Nov 16 - Roy Jones Steps To Fat Joe/Luda's Limit/Terror Alert Brown

most viewed right now
Article inside Rob Kardashian posts Kylie Jenner's # online after family doesn't inv..
84 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside DJ Envy Argues Stop-And-Frisk Took Guns Off The Streets
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 50 Cent officially being sued for Copyright Infringement
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The Game - Pest Control (Official Music Video)
420 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-20-2004, 06:25 PM         #101
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A friend of mine recently visited the Dominican Republic for a number of
weeks, she happens to be an Afro-American. While there she told me there is
a DEEP dislike for Haitians, mainly because of their African Phenotype
(Appearance). She also said the that the term used in the Dominican
Republic for "Black" doubles as the word for "Ugly"! This Strikes me as
crazy since the majority of the Dominicans I've seen their African heritage
is very apparent (even in the lighter Dominicans it's very apparent). Many
Dominicans Appear to be More Black than some so called "lightskinned"
Afro-Americans. Plus from what I understand much of the customs, dances,
etc. that are practiced in the Dominican Republic, can be traced to Africa,
Why do Dominicans Disdain there Black Heritage????

Why do they have such a dislike for Haitians???

What are Dominicans Social policies when it comes to Skin color??

How Dominicans (Generally) Feel about Afro-Americans??

Please help me with some Answers! Thanks
SOmething else
 11-20-2004, 06:31 PM         #102
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol, this aint skool cuz, you don't gotta do research, just accept it

e-bagz posted enough to show that Latinos are victims of the police, lack education and english, as well as lack in jobs, (thank god for landscaping, or none of us would be workin lol)

The plight of Latinos and African Americans is different because of language and the fact that we are coming from other countries, but similar in struggles and discrimination by the police. You need to accept that, whether you're cool wit us sp1cs or hate us.

Diversity is beautiful.

11-20-2004, 06:35 PM         #103
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That is also false whatchu posted, where the hell you gettin that sh*t?

The only reason Dominicans hate Haitians is because they believe there are too many that try to go into the Dominican Republic, which they don't like. Dominicans don't consider Blacks ugly, stupidest sh*t i've read in this whole thread. point blank

11-20-2004, 06:35 PM         #104
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the fact the Latinos go threw GREAT lengths just to GET INTO this country speaks volumes to me.
 12 years ago '04        #105
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 0 0
Dominicans dont hate haitians for being dark they hate haitians because haitians conquered our land for a while..Toussaint L'Overture should be a name that pops up in african americans mind u should read what he did to dominican republic
 11-20-2004, 06:45 PM         #106
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
?... don't quite understand what u said 13lack but..

Puerto Rico... poor, if we weren't a common wealth of the U.S we'd be one of the poorest countries in the world. Outside San Juan, PR isn't all that nice

Dominican Republic... also very poor, lack of jobs.

Cuba... under dictatorship, people die EVERY day trying to escape the island to get to Florida.

I can go on with Mexico, and every other Latino country if ya want but the point i'm tryin to make is that ALL, every last country of Latinos is poor. The view of America is the acception of ANY race in the world, and that job oppurtunities will give them and their family a better way of life. HOPE.

Last edited by visionary; 11-20-2004 at 06:47 PM..
 11-20-2004, 07:15 PM         #107
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
?... don't quite understand what u said 13lack but..

Puerto Rico... poor, if we weren't a common wealth of the U.S we'd be one of the poorest countries in the world. Outside San Juan, PR isn't all that nice

Dominican Republic... also very poor, lack of jobs.

Cuba... under dictatorship, people die EVERY day trying to escape the island to get to Florida.

I can go on with Mexico, and every other Latino country if ya want but the point i'm tryin to make is that ALL, every last country of Latinos is poor. The view of America is the acception of ANY race in the world, and that job oppurtunities will give them and their family a better way of life. HOPE.
Well in that case you shouldn't really be bringin up about how Latinos struggle so much. I mean compratively, what you just said kinda negates the "Im stuggling in America " thing. If it would be worse in your native land, then America is a breeeeze. Comparatively speaking of course.

Most of the things he listed are because Latinos, as stated before, speak a different language and are FORIGNERS. Not soley based on RACE. I may be qualified for a job but because I am darker variety of black I may not get the job. Even Diddy, a rich Black man, cant get a cab in N.Y. easily. He dosent have to open his mouth and speak spanish or display a Latino heritage for him to be discriminated against all he simply has to do is stand there and be is BLACK.

Truth be told, whites can kinda deal with lighter varities of people more than darker the variety. Thats a FACT through history up until now. The closer you are to white the better it is for you here in U.S.

Not saying Latinos dont get discriminated against, but once again, its different, TOTALLY different.

Most often times Latinos are lighter people, if not white looking. I know some and you'd swear they were white.
 11-20-2004, 07:24 PM         #108
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh AND "you" can STILL speak your language and you know your culture. AA cant even get a decent African History course at our schools. And you also know the peoples who you were descented from --Arawak(Taino), African, Spaniard.
 11-20-2004, 07:38 PM         #109
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In some ways it is a breeze, others not.

In our home countries we don't worry about the police unless you goin a shooting spree. Here me and my cuzins could go walk to the fukin wal-mart for milk and the 5-0 will stop us and ask what are we doing out at night, check us for drugs, etc. etc. etc.

On our home land we can relate to everybody, i go to PR, no matter dark or light you are a boricua, love and stand up for each other, everybody eatin arroz con pollo, playin baseball wit broomsticks, livin life how it's suposed to for the most part. Over here in the U.S, not like that, don't know who hates who, Mex hatin on a bori, black, on bori, white on bori, etc. etc.

Where do you live 13Lack, just curious for the african history in skool, cause at mines in all history class, though it is not a seperate class they do give extensive great sh*t on african history, which is very interesting. Maybe it's cause where i live there is a large number of AA. not sure

spanish is taught at schools cause it's a language, one that is growing in the states rapidly. I know both a Black and a White that can carry a conversation in spanish to a fairly high point.

There are sp1cs that may look white, but features tell them apart. Thickness in a girl, nose, hair, lips? maybe that's just me.

The average sp1c is a darkish tan color.

again, diversity is beautiful.

11-20-2004, 07:47 PM         #110
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 visionary said:
In some ways it is a breeze, others not.

In our home countries we don't worry about the police unless you goin a shooting spree. Here me and my cuzins could go walk to the fukin wal-mart for milk and the 5-0 will stop us and ask what are we doing out at night, check us for drugs, etc. etc. etc.

On our home land we can relate to everybody, i go to PR, no matter dark or light you are a boricua, love and stand up for each other, everybody eatin arroz con pollo, playin baseball wit broomsticks, livin life how it's suposed to for the most part. Over here in the U.S, not like that, don't know who hates who, Mex hatin on a bori, black, on bori, white on bori, etc. etc.

Where do you live 13Lack, just curious for the african history in skool, cause at mines in all history class, though it is not a seperate class they do give extensive great sh*t on african history, which is very interesting. Maybe it's cause where i live there is a large number of AA. not sure

spanish is taught at schools cause it's a language, one that is growing in the states rapidly. I know both a Black and a White that can carry a conversation in spanish to a fairly high point.

There are sp1cs that may look white, but features tell them apart. Thickness in a girl, nose, hair, lips? maybe that's just me.

The average sp1c is a darkish tan color.

again, diversity is beautiful.

I live in New Orleans and we have NOTHIN BUT BLACKS :D
 11-20-2004, 07:50 PM         #111
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol, than that's a shame they don't give u teachings on african history. But hey i can't do nothin about that...

12 years ago '04        #112
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
 13lack said:
Well in that case you shouldn't really be bringin up about how Latinos struggle so much. I mean compratively, what you just said kinda negates the "Im stuggling in America " thing. If it would be worse in your native land, then America is a breeeeze. Comparatively speaking of course.

Most of the things he listed are because Latinos, as stated before, speak a different language and are FORIGNERS. Not soley based on RACE. I may be qualified for a job but because I am darker variety of black I may not get the job. Even Diddy, a rich Black man, cant get a cab in N.Y. easily. He dosent have to open his mouth and speak spanish or display a Latino heritage for him to be discriminated against all he simply has to do is stand there and be is BLACK.

Truth be told, whites can kinda deal with lighter varities of people more than darker the variety. Thats a FACT through history up until now. The closer you are to white the better it is for you here in U.S.

Not saying Latinos dont get discriminated against, but once again, its different, TOTALLY different.

Most often times Latinos are lighter people, if not white looking. I know some and you'd swear they were white.
Nobody said the discrimination towards us are the same has yall...but discrimination is discrimination.How can u say latinos are very light skin??? where do you come from??? most latinos are a dark tan color...the light skinned population in the latino culture is very small..has far has skin goes well get looked at and say oh this dirty **** when we go to job interviews we get hated on too..has a matta of fact when it comes to representation in america African Americans have it better then latinos.Some latinos get robbed on,spit on,Racially abused and guess what certain latinos cant go and complaint to authorities 'cause most of them might be illegal citizens so that will result in them gettin deported.Once again our struggles may be different but the way we get sh*tted on by america is the same sh*t.Even now in days most of the countries we're we hail from is still being r*ped by american just look at puerto rico with the vieques situation and how they destroyed what used to be a beautiful island
 11-20-2004, 09:15 PM         #113
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EmOnEyBaGz175 said:
Nobody said the discrimination towards us are the same has yall...but discrimination is discrimination.How can u say latinos are very light skin??? where do you come from??? most latinos are a dark tan color...the light skinned population in the latino culture is very small..has far has skin goes well get looked at and say oh this dirty **** when we go to job interviews we get hated on too..has a matta of fact when it comes to representation in america African Americans have it better then latinos.Some latinos get robbed on,spit on,Racially abused and guess what certain latinos cant go and complaint to authorities 'cause most of them might be illegal citizens so that will result in them gettin deported.Once again our struggles may be different but the way we get sh*tted on by america is the same sh*t.Even now in days most of the countries we're we hail from is still being r*ped by american just look at puerto rico with the vieques situation and how they destroyed what used to be a beautiful island
well i took the liberty of pulling up THE OFFICIAL 2000 census for PR and a wopping 80.5 % self identify as WHITE. Thats for ALL ages. For 18 years and over, its 80.6% that self identify as white. only 8% identify as black.An even SMALLER % identify as "some other race"(6.8%) or "two or more race"(4.2%) Its very interesting. Ill do other Latin American countries and even some West Indian countries too.
 11-21-2004, 07:20 AM         #114
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmfao... that's what the U.S government wants but...

Incorrect AGAIN... that's something that people on the island have been complaining about. America wants us to be considered white, but the fact is they can't. Take a trip to Puerto Rico and see how many white skinned puerto ricans you see, barely any. Guarantee you'll see more people the color of your skin then white. The average one, like what e-bagz said is a dark tan color. And actually in the Puerto Rico census, which i read while i was over there visiting fam. It states 94% of the population is Puerto Rican, 4% Dominican, 1%Cuban, 1% American.

And the bombing of Vieques, one of the islands of Puerto Rico too is being destroyed. Most Puerto Ricans HATE being a commonwealth of the U.S for treating us like we don't matter. And if the U.S isn't careful big time riots are going to cause mayhem in the near future.

11-21-2004, 07:50 AM         #115
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From the time of their inception into the mainland --dating back to the 1960s-- Puerto Ricans have experienced adjustment issues in the new society. They continue to face ethnic, racial and religious prejudice in the American society. A new Puerto Rican has emerged in the mainland, especially in New York City, where there has a large concentration of people of Puerto Rican descent.

A pressing matter for Puerto Ricans in the United States is that of their identity. With what they identify in terms of culture and ancestry has been a major source of debate among Puerto Ricans.

When they arrived in the mainland, Puerto Ricans interactions with Black people in the United States have been the prominent and much of the ethnic literature that emerged from New York reveals the group’s affinity with African Americans. This kinship was strengthened by the groups’ socioeconomic positions and struggles, and a similarity in racial background among some of the first Puerto Ricans who emigrated to the mainland.

It is suprising to know that Puerto Ricans, neither consider themselves Black, White, nor Latino. I took a trip to visit the mainland of the island and I was suprised to know how much they hate the United States. One woman told me that the bombing of Vieques (a small island of Puerto Rico) caused mixed emotions for all Puerto Ricans.

Puerto Ricans identify themselves as "Puerto Rican" or "Boricua". I was also suprised to know how many Black skinned Puerto Ricans there were. I was astonished to see barely any White skinned Puerto Ricans. The White people I did see in the Arecibo Observatory were American scientists. The average Puerto Rican that I saw was a light brown color that completely spoke no english, which also suprised me.

I also imagined the island being beautiful and amazing. Outside San Juan, Ponce, and a couple of other cities, Puerto Rico is very poor. Many people lack water and light. They are also very hard working. It was very cute to find little five year old children feeding chicks in the morning.
I can go on

11-21-2004, 09:52 AM         #116
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmfao... that's what the U.S government wants but...

Incorrect AGAIN... that's something that people on the island have been complaining about. America wants us to be considered white, but the fact is they can't. Take a trip to Puerto Rico and see how many white skinned puerto ricans you see, barely any. Guarantee you'll see more people the color of your skin then white. The average one, like what e-bagz said is a dark tan color. And actually in the Puerto Rico census, which i read while i was over there visiting fam. It states 94% of the population is Puerto Rican, 4% Dominican, 1%Cuban, 1% American.

And the bombing of Vieques, one of the islands of Puerto Rico too is being destroyed. Most Puerto Ricans HATE being a commonwealth of the U.S for treating us like we don't matter. And if the U.S isn't careful big time riots are going to cause mayhem in the near future.
LMAO can you tell me where i can find the official PR census? Im not talking about NATIONALITIES in PR Im talking about RACE in PR. It says 80.5% indentfy as WHITE PERIOD. Where's the PR census? The official one that states 94% of the population is Puerto Rican, 4% Dominican, 1%Cuban, 1% American. LMAO and i noticed all your percentages break ever-so-conveniently EVEN--94%,4%,1%,1%,. This sh*t is too funny. A cencus would almost NEVER break even like that. U almost never populate an EVEN number of people. You shoulds added some decimals. Al though I may be wrong. I would like to see the "official" census that says this. :D

Last edited by 13lack; 11-21-2004 at 09:55 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #117
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
 13lack said:
LMAO can you tell me where i can find the official PR census? Im not talking about NATIONALITIES in PR Im talking about RACE in PR. It says 80.5% indentfy as WHITE PERIOD. Where's the PR census? The official one that states 94% of the population is Puerto Rican, 4% Dominican, 1%Cuban, 1% American. LMAO and i noticed all your percentages break ever-so-conveniently EVEN--94%,4%,1%,1%,. This sh*t is too funny. A cencus would almost NEVER break even like that. U almost never populate an EVEN number of people. You shoulds added some decimals. Al though I may be wrong. I would like to see the "official" census that says this. :D
COMMONWEALTH OF PUERTO RICO

Governor: Sila María Calderón (2001)

Capital and largest city (2002 est.): San Juan, 433,412

Other large cities: Bayamón, 224,670; Ponce, 186,112; Carolina, 187,468

Land area: 3,515 sq mi (9,104 sq km)

Population (2004 est.): 3,897,960 (growth rate: 0.5%); birth rate: 14.1/1000; infant mortality rate: 8.4/1000; life expectancy: 77.5; density per sq mi: 1,109. Currency: U.S. dollar

Languages: Spanish and English (both official)

Ethnicity/race: Almost entirely Hispanic

Religions: Roman Catholic 85%, Protestant denominations and other 15%

Literacy rate: 94% (2001)

Economic summary: GDP/PPP (2003 est.): $65.28 billion; per capita $16,800. Real growth rate: 1.6%. Inflation: 6.5%. Unemployment: 12% (2002). Arable land: 4%. Agriculture: sugarcane, coffee, pineapples, plantains, bananas; livestock products, chickens. Labor force: 1.3 million (2002); agriculture 3%, industry 20%, services 77% (2000 est.). Industries: pharmaceuticals, electronics, apparel, food products; tourism. Natural resources: some copper and nickel; potential for onshore and offshore oil. Exports: $46.22 billion (f.o.b., 2002): chemicals, electronics, apparel, canned tuna, rum, beverage concentrates, medical equipment. Imports: $26.46 billion (c.i.f., 2002): chemicals, machinery and equipment, clothing, food, fish, petroleum products. Major trading partner: U.S., UK, Dominican Republic, Ireland, Japan.

Communications: Telephones: main lines in use: 1.322 million (1997); mobile cellular: 169,265 (1996). Radio broadcast stations: AM 72, FM 17, shortwave 0 (1998). Radios: 2.7 million (1997). Television broadcast stations: 18 (plus three stations of the U.S. Armed Forces Radio and Television Service) (1997). Televisions: 1.021 million (1997). Internet Service Providers (ISPs): 76 (2002). Internet users: 600,000 (2002).

Transportation: Railways: total: 96 km (2002). Highways: total: 14,400 km; paved: 14,400 km; unpaved: 0 km (1999 est.). Ports and harbors: Guanica, Guayanilla, Guayama, Playa de Ponce, San Juan. Airports: 31 (2002).

now what i dont understand is that you saying puerto ricans identify themselves has white wrong...There's a different between what puerto ricans identify wirh in the u.s and the census in pr the census in pr what basically asks is what ur skin color now what u want to be referred by out here in the u.s if soneme checks the black/african american box that's what they want to classify themselves with in p.r and other latin countries being "blacks" it's just a skin color the same with white...The same goes for countries like Jamaica they have in their census people listed has asians and from what ive seen when those Asian-Jamaicans travel to the u.s they check they identify with AA's the same for those Hindus that are from guayana when they leave guayana and come to the u.s they consider themselves black....
 11-21-2004, 10:46 AM         #118
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

HERE
 12 years ago '04        #119
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
Damn...Son what's wrong with you?? do you really thinks people in pr say "african american"??? dats a term that only exist for U.S.A like i explained before wether it be dominican republic,puerto rico,columbia,ecuador,cuba,etc they treat skin color just has that....Which explain why u see alot of latinos that look AA but classify themselves Latinos in the pr census they dont have a box for Latino they just white,black,indian,etc
Heres a perfect example of what im talking about
Trinidad And Tobago
Ethnicity/race: East Indian (a local term—primarily immigrants from northern India) 40.3%, black 39.5%, mixed 18.4%, white 0.6%, Chinese and other 1.2%
Now How many trinis u know come to u.s and check any other box but the black/African American One??

Last edited by EmOnEyBaGz175; 11-21-2004 at 10:59 AM..
 11-21-2004, 11:02 AM         #120
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats from the U.S. census bereau Now for blacks in America. We make up 12.9% of the population. The total U.S population is 281,421,906
people. Out of that, the people that identify as AA

African American in the US -36,419,434 people which is 12.9% of the population

the people that identifies as Black or African American alone-34,658,190 which is 12.3% of the total U.S. population

the people that identify as Black or African American in combination(mixed black people) - 1,761,244 which is 0.6% of the total U.S. population

Not Black or African American alone or in combination(every other race in the U.S.)--245,002,472 which is 87.1% of the population
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
46 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Cockroach Giving Birth While Being Devoured By Fire Ants!
55 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T.I.'s Daughter Dodges Jail Time Over Airport Gun Charge, Just Like He..
48 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 26 - Off-duty cop who killed Delrawn Small in road rage incident c..
38 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ: Video of beanie getting knocked out and meek crew take credit
247 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Am I Goin to Hell? Pt 4
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
A Federal Court Ruled That Companies Can Fire People Just for Having Dreadlocks
90 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Lloyd Banks x DJ Drama | All or Nothing: Live It Up (Official Download/..
279 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy