Nov 16 - Roy Jones Steps To Fat Joe/Luda's Limit/Terror Alert Brown

most viewed right now
Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Gucci Mane's Hot 97 Interview
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside For $100,000 would you do it?? Hmmm..
71 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 25 - The Photo This Nation Needs Right Now
20 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11-21-2004, 06:21 PM         #141
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aint this ironic. Somebody asked a similar question on Blackplanet.com about blacks and Latinos. Somebody broke it down real good.

]Are our respective struggle really alike as some media projects

yes, but NOBODY wants to be
at the `bottom` of the social ladder, so any blacks and `latinos` that can `pass` or not be mistaken for `african` will do so.

first, lets get it together...latino, hispanic, etc., is not a race, but a culture. there are MANY latinos who are STRAIGHT up black/african (haiti, dominican republic, cuba, puerto rico,etc), and many have at least SOME black blood in them.

however, as the `caste` system was developed, those that were considered `white` (spanish rulers and the mestizos that passed for white) were at the top and tended to marry each other. this is farcical, of course, since spain was occupied by the moors, formerly black-a-moors, for about 800 years, but thats another story.

the next level was the mestizos, the spanish (allegedly white) and native american mix. beneath them, where there was a sizeable indian population, was the indians. in the caribbean, since the carib, arawak and other island indians died off within 75 years, the black/white mulatto was next and at the bottom was the `black`.

depending on the country, that still exists, if only in a non-formal manner.

once you get to the states, the hierarchy was much less complicated...if you are black, or look like you got black in you, you`re at the bottom...end of subject.

until people, as a whole, can get rid of the stigma that black is `bad`, blacks and latinos that `look` like they don`t have black in them will have a hard time working together. many latinos, once money is attained, managed to marry and blend in to the white world. thats why in areas like chicago, there ARE no hispanic middle class neighborhoods...only working class/poor hispanic neighborhoods. once they get their money, they`re gone to either mostly white hoods in chicago or mostly white suburbs.

if the affluent hispanics don`t work with each other, why would we think they`d work with blacks?

Last edited by 13lack; 11-21-2004 at 06:24 PM..
 11-21-2004, 06:41 PM         #142
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
again, that is not fact but opinion... though latinos accept both the black and white community they prefer to marry the same ethnicity. A lot of times even a Rican marryin a Dominican, isn't accepted. They want the 100% Boricua to apply for generations on. So when the person above said: "many latinos, once money is attained, managed to marry and blend in to the white world." is completely false.

[pic - click to view]

Again, Tego Calderon is a PERFECT example of how the average P-RICAN(not all hispanics in general) looks like. If you or anybody else wants to consider that white, go ahead.

12 years ago '04        #143
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 0 0
 13lack said:
Aint this ironic. Somebody asked a similar question on Blackplanet.com about blacks and Latinos. Somebody broke it down real good.
Lmao so what u basically saying is that only latinos are doing this??? fu*k outta heaaa blacks be doing the same they get money leave the hood and blend into a white mans world Tiger Woods is doing it Cuba goodin Jr. is doing it so dont come at us with this sh*t.Blacks and anybody that attains money of course will want to leave the hood.Look at 50 cent has an example he's working and making money for a white man(Eminem) that said N.igger same goes with dr. dre.So that kid that wrote that sh*t is on that racismn tip saying Latinos are the only ones doing that sh*t.And to that kid from Okland u fu*king chump is not an only east coast thing look at b-real(From Cypress Hill) he's pale has fu*k and yet he throws The word n*gga like it's nuffin but yet ive herd that he's gotten fu*ked up so get tha fu*k outta hea with that e-thuggin son.
*Edit*
also u keep mentioning all these latinos speaking bad on blacks and others that are not latinos speaking on our culture if you really want to know so much about blacks all over Latin America

visit that page

Last edited by EmOnEyBaGz175; 11-21-2004 at 10:59 PM..
 11-21-2004, 11:01 PM         #144
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you notice the frist sentece says "Blacks and Latinos THAT CAN PASS OR NOT BE MISTAKEN FOR AFRICAN WILL DO SO"

Even though dark black people do this they cant "blend" like most latinos. Just face it, MOST latinos look very eurocentric. You do have that 8% who "unfortunately" dont quite "pass". If i turn on Univision right now all i see, and have ever seen are, for the most part, WHITE FOLKS. People who look like Daisy Fuentes or Enrique Iglasias.

And you cannot Deny the caste sytem thats in Latino culture PERIOD.

once you get to the states, the hierarchy was much less complicated...if you are black, or look like you got black in you, you`re at the bottom...end of subject.
This right here is true. In the states white folks dont make any fuss about whose black or not. If you look black you is black. And you are at the bottom of the social latter PERIOD. Whether your Afro latino or not.

The whole jist of the article was talking about light-skinned people latinos

Last edited by 13lack; 11-21-2004 at 11:05 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #145
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
 13lack said:
If you notice the frist sentece says "Blacks and Latinos THAT CAN PASS OR NOT BE MISTAKEN FOR AFRICAN WILL DO SO"

Even though dark black people do this they cant "blend" like most latinos. Just face it, MOST latinos look very eurocentric. You do have that 8% who "unfortunately" dont quite "pass". If i turn on Univision right now all i see, and have ever seen are, for the most part, WHITE FOLKS. People who look like Daisy Fuentes or Enrique Iglasias.

And you cannot Deny the caste sytem thats in Latino culture PERIOD.

This right here is true. In the states white folks dont make any fuss about whose black or not. If you look black you is black. And you are at the bottom of the social latter PERIOD. Whether your Afro latino or not.

The whole jist of the article was talking about light-skinned people latinos
What a fu*king minute Caste System??? you acting like this only happened and still happens in Latin countries u do know The Caste system also did and goes on till this day in africa and many other places such has jamaica...riiight??? and what the hell are u talking about mayne??? eurocentric??? yo son u really pissing me off it would be alright if you was talking on my culture with knowledge but you're not once again ima repeat this to you most Latinos look brown/tan skinned why do you think alot of hispanic refeer to has having "brown pride"??? even the light skinned ones...and sh*t the pale skinned latinos are a minority in my culture has is the blacks latinos are mainly mixed wether it be black mixed with indian or black/white or the three things such has myself...did you even know that africans themselves practiced slavery way before any europeans did??? also the muslim religion which most of blacks practice also believed in slavery did you know this???

Last edited by EmOnEyBaGz175; 11-21-2004 at 11:28 PM..
 11-21-2004, 11:31 PM         #146
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nice website. It would've been very enlightening IF I DIDNT KNOW THAT ALREADY. I think your missing my point. I know there is a strong Afrcan presence in Latin America. I mean look at santeria. Its nothing but Voodun from Africa.

You can have all the blacks people you want to. The majority will tell you THEY ARE NOT BLACK. Its about what you identify as.

The census i posted still stands as over 80% identify as white.

Visionary even said it himself. He said "my skin color is black but im not black". Thats the way Latino culture is for the most part. They can identify as WHATEVR they want. It dosent matter to me. It never mattered to me becuz my skin color is black and Im black PERIOD.
 12 years ago '04        #147
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
 13lack said:
Nice website. It would've been very enlightening IF I DIDNT KNOW THAT ALREADY. I think your missing my point. I know there is a strong Afrcan presence in Latin America. I mean look at santeria. Its nothing but Voodun from Africa.

You can have all the blacks people you want to. The majority will tell you THEY ARE NOT BLACK. Its about what you identify as.

The census i posted still stands as over 80% identify as white.

Visionary even said it himself. He said "my skin color is black but im not black". Thats the way Latino culture is for the most part. They can identify as WHATEVR they want. It dosent matter to me. It never mattered to me becuz my skin color is black and Im black PERIOD.
But i thought you said dosent matter the shade you come in???...Like i said people identify themselves 'cause of their heritage,culture,Skin color,etc....Alot of blacks are not 100% black but yet they identify with that.Latinos dont do that we identify with all our mixes wether it be black/white,black/indian or black/indian/white(of spaniard descent)..I think you still missing that point!!!!! im brown skinned and i have all three influences in my family.Im not going to claim a favor to one that's just stupidity and not loving myself.I claim latino 'cause i came up speaking spanish,Latino invorement.You claim black(which i doubt if u really look at you bloodline would not be100% black)'cause you came up with your beliefs,culture,etc. u take ya pick.Your whole thing was that Latinos claim more to their culture than their actual skin color which i agree,but you cant downplay that Blacks do the same thing!!!!
*Edit*
There is a reason why Africans are real darker then some Blacks here in america 'cause yall AA's gotta be mixed with something most likely Indian/Native blood but yall dont claim that side to yall but aint no one looking down on yall 'cause of that so i dont really understand why Blacks gets pissed when certain Afro-Latinos do the same

Last edited by EmOnEyBaGz175; 11-21-2004 at 11:57 PM..
 11-22-2004, 01:02 PM         #148
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
13Lack...eurocentric?

for most of this thread you were speaking knowledge, until now.... your from new orleans, there are no latinos there, maybe a couple of Mexicans, not sure. You don't know enough of our culture to start speekin on some BS.

Who owns univision? NBC, of course they want the lightest skinned sp1cs on a channel they own. And you keep sayin this bull sh*t on Latinos sayin that we are not black... duh.. we aren't, we aren't white either, nor indian, asian, or any of that.. we are LATINO/HISPANIC.... can you accept that? or are you racist?

Again the census is a lye. I lived in Puerto Rico till i was 6 and live there in the summer (my parents think education is better here)every year. Again, never in my life have i witnessed a Bori IDENTIFY themself as Black or White, they are Puerto Rican and if anything, that 80% is the skin color of THIS MAN.....

[pic - click to view]

The fact is the "80 percent" you talk about are that skin color^^, that is not white, unless i'm stupid.
 11-22-2004, 03:15 PM         #149
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dam. I keep saying that PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO IDENTIFY WITH WHAT THEY WANT PERIOD!!!

Blackbloodline STILL dosen't change the fact that people, as dark as i am(im dark brown) with nappy/curly hair say they arent black. Thats the fact. I didnt say that was positive nor negative. Please stop saying i "look down upon" them. They have the right to identify with what they want. I just happen to not agree, though i understand

I dont give a fu*k if i was lightskinned. im still a black American, Thas what i am, and thats what ill always be.

I think the major "problem" here is culture. Blacks in American identify with something called a "one drop rule". its basically says , if you have one drop of black blood in you YOUR BLACK. This is eveident with the census, one of the key things in my argument. Out of the over 36,000,000 epeople that make up the AA community in the U.S. Over 34,000,000 identify as black /AA ALONE. I guess black people, well at least me, dont identify with the white part of themselves. I think its mainly because we dont want to identify with the slave master who were mixed with. I mean why would I? Im most likely the result of a r*pe. Of course not me personally. Im talking about how the majority of the white blood got into the black people of today. Im not talking about an immediate mix, like if a girl/ guy is the result of an interracial relationship today. Im talking about the mixing of slaves and masters 300+ yearrs ago that is eveident today in AA's. We have the tendecy to NOT idenify with the RAPIST basically, at least me personally. I think of it like this. If i was growing up during slavery. Its not like i would have special perks becasue the master sired me. If i would go up to him and say "dad" he would probably bat the fu*k outta u and tell you to go work back in them feilds n*gga.

During the Cvil rights movement, whites didnt dice blacks up as lightskinned darkskinned. You were ALL ******s and a threat to the white system of supremacy. I would just DIE of laughter if a Lightskinned black was to walk in a "white only" establishment of those days and say "Im not black. Part of your race is in me". They would beat the p!ss outta you and throw you out just the same. I would really fu*kin die if a Darkskinned one did the same thing. That dosent even look right to me as an AA, an obviously black person sayin they "not black". If your light skinned, Whites would say "you're still a n*gga, but you apple pie color".

Now you have asymilation/integration and now, whites can KINDA deal with people who look similar to them. Thats where your lighskinned Latinos and Light skinned blacks come in. Hypothetically speaking. If only blacks, both light skinned and dark skinned came in for a job interview. Given no other option, they would most likely choose a lightskinned person for a job. Same sinerio, except you throw a lightskinned/ medium complected Latino into the mix chances are they'll choose them. Its the way it is.

To sum it up, Blacks, at least in my opinon, dont identify with the white blood because we see it as identifying with the person who r*ped your ancestors and didnt care when she had children for him. Why would I identify with a rapist and an opressor. An opressor who not only opressed the children he sired but an opressor who's WHITE children continue this opression on the children of the slaves he sired 200-300 years. Why would i dentify with such evil?

See its about black conciousness and identity. MOST blacks have a certain consciouness about the way blacks were treated by whites during slavery and continue to treat us. therefore a LARGE % of us dont identify with the opressor. Why would we?

That my opinon on what I think. I cant speak for ALL black people jsut myself
 11-22-2004, 03:23 PM         #150
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Tiene Raza" (has
race) used by White Puerto Ricans to describe those who have a touch of
African ancestry. I am not sure if this could be considered a form of the
dreaded one drop rule

This is one instance where

"Blangueamento"
(Whitening of the race) where Black slave women openly gave themselves to
their White-Hispanic masters in order to conceive light skin offspring, and
thus hopefully insure a better future for their descendants. Hispanics,
unlike their Anglo counterparts, were more likely to acknowledge these
children, and thus they were better treated than the others. Often times, a
White Hispanic would take on a Black Mistress, and have two families, one
White, and the other mixed. Today, you have Whites as well as mixed people
in these mentioned countries. This was also done in New Orleans.
something else interesting. It says "in New Orleans". I might be Latino. Should I or shouldn't I? Im just playin. I know i could never be Latino becasue i dont speak spanish and know LITTLE about the culture. Im content with being black.
 11-22-2004, 03:25 PM         #151
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yall keep saying we both were slaves. I wonder what kind of slavery existed in the Islands. I have to research that.
 11-22-2004, 03:35 PM         #152
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall are black REGURDLESS. because there were Black people called The moors" who came to spain and ruled over spain for 800 years. They obviously intermixed with the Spanish because if you look at people from spain they have dark hair drk eyes and an over all dark look to them. SO the spansh blod in you is not TOTALLY European. Thats another story and Im not getting that deep. All there really is left is Native American and there is a debate amongst archologist on whether blacks were already here in the Americas and were making trips to the Americas WAAAAAAAAAAY before Asians came over the Bering Strait 10,000 years ago to make Native Americans. Mexicans have black blodd in them too because of the Olmec heads bering Negorid faces found in Mexico.

Once agin its all in what you IDENTIFY has not your blood.

Last edited by 13lack; 11-22-2004 at 03:37 PM..
 11-22-2004, 04:26 PM         #153
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nobody is disagreeing to you 13Lack... again i'm what people consider "afro-latino" i have no prob with that. Does my hair grow a lil quicker than an AA, and it isn't as nappy, yea. I know that when people say white in the latino blood, it's even not white, because spaniards in europe, were even darker than a white of greece.

The thing i'm trying to say is that WE (latinos as a whole) are NOT BLACK OR WHITE we are LATINO, a race in of itself. It is a very unique race and culture wit beautiful people. I'm Black, nobody can say i'm not, that's the color i see when i look in the mirror i aint stupid, but I am 100% Puerto Rican.. latino.

that's the point i try to make, and that the census sh*t, I am GUARANTEEING is fake, i know that they aint go ask no Bori what he or she identifies theyself as..PROMISE. And if a light skinned bori marries a darker skin bori, it is not consider an inter-racial marriage...they are both Puerto Rican.

I'm sure you know about the Negro Leagues. The New York Cubans was a team specifically made for Latinos who couldn't play in the MLB either. Many of The Negroes in the league travelled to Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, even Cuba who at that time was not under dictatorship. They often said they loved it in those countries, because everyone was considered a whole, nobody cares if you are dark or light, even today many people love it there, Derek Jeter (half white half black) said he thinks PR is the best place on this earth. Sadly here even today it isn't like that. Latinos, period, dark or light is a victim of the police, and treated like dog sh*t.

11-22-2004, 04:48 PM         #154
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 13lack said:
Dam. I keep saying that PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO IDENTIFY WITH WHAT THEY WANT PERIOD!!!

Blackbloodline STILL dosen't change the fact that people, as dark as i am(im dark brown) with nappy/curly hair say they arent black. Thats the fact. I didnt say that was positive nor negative. Please stop saying i "look down upon" them. They have the right to identify with what they want. I just happen to not agree, though i understand

I dont give a fu*k if i was lightskinned. im still a black American, Thas what i am, and thats what ill always be.

I think the major "problem" here is culture. Blacks in American identify with something called a "one drop rule". its basically says , if you have one drop of black blood in you YOUR BLACK. This is eveident with the census, one of the key things in my argument. Out of the over 36,000,000 epeople that make up the AA community in the U.S. Over 34,000,000 identify as black /AA ALONE. I guess black people, well at least me, dont identify with the white part of themselves. I think its mainly because we dont want to identify with the slave master who were mixed with. I mean why would I? Im most likely the result of a r*pe. Of course not me personally. Im talking about how the majority of the white blood got into the black people of today. Im not talking about an immediate mix, like if a girl/ guy is the result of an interracial relationship today. Im talking about the mixing of slaves and masters 300+ yearrs ago that is eveident today in AA's. We have the tendecy to NOT idenify with the RAPIST basically, at least me personally. I think of it like this. If i was growing up during slavery. Its not like i would have special perks becasue the master sired me. If i would go up to him and say "dad" he would probably bat the fu*k outta u and tell you to go work back in them feilds n*gga.

During the Cvil rights movement, whites didnt dice blacks up as lightskinned darkskinned. You were ALL ******s and a threat to the white system of supremacy. I would just DIE of laughter if a Lightskinned black was to walk in a "white only" establishment of those days and say "Im not black. Part of your race is in me". They would beat the p!ss outta you and throw you out just the same. I would really fu*kin die if a Darkskinned one did the same thing. That dosent even look right to me as an AA, an obviously black person sayin they "not black". If your light skinned, Whites would say "you're still a n*gga, but you apple pie color".

Now you have asymilation/integration and now, whites can KINDA deal with people who look similar to them. Thats where your lighskinned Latinos and Light skinned blacks come in. Hypothetically speaking. If only blacks, both light skinned and dark skinned came in for a job interview. Given no other option, they would most likely choose a lightskinned person for a job. Same sinerio, except you throw a lightskinned/ medium complected Latino into the mix chances are they'll choose them. Its the way it is.

To sum it up, Blacks, at least in my opinon, dont identify with the white blood because we see it as identifying with the person who r*ped your ancestors and didnt care when she had children for him. Why would I identify with a rapist and an opressor. An opressor who not only opressed the children he sired but an opressor who's WHITE children continue this opression on the children of the slaves he sired 200-300 years. Why would i dentify with such evil?

See its about black conciousness and identity. MOST blacks have a certain consciouness about the way blacks were treated by whites during slavery and continue to treat us. therefore a LARGE % of us dont identify with the opressor. Why would we?

That my opinon on what I think. I cant speak for ALL black people jsut myself
This is what I said on page 10 of this post. you probably didnt see it

Last edited by 13lack; 11-22-2004 at 04:48 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #155
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 0 0
Man anyway back to the Fat Joe Roy Jones issue. This what the f!ght would look like.

<---------------------------------- "Naw Joe you lean back!! lol"
 12 years ago '04        #156
hiroglifix 
space
space
space
$809 | Props total: 0 0
 dirty v said:
sh*t roy jones shoulda swung on fat joes punk a.ss for sayin n*gga like he black or somethin then he gotta talk sh*t to roy? sh*t my n*gga roy would make that n*gga fall and new york be havin earth quakes and sh*t
 dirty v said:
roy is a g dont sleep on my boy that n*gga would knock any of yall n*ggas on dis site da fu*k out on realz dont even front like he wouldent, and fat joe aint no gangsta he wishs he was black hes fake he dont come to the west or da south talkin n*gga this n*gga that, cuase the east coast is white and soft

u racist man?

it's someone like YOU who makes everythin seem like a racial problem

rappers talk sh*t
roy was man enuff to come talke to joey about the line
and joey was man enuff say what he wanted to say
sure roy must be pissed off

but this aint some racial issue
"oh fat joe that latino bi*ch actin he black" kinda comment
wut the hell's up wit that

Last edited by hiroglifix; 11-23-2004 at 05:05 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #157
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 0 0
 hiroglifix said:
u racist man?

it's someone like YOU who makes everythin seem like a racial problem

rappers talk sh*t
roy was man enuff to come talke to joey about the line
and joey was man enuff say what he wanted to say
sure roy must be pissed off

but this aint some racial issue
"oh fat joe that latino bi*ch actin he black" kinda comment
wut the hell's up wit that

*Consigns*

But all the dumbness aside Joe would get Leaned. Joes flows but he better stick to that.
 11-29-2004, 06:15 PM         #158
Santito Young 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aiyo in tha wordz a tht n*gga Joe, "fu*k all those tht oppose tha squad." Fat Joe runnin sh*t on tha East Coast n any n*gga tht aint undastandin tht iz sleepin, Look at tht n*gga career, Watch all tha videos tht n*gga sho up in, Joe iz Suge & he got a fu*kin militia a niguz behind him. Yall niguz need to check ya factz on niguz b4 u say sh*t. Joe's a Don. Point, Blank........
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside bi-ch tries to play cute with the judge
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
bruh the Menace 2 Society Interrogation Scene got me fu-king crying :dead:
45 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Stephen Hawking Just Issued a Chilling Warning to Scientists Searchin..
194 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cartoons That End So Unexpectedly It Will Make You Laugh
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
181 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chopped Cheese V. Philly CheeseSteak what you choose?
81 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Luke Cage Is the Unapologetically Bold Superhero Show Iíve Been Waiting for!#F..
53 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy