Image(s) inside GAME to Meeky Mouse "all good a week ago"
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ariel Winter In Sports Bra & Spandex Out & About In Los Angeles
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA I ain't know Shaq and Bill Walton had beef like this.
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside student fights teacher in class and gets chokeslammed by teachers aid
59 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #61
cuzjuan 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,674 | Props total: 77 77
fat joe just big but if it was just punches roy woulda kicked his a.ss thats the truth! and roy is smarter than that cmon now, he aint trying to get a lawsuit! you think its easy to get your video on rap city and get interviews???? na you gotta be a G and have your game tight!!! dont matter if his song sux, so did/does masta p and he still gets his sh*t out dont he....? some of yall is so dumb and talk to much sh*t to many times!

Last edited by cuzjuan; 11-19-2004 at 07:15 AM..
 11-19-2004, 11:57 AM         #62
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why can puerto ricans say ******, but when we say **** they wanna f!ght us?
Because we blacks LET THEM. If way back 10 years ago, or maybe further back than that, we would have stopped it, we wouldn't be in this discussion. If a black person would have POPPED THE fu*k outta a Latino or any other "minority" for crossing "that line" then we wouldn't STILL be talking about this.

Its OUR fault. Now you got Asians, whites, and a whole multitude of races disrespecting us and our culture as they ALWAYS DO. Its like a child. When the child is small, and starts talking back to you, you do nothing. Then it progresses to when he starts hitting you. All the while your doing nothing about it. When the child is grown, its too late. They just might kick your a.ss :D. This whole "everybody calling each other n*gga, and you too" thing is like a child that should've been disciplined A LOOOONG time ago. Now its grown and kickin your a.ss. Its our fault. We should've stopped it. Now we cant cry about it.

What k!lls me is when you ask them to not say it, and they say "why not"? You give your respective reason, and they get indignant. Almost like they have a right to say it.

HIPHOP IS/WAS BLACK CULTURE.

Dont be surprised if 10 years from now, when Hiphop is like 40 years old. In the history books you see a White, Hispanic, or Asian being credited with its invention.

Its cool to enjoy other people's culture. But, you shouldn't cross certain lines. But they do/did and now we cant stop it. sh*t is disgusting. Its no ones fault but our own.
 12 years ago '04        #63
bomb1624 
space
space
space
$46 | Props total: 0 0
 dirty v said:
roy is a g dont sleep on my boy that n*gga would knock any of yall n*ggas on dis site da fu*k out on realz dont even front like he wouldent, and fat joe aint no gangsta he wishs he was black hes fake he dont come to the west or da south talkin n*gga this n*gga that, cuase the east coast is white and soft

first of all this n*gga fat joe lives in miami so get ya facts straight....and the east coast is all white come on b...have you been to the east coast...and if jones would of thrown a punch he would of got shot cmon b they were at ja rules release party in new york you think n*ggas gonna let him get snuff...be for real
 12 years ago '04        #64
DJ_Eskalade11 
space
space
space
$594 | Props total: 0 0
these to guys should f!ght on camera like everybody else

be nice to see Fat Joes fat a.ss gettn knocked the fu*k down
 12 years ago '04        #65
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 0 0
 13lack said:
Because we blacks LET THEM. If way back 10 years ago, or maybe further back than that, we would have stopped it, we wouldn't be in this discussion. If a black person would have POPPED THE fu*k outta a Latino or any other "minority" for crossing "that line" then we wouldn't STILL be talking about this.

Its OUR fault. Now you got Asians, whites, and a whole multitude of races disrespecting us and our culture as they ALWAYS DO. Its like a child. When the child is small, and starts talking back to you, you do nothing. Then it progresses to when he starts hitting you. All the while your doing nothing about it. When the child is grown, its too late. They just might kick your a.ss :D. This whole "everybody calling each other n*gga, and you too" thing is like a child that should've been disciplined A LOOOONG time ago. Now its grown and kickin your a.ss. Its our fault. We should've stopped it. Now we cant cry about it.

What k!lls me is when you ask them to not say it, and they say "why not"? You give your respective reason, and they get indignant. Almost like they have a right to say it.

