac but when Pac was just a couple years younger then me he was a flamboyant, feminine a.ss dude

Truth is he didn't turn "Thug Life" until AFTER he got his deal so how real is that? What he's "real" because he made a song about his mother? So what, Nas made "Dance"

Buying my mother a house/whip and making sure she's enjoying life >>>>>>>>leaving my family with financial issues


Last edited by REAL_NESS; 07-09-2008 at 09:51 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #63
559player 
space
avatar space
space
$483 | Props total: 0 0
styles p is the realest
 9 years ago '07        #64
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
avatar space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
Nobody has been as consistent as Tupac at delivering a certain caliber or music. He had great production for singles especially, a voice that drew people into his words, and he could act which contributed to his image. This is why people respected him as a rapper so much compared to most other well known artists. Other artists do talk about the same subjects but none of them get the music to the people as well as Pac.

With his image, he relied more on himself rather than copying other people. This is something a lot of people respected. He had a mind of his own and you could tell. Again, other artists who have the same mindsets never blossomed in the industry and media. They're either underground or haven't had as much success as an overall entertainer.
 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM         #65
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
you're wrong, pac wanted money as much as the next n1gga, the sh1t that k!lls me more than the uninformed harping on pac's negatives, are the ones that only remember what they feel are positives, like he was some kind of saint, he was a real n1gga, simple as that

"my lyrics are blueprints to money makin", don't act like pac wasn't paper chasing, but he bared his soul while doing it



talk what you know about, for the life of me i will never understand n1ggas that run off at the mouth about sh1t they really don't understand

pac would tell you himself he wasn't john gotti, but he was never rich, he was always impoverished until he got ito the rap game, stupid a.ss people, like yourself saying that he "didnt' get gangsta til he got with death row" are UNINFORMED, even when pac was a roadie for DU, he was going hard on n1gggas, he was only on death row for 9 FUCCKING MONTHS OF HIS LIFE, and he probably got into the least amount of trouble while he was there

shooting two cops, beating up huges brothers, the live squad sh1t, shock g, bumpy knuckles and the like all confirming that that n1gga was a "goon" ALL BEFORE death ROW RECORDS, if you gonna speak on it, get your story right

"honor student in a poet class"? what poet class n1gga, he went to the school for arts where there were classes aimed at everything possible in an artistic setting, and even then he was still poor, him going to that school ain't mean he wasn't still living in the hood, he got to go there on the strenth of who his mama was and what she meant to the movement, the n1gga still had holes in his shoes

when you put a 17 year old with an absent crack head mother out in the middle of the streets of the bay homeless and hungry, what behavior do you expect the n1gga to pick up?
you need to stop nitpicking what u think is easy to detest and read what i said ENTIRELY. I said he didnt want to SELL OUT AND MAKE MONEY. Meaning he wasn't going to go against himself and his values to make money. Of course the n*gga was caking up it but money was just not higher than ""LIFTING THE BLACK COMMUNITY" " on his agenda.
 07-09-2008, 09:53 PM         #66
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngholla said:
since when has making money was selling out....and Pac could barely help himself finacially, because all rights to his music went to Suge....i'll quote "quote Jay on this note "own boss, own your masters, slaves the mentality i carry with me tell this very day"
Making money is not selling out. I said he didnt SELL OUT in order to make the money. Big difference.
 9 years ago '08        #67
lifetimez 
space
avatar space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
This thread is hilarious.

I didn't know we had people who studied the psyche of Pac when he was making music.
 9 years ago '06        #68
Pitts Gutta 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 12 12
The Game is the realest since Pac.He speaks real sh*t.
 9 years ago '04        #69
psylence2k 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
space
$12,809 | Props total: 1831 1831
 REAL_NESS said:
Ummmm Lost Ones? Minority Report? You're All Welcome? Soon You'll Understand?

Stop treating pac like he was a saint. Pac wasn't just rapping he into making movies and films as well being he came from an Arts background.

And what is this "real" you speak of? I fu*k with Pac but when Pac was just a couple years younger then me he was a flamboyant, feminine a.ss dude

Truth is he didn't turn "Thug Life" until AFTER he got his deal so how real is that? What he's "real" because he made a song about his mother? So what, Nas made "Dance"

Buying my mother a house/whip and making sure she's enjoying life >>>>>>>>leaving my family with financial issues

Minority Report was to cash in on Katrina's publicity, lemme see him make a statement like Kanye and ill give him credit, jay just follows the bandwagon once the rest of the group is on.

Lost ones was about his own relationships, so was soon youll understand

and you're welcome??? basically proves my point about the whole self centered persona

and no one even mentioned thug life, pac's gangsta rap songs arent even all that to be honest, and it's not just one song its his whole catalogue, i see you have a problem seeing the bigger picture so you might wanna quit.
 9 years ago '08        #70
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 2303 2303
Hold the phone.. I just know cuz isn`t insinuating that Jay is on par with Pac as far as real music is concerned...Real rappers: Nas, Scarface, Budden, ect.
 9 years ago '08        #71
lifetimez 
space
avatar space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
Every other city we go
Every other vi-deo
It's all about u
No matter where I go
I SEE THE SAME HOOOOOOOOOOOO
 9 years ago '05        #72
PussyFiend 
space
avatar space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
There will never ever be another 2pac....

Joe Budden is the closest to ever come to pac status with the realness....

close thread
 9 years ago '05        #73
PussyFiend 
space
avatar space
space
$5,551 | Props total: 637 637
and

@ anybody mentioning jay z

fu*k outta here.....most pathetic sh*t to say ...real talk ...
 07-10-2008, 01:25 AM         #74
Anthony O 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pus*yFiend said:
and

@ anybody mentioning jay z

fu*k outta here.....most pathetic sh*t to say ...real talk ...
but joe buddens is the next best thing to pac...c mon g get the fu*k outta here with that...nas>buddens
 9 years ago '07        #75
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
avatar space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4417 4417
This thread was obviously made as a joke...

2Pac = REAL?

GTFOH...
 07-10-2008, 01:49 AM         #76
WantedButTaken 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NEVER, Pac can never and will never be replaced. :thumbsdow to anybody who think they the next Pac
 07-10-2008, 01:54 AM         #77
[BMAN] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The First Song On All Eyes On Me >>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything And Song Any Rapper Puts Out
 07-10-2008, 01:56 AM         #78
[BMAN] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pus*yFiend said:
and

@ anybody mentioning jay z

fu*k outta here.....most pathetic sh*t to say ...real talk ...
WORD fu*k JAY Z n*gga BITES BIGS WHOLE STEELOS AND NAS fu*k THAT NI66ER AHHA GET IT
 07-10-2008, 02:12 AM         #79
deejay_emcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
you're wrong, pac wanted money as much as the next n1gga, the sh1t that k!lls me more than the uninformed harping on pac's negatives, are the ones that only remember what they feel are positives, like he was some kind of saint, he was a real n1gga, simple as that

"my lyrics are blueprints to money makin", don't act like pac wasn't paper chasing, but he bared his soul while doing it



talk what you know about, for the life of me i will never understand n1ggas that run off at the mouth about sh1t they really don't understand

pac would tell you himself he wasn't john gotti, but he was never rich, he was always impoverished until he got ito the rap game, stupid a.ss people, like yourself saying that he "didnt' get gangsta til he got with death row" are UNINFORMED, even when pac was a roadie for DU, he was going hard on n1gggas, he was only on death row for 9 FUCCKING MONTHS OF HIS LIFE, and he probably got into the least amount of trouble while he was there

shooting two cops, beating up huges brothers, the live squad sh1t, shock g, bumpy knuckles and the like all confirming that that n1gga was a "goon" ALL BEFORE death ROW RECORDS, if you gonna speak on it, get your story right

"honor student in a poet class"? what poet class n1gga, he went to the school for arts where there were classes aimed at everything possible in an artistic setting, and even then he was still poor, him going to that school ain't mean he wasn't still living in the hood, he got to go there on the strenth of who his mama was and what she meant to the movement, the n1gga still had holes in his shoes

when you put a 17 year old with an absent crack head mother out in the middle of the streets of the bay homeless and hungry, what behavior do you expect the n1gga to pick up?
:sleepy:
 07-10-2008, 06:43 AM         #80
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Minority Report was to cash in on Katrina's publicity, lemme see him make a statement like Kanye and ill give him credit, jay just follows the bandwagon once the rest of the group is on.

Lost ones was about his own relationships, so was soon youll understand

and you're welcome??? basically proves my point about the whole self centered persona

and no one even mentioned thug life, pac's gangsta rap songs arent even all that to be honest, and it's not just one song its his whole catalogue, i see you have a problem seeing the bigger picture so you might wanna quit.
Seeing the bigger picture? So basically you dismiss Pac's negative aspects but scrutinize other MCs for their faults? fu*k outta here

Pac was no more real or fake then any other rapper in the game, you fans just seek a martyr. And at you ignoring the fact that Pac turned thug AFTER he got a deal
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy