Joe Budden- "WHO" [TALKING BOUT HIP HOP!] Discussion THread

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
39 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #121
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,329 | Props total: 11402 11402
I Cant Blame The Fans For Not Knowing A Dam Thing When We Trained Them To Be This Way

Thats The Most Meaningful Quote In This Song
 07-06-2008, 05:33 PM         #122
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crmlbywonder said:
yeah but us east coast n*ggaz is the only ones sayin its dead. joeys not blamin the south but a couple artists have.
Maybe i need to go back and listen to the song because Joey was talking about EVERYTHING that contributed to the current state of hip-hop from laffy-taffy to G-Unit- to Jay as president to even i-pods etc.

I dont see how what you are saying or what the other guy is saying pertains to anything. And for the record hip-hop will never "die" to me

And please dont say "us east coast n*ggas" just because Nas, Saigon, and Joe think hip-hop is dead doesnt mean all east coast n*ggas agree
 9 years ago '04        #123
Zab_JudahX 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,051 | Props total: 9 9
Damn I been at work since 5:30 AM, I get off and come home to this sh*t, thats whats good

Joey is grinding and I hope he keeps it up, the game will be hurtin' after another Hiatus(pun intended )
 9 years ago '05        #124
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
Hip hop is dead phase in hip hop = over. Hip hop has done big things this year...most the bullsh*t is gone...or atleast been evened out. I mean I think the track is dope, but I don't see a reason for rappers to say hip hop is dead anymore...
 07-06-2008, 10:19 PM         #125
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
amazing
 07-06-2008, 11:04 PM         #126
ThaProfessorr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Italy said:
I dont know...not hating but i think its all ignorant......

Never gonna admit it but Hip Hop is only dead out east....period....

Its alive and well everywhere else...even Cali steppin they're game up......

it should be obvoisly....the only cats bi*ching and moaning about hip hop being dead come from the east....

NY nikkas need to stop to stop crying...stop pointing fingers and not be so worried with if its dead or who k!lled it.....times like this you need to stop talking about it and get your lazy a.ss up, get in the studio and do something about.....walk the walk

sh*t gets old quick
c/s...i'm gettin tired of this hip hop is dead bullsh*t...like damn i wish nas never made that album...everyone is takin this sh*t too far...if you think it's dead do something about it, either that or go back and listen to sh*t from "the glory days", nothin wrong with that, just stop bi*chin, and let us who are enjoying hip hop enjoy it...
 9 years ago '07        #127
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,624 | Props total: 5953 5953
Mainstream wise

Hip Hop Is Dead

Underground they tried to k!ll it (DJ Drama is an excellent example)
but it'll never die

as far as Budden goes he's the truth everything
he stated in that Marvin Gaye freestyle was
real and ill

Last edited by Sincere730; 07-07-2008 at 12:14 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #128
Sincere730 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,624 | Props total: 5953 5953
song is ridiculous

I see why he says he's competing with himself
& not these other MC's. Nobody is seeing Joey
 07-07-2008, 12:26 AM         #129
DA REAL SHAKOBE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phesus said:
is when cats hear that song it will only segregate hip hop more and not unify it.... all because of the truth

I think so fAr what hip hop really is it is dead hip hop was our freedom of expression to unify our the people....but today it is all who is beefing now, who is hatin on each other now, who is fu*king whose girl no unification at all..... the hip hop sound is not dead, but the movement is dying a slow death and the money is k!llin it.

now if people like jay z and wayne and others start talking like budden then hip hop can be saved, but the problem is the music is used as a hustle now
and it is no longer a feeling or a tool to revive and uplift the people
nobody listens to joe budden outside boxden
 9 years ago '04        #130
Big Mike 25 
space
space
space
$494 | Props total: 0 0
 DA REAL SHAKOBE said:
nobody listens to joe budden outside boxden
The people on the majority of hip hop message boards listen to Joe Budden....not just boxden...
 9 years ago '06        #131
jj01 
space
space
$44,936 | Props total: 4619 4619
 Italy said:
I dont know...not hating but i think its all ignorant......

Never gonna admit it but Hip Hop is only dead out east....period....

Its alive and well everywhere else...even Cali steppin they're game up......

it should be obvoisly....the only cats bi*ching and moaning about hip hop being dead come from the east....

NY nikkas need to stop to stop crying...stop pointing fingers and not be so worried with if its dead or who k!lled it.....times like this you need to stop talking about it and get your lazy a.ss up, get in the studio and do something about.....walk the walk

sh*t gets old quick

3 stacks said hip hop was dead like 10 years ago:thumbsdow dont put all this sh*t on the east coast.
 9 years ago '07        #132
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 GoldynChyld421 said:
Like Budden was saying, you can't even call sh*t wack anymore, because the only rebuttal will be cats saying you're hatin...

"You can tell a dude I spit better than you, but then he'll say I'm richer for whatever I do"
and thats period... not just music ppl act like you cant have opinions anymore...
 9 years ago '04        #133
Polk County 
space
space
$1,060 | Props total: 147 147
this n*gga went beastmode, if n*gga drops this video itl be pretty much a rap imo
Really?
 9 years ago '07        #134
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Big Mike 25 said:
The people on the majority of hip hop message boards listen to Joe Budden....not just boxden...
ppl here (where i stay) were listening to joe budden when i was in high school...
 9 years ago '04        #135
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
The sad truth about Joe Budden is that no one gives afu*k about him. The only n*ggas that DO give a fu*k about him are n*ggas who post on message boards like this. n*ggas who dont buy albums but download all their sh*t on here. n*ggas can talk about him all they want on hip hop boards lmao but until he gets signed and stops releasing mixtapes and stops putting out 1 new song every 6 months like he's something special, he'll be irrelavant in hip hop music.
 9 years ago '07        #136
timdog 918 heat pts918
space
space
$30,443 | Props total: 14837 14837
budden needs to drop a real album he is not on def jam now

whats the problem he just going to keep releasing songs how hip hop is fu*ked up orf this and that

show and prove joey

Big Mike 25 said:
alot of the ppl on hip hop message boards all visit the same ones
 07-07-2008, 12:36 AM         #137
Italy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
3 stacks said hip hop was dead like 10 years ago:thumbsdow dont put all this sh*t on the east coast.
10 years yeah lol it was dieing....and what happened? n*ggas just went out and worked harder at it......put it on the east? I was just sayin it was the east crying about it.....and thats real........
 07-07-2008, 12:58 AM         #138
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Italy said:
10 years yeah lol it was dieing....and what happened? n*ggas just went out and worked harder at it......put it on the east? I was just sayin it was the east crying about it.....and thats real........

no it's not real..and you should stop trying to spread perception and making it reality...which in all honesty is the problem with not only hip hop,but this world in general....if you say something enough whether it's true,or not..it becomes true...if you continue to say the east is always saying hip hop is dead,and they are the only ones complaining,than eventually you will mind fu*k yourself,and anyone else dumb enough to believe you into thinking it's true...even when it's not....the truth of the matter is that the people who have been complaining about hip hop have all been either people who are older,or just into the art form for the music,and not the finances that you can achieve,or care about swag,or other stupid sh*t....everyone from andre 3000,to common,to ice t,to snoop dogg,to nas,to david banner,to a wide a.ssortment of artist from all sides have complained about the game..because right now mainstream wise the game is stagnant,and boring...

of course if you are a hip hop head,than you will dig for the music,because it is out there...however it's just not supported mainstream wise...and hip hop is becoming more,and more every year clown music...it means little to nothing to people...one of the more interesting things about hip hop is how we celebrate people selling millions of records..but we don't celebrate great albums....people will readily admit an album isn't all that good..but congratulate a person on selling millions of records,and say that's a great thing....that's one of the more confusing things i've ever seen....but it just speaks to what hip hop has become...it's become republican..it's become capitalist..it's become everything it used to be against...we advocate the worst of ourselves...it's what we support...we don't invest in all of the many sides of our culture...we just keep projecting this diseased pathology onto our children,and make up excuses for it with record sales...

inevitably if we saw more balance in our music,and less bullsh*t...there would be less criticism....but the truth of the matter is that every year we stray further,and further away from skills,and quality in favor of irrelevant sh*t like who has the most swag,who has the most money,who's girl looks the best....i mean look at how they judge hip hop albums these days..mtv doesn't even talk about what they deem to be the best albums..it's what are the "hottest" albums...which essentially means who's the most popular,or who has the most swag......do you see them do this with other genres of music?...of course not....you have to start asking yourself questions...start looking deeper than the surface....hip hop in a lot of ways in the mainstream has become a joke....you turn on the radio,and you feel like you're listening to the same song,from the same people,by the same producers on every song...n*ggas follow trends,and detest being creative,because they don't want to take a chance,and possibly fu*k up their money....

part of this diseased pathology is regionalism...it's no different than hating on another black man for being darker than you,or lighter than you...it's willie lynch behavior....for me i feel like it's just people not wanting to admit the quality of music,and the subject matter is all watered down,and stagnant...which is why the only defense is how much money it makes...this isn't about what region you come from...it's about this art form....one of which seemingly becomes less,and less about art..and more,and more about making a buck....

Last edited by HotepSuns; 07-07-2008 at 01:01 AM..
 07-07-2008, 02:14 AM         #139
magatsu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Budden always spit that real sh*t, but I don't see how this song is supposed to divide anyone. He was just speaking the truth and how he feel about sh*t, I'm a south n*gga and I ain't got a problem with it, Joe Budden makes good fu*kin music.

I still agree with some of ya'll on here though.....its too much bi*ching/complaining/whining about whats happening. People don't understand you can't blame the mainstream or what is shown/played because its the people who make a song/artist popular(kind of what Budden was saying towards the end). If anything take a page from the book of your average southern artist......make your song, push it hard yourself, make people notice you, make the radio come to you, make the record labels come to you.

People are still going to like good music whatever it is, be it South, West, East, club, conscious, or gutter. One problem the east has, and somewhat the west, is that they were spoiled by the record companies and the old way of doing things.

Labels used to actively search for artists, groom them, push them, have faith in them in hopes that longevity would create a great investment for years to come. Coincidently the labels weren't checking for any kind of southern artists at the time. So the southern artists learned how to grind on their own and make themselves popular without the help of a label. With changing technology those artists can now reach even more people. Labels take notice and say..."sh*t we don't have to do all that anymore, they did it themselves" sweep in and reap the profits of an established fan base. Its always been about the money....period.

All the southern/dance/club music people hate on now and call mainstream was underground in its purest form. If you lived in the south you had to stay up to like 2am to watch the local broadcast video show to see the artists you knew. If you wanted that artists music you had to get it from the flea market or at the artists show or through a friend because there was no finding it in a store.

Things just switched places now, so its up to artists from other coasts/forms of hip hop to get on their grind and get the music out there themselves and make the labels notice them. The majority of these artists don't have the grind/hustle to sell out of the trunk, to take their songs to dj's/clubs/radio stations in person, to find their own gigs/performances.

The thing that makes it seem like there just complaining even more is that its even easier to get noticed yourself than it ever was before. Don't blame Soulja Boy....study the n*gga (crazy, I know but you can't deny his hustle/marketing) The lil dude went as far as renaming his song as other peoples songs just to get noticed....he ran his youtube/myspace himself and personally interacted with fans. sh*t wasn't run by some anonymous label rep. Thats how you make the people love you and your music. How you think Talib Kweli outsold Swizz Beatz with no major push/videos/radio play......He got on his hustle, the adds for his album were all over forums like this, he was on the road doing shows making sure people knew his album was dropping, he created a buzz, he wasn't waiting on the label to just do their thing.

How many popular southern artists out now were picked up and hand crafted by a label? Jeezy, TIP, Wayne, Soulja Boy, etc. all had an underground following before they were picked up by a major. On top of that the ones that do come out of nowhere (Flo-rida, VIC, USDA, Young Money, PSC-excluding Big Kuntry Kane) are usually just put on real quick by one of the aforementioned artists because they were cool with them, and those artists often fade to black very quickly. That happens regardless of coast (Young gunz, Drag-on, etc)

Its blatantly obvious that the labels don't want to wait on artists anymore....so make them come to you....like the South did when no one was checking for them. If you want the mainstream to change you have to change first.....thats how its always been and how it always will be.

Last edited by magatsu; 07-07-2008 at 02:22 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #140
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,574 | Props total: 5227 5227
A&R's won't take risks and won't sign n*ggaz//
the word "swag" came out, and started to blind n*ggaz//

^:applause:

Thank you, Joe. I'm sick of n*ggaz using the term "he has swag" as a crutch for a n*gga lyrics bein' garbage.This is why he's my favorite rapper, regardless of sales or fame. n*gga always spits the truth when he's on the mic....

Last edited by Verse; 07-07-2008 at 11:00 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
278 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
132 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
57 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
50 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy