Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
14 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 07-07-2008, 08:30 AM         #41
BklynzYoung J 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dumb postt
 07-07-2008, 08:36 AM         #42
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 timdog said:
this all im saying ll and rakim never portrayed the gangsta dealer lifestyle through their music

i never said they didnt have homies who were affiliated with the game

now as far the 88 i keep mention jay-z raps about it his rhymes about

back in 88 when i selling weight takeover diss

im talking about when he came out with his 1st album rd he potrayed himself as big time drug dealer my

my dough is 2.2. pounds bring it on

i came in the game a hundred grand strong

now if he was rollin like he says he was b4 he started rappin by evedince of reasonable doubt and beyond he wouldnt have been apart of that garbage with jaz he coulda been like yo jaz im caked homey we aint gotta act like we jazzy and prince im caked up homey we can wait on the right deal if he was the man he claim he was

n*gga look at a fresh prince and jazzy jeff video and look at that one and you see why i brought them up
Reasonable Doubt was a Mafioso concept album of course HOV gonna depict himself as a Kingpin.
 9 years ago '08        #43
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23319 23319
n*ggaz act like drug dealers is all thugs

hippie white dudes sell drugs, thats tells you how hardcore that sh*t is. If you not on BET's American Gangster you not the kingpin you portraying. Anybody can buy a sack then re sell the sh*t pop on a track and talk about pounds and kis.

If he ain't doin numbers like the lottery he ain't sell as many drugs as you think. Then again just like jeezy, a rapper who know a druglord might just rap about his friends life.

Last edited by Arson; 07-07-2008 at 08:47 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #44
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 timdog said:
this all im saying ll and rakim never portrayed the gangsta dealer lifestyle through their music
reality rap wasn't the norm on the 80's bruh, rakim and LL never portrayed that, because thats not what was hot in the rap game, that didn't come along til post 90's in full force is what i'm trying to get you to see...jay's debut CAME OUT IN 96, by then, obcl had dropped..n1ggas was already full in full swing with the drug/reality raps

timdog said:
i never said they didnt have homies who were affiliated with the game

now as far the 88 i keep mention jay-z raps about it his rhymes about

back in 88 when i selling weight takeover diss

im talking about when he came out with his 1st album rd he potrayed himself as big time drug dealer my

my dough is 2.2. pounds bring it on

i came in the game a hundred grand strong

now if he was rollin like he says he was b4 he started rappin by evedince of reasonable doubt and beyond he wouldnt have been apart of that garbage with jaz he coulda been like yo jaz im caked homey we aint gotta act like we jazzy and prince im caked up homey we can wait on the right deal if he was the man he claim he was

n*gga look at a fresh prince and jazzy jeff video and look at that one and you see why i brought them up
like i said man, the type of songs jay was doing in 88, has nothing to do with what he was doing in real life, the sooner you flesh that concept out, the better, rap life was a different monster in the 80's my nigg, seriously, what you rapped about didn't have to coincide with what you really lived

the kind of logic you're using here, only works for this time and place where you have n1ggas that false flag and sell wolf tickets, you can't apply this paradigm to the 80's where real street hustlers had no intention of getting into the rap game

Last edited by sunzoo; 07-07-2008 at 09:26 AM..
 07-07-2008, 09:26 AM         #45
2woLJD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay z the rapper > that old white comedian that just passed away (i already forgot his name that whack bastard)
 9 years ago '08        #46
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,104 | Props total: 23319 23319
 2woLJD said:
jay z the rapper > that old white comedian that just passed away (i already forgot his name that whack bastard)
Carlin>>>>>>Jay Z
 9 years ago '04        #47
sunzoo 
space
space
 2woLJD said:
don't disrespect george carlin fam, other than richard pryor you can't name a better comic with the grasp over the art of comedy than him, on some real sh1t, if you haven't listened to any of his albums or seen any of his specials, you should, he didn't just tell jokes, he said sh1t that you can design your life around, he was a wise man
 07-07-2008, 10:41 AM         #48
NIC DIAMONDS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 *eckounltd1972* said:
Everyone was doing songs like Hawaiian Sophie back then, and it wasn't even his song

As for the "Sunshine" video, there's no excuses for that seizure inducing shit :sick:
Right Sophie was Jaz and if you know Jay's story he went back and got heavy in the streets after all that early rap sh*t failed because of sh*t like Sophie.

As for Sunshine..wow blame Puffy that was his idea.

Damn It's a bit early for this kind of hate though. Jay was right in his freestyle "n*ggas wake up on my d*ck, eat some breakfest first"
 9 years ago '06        #49
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 lamon said:
man back then not to many n*ggas videos was on point..

i mean sh*t check out anything from any other video back in the day

ima 90's baby so i dont know nor do i give two fu*ks about what went down back then but jay only got better with time like wine my n*gga

name a n*gga from 94 doing it like jay-z today

not to many n*ggas

and the n*ggas you name aint even been heard from in a way..

you can say diddy is the only n*gga touchin jay right now
Real Talk
 9 years ago '05        #50
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 1405 1405
 timdog said:
i have not said jay-z was a head bussa or hard core

there a calm n*ggas who sell dope

all im stating is if he claime to be the man he raps about why would be in video like he could been like jaz i got money fam fu*k them you feel me we can just chill and wait on the right deal but he didnt and well we see the video

also he chose to rock the shiny suit

that was puff and mase thing and again he bit like him and jaz tried to bite jazzy and prince
For One when that JazO video was shot Jayz was like 16/17....and Most n*ggas from that ERA LOOKED LIKE THAT....Plus Back In the Day them ARTIST HAD NO SAY SO IN HOW A VIDEO LOOKED....and i never heard Jayz say he was big drug dealer in 88....I heard him say he's still spending money from '88

And if you is 27 and lived in Black hood and listen to rap...You would know dem n*ggas didnt rap about DRUG sh*t then like that becuz n*ggas around 'em didnt play that sh*t...Only n*gga was Kool G rap...and That was becuz n*ggas knew he had been puttin' it in since a kid..
 07-07-2008, 11:04 AM         #51
U.G.K. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"You 27 and still on a msg board? Ughhhhhhhhh"
 9 years ago '04        #52
sunzoo 
space
space
 NIC DIAMONDS said:
Right Sophie was Jaz and if you know Jay's story he went back and got heavy in the streets after all that early rap sh*t failed because of sh*t like Sophie.

As for Sunshine..wow blame Puffy that was his idea.

Damn It's a bit early for this kind of hate though. Jay was right in his freestyle "n*ggas wake up on my d*ck, eat some breakfest first"

exactly, son acting like there wasn't an 8 year gap between sophie and RD, like i said....the n1gga wasn't rapping full time, because it wasn't getting him the type of money he wanted, so what the hell was he doing? where all that money come from, where is all the material from jay-z the rapper, between sophie and RD, i bet you can't even find a whole albums worth of material during that time period, cuz he was not really thinking about rap like that
 9 years ago '06        #53
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3480 3480
That wasn't even his song and most music videos were cheesy just like that one.....and on top of all that if you were trying to get in the rap game back then I know damn sure you would jump on the track just to get your name out there.....look at the video its still getting viewed to this day........
 9 years ago '06        #54
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
lmao..what that gotta do with him bein a drug dealer? n*ggas be reachin. The video was stupid as hell, the everybody should know that the label needed somethin for them to sell and get exposre, so some nice soft a.ss hawaiin was the idea they thought the audience would catch on to. Like i said..you reachin lol. Even n*ggas that hate jay that are smart will tell you that.

CLOSE THIS THREAD

Last edited by Da Realness; 07-07-2008 at 04:11 PM..
 07-07-2008, 06:47 PM         #55
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That song and video was a product with one intention, to bring in the mainstream audience, aka not hip hop. And Jay was just featured on that track, he gets himself exposure as an artist so what if its a corny video? This is a dumb a.ss thread.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 07-07-2008 at 06:48 PM..
 07-07-2008, 06:48 PM         #56
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Realness said:
lmao..what that gotta do with him bein a drug dealer? n*ggas be reachin. The video was stupid as hell, the everybody should know that the label needed somethin for them to sell and get exposre, so some nice soft a.ss hawaiin was the idea they thought the audience would catch on to. Like i said..you reachin lol. Even n*ggas that hate jay that are smart will tell you that.

CLOSE THIS THREAD
Pretty much haha, retarded thread.
 07-07-2008, 06:54 PM         #57
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 timdog said:

I understand the videos at the time werent as glamourfied as they are now but come on this
I rest my case.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago