Can White People Actually Relate to Nas' New Album?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
165 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-05-2008, 05:35 PM         #81
Ameen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm arab...a 21st century zzzzzz
 9 years ago '04        #82
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
lmao @ this....

whooaaa @ care less about the black man's struggle? u tip toeing on thin ice on that statement...dont be disrespectful

as far as you relating to the album it depends on the person b/c not all white people are alike and maybe some can relate if they can relate to some issues as far as struggling and the gvt corruption then yeah..plus its just great music regardless if you know what its like 2 be black that has nothing to do wit you liking the album

now you shouldnt be on here talkin about you can care less about the black man struggle and sh*t cuz of course muthafukka and i can care less about you relating or caring and if i was around u id probably pop u in ya mouth
 9 years ago '04        #83
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,281 | Props total: 243 243
 BoxdenSleuth said:
I listen to it for catchy music with good beats. Its why I like Lupe, Jay-Z, 50, Wayne, Pharell, LL Cool J, Nelly, etc and why I don't listen to Dead Prez and Nas to often.

I am a white guy in law school with mostly white friends. I am not racist, but I can't say a black person's problems really effect me to much.
Im not saying your racist. I just finished law school myself and there were 2 white dudes who I considered hiphop heads. YOU would not be one of them. Being white has nothing to do with not appreciating the struggle/plight of others. Supposedly (?) thats a human thing. A white person in college put ME on to dead prez. Struggle is struggle and music is music. DO YOUR HISTORY.

Nas; said:
Ayo, I am American born, love America, love my people,
love all mankind, all nationalities.
You know, I think its just been recently when everybody started to feel like there was an elite group that runs everything, and everybody else was sheep, ignorant, making all ethniticities, colors, and creeds N.i.g.g.e.r.s, blind to whats really going on.
So I say take off the wool from your eyes, out with the old America in with the new.
End all racism, all injustice, all oppresion, to poor people, any people anywhere on this planet.
Lets come together, a new day is rising.
 9 years ago '07        #84
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
I laugh at "race"

That's not a step back
 9 years ago '04        #85
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 REAL_NESS said:
So people need little individual excuses to be racist :rolleyes:

GTFOH
He basically said i whipped Nas i mean WTF
 07-05-2008, 06:18 PM         #86
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
So people need little individual excuses to be racist :rolleyes:

GTFOH
i dont view things like that, but i can see how, for example, a white guy says/does something racist....black people get mad about it, and are less trusting of the next white person they interact with.....build this up over time, one racist can turn others into racists...

so yeah, that dude saying racist sh*t earlier, and people like him are just bringing lots more racism into the world

Last edited by Steveo54; 07-05-2008 at 06:21 PM..
 07-05-2008, 06:24 PM         #87
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
He basically said i whipped Nas i mean WTF
So you adress that man for his comment and his stupidity you don't say "you're the reason white people are racist"

Steveo54 said:
i dont view things like that, but i can see how, for example, a white guy says/does something racist....black people get mad about it, and are less trusting of the next white person they interact with.....build this up over time, one racist can turn others into racists....
get outta here with that a comment on the internet does not turn you into an overt racist chances are said person was already one.

I can watch the news and Bill O'reilly can make a bigot comment but that doesn't justify me hating all white people. What type of logic do y'all have on this site?

What a joke
 07-05-2008, 06:25 PM         #88
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ayo. this album woulda been aright if it was made 10 years ago.
 9 years ago '04        #89
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
some of y'all are being stubborn about this sh*t, acting like what we saying don't qualify us to understand or relate or care about your struggle in any way. if that's your attitude, fu*k you...your views are just as close-minded as some racist redneck flying the confederate flag.
 07-05-2008, 06:55 PM         #90
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes and No. There are certain tracks that are obviously targeted for blacks to relate to. But this is nothing really new to me, since I can't relate to a lot of stuff I listen. I'm white from an upper middle-class family, so I obviously can't relate to dealing coke and being poor, but it doesn't mean I can't appreciate it from a music standpoint.

Edit: Before someone who can't put two and two together and says "This album isn't about selling drugs, etc" I know that. I'm not talking about other artists that I listen to.

Last edited by KrayLay; 07-05-2008 at 07:15 PM..
 07-05-2008, 07:02 PM         #91
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
enjoy the hot beats white people ......
:rolleyes:
 9 years ago '04        #92
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 The N said:
enjoy the hot beats white people ......
 9 years ago '05        #93
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
 Dash420 said:
lmao @ this....

whooaaa @ care less about the black man's struggle? u tip toeing on thin ice on that statement...dont be disrespectful

as far as you relating to the album it depends on the person b/c not all white people are alike and maybe some can relate if they can relate to some issues as far as struggling and the gvt corruption then yeah..plus its just great music regardless if you know what its like 2 be black that has nothing to do wit you liking the album

now you shouldnt be on here talkin about you can care less about the black man struggle and sh*t cuz of course muthafukka and i can care less about you relating or caring and if i was around u id probably pop u in ya mouth
And you would get arrested for a.ssault.
 07-05-2008, 08:39 PM         #94
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:
95 % of boxden is white
and most of them like the new nas
so i guess yes
its more like 30%...i remember there was a race poll...the majority of the site was black at like 50%
 9 years ago '05        #95
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
 ILLmag 7 said:
its more like 30%...i remember there was a race poll...the majority of the site was black at like 50%
People lie.

White kids that want to be black are going to vote black as the race I bet.
 9 years ago '07        #96
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194

Can tan ppl relate?
 9 years ago '06        #97
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
 RamazedAGAIN said:
im talking about his intellectual lyrics, n*ggas from the south cant understand that sh*t, go listen to your 2 step.
thats another thing they cant relate to.

Dancing is in our genes from Africa. Dumbasses didnt learn sh*t in they history classes so they just cant understand why we fu*k with dance music. And if yall paid attention more dance songs have came out from new york than since the whole time the south got on. I dont dance but I still have a good time vibin watchin other n*ggas do it. These white boys on here, their first instinct is to say "fu*k that bullsh*t" when they see a new dance song. So whats that tell you?
 07-05-2008, 09:40 PM         #98
KingStarbury3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 El Fuerte said:
Listen to the last 30-45 seconds of We're Not Alone...dummies
at you being the first to point this out
 9 years ago '08        #99
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,900 | Props total: 1699 1699
 KingStarbury3 said:
at you being the first to point this out
i guess Jigga was right

"Do yall listen to music?,
or do you just skim through it?"
 07-05-2008, 09:51 PM         #100
coming_of_age07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No They Can't I'm Sorry As Much As They Would Want To They Don't Know Shiit, Don't Know How It Feels, They Can Wear Doo Rags (I Still Don't Understand Why They Do, Cause They Hair Ain't Nappy Like Mines Is Which Is Why I Wear A Doo Rag In The First Place N For Rows Etc) sh*t Pisses Me Off. Aint No White Boy Is Coming Up To Me Feeling They More n*gga Then Me Ain't No Way In Hell.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
102 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy