Can White People Actually Relate to Nas' New Album?

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
44 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #41
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,483 | Props total: 17929 17929
 awall said:
NAs HATES U AND YOUR WHITE PEOPLE.HE ALWAYS HAVE..HE SPEAKS AGAINST INTERRACIAL DATINg.HE DOES MORE THAN TALK ABOUT A STRUGGLE...HE FLAT OUT DISSES WHITEYS IF U LISTEN....SO DONT BUY THE ALBUM. LIL WAYNE GOT LOVE FOR YALL .GO GET DAT ALBUm.
u are a fu*king joke
 07-05-2008, 01:39 AM         #42
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm white and I come from a middle/upper class suburban upbringing that has not had any struggle, something that I have never denied on this site. Can I specifically relate to what Nas is saying? Some of it yes, some of it definitely not. But what I can do is appreciate what he is saying and how he is saying it. For myself, it is just like a great movie, or novel. If I watch a documentary on the struggle of a singular race, I can definitely appreciate and love it, so why not an album? Nas is a storyteller, and he has done an excellent job of telling me his views of the world.

Hell, you don't have to agree with everything his says, and there are some things on the album that I do not fully agree with, but I will not go around saying 'fu*k Nas, that bi*ch has different opinions of the world then I do'. That's just being ignorant and close minded. He has obviously had a different upbringing then myself and its great to see a different perspective. It makes myself understand the world a lot better, and understand the sensitive issues that still run rampant in our neighborhoods, on small and large scales.

Nas has created a piece of art, and you can tell he poured his heart into this album. That gets MAJOR props from me, considering how diluted the music industry is these days, an industry where everyone is looking to make a fast million and disappear. This album will be picked up by me, a white kid from the suburbs, but not because I think I am gangster and gutter, but I appreciate the art and what Nas is saying.
 9 years ago '07        #43
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
Well, i can't answer for white people.

But I'm middle-eastern and I can relate to it somewhat in the sense of being discriminated against and that type of sh*t.

And this album is GREAT!

You don't have to be black to like this album, you don't have to relate to it but you understand where he is coming from still and you can relate to that.
 9 years ago '07        #44
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
 Liquid Oxygen said:
I'm white and I come from a middle/upper class suburban upbringing that has not had any struggle, something that I have never denied on this site. Can I specifically relate to what Nas is saying? Some of it yes, some of it definitely not. But what I can do is appreciate what he is saying and how he is saying it. For myself, it is just like a great movie, or novel. If I watch a documentary on the struggle of a singular race, I can definitely appreciate and love it, so why not an album? Nas is a storyteller, and he has done an excellent job of telling me his views of the world.

Hell, you don't have to agree with everything his says, and there are some things on the album that I do not fully agree with, but I will not go around saying 'fu*k Nas, that bi*ch has different opinions of the world then I do'. That's just being ignorant and close minded. He has obviously had a different upbringing then myself and its great to see a different perspective. It makes myself understand the world a lot better, and understand the sensitive issues that still run rampant in our neighborhoods, on small and large scales.

Nas has created a piece of art, and you can tell he poured his heart into this album. That gets MAJOR props from me, considering how diluted the music industry is these days, an industry where everyone is looking to make a fast million and disappear. This album will be picked up by me, a white kid from the suburbs, but not because I think I am gangster and gutter, but I appreciate the art and what Nas is saying.
Great Post!
:applause:
 9 years ago '05        #45
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
I can relate to it and im white

I have a black girlfriend. .and id say more than half of my friends are minorities

So in a certain way i can definitely relate to it

People dont know the stares i get when I'm with my girl by white and black people. .or the hate i get from my own family. .or the disappointment from my neighbors and whoever else. .and the way that white people at my own college act a certain way around me because of who i hang out with

So i can definitely relate to this album

But i doubt most white people can relate that much. .I'm different always have been and always will be

And I guess I can also relate because I'm sicilian and part middle eastern as well so in the summer especially i dont even look white im tan as fu*k and i know rednecks get pissed off when they see my tan a.ss

So Yes some white people can relate but most prolly cant

Last edited by Str8 outta Cuse; 07-05-2008 at 02:13 AM..
 9 years ago '12        #46
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,984 | Props total: 1251 1251
 CheezyDoDo said:
95 % of boxden is white
and most of them like the new nas
so i guess yes
your clearly mistakin'...
 07-05-2008, 06:23 AM         #47
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:
no most white people on boxden like"real hiphop".So they hate on artisit like wayne and TI .And they like artist like nas and Immortal Technique and the other half of white people are G-unit and New York stans.Thats why this is possibly the worse hiphop section on the internet.Because its filled wit HATERS AND Stans.Who dont have an open ear for anything except their lovers
Thats everywhere not just on boxden or the internet and not all white kids hate commercial (See: TRL'ers, Hipsters, Blog etilist who sweat Wayne and Jeezy)

Bit of a vague generalisation on your part...
 9 years ago '05        #48
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 468 468
This sh*t makes me laugh one of the biggest influences for Nas at the moment is John Lennon. Who famously made a track with the word zzzzzz in the title. All the racism need to stop people
 07-05-2008, 08:27 AM         #49
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid Oxygen said:

Co-sign eh? :applause:
 07-05-2008, 08:32 AM         #50
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow, pretty good thread. Gave a lot of insight
 9 years ago '04        #51
sonofaque86 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$428 | Props total: 0 0
Maybe some can. I mean, I'm black and I grew up in middle class neighborhoods and never lived in the projects or whatever. Most of the people in my family attended college....People tend to think all black people live this way, I mean I've been around that stuff, but it's not like I lived it. There are whites who struggle just like other minorities. It's not fair to say that ALL black people nowadays are struggling because thats not true

Last edited by sonofaque86; 07-05-2008 at 08:40 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #52
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 sonofaque86 said:
Maybe some can. I mean, I'm black and I grew up in middle class neighborhoods and never lived in the projects or whatever. Most of the people in my family attended college....People tend to think all black people live this way, I mean I've been around that stuff, but it's not like I lived it. There are whites who struggle just like other minorities. It's not fair to say that ALL black people nowadays are struggling because thats not true
LOL did you hear the CD? The CD isn't about being poor or growing up in the projects it's about race issues. If you saying your black and never seen racism in America then your probably not black.
 9 years ago '04        #53
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,406 | Props total: 6433 6433
 RamazedAGAIN said:
white people can relate to it more then n*ggas from the south.
 9 years ago '07        #54
boar 
space
space
$1,215 | Props total: 0 0
 tmich19 said:
Can white person on here please explain a racist situation they was involved in.. i'm just curious....
.... talkin sh*t, u (white ppl) can get a job very easily, u (white ppl) can curse a police man and not get taken 2 jail, u (white ppl) didnt have 2 pick cottons 400 years ago and get wiped (i didnt but my forefathers had 2 go thru dat struggle nd it hurts me 2 kno dey went thru dat sh*t)... nd if u dont kno dat n*gga cover was aimed at u ppl, so u can c it and c wat u did, feel it :finger::finger:...
 9 years ago '05        #55
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1671 1671
I don't think this album is about specifically racially-driven issues, it touches more on segregation and discrimination as a whole.. And I think you don't really need to be an African American to enjoy this album, its music, and music is universal.
 9 years ago '07        #56
boar 
space
space
$1,215 | Props total: 0 0
 HR_Paperstacks said:
I remember chilling at the mall back in high school with one of my friends from the old neighborhood, just a normal kid and I was watching the workers eye us up as we walked through the store, it was a fu*king joke. I felt so bad for my friend.
 klone03 said:
^ i hang around with a lot of different minorities & have witnessed little sh*t like not getting seated when you're first in line...moving to the nice white couple instead or going to car dealerships & nobody says a word to us. they're constantly getting d*cked around & it's little sh*t so if you say something then they act like you overreacting & you're an extremist or some sh*t. that's my personal experience with it.
wait.... u call deze racist situations , stfu :banghead:
 9 years ago '04        #57
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
 Liquid Oxygen said:

9 years ago '04        #58
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
Many of the themes he speaks about from the perspective of a black man in America actually effect everyone in this country directly, and by extension, given the worldwide U.S. influence, everyone in the world. Nas even goes into this himself on one track, don't remember which, but he talks about how the issues don't just effect black people. If you don't go into it with a closed-mind, thinking black people are somehow effected by completely different forces and living in some world seperate from yours, these things will be apparent. And if you care for your fellow human beings, even the issues specific to blacks in America should strike a cord with you.

A lot of people are racist though, or hold stereotypical views of blacks, those people won't catch their relation to what Nas discusses.
 9 years ago '08        #59
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
Listen to the last 30-45 seconds of We're Not Alone...dummies
 9 years ago '05        #60
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
 RamazedAGAIN said:
white people can relate to it more then n*ggas from the south.
Yeah, n*ggas from the South can't relate to racism, segregation and oppression from other races
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
70 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
241 comments
2 days ago