Can White People Actually Relate to Nas' New Album?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
199 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-05-2008, 01:20 PM         #61
smithahr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to me its very simple - i think there actually was an 2k bug but it didnt fu*k up the computers, it fuc*ed up hip hop... for the last 10 years it sucked big time and its being exterminated by the "popularity", now days everything and everyone is on hip hop when most of the time its not even close to real hip hop... i dont relate to many messages black artists have but i can recognize real hip hop (as long as nas isnt preaching hate and violence like dead prez im ok with his music, no disrespect to dead prez fans, they do great music but a bit 2 radicl for me)... if you're a hip hop fan, doesnt matter which color you are whenever - Nas, Dr. Dre, Pharoahe Monch, Q-tip, K-OS, Methodman, Redman, Common, Mos def, Talib etc... drop a cd u better get it and enjoy the portion of true hip hop still left for us....
 07-05-2008, 01:21 PM         #62
Crazee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm a white fan of Nas...and btw, I'm struggling to get a job and I've been arrested for wondering why cops stop me and ask if i have drugs on me for no reason. If I was a minority, I could say it's rascism...but really I don't even think it's about race. It's about corruption in the police system and "looking" for people who fit a criminal profile. Whether that's a black guy from the hood or a white boy who looks like a dropout.

I think the new album is dope, but I think my beef with racially motivated music is that throwing issues in people's faces or labeling someone as the enemy does nothing to improve racial conflict. I have my own mind, I follow people based on their values not their skin color. I'm a Christian, so that's what I'm supposed to do. I don't think Nas is anti-white people at all. But what does irritate me is that I'm conservative...which would make me one of "those whites" even though I'm poor and racially neutral. I hate even disscussing it. But I feel that often people will call out conservative whites and say "They're the enemy, they're the ones holding everyone down!". I can't even hold down a job, much less people. I believe that conservative government and economy will provide all people(including minorities) with better finances and stable lives. I think the black communities have a lot of problems, a lot of which might be from oppression but a lot is self-inflicted. I'm not a supporter of Obama, but when he said the biggest problem is the lack of fathers he hit it on the head. This is, what I feel, holds us back. How can anyone be stable without family? White or black, that's what has hurt sociological progress. So, when people throw out all these political solutions and blaming Goerge Bush...that's what gets annoying for a guy like me. Because the problems are deeper than just who our president is. The problem is US not THEM. I can honestly say most of my problems are self inflicted, though not all.

Even now, I feel as if some issues are too "controversial" to disscuss. I applaud Nas. I just wonder, if I did an album about my political views...would they be accepted? I don't accept "He's not talking about me!" kind of logic. Which is why Rass Kass gets no love. He called all white people the root of evil! I hate blame games in general, whether racial, economic or other. I think Nas is trying to build bridges, even if I disagree with him politically. But there are rappers(and others) who try to burn bridges. And honestly, there are a lot of white people in this country that get the "black vote" because they fan the racial fire...
 9 years ago '04        #63
EMBARK 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,281 | Props total: 243 243
 BoxdenSleuth said:
I honestly can't. It's ok but I am white, and I really can care less about the black mans struggle or how hard he has it. It doesn't interest me or keep me interested.
I never say this.......... but dont listen to hiphop. Really. If you dont care about the struggles of the voiceless, poor, minority then hiphop aint for you. AT ALL.
 9 years ago '04        #64
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,647 | Props total: 2189 2189
I dont think they can ever relate..i just feel that they could appreciate good lyricism in the album
 9 years ago '04        #65
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,647 | Props total: 2189 2189
 EMBARK said:
I never say this.......... but dont listen to hiphop. Really. If you dont care about the struggles of the voiceless, poor, minority then hiphop aint for you. AT ALL.
you kinda right
 9 years ago '08        #66
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,900 | Props total: 1699 1699
 Nas said:
Ayo, I am American born, love America, love my people,
love all mankind, all nationalities.
You know, I think its just been recently when everybody started to feel like there was an elite group that runs everything, and everybody else was sheep, ignorant, making all ethniticities, colors, and creeds N.i.g.g.e.r.s, blind to whats really going on.
So I say take off the wool from your eyes, out with the old America in with the new.
End all racism, all injustice, all oppresion, to poor people, any people anywhere on this planet.
Lets come together, a new day is rising.
/Thread
 9 years ago '05        #67
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
 EMBARK said:
I listen to it for catchy music with good beats. Its why I like Lupe, Jay-Z, 50, Wayne, Pharell, LL Cool J, Nelly, etc and why I don't listen to Dead Prez and Nas to often.

I am a white guy in law school with mostly white friends. I am not racist, but I can't say a black person's problems really effect me to much.
 9 years ago '04        #68
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 boar said:
.... talkin sh*t, u (white ppl) can get a job very easily, u (white ppl) can curse a police man and not get taken 2 jail, u (white ppl) didnt have 2 pick cottons 400 years ago and get wiped (i didnt but my forefathers had 2 go thru dat struggle nd it hurts me 2 kno dey went thru dat sh*t)... nd if u dont kno dat n*gga cover was aimed at u ppl, so u can c it and c wat u did, feel it :finger::finger:...
people like u make white people racist
 9 years ago '06        #69
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
I said this sh*t before. The white boys on here cant relate to sh*t in hip hop so they fallback on the only thing they can relate to: lyrics. Thats why this place turned into a damn language arts class. I mean sh*t go read poems if all you want is metaphors
 9 years ago '04        #70
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 Crazee said:
I'm a white fan of Nas...and btw, I'm struggling to get a job and I've been arrested for wondering why cops stop me and ask if i have drugs on me for no reason. If I was a minority, I could say it's rascism...but really I don't even think it's about race. It's about corruption in the police system and "looking" for people who fit a criminal profile. Whether that's a black guy from the hood or a white boy who looks like a dropout.
I aint saying people don't get pulled over for being black, but damn they pull people over for all kind of stupid sh*t. Lately they been pullin people over for having too many "young" people in a car at once.
 07-05-2008, 04:00 PM         #71
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The reason you can't get with this nas album is the same reason why racial hate will never die. Cause white people don't like to be educated.
 9 years ago '08        #72
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,496 | Props total: 17066 17066
enjoy the hot beats white people ......
 07-05-2008, 04:23 PM         #73
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 boar said:
.... talkin sh*t, u (white ppl) can get a job very easily, u (white ppl) can curse a police man and not get taken 2 jail, u (white ppl) didnt have 2 pick cottons 400 years ago and get wiped (i didnt but my forefathers had 2 go thru dat struggle nd it hurts me 2 kno dey went thru dat sh*t)... nd if u dont kno dat n*gga cover was aimed at u ppl, so u can c it and c wat u did, feel it :finger::finger:...
What did I personally do again?
 07-05-2008, 04:27 PM         #74
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm hispanic and this album was boring as fu*k. sh*tty album and all it did was add to the problem of racism.
 9 years ago '04        #75
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
Im white and I cant relate to it....I mean I can relate when he talking bout the goverment and all that sh*t cuz I think they crooked as hell too......but as far as the struggle and what its like to be black then no....I still think its good music but Im just seeing his point of view of things.....I like "Say IT LOUD IM BLACK AND IM PROUD" by james brown but I cant relate to it....
 9 years ago '07        #76
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,712 | Props total: 2303 2303
 hotsisal_23 said:
who da fuk is fall out boy
Soulja Boy's emo cousin.
 07-05-2008, 05:17 PM         #77
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can relate to some of it, cant relate to alot of it....

I think its a good album, but honestly it really wasnt directed toward a white guy like me. then again, i dont really relate to robbing and murdering and drug dealing like half the fu*king rappers out there are always rapping about.

honestly, i dont think many white people can relate to this album.

Oh, and fu*k all you racist black people talking sh*t about white people in this thread. bi*ches

Last edited by Steveo54; 07-05-2008 at 05:20 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #78
boar 
space
space
$1,215 | Props total: 0 0
 Plizaya J said:
na ppl like me dont make no1 racist... lookin 4 a excuse 2 b racist, hw the hell do u make som1 hate a whole race...
 07-05-2008, 05:31 PM         #79
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
agreed....its that kinda of talk that fuels racism....hell, that kind of talk is racism......

Last edited by Steveo54; 07-05-2008 at 05:56 PM..
 07-05-2008, 05:34 PM         #80
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
So people need little individual excuses to be racist :rolleyes:

GTFOH
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
14 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
48 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy