Derrick Rose is A Joke

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
77 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #141
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
 Rique said:
You can't completely say what people are going to be in summer league but u get a glimpse. Rose didn't have great ball handling skills and is capable of getting a few a.ssist but is not and should never be compared to CP3.
But the fact that you have already shunned this man on his first taste of NBA action pretty much makes you look like an idiot. I can see if he played 3 games, then yes, but the fact that you have already sealed his fate after one game, makes your comments look stupid and not to be taken seriously, even if you are right.

The whole premise in which you are basing your argument on after one game is pure foolishness.

Your overreaction is hysterical and comical at best.
 9 years ago '06        #142
Rique 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
$40,488 | Props total: 17932 17932
 Hold That said:
But the fact that you have already shunned this man on his first taste of NBA action pretty much makes you look like an idiot. I can see if he played 3 games, then yes, but the fact that you have already sealed his fate after one game, makes your comments look stupid and not to be taken seriously, even if you are right.

The whole premise in which you are basing your argument on after one game is pure foolishness.

I hope you feel the same way when hes starting for u this year
 9 years ago '05        #143
space
space
 Rique said:
I hope you feel the same way when hes starting for u this year
I will because he's a fu*king PG.

There really hasn't been any PG's in the last 10 years who came into the league as a rookie playing like an All-Star. Not one.
 9 years ago '05        #144
space
space
What people need to realize is Beasley only has to worry about 1 thing on the court and that's scoring. Which he does well.

A PG transition into the NBA is far more complicated and is often the hardest position to play in the league. This is why most true PG's struggle in their first years, they have to get accustomed to new teammates in knowing specific spots and where his teammates like the ball. They need to make sure the offense is being ran properly, they need to make sure everyone is involved, they need to make sure they are scoring when there team needs a scoring burst.

This is why the PG position is compared to the QB position in football. There's so much the PG has to do, and the fact that n*ggas are acting like Rose is a bust because he didn't put everything together in his first summer league game, and he hasn't payed with his teammates for one full week(most of them won't even be on the Bulls roster), is fu*king stupid.

There's a lot of people in this thread who showed how fu*kin foolish they are, and how little they really know about the game of basketball. Even if Rose does fail, not a real NBA mind would even come up with the a.ssumption Rose would fail after one summer league game. Like I said, some of you n*ggas come straight out of comic books and then act like you know the game. When in reality you don't know sh*t.

[/thread]

Last edited by Hold That; 07-08-2008 at 12:25 PM..
s1eepyboy gave props

9 years ago '04        #145
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
 Hold That said:

A lot of people up here are used to looking like idiots, so they don't even realize it
 9 years ago '06        #146
Rique 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
So today we saw what Rose said was the "real Derrick Rose"

9 pts 2-9 shooting 7 a.ssist 3 turn overs
 9 years ago '04        #147
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11565 11565
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
9 Points (2-9)
6 Rebounds
7 a.ssists
3 Steals
3 Turnovers

Is a bad game?
yes because since hes the number 1 pick

2 for 9 that n*gga a scrub
 9 years ago '05        #148
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
yes because since hes the number 1 pick

2 for 9 that n*gga a scrub
He would have had 14 a.ssist if Tyrus, Demetrius Nichols, and Noah knew how to catch the ball and finish.

His jumper is as advertised though, fu*kin horrible.
 07-08-2008, 10:42 PM         #149
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not to defend the dude but, It could be he aint giving he's all because the games don't mean nothing and he aint trying to get hurt.

the turnovers I can understand because he haven't played with these players that are just trying to make a roster.

I think he's a poor man's Stephan Marbury(rookie). Strong, quick, but can't shoot consistantly. We will see if he just benefited from having alot of talent on his team in college, i.e Jason Willams?
 9 years ago '05        #150
space
space
^The guy is nothing like Marbury he hasn't looked for his shot in the summer league. NOTHING like Marbury. In fact he's unselfish to a fault.

He's been playing like a poor mans Jason Kidd so far.
 9 years ago '06        #151
Rique 60 heat pts60 OP
space
space
 cpalmer1 said:
Not to defend the dude but, It could be he aint giving he's all because the games don't mean nothing and he aint trying to get hurt.

the turnovers I can understand because he haven't played with these players that are just trying to make a roster.

I think he's a poor man's Stephan Marbury(rookie). Strong, quick, but can't shoot consistantly. We will see if he just benefited from having alot of talent on his team in college, i.e Jason Willams?
When every1 was bashing him yesterday he said today you will see the real Derrick Rose
 07-08-2008, 10:54 PM         #152
cpalmer1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
^The guy is nothing like Marbury he hasn't looked for his shot in the summer league. NOTHING like Marbury. In fact he's unselfish to a fault.

He's been playing like a poor mans Jason Kidd so far.
I didn't say anything about his selfish or unselfishness: Strong and quick and good court vision. that's the only two comparisons with young Marbury. And Marbury averaged 8 a.ssist a game. I can see Rose doing that in his Rook year. Maybe 10 ppg.

I don't see him being a beast like CP3, or Darron Willams because Rose can't shoot like Darron or can pass like CP3. He don't have the pieces around him to do that a.sset monster.

Rique said:
When every1 was bashing him yesterday he said today you will see the real Derrick Rose

Yikes..:wow:

Last edited by cpalmer1; 07-08-2008 at 10:55 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #153
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,358 | Props total: 11565 11565
 Hold That said:
He would have had 14 a.ssist if Tyrus, Demetrius Nichols, and Noah knew how to catch the ball and finish.

His jumper is as advertised though, fu*kin horrible.
u can say that about every1 who recieves a pass and shoots the ball
 9 years ago '05        #154
space
space
 cpalmer1 said:
I didn't say anything about his selfish or unselfishness: Strong and quick and good court vision. that's the only two comparisons with young Marbury. And Marbury averaged 8 a.ssist a game. I can see Rose doing that in his Rook year. Maybe 10 ppg.

I don't see him being a beast like CP3, or Darron Willams because Rose can't shoot like Darron or can pass like CP3. He don't have the pieces around him to do that a.sset monster.

Yikes..:wow:
Well Rose actually does have the pieces to be an a.ssist monster in the type of passing he shows. He really likes to drive and kick alot, and in the 2nd game he racked up about 6 of his a.ssist in the first half.

He could have gotten 10 a.ssist if he was passing to Ben Gordon and Luol Deng on the wing instead of JamesOff Curry and Demetrius Nichols.

Rose is alot faster than Marbury in the open court, and alot stronger. Remember Kidd has always been considered the strongest PG in the league coupled with Speed.

Thats why I said a poor mans Jason Kidd. His court vision is quite not there, but not too far off, but his shooting is exactly like Kidd's at this point.
 9 years ago '07        #155
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 demon9991 said:
he's supposed to be the next CP3
No. I hate when people say things like that. There will not be another Wade or another CP3. This year's rookie class is the most overrated of all time. It's a draft class full of busts.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
147 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
95 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
117 comments
1 day ago