HIPHOP IS/WAS BLACK CULTURE.

Dont be surprised if 10 years from now, when Hiphop is like 40 years old. In the history books you see a White, Hispanic, or Asian being credited with its invention.

Its cool to enjoy other people's culture. But, you shouldn't cross certain lines. But they do/did and now we cant stop it. sh*t is disgusting. Its no ones fault but our own.
WTF??? ARE U SERIOUS??? U GUNNA SIT THERE AND SAY HIP HOP WAS CREATED BY ALL BLACKS AND I MEAN ALL THE ASPECTS OF HIP HOP FROM BREAKDANCING,RAPPING,GRAFFITY,ETC...U GUNNA TELL BLACKS STARTED ALL THOSE ASPECTS OF HIP HOP???..SMH GO LEARN SOMETHING..AND BY THE WAY LET ME ASK U THIS IF SOMEONE LIKE SAMMY SOSA WOULD SAY HE'S LATINO AND YET HE STILL USES THE WORD n*gga U WOULD WANNA POP HIS JAW OR WHAT??? DAMN SON U SERIOUSLY SEEM LIKE A RACIST IF U CANT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT LATINOS AND BLACKS ARE SOMEWHAT THE SAME sh*t AND THAT WE ALSO HAND A HAND IN HIP HOP FROM IT'S BEGINNING UP IN BOOGIE DOWN THEN U DEFETNELY JUST HATING OR A RACIST...IF A PIONEER LIKE AFRIKA BAMBAATAA SAID THAT LATINOS HAD A HAND IN HIP HOP AND PEOPLE LIKE U CANT ACCEPT IT THEN THATS ON YALL :) :)
*EDIT* HERES SOME NAME U SHOULD GO READ ABOUT BEFORE U SAY NO ONE ELSE BUT BLACKS HAD A HAND IN CREATING HIP HOP
DJ Charlie Chase, Whipper Whip, Rocksteady Crew, TBB, Tony G

Last edited by EmOnEyBaGz175; 11-19-2004 at 01:16 PM..
 11-19-2004, 01:21 PM         #66
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EmOnEyBaGz175 said:
WTF??? ARE U SERIOUS??? U GUNNA SIT THERE AND SAY HIP HOP WAS CREATED BY ALL BLACKS AND I MEAN ALL THE ASPECTS OF HIP HOP FROM BREAKDANCING,RAPPING,GRAFFITY,ETC...U GUNNA TELL BLACKS STARTED ALL THOSE ASPECTS OF HIP HOP???..SMH GO LEARN SOMETHING..AND BY THE WAY LET ME ASK U THIS IF SOMEONE LIKE SAMMY SOSA WOULD SAY HE'S LATINO AND YET HE STILL USES THE WORD n*gga U WOULD WANNA POP HIS JAW OR WHAT???
Yea thats EXACTLY what the fu*k Im saying. Hiphop started waaaaaaaaaaaaay before you think. Hiphop is just a CULMINATION of black styles. Blacks have ALWAYS beeeeeeen poets since the spoken word in the 60's or Eveeeeeeeeenn waaaay before that. Black girls, when they play those little hand games make up rhyming songs to go with the beat. When they jump rope and sh*t. Bee-boxin can be attributed to skatting in Jazz music. The Call and response aspect of Hip- hop can be found in the BLACK church. You ever heard of "god is good all the time *congregation answers* "all the time, god is good".

BREAK DANCING? PLEASE. Even THAT has BLACK origins. You ever heard of an African form of Matial arts called COPEAI(SP?). The slave masters thought they were dancing when in actuality they were learning martial arts.

If you listen to Aretha Franklins "rock steady". She's basically rap-singin

Basically im saying is Hip-hop was CREATED by blacks. This dosen't mean others cant take part in it. It simply means its an off-shoot of all the things i listed above. They all come together and culminated to make Hip-hop.

Others can take part in Hip-hop but all in all IT is BLACK culture PERIOD. It was CREATED by black people. Others CONTRIBUTED, but it was CREATED by black people. Hip-Hop has ALWAYS been apart of the black comunnity in one form of another.
 11-19-2004, 01:44 PM         #67
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
13Lack,
actually your wrong. Though I do consider Hip-Hop a Black culture it was not all made by Blacks. In the Bronx was one of the few places in the 40's-70's where Puerto Ricans and Dominicans lived.

since you know so much...Ever heard of Tito Puente who contributed a lot in jazz. Since hip hop is coming from such things as jazz, right 13 Lack?

or how about graffiti, though i can't prove this it is said that it was a group consisting 2 dominicans, a black, and a puerto rican who started tha art of graffiti on walls.

Is most of hip-hop black culture...yea, but get ya facts straight before sayin that ALL of it was created by Blacks because than that shows your lack of inteligence in the culture that you so proudly claim.

Spit-Facts

Last edited by visionary; 11-19-2004 at 01:46 PM..
 11-19-2004, 01:55 PM         #68
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WTF??? ARE U SERIOUS??? U GUNNA SIT THERE AND SAY HIP HOP WAS CREATED BY ALL BLACKS AND I MEAN ALL THE ASPECTS OF HIP HOP FROM BREAKDANCING,RAPPING,GRAFFITY,ETC...U GUNNA TELL BLACKS STARTED ALL THOSE ASPECTS OF HIP HOP???..SMH GO LEARN SOMETHING..AND BY THE WAY LET ME ASK U THIS IF SOMEONE LIKE SAMMY SOSA WOULD SAY HE'S LATINO AND YET HE STILL USES THE WORD n*gga U WOULD WANNA POP HIS JAW OR WHAT??? DAMN SON U SERIOUSLY SEEM LIKE A RACIST IF U CANT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT LATINOS AND BLACKS ARE SOMEWHAT THE SAME sh*t AND THAT WE ALSO HAND A HAND IN HIP HOP FROM IT'S BEGINNING UP IN BOOGIE DOWN THEN U DEFETNELY JUST HATING OR A RACIST...IF A PIONEER LIKE AFRIKA BAMBAATAA SAID THAT LATINOS HAD A HAND IN HIP HOP AND PEOPLE LIKE U CANT ACCEPT IT THEN THATS ON YALL
*EDIT* HERES SOME NAME U SHOULD GO READ ABOUT BEFORE U SAY NO ONE ELSE BUT BLACKS HAD A HAND IN CREATING HIP HOP
DJ Charlie Chase, Whipper Whip, Rocksteady Crew, TBB, Tony G

Now for the rest of your statement since you edited it.

About Sammy Sosa. fu*kin right id POP the fu*k outta him simply because If he uses the word n*gga he has to identify with the plight of a BLACK AMERICAN not the plight of an Afro-Latino. The plight of a black man in America is different. Since Afro-Latinos see themselves as different than Black Americans then why would Sammy Sosa think about using a term that coincides EXCLUSIVELY with the RACIAL plight of a Black American. Sammy Sosa dosent Identify with AA culture( which some of it consist of the word the use n*gga). Hes black, but he dosent identify with African American culture. He identifies with Afro-Latino culture which is for the most part different. Most black Americans identify with Slavery in this country as part of their culture and how white people keep Blacks down. Thats what we identify with in this country, because thats our story in this country.Thats the reason why we talk about it ALOT. Most Latinos DON NOT dwell on or even talk about slavery or Jim crow/segregation(If they even had that in Latin America). Thats why we "flipped" n*gga because we identify with the RACIAL plight of what we are, which is AA. Generally Latinos, once again dont Identify with race so why use a RACIAL TERM?. If i ask Sammy Sosa or any Latino of ANY complextion for that matter "Are you black?". a large % of the time they would answer NO. And they'll say" Im(insert Latin American country) . If you were to ask any AA or any complexion "are you black?" 90% of time you'll get yes. No matter what color they are.

All im saying is the plight of the American Negro is differet than the plight of Latin Americans. It may have similarities but it is different. We have totally different mentalities. Thats why I identify with my RACE and my Latino counterpart identifies with his CULTURE.

And if Afrika Bambaataa said that about Latinos i would have to agree. They most definately CONTRIBUTED. But they did not CREATE. to CREATE something means you form it from NOTHING. like i said the Template for Hip-hop was ALREADY there. Latinos CONTRIBUTED. BLACKS CREATED IT since it was already there in different forms.
 11-19-2004, 02:06 PM         #69
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
13Lack,
actually your wrong. Though I do consider Hip-Hop a Black culture it was not all made by Blacks. In the Bronx was one of the few places in the 40's-70's where Puerto Ricans and Dominicans lived.

since you know so much...Ever heard of Tito Puente who contributed a lot in jazz. Since hip hop is coming from such things as jazz, right 13 Lack?

or how about graffiti, though i can't prove this it is said that it was a group consisting 2 dominicans, a black, and a puerto rican who started tha art of graffiti on walls.

Is most of hip-hop black culture...yea, but get ya facts straight before sayin that ALL of it was created by Blacks because than that shows your lack of inteligence in the culture that you so proudly claim.

Spit-Facts
Once again Tito Puente CONTRIBUTED to jazz he didnt CREATE it. Jazz was already there. And i realize that it was not ALL made by blacks. Other people CONTRIBUTED to it but the ESSENCE of Hip-Hop is black. Blacks CREATED it. Others CONTRIBUTED to it. No matter how small of large the contribution is, it still dosen't NEGATE the creators which are black people.

Some believe God CREATED the world. We as humans argueably CONTRIBUTE to the world but we did not CREATE it since it was already here when we got here.

There's a difference between creating something and contributing to it.
 12 years ago '04        #70
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
 13lack said:
Yea thats EXACTLY what the fu*k Im saying. Hiphop started waaaaaaaaaaaaay before you think. Hiphop is just a CULMINATION of black styles. Blacks have ALWAYS beeeeeeen poets since the spoken word in the 60's or Eveeeeeeeeenn waaaay before that. Black girls, when they play those little hand games make up rhyming songs to go with the beat. When they jump rope and sh*t. Bee-boxin can be attributed to skatting in Jazz music. The Call and response aspect of Hip- hop can be found in the BLACK church. You ever heard of "god is good all the time *congregation answers* "all the time, god is good".

BREAK DANCING? PLEASE. Even THAT has BLACK origins. You ever heard of an African form of Matial arts called COPEAI(SP?). The slave masters thought they were dancing when in actuality they were learning martial arts.

If you listen to Aretha Franklins "rock steady". She's basically rap-singin

Basically im saying is Hip-hop was CREATED by blacks. This dosen't mean others cant take part in it. It simply means its an off-shoot of all the things i listed above. They all come together and culminated to make Hip-hop.

Others can take part in Hip-hop but all in all IT is BLACK culture PERIOD. It was CREATED by black people. Others CONTRIBUTED, but it was CREATED by black people. Hip-Hop has ALWAYS been apart of the black comunnity in one form of another.
Your confusing the influences of hip hop to the actual creation of it....What you think that only one man made hip hop??? SMFH like i said u wanna claim all hip hop culture but yet u dont know ya facts i aint even gunna argue with you no more kid like i said u look like a latino hurted ya feelings or something you're downplaying very little hand we had in creating hip hop...u cant just take one part and say it created all...Blacks have the majority in the creation of hip hop but latinos had a little part in the creation of it too

Last edited by EmOnEyBaGz175; 11-19-2004 at 03:12 PM..
 11-19-2004, 03:20 PM         #71
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*moves subject to the word: n*gga, and spics*

Personally words do nothing to me, a word is viewed as bad because that's what peole percieve it as.

My Black friends say what up my spics, etc.,... I have no problem with it

it's a different story if they say: "ya'll dirty spics" or somethin of that sort

than i'm stikin the knife in them.

Same with n*gga.

If i say what up my n*gga to one of my black friends they have no prob. with that

if i say fuk u n*gga or sumthin like that it's a different story.

13Lack i agree on some of your points...

- Latinos and Blacks, light skinned or dark skinned are different
- Hip-Hop is a Black Culture
- there is racism between ANY race that goes BOTH directions

disagree on others...

- The bond between Blacks and Latinos is VERY strong, whether you like it or not, there are always , ALWAYS going to be acceptions but for the most part, living in lower class neighborhoods, racism towards us it is a tight bond
- Though MOST, i'd say a good 90-96% of Hip Hop was created by Blacks, not ALL of it was, there was some input by Latinos, contribution even more but yes, especially graffiti art, there was contribution by Latinos

Latinos/Hispanics, whatever you wanna call us, whether we are light skinned or dark skinned such as me are neither white nor Black, we are an ethnicity of our own. I respect Blacks as well as whites and asians, but I am Latino, proud to be one too. I hope that everybody is proud of what God made them, but even more important respects other races as well

11-19-2004, 03:35 PM         #72
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EmOnEyBaGz175 said:
Your confusing the influences of hip hop to the actual creation of it....What you think that only one man made hip hop??? SMFH like i said u wanna claim all hip hop culture but yet u dont know ya facts i aint even gunna argue with you no more kid like i said u look like a latino hurted ya feelings or something you're downplaying very little hand we had in creating hip hop...u cant just take one part and say it created all...Blacks have the majority in the creation of hip hop but latinos had a little part in the creation of it too
Like I said Latinos CONTRIBUTED to it. Blacks created it. WHY? Because ALL the elements of Hip-Hop, except MAYBE graffitti existed BEFORE 1979(which is the widely accpeted date for the birth of hip-hop) Like i said, call and response , Copeia can be attributed to Break dancing, scatting is attributed to Bee-boxing, and the spoken word existed in the 60's maybe before. All of these things came WAAAAAAAAAY before 1979. All of these are BLACK in origin. They all came togther to form Hip-Hop. Therefore since they are all black artforms that came together to make ONE. Then blacks CREATED hip-hop PERIOD.

THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT LATINOS CONTRIBUTED. They did not create it.

To create something means you take NOTHING and make SOMETHING. There was always "a something". Those "somethings" are the things i stated before--Jazz, Scatting, etc etc. which were * drumroll* black artforms.
 11-19-2004, 03:47 PM         #73
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*moves subject to the word: n*gga, and spics*

Personally words do nothing to me, a word is viewed as bad because that's what peole percieve it as.

My Black friends say what up my spics, etc.,... I have no problem with it

it's a different story if they say: "ya'll dirty spics" or somethin of that sort

than i'm stikin the knife in them.

Same with n*gga.

If i say what up my n*gga to one of my black friends they have no prob. with that

if i say fuk u n*gga or sumthin like that it's a different story.

13Lack i agree on some of your points...

- Latinos and Blacks, light skinned or dark skinned are different
- Hip-Hop is a Black Culture
- there is racism between ANY race that goes BOTH directions

disagree on others...

- The bond between Blacks and Latinos is VERY strong, whether you like it or not, there are always , ALWAYS going to be acceptions but for the most part, living in lower class neighborhoods, racism towards us it is a tight bond
- Though MOST, i'd say a good 90-96% of Hip Hop was created by Blacks, not ALL of it was, there was some input by Latinos, contribution even more but yes, especially graffiti art, there was contribution by Latinos

Latinos/Hispanics, whatever you wanna call us, whether we are light skinned or dark skinned such as me are neither white nor Black, we are an ethnicity of our own. I respect Blacks as well as whites and asians, but I am Latino, proud to be one too. I hope that everybody is proud of what God made them, but even more important respects other races as well
Yea i agree. One thing i have to ask though. You say you dont really care about Sp1ck being used by your friends, cool. How about Jay-z or Ja make a song similar to Fat Joe and uses Sp1ck throughout the entire song. Hypthetically, Lets just say the song blows up. Givin the influece hip-hop has on "Middle America". Would you be OK with people from EVERY race, including whites, using the word Sp1ck FREELY to you, and amongst themselves? And then more and more songs get made with Rappers from different races using Sp1ck in not only in reference to you, but every race. This word Sp1ck becomes widely accpeted as just a word that was flipped and made into a "new noun"

THINK ABOUT IT REAL WELL

Last edited by 13lack; 11-19-2004 at 04:34 PM..
 11-19-2004, 05:06 PM         #74
visionary 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thinks REAL well,

i wouldn't care as long as "dirt sp1c", "fukin sp1c", "bi*ch a.ss sp1c", as long as it's not used as an offensive way i have no problem with it.

n*gga, may have been used to much, i do here "bi*ch a.ss n*gga" and words like that by all races including blacks, though to stop it blacks with in themselves got to stop sayin it as well.

Again a word is "bad'' or a ''curse'' word because people percieve it as being bad. a word aint gonna do sh*t to me, so as long as you are not using the word sp1c in a bad way that affends my race. I have no problem with it

12 years ago '04        #75
mista SYN 
space
space
space
$274 | Props total: 0 0
Dammit, quit refering to latinos having black blood, that's bullshyt. Mexicans are latinos, but they don't have african roots, its a select few parts of the latino culture, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, they all have afro roots. Salsa music, prodominant in all 3 cultures is derived from the African culture. Puerto Ricans and Dominicans believe it or not, are the "******s" of the hispanic race. The latino comunity loves to down-talk us, by saying we are the ghetto and bottom feeders of the latino culture. Because they speak proper spanish and we speak ebonic spanish. Who gives a fu*k!!! Our roots are our roots, and with everyones opinions you can't take it from us. Sure, you have people dissassociating themselves with blacks. Sure there are a select few, who don't like their children dating blacks. Its like that in all cultures. See people are so fu*king close minded that if a n*gga speak spanish, ya'll counter act by saying, "don't be speaking that mexican round us". We all need to wake up, Sooner then later the n*ggaRican race will begin as we all havin babies with blacks, including myself, and so on and so forth. Bottom line tho, don't get latinos mixed up with those that have african roots. Not all of us try to capitalize on our negro roots when its convenient, cuz like I said earlier, its in our blood and we can't help it.
 11-19-2004, 10:56 PM         #76
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mista SYN said:
Dammit, quit refering to latinos having black blood, that's bullshyt. Mexicans are latinos, but they don't have african roots, its a select few parts of the latino culture, Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, they all have afro roots. Salsa music, prodominant in all 3 cultures is derived from the African culture. Puerto Ricans and Dominicans believe it or not, are the "******s" of the hispanic race. The latino comunity loves to down-talk us, by saying we are the ghetto and bottom feeders of the latino culture. Because they speak proper spanish and we speak ebonic spanish. Who gives a fu*k!!! Our roots are our roots, and with everyones opinions you can't take it from us. Sure, you have people dissassociating themselves with blacks. Sure there are a select few, who don't like their children dating blacks. Its like that in all cultures. See people are so fu*king close minded that if a n*gga speak spanish, ya'll counter act by saying, "don't be speaking that mexican round us". We all need to wake up, Sooner then later the n*ggaRican race will begin as we all havin babies with blacks, including myself, and so on and so forth. Bottom line tho, don't get latinos mixed up with those that have african roots. Not all of us try to capitalize on our negro roots when its convenient, cuz like I said earlier, its in our blood and we can't help it.

DAS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT!!!!!!! Dont you dare confuse Mexicans with having that contaminting a.ss black blood(sarcasm).
 12 years ago '04        #77
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
 mista SYN said:
March 3, 1996 -- In Mexico, various Indian peoples still play ancient instruments. And their songs and dances -- which tell of uprisings against their masters -- pay tribute to their ancestors.
These Mexicans play African "hand pianos" and perform "the dance of the black people." Mexican "corridos" -- or song-stories -- tell of slave uprisings. And the marimbas of Mexico, as well as those of Central America and Ecuador, all have their origins in Africa.

All are examples of the still thriving African legacy in Mexico.

Since 1492, the history of the Americas has been forged by three cultures: indigenous, European, and African - the third root of the Americas, according to the late University of Veracruz professor, Gonzalo Aguirre Beltrán, who was considered Mexico's foremost expert on the African influence on Mexican culture.

The early African presence in the Americas is normally a.ssociated with the slave trade in the United States, the Caribbean, Brazil, Central America, Colombia and Peru. Not generally taught in history textbooks is that Mexico was also a key port of entry for slave ships and consequently had a large African population.

In fact, during the colonial era, there were more Africans than Europeans in Mexico, according to Aguirre Beltrán's pioneering 1946 book, "The Black Population in Mexico." And he said they didn't disappear, but in fact took part in forging the great racial mixture that is today Mexico.

"Because of race mixture, much of the African presence is no longer discernible except in a few places such as Veracruz and the Costa Chica in Guerrero and Oaxaca," wrote Aguirre Beltrán.

In Mexico, many of the Africans that entered came to what are now the states of Yucatan, Michoacan, Tlaxcala, Mexico, Chiapas, Veracruz, Guerrero and Oaxaca. Contrary to popular thought, they did not remain in the south but migrated throughout the whole of Mexico, where they were employed in occupations such as mining, the textile industry, ranching, fishing and agriculture. Blacks in Mexico weren't simply slaves. Many were explorers and cofounders of settlements as far north as Los Angeles and other parts of what is today the Southwest United States.

Prior to independence from Spain, there were numerous slave rebellions throughout the Americas, including in Mexico. The first documented slave rebellion in Mexico occurred in 1537; this was followed by the establishment of various runaway slave settlements called "palenques." Some rebellions were in alliance with Indians and mestizos even as far north as Chihuahua. In 1608, Spaniards negotiated the establishment of a free black community with Yagna, a runaway rebel slave. Today, that community in Veracruz bears its founder's name.

The principal guerrilla f!ghters for Mexican independence from Spain were Indians, mestizos and mulattos. One of the primary leaders of the independence movement, José María Morelos y Pavón, was mulatto, or of African ancestry, as was Vicente Guerrero, Mexico's second president, who officially abolished slavery in 1822. Slavery was actually not done away with until 1829.

Of note, Aguirre Beltrán's research was not well-received in Mexico, says Gabriel Moedano Navarro, director of ethnohistory at the National Museum of Anthropology in Mexico. By 1946, the psyche of the Mexican nation as a mixture of Indian and Spanish blood was well-formed.

Also hidden from history is Mexico's role as a sanctuary to African American slaves during the 19th century. Unknown to even most historians, descendants of these slaves still live in Mexico.

In the summer of 1850, the Mascogos, composed of runaway slaves and free blacks from Florida, along with Seminoles and Kikapus, fled south from the United States, to the Mexican border state of Coahuila. Accompanying the Seminoles were also 'Black Seminoles' -- slaves who had been freed by the tribe after battles against white settlers in Florida.

The three groups eventually settled the town of El Nacimiento, Coahuila, where many of their descendants remain, including some of our distant relatives.

The African presence in Mexico is not so much denied as it is obscured. Aguirre Beltrán's work has brought to light something most Mexicans and Mexican Americans have historically been unaware of -- that they, like other Latinos, have not only Indian and Spanish blood, but African blood as well.

In times of racial discord between Latinos and African Americans, this historical confluence of cultures should serve as a reminder that both communities share common ancestors. In fact, if we probe far enough, we're all related.
now shut up u crack baby ALL latinos had/has a african bloodline african slavery existed in south america,central america,caribbeans maybe the only ones with the true 100 % spaniard ancestry is argentina from then on all all spanish/latin countries had african ancestry...the only difference from someone from mexico to someone from dominican republic is that indians we're taking out in places like puerto rico,cuba,d.r and replaced by africans in mexico what they did was got rid of blacks and let the indians be the slaves..go read a book tu no ere latino si no entiende nuesta history mamañema
 11-19-2004, 11:37 PM         #78
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EmOnEyBaGz175 said:
now shut up u crack baby ALL latinos had/has a african bloodline african slavery existed in south america,central america,caribbeans maybe the only ones with the true 100 % spaniard ancestry is argentina from then on all all spanish/latin countries had african ancestry...the only difference from someone from mexico to someone from dominican republic is that indians we're taking out in places like puerto rico,cuba,d.r and replaced by africans in mexico what they did was got rid of blacks and let the indians be the slaves..go read a book tu no ere latino si no entiende nuesta history mamañema
thats what i was talkin about. Most Latinos dont want be black or have any kind of connection to Africa. Let them be different. I personally dont have a problem with that. Eveyone is what they WANT TO BE.

Im AA and i LOVE and am proud my connection to the Diaspora and slavery. I wish i was darker than what the fu*k I am. I know my history.

Its Ironic because i was just reading something about how Asiatic people were not the First Americans. Africans were making voyages to America WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before the now known Native American which are Asian in origin.

Blacks were on this earth and have had ancient technologies for about 100,000 years. waaaaaaaaaaay before ANYONE.

Even the first Buddah was BLACK I have a picture.
[pic - click to view]

Even in Indian spirituality
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by 13lack; 11-19-2004 at 11:38 PM..
 12 years ago '04        #79
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
 13lack said:
thats what i was talkin about. Most Latinos dont want be black or have any kind of connection to Africa. Let them be different. I personally dont have a problem with that. Eveyone is what they WANT TO BE.

Im AA and i LOVE and am proud my connection to the Diaspora and slavery. I wish i was darker than what the fu*k I am. I know my history.

Its Ironic because i was just reading something about how Asiatic people were not the First Americans. Africans were making voyages to America WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before the now known Native American which are Asian in origin.

Blacks were on this earth and have had ancient technologies for about 100,000 years. waaaaaaaaaaay before ANYONE.

Even the first Buddah was BLACK I have a picture.
[pic - click to view]

Even in Indian spirituality
[pic - click to view]

*smh at me being home on a friday night/saturday morning
but i got you son dont get me twisted just cause i identify under latino dosent mean i dont embrace my african ancestry even tho i dont look like it i have a african bloodline i have dark skinned family members if it wasnt for their straight hair or their language they would be consider BLACK by people but also i cant downplay my indian,spaniard bloodline neither thats why i identify has being latino most of us understand our bloodline and we embrace it.Im proud of being Latino but i cant downplay my African ancestry.
*edit* and heres a map of the african diaspora.For anyone that wants to argue about mexicans and other latinos that are not from the carribeans not having a african bloodline

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by EmOnEyBaGz175; 11-19-2004 at 11:54 PM..
 11-20-2004, 12:06 AM         #80
13lack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*smh at me being home on a saturday night*
but i got you son dont get me twisted just cause i identify under latino dosent mean i dont embrace my african ancestry even tho i dont look like it i have a african bloodline i have dark skinned family members if it wasnt for their good hair or their language they would be consider BLACK by people but also i cant downplay my indian,spaniard bloodline neither thats why i identify has being latino most of us understand our bloodline and we embrace it.Im proud of being Latino but i cant downplay my African ancestry.
UHHHH its Friday.

I dont have a problem with that. All im sayin is you( the proverbial "you" not you personally). You can be different you dont have to embrace anyhting or try to get others to embrace a culture that the MAJORITY of latinos obviously don't want. ITS A FACT OF YOUR CULTURE.

Its not obligatory for you to state you embrace it. It dosent really make me feel any special kinship towards Latino people. I feel kinship towards Black people. And let me get something straight about the statement i just made. Just because i dont feel a kinship dosent mean i hate latinos. Its just that im one Black person that just dosent buy into the hype that balcks and Latinos are one love dovey happy family. Its just simply not true.

Were totally different but can still be cool with each other. But blacks is still FAM. From light to dark. Thas the way i feel. I would neva claim anything else even though im mixed indirectly like most AA.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tyrann Mathieu's Sister
40 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside How much money do barbers make?
195 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside M. Night Shyamalan's Split Just Screened, Here's What People Are Saying
79 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 27 - The brain becomes 'unified' when hallucinating on LSD
233 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Meek Mill's Philly Goon Tony Rose Calls Out The Game & Wack100 For Touc..
126 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fences Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Denzel Washington Movie
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - Virginia Police Department Popping The Hoods On Cop Cars To Block Das..
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Just seen The Wolf Of Wall Street 2 days ago...
80 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy