Jul 5 - Jay-Z Flaunts Flag At England's Concert

most viewed right now
 52
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM         #141
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why are we still going back and forth?

Noel changed his tone and y'all still arguing?
 07-09-2008, 03:09 PM         #142
the rock 1.0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k jay z
why is this d*ckridin thread 6 pages
 07-09-2008, 03:15 PM         #143
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
Why are we still going back and forth?

Noel changed his tone and y'all still arguing?
im just sayin that what noel said initially was dumb since there had been hiphop acts there before


if he meant something different he woudla or shoulda said something different
 07-09-2008, 03:25 PM         #144
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
im just sayin that what noel said initially was dumb since there had been hiphop acts there before


if he meant something different he woudla or shoulda said something different
Oh no I feel you, Im talking about the people who seem to be arguing for Noel. I mean its done

correct me if I'm wrong but Noel did say "I like Jay, the performance was great"
 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM         #145
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deLeet said:
Uk heads live on this type of threads...... ya'll steady trying to win arguements online
Basically, they steady negative rep too because Europe only gets an opinion online.
 9 years ago '05        #146
jondaincredible 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,840 | Props total: 254 254
 StatisticZ said:
Basically, they steady negative rep too because Europe only gets an opinion online.
 9 years ago '04        #147
NoLedge18720 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$27,025 | Props total: 6088 6088
 r a n c i d said:
Do you know how many times platinum that album is? It's like 20 x plat in the UK alone. A 200% increase for the length of like 2 weeks is not relevant.

And it was Noel who created the media hype around Jay Z being there, put his own band back in the forefront, and boosted his own sales.

Secondly. I really can't see how this is news? It's been reported like 40 times, there's just now a yank twist on it.

Americans always flaunt there flags, July 4th or not... It's called arrogance.
looks like someone is
[pic - click to view]

 07-10-2008, 08:23 AM         #148
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
explain what culture your talking about???

because this thread is about music and americans are all over the europe charts.... 9/10 records bought in countries abroad are from american artist

lmao

Youve probably never left your country let alone been to Europe, so how you gonna tell me whats in my charts?
 07-10-2008, 09:20 AM         #149
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChokeHold said:
if soulja boy goes 20x plat i guess you'll be on his nuts



Funny you say that, i'm not even a big fan of Oasis, but you can't deny they have talent.


I don't go to their gigs, I don't buy there records and I wouldn't even consider myself a fan of them.



I have never said Oasis > Jay, I don't think there's a point, but little twats like you talking big online will get it in real life, watch out.
 07-10-2008, 09:32 AM         #150
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
explain what culture your talking about???

because this thread is about music and americans are all over the europe charts.... 9/10 records bought in countries abroad are from american artist



Not true.


It's probably something like 60% British with some of those Scandinavian dance producers and 40% American.
 07-10-2008, 11:27 AM         #151
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
id even say more than that, think about how many yorkshire style imitation groups theyre are now
 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM         #152
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
id even say more than that, think about how many yorkshire style imitation groups theyre are now
such as?


im curious
 07-10-2008, 12:00 PM         #153
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
such as?


im curious
naming one (tho theyre actually from yorkshire) arctic monkeys

basically the new indie scene.

think this is from their first album



Last edited by jataylorlfc; 07-10-2008 at 12:01 PM..
 07-10-2008, 12:13 PM         #154
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I prefer Teddy Picker.

And it depends what charts you're talking, if you're talking tv charts, UK mtv, then that's alot more American based.

But if we're talking proper charts, like the radio, there is no way it's 40% American. It's dominated by whining female c*ckneys with over exagerated accents, and like JTaylor said, a sh*t load of British-Indy-Pop... Or w/e you want to call it.

I have Radio 1 next to me all day for the last 2 months. Dizzee, Wiley, Ting Tings, Coldplay, Artic Monkeys, Black Kids, Kate Nash all that type of thing.

The only American artist i can think off of the head who's big in the charts are erm, Fall out boy... With their bloody 'beat it' cover! And that Madonna women. Rest i don't know, maybe FloRida, the c*nt
 07-10-2008, 12:15 PM         #155
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  


Black Kids... They run sh*t on the radio. Bit gay, but too catchy when you hear it 05420 times a day.
 07-10-2008, 12:21 PM         #156
Exodus X13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
I prefer Teddy Picker.

And it depends what charts you're talking, if you're talking tv charts, UK mtv, then that's alot more American based.

But if we're talking proper charts, like the radio, there is no way it's 40% American. It's dominated by whining female c*ckneys with over exagerated accents, and like JTaylor said, a sh*t load of British-Indy-Pop... Or w/e you want to call it.

I have Radio 1 next to me all day for the last 2 months. Dizzee, Wiley, Ting Tings, Coldplay, Artic Monkeys, Black Kids, Kate Nash all that type of thing.

The only American artist i can think off of the head who's big in the charts are erm, Fall out boy... With their bloody 'beat it' cover! And that Madonna women. Rest i don't know, maybe FloRida, the c*nt





I wasn't talking about radio, I was talking about the official charts which are based on sales.



But yeah when you add in all the extra stuff, yeah it would be higher.




And the US stuff dominating the charts, Rhianna, Chris Brown, Neyo. They are always pretty much in the top 10.
 07-10-2008, 12:44 PM         #157
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Exodus X13 said:
I wasn't talking about radio, I was talking about the official charts which are based on sales.



But yeah when you add in all the extra stuff, yeah it would be higher.




And the US stuff dominating the charts, Rhianna, Chris Brown, Neyo. They are always pretty much in the top 10.
Maybe so.

But sales cannot really be seen as an accurate representation for popularity. Most people who buy CD's are idiots. I mean, Scooter are in like the top 20 aren't they

And yeah i didn't read properly, wasn't aware we were talking sales
 9 years ago '06        #158
Trees 
space
avatar space
space
$201 | Props total: 0 0
all bias aside, i saw the show live & his performance was garbage.....
the title of the thread is misleading because it makes it sound as if jay was stomping on they stomping grounds when in reality it was nothing like that. he even made an attempt to gain the crowds approval with his remix too american boy talkin' about "i'm takin' the piss" yada yada using a mix of english slang which was embarassing to say the least. more embarassing was that he spit it twice, the second time accapella & everybody know jay's flow is not interesting enough for you too want to hear it accapella
dude just seemed tired like he didnt' want to be there & he presented no energy

just my 2 cents, pence woootevaaa........big up uk heads & american heads.... it's canada which we should focus our wrath upon, let's get together and bomb them
 07-10-2008, 09:29 PM         #159
tha_ape 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 twizzytwo22 said:
he butchered that oasis song
Yea, because they didnt want a rapper at a rock concert. I thought it was hilarious. The lines he chose to sing. He was using Oasis' song to speak to them :)

Newsflash: He's not a singer, he's a rapper.
 07-10-2008, 10:46 PM         #160
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
naming one (tho theyre actually from yorkshire) arctic monkeys

basically the new indie scene.

think this is from their first album

i thought you meant alot of american groups are yorkshire imitations
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 4
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy