Will there ever be a Hip Hop artist as real as Tupac???

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #41
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,476 | Props total: 69976 69976
eminem close thread.....

Lose Yourself

Kim

Stan

The Way I Am

Like Toy Soldiers

Marshall Mathers

Til I Collapse

Soldier

8 Mile

Mockingbird

I mean classics.......
 9 years ago '04        #42
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440
eminem close thread.....

Lose Yourself

Kim

Stan

The Way I Am

Like Toy Soldiers

Marshall Mathers

Til I Collapse

Soldier

8 Mile

Mockingbird

I mean classics.......
Em is one of my favorites and I think he is a more talented "mc" but as far as this thread and "realness" he doesn't even compare to pac.

"Changes", "Brenda's got a baby" "so many tears" "me against the world" "Unconditional love" "do for love" "only god can judge me" "Pain" "pour out a little liqour" "I ain't mad at cha" "letter to my unborn child" "po n*gga blues"................ I could go on and on and I don't know how anyone could think any hip hop artist of this time could be as "real" as Pac. He just displayed so much emotion in his songs and his lyrics in his is songs like the one I listed above weren't just your average rap song it was poetry. If you put down most of these rappers lyrics on paper and just read them they wouldn't be that impressivve it's just their flow and delivery that makes it good (which I know is a part of hip hop but I'm just talking in a lyrical matter) but if you put down pacs lyrics on paper he writes some touching stuff.

Last edited by efromthev; 07-09-2008 at 02:33 PM..
 07-09-2008, 02:43 PM         #43
LetEmKnow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
Pac made ghetto tails up on his way home from art school

You a real dumbass. You do realize Pac was homeless and was on the streets and had a mother on crack right? You realize he grew up in the poorest streets of Baltimore right? Pac relates to the streets more than Jay ever will. And it's not tails you dumb fu*k, it's tales!
 9 years ago '06        #44
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,238 | Props total: 1554 1554
i don't think pacs a hippocrypt he just rap of what he felt at that time he used to see a bag lady he would rap about that and trys to step in to other peoples shoes.Very diverse from dear mama to i get around to pain to troublesome he had a song for eveything thats what i thing made em great and easier to relate.
 9 years ago '05        #45
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
 psylence2k said:
...Brenda's got a Baby (first single he ever put out)...
This was not his 1st single!!!
Trapped was the 1st single off of that CD!!!
 07-09-2008, 03:57 PM         #46
the rock 1.0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gucci mane :rasta:
 07-09-2008, 06:38 PM         #47
AlexG1989 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Has jay ever took time to step outta his own self centered world and take a look at someone else's pain? Has he ever talked about lil pregnant Brenda? or made a Keep your head up, or wonder why they call you bytch?
has jay ever stepped out of his self centered wolrd and look at someone else's pain???

did u not see the documentary on mtv where he went to africa and supplied a bunch of ppl there with water to drink??? granted I'm not really into jay-z's music like i am pac's but jay z does give, he isn't AS self centered as u think

so basically the same could be said about pac right...maybe he did the brenda's gotta baby to expand his fanbase so that women and n*ggas would feel him, because in reality i've never heard about pac donating funds for orphen's or anything, which tells that he's just all talk right
u never heard about it because that type of sh*t never gets blown up on the news, the only sh*t u heard about pac on the news was the bad sh*t, never the good sh*t...
 07-09-2008, 06:39 PM         #48
bay224 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2pac was a fake thug
 9 years ago '04        #49
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 youngholla said:
so basically the same could be said about pac right...maybe he did the brenda's gotta baby to expand his fanbase so that women and n*ggas would add to his sales, because in reality i've never heard about pac donating funds for orphen's or anything, which tells that he's just all talk right
you crack babies should do the knowledge before you go speaking on someone that you know nothing about

and the reason why pac was so real is because he expressed himself without a FILTER, whatever came out came out...there was no "oh i can't feel this way ever because i did this song", that is HUMAN NATURE, to feel differently about things under different circumstances, n1ggas that try to live up to their music are the fake ones

the n1gga pac wouldn't even re-write his songs, or do extra takes to fix certain words, he just let it all come out at once so that it was RAW, whatever was on his mind, peace or war, respect or revenge, thats not being a hypocrite, thats called being a human being

he wasn't the realest because he was "gangsta", he was the realest because he was the most HUMAN, n1ggas that "love" pac, and his music didn't just love the positivity, or the great things he was known for, we appreciated the entire package of what made him who he was, the good bad and the ugly

if you were sent to jail by a lying a.ss female who claimed that she r*ped you, yet no physical evidence says anything of the sort, would you feel like doing songs like "keep ya head up?", pac felt like he went to bat for females, and then the same type of women he went to bat for, turned around and got him labled a rapist 3 days after she succked his d1ck on a crowded dance floor, THAT IS NOT A WOMAN, thats a b1tch, and b1tches should never be put in the same catagory as hard working, respectable, responsible women, hence "wonder why they call you b1tch"
 07-09-2008, 07:17 PM         #50
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
you crack babies should do the knowledge before you go speaking on someone that you know nothing about

and the reason why pac was so real is because he expressed himself without a FILTER, whatever came out came out...there was no "oh i can't feel this way ever because i did this song", that is HUMAN NATURE, to feel differently about things under different circumstances, n1ggas that try to live up to their music are the fake ones

the n1gga pac wouldn't even re-write his songs, or do extra takes to fix certain words, he just let it all come out at once so that it was RAW, whatever was on his mind, peace or war, respect or revenge, thats not being a hypocrite, thats called being a human being

he wasn't the realest because he was "gangsta", he was the realest because he was the most HUMAN, n1ggas that "love" pac, and his music didn't just love the positivity, or the great things he was known for, we appreciated the entire package of what made him who he was, the good bad and the ugly

if you were sent to jail by a lying a.ss female who claimed that she r*ped you, yet no physical evidence says anything of the sort, would you feel like doing songs like "keep ya head up?", pac felt like he went to bat for females, and then the same type of women he went to bat for, turned around and got him labled a rapist 3 days after she succked his d1ck on a crowded dance floor, THAT IS NOT A WOMAN, thats a b1tch, and b1tches should never be put in the same catagory as hard working, respectable, responsible women, hence "wonder why they call you b1tch"
did the same dude that r*ped pac r*pe you, because your mad angry for no reason, pac imo is overrated....you cant change my opinion, so k!ll yourself or deal with the fact that everybody wont agree with you, angry a.ss homo
 07-09-2008, 07:37 PM         #51
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AK1 said:
How is Eminem not as real as Pac? He basically spit his autobiography on SSLP, MMLP, and Eminem show.

Or what about Big L? When he was still with C.O.C. (with Mase, Cam'ron, Bloodshed & McGruff), labels wanted to sign Big L but not the rest... which made L decline those offers.. he wanted everybody to be a part of it.

I mean there are many artists real as hell in the game.
Em is a legendary rapper and will be one remembered as one of the best at expressing his own feelings about his OWN life. PAC was more about helping society as a whole and was a lot more selfless. As for being real... Em is realer than most but u just cant compare his legacy to Pacs....All those gay wacky a.ss comedy singles Em put out sorta k!lled his "real" image. Pac never sucked no corporate d*ck to get cash whatsoever. Selling out and making money was not part of his agenda.
 07-09-2008, 07:51 PM         #52
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hurricanegamePZ said:
Em is a legendary rapper and will be one remembered as one of the best at expressing his own feelings about his OWN life. PAC was more about helping society as a whole and was a lot more selfless. As for being real... Em is realer than most but u just cant compare his legacy to Pacs....All those gay wacky a.ss comedy singles Em put out sorta k!lled his "real" image. Pac never sucked no corporate d*ck to get cash whatsoever. Selling out and making money was not part of his agenda.
since when has making money was selling out....and Pac could barely help himself finacially, because all rights to his music went to Suge....i'll quote "quote Jay on this note "own boss, own your masters, slaves the mentality i carry with me tell this very day"
 9 years ago '04        #53
web3x 
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 104 104
I hope one day
 07-09-2008, 08:26 PM         #54
deejay_emcee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 letemknow said:
it's Not A Contradictory With 2pac. It's Called Diversity. He Released "i Get Around" And "keep Ya Hed Up" Back To Back On Purpose. He Broke Females Down Into 2 Categories. One Being About Women And The Other Being About Hoes And Bi*ches! Educate Yourself And Stop Talking Out Of Your a.ss!
Thats Not What Im Talking About U Lame

Its About His Overall Life

He Never Started To Be A Gangsta Until He Joined Tha Gangsta Label Known As death Row

He Claimed To Be A Rough One Since A Junior

But He Was Actually An Honor Student In His Poet Class And Never Been In Trouble With The Law Until Aafftteerr He Became Famous

So You Recognize And Educate Your Self Busta

Btw My Top 5 All Time Goes Like This.

1. 2 Pac
2. Rakim
3. Jay-z
4. Nas
5. Eminem
 07-09-2008, 08:56 PM         #55
U.G.K. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AIshiitsonall said:
how can anyone respect ur sorry a.ss when all u do is hate on GOAT
its time to grow the fu*k up...seriously dude:
And you think AI is the GOAT of Basketball, your opinion is worthless white boy, take them posters of pack off your wall

slimwillie said:
you mad?

go watch wrestling or is it wrastlin where you live hick?
Let em knowwwwww n*gga, that hoe defends pack like hes his father

Cezaroh said:
i don't think pacs a hippocrypt he just rap of what he felt at that time he used to see a bag lady he would rap about that and trys to step in to other peoples shoes.Very diverse from dear mama to i get around to pain to troublesome he had a song for eveything thats what i thing made em great and easier to relate.
What a fu*king dumbass
 9 years ago '07        #56
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
saigon when he was first coming out, fresh from jail... he was spittin wit a chip on his shouler.

when he made songs like

No Idea
Pop Quiz
True Story
Yes
Sho'nuff
Letter to Omnipotent
Come Again
I Know
etc

man saigon was that n*gga...

Last edited by Truth B T0ld; 07-09-2008 at 09:14 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #57
psylence2k 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 youngholla said:
since when has making money was selling out....and Pac could barely help himself finacially, because all rights to his music went to Suge....i'll quote "quote Jay on this note "own boss, own your masters, slaves the mentality i carry with me tell this very day"
Jay got lucky, it's not like he was deteremined to start from scratch from the get go, dude HAD to do his own thing cuz no one would sign him, if he wouldve got signed to a multi album deal and never got offered presidency he wouldve been like any other rapper.
 9 years ago '04        #58
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 hurricanegamePZ said:
you're wrong, pac wanted money as much as the next n1gga, the sh1t that k!lls me more than the uninformed harping on pac's negatives, are the ones that only remember what they feel are positives, like he was some kind of saint, he was a real n1gga, simple as that

"my lyrics are blueprints to money makin", don't act like pac wasn't paper chasing, but he bared his soul while doing it

deejay_emcee said:
Thats Not What Im Talking About U Lame

Its About His Overall Life

He Never Started To Be A Gangsta Until He Joined Tha Gangsta Label Known As death Row

He Claimed To Be A Rough One Since A Junior

But He Was Actually An Honor Student In His Poet Class And Never Been In Trouble With The Law Until Aafftteerr He Became Famous

So You Recognize And Educate Your Self Busta
talk what you know about, for the life of me i will never understand n1ggas that run off at the mouth about sh1t they really don't understand

pac would tell you himself he wasn't john gotti, but he was never rich, he was always impoverished until he got ito the rap game, stupid a.ss people, like yourself saying that he "didnt' get gangsta til he got with death row" are UNINFORMED, even when pac was a roadie for DU, he was going hard on n1gggas, he was only on death row for 9 FUCCKING MONTHS OF HIS LIFE, and he probably got into the least amount of trouble while he was there

shooting two cops, beating up huges brothers, the live squad sh1t, shock g, bumpy knuckles and the like all confirming that that n1gga was a "goon" ALL BEFORE death ROW RECORDS, if you gonna speak on it, get your story right

"honor student in a poet class"? what poet class n1gga, he went to the school for arts where there were classes aimed at everything possible in an artistic setting, and even then he was still poor, him going to that school ain't mean he wasn't still living in the hood, he got to go there on the strenth of who his mama was and what she meant to the movement, the n1gga still had holes in his shoes

when you put a 17 year old with an absent crack head mother out in the middle of the streets of the bay homeless and hungry, what behavior do you expect the n1gga to pick up?
 9 years ago '04        #59
space
space
space
 lifetimez said:
AHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA HA

*catches breath*

AHHAHAHAHAHA

You know this how? Who are you comparing him to? Are you sure?
Are you death, blind, dumb, or all three? Pac was the least self-centered rap legend out there, you know why? look at his singles, then look at the singles of other rappers, Almost all of Pac's singles were about the pain, betterment or love of OTHER individuals or a group. In a rap game where you are expected to build your own tough gangsta or playboy image to get respect Pac took the completely opposite route and said phuck this there too much shyt fu*ked up in my community to make a "cant knock the hustle" or "juicy" or "the world is yours" or "gin and juice". He did make a commercial party hit here and there but his main agenda was to voice the problems of the ghetto. Have you even listened to a Pac cd before?
 9 years ago '04        #60
space
space
space
 slimwillie said:
please tell me you're not this dumb. you're discrediting Jay for writing about himself? so Pac was real cause he wrote about others pain Jay kept his life out there because THATS WHAT HE KNOWS AND DEALS WITH. Pac made ghetto tails up on his way home from art school

you're clueless. Jay writes from his persepctive as all artist should. I don't need Jay to write songs for battered woman. thats what Mary,Eve and Keysha do
you basically k!lled your own statement, if Jay's own life is ALL he knows and deals with then jay would have to be the most self centered person on this earth to NOT pay attention to what is going on around him. Jay's music has hints and sprinkles of other's pain but you can tell he's not comfortable writing full songs about it, what about when he talks about selling his mom crack in one line, or the fact that she worked hard in another, yet jay wont release a song like dear mama for a single??? hmmm, You obviously dont know jays catalogue good enough to argue this, Listen to ANYTHING, on the beanie sigel truth album, that was probably jay's closest song to getting anyting like Pac and he did it ONCE, and the verses were about his boys, his mom, and his nephew, so Jay obviously notices the lives of others. Jay has lil heart in him to MENTION stuff in a line or two but he obviously is too busy stroking his HOVA the GOD ego to go any deeper.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago