Can White People Actually Relate to Nas' New Album?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-04-2008, 10:05 PM         #21
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can I fully relate to Nas' album as a white male? No. But that does mean I can't empathize with the struggle and maybe hope that things will get better? Not at all. Everyone has seen racism in action in their lifetime and a lot of us hopes for a society where their friends of any skin color aren't subject to racism.

Not to mention, everyone can stand back and look at this album as a work of art, just flip that sh*t on and chill to it. It's refreshing to see MC's rap with a purpose instead of rapping about Supermanning hoes or being rare like Mr. Clean with hair.
 9 years ago '07        #22
timdog 920 heat pts920
space
space
$30,461 | Props total: 14901 14901
nas is out of queensbridge and has been for awhile he should rap about his new surroundings

he is a very good rapper the albums good

isnt kinda strange nas got god son on his stomach like pac got thug life on his

nas is a hypocrite
 9 years ago '08        #23
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,924 | Props total: 7313 7313
 CheezyDoDo said:
no most white people on boxden like"real hiphop".So they hate on artisit like wayne and TI .And they like artist like nas and Immortal Technique and the other half of white people are G-unit and New York stans.Thats why this is possibly the worse hiphop section on the internet.Because its filled wit HATERS AND Stans.Who dont have an open ear for anything except their lovers
Skin color doesn't mean sh*t, people just dont like wack a.ss n*ggas like Wayne that dont say sh*t.
 07-04-2008, 10:13 PM         #24
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:
95 % of boxden is white
and most of them like the new nas
so i guess yes
 07-04-2008, 10:19 PM         #25
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can white person on here please explain a racist situation they was involved in.. i'm just curious....
 9 years ago '08        #26
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,530 | Props total: 17156 17156
YOU CAN BE A zzzzzz TO

REMEMBER THAT
 9 years ago '07        #27
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
Nas ain't No racist, he's just biggin up his culture, his people, he does it in rare fashion, he writes his lyrics down in poetry form....and you can tell he does his research on the topics before he speaks

How can you knock him for that??, i mean honestly, What other rapper actually cares about their culture, their people more than Nas...i really can't name 1

so i mean, Nas is old school, i feel he got alot of sh*t off his chest on this album, where before he may have bit his tongue, but on this album he was able to get his point of view across, and that was the whole theme of the album......

and if you actually listen to his lyrics he explains how "zzzzzz" is a much deeper word, its not necessarily black people, its all people

i know black people who don't even bump Nas, they say he's too political n sh*t..

Last edited by Pos; 07-04-2008 at 10:24 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #28
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,611 | Props total: 5462 5462
the album ends perfectly too, "Black President"...

i mean so it ends where the world currently is, Obama isn't even fully black, but he will be considered the first African-American president ever, so this album is kinda powerful, its epic..

my personal fav song on the cd is "Were Not Alone", to me its just a deep song, great lyrics, and musically its all there

Last edited by Pos; 07-04-2008 at 10:31 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #29
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
 tmich19 said:
Can white person on here please explain a racist situation they was involved in.. i'm just curious....
^ i hang around with a lot of different minorities & have witnessed little sh*t like not getting seated when you're first in line...moving to the nice white couple instead or going to car dealerships & nobody says a word to us. they're constantly getting d*cked around & it's little sh*t so if you say something then they act like you overreacting & you're an extremist or some sh*t. that's my personal experience with it.
 07-04-2008, 10:35 PM         #30
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klone03 said:
^ i hang around with a lot of different minorities & have witnessed little sh*t like not getting seated when you're first in line...moving to the nice white couple instead or going to car dealerships & nobody says a word to us. they're constantly getting d*cked around & it's little sh*t so if you say something then they act like you overreacting & you're an extremist or some sh*t. that's my personal experience with it.
I remember chilling at the mall back in high school with one of my friends from the old neighborhood, just a normal kid and I was watching the workers eye us up as we walked through the store, it was a fu*king joke. I felt so bad for my friend.
 07-04-2008, 10:55 PM         #31
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 maf said:
I guess that even if you're not a part of it, you can still admire the art.
:applause:

Only a narrow-minded fu*k wouldn't appreciate this album. At least Nas is speakin on some "REAL" sh*t, and not in the hood "real" and tryin to address current issues that are goin on in the world today, and using his music to get his point across. I never take offense to hip-hop, I know and understand that the hatred is towards certain people and for specific reasons. Being white myself I agree with 95% of who Nas points the finger at on his album.
 07-04-2008, 10:58 PM         #32
KingOfNY369 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pos said:
Nas ain't No racist, he's just biggin up his culture, his people, he does it in rare fashion, he writes his lyrics down in poetry form....and you can tell he does his research on the topics before he speaks

How can you knock him for that??, i mean honestly, What other rapper actually cares about their culture, their people more than Nas...i really can't name 1

so i mean, Nas is old school, i feel he got alot of sh*t off his chest on this album, where before he may have bit his tongue, but on this album he was able to get his point of view across, and that was the whole theme of the album......

and if you actually listen to his lyrics he explains how "zzzzzz" is a much deeper word, its not necessarily black people, its all people

i know black people who don't even bump Nas, they say he's too political n sh*t..
:applause:

Album will be said to have been "far ahead of it's time" down the road...
 9 years ago '05        #33
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
 maf said:
I guess that even if you're not a part of it, you can still admire the art.
thats kind of how i feel..

I gotta give it another listen before I decide if i like it though. I liked HHID and Streets Deciple alot and of course God Son and most of his sh*t before that, but this one's just a little left field for me. I liked his mixtape with GL though. a.ssociation should have made the album. But yeah I'm white but I gotta give it another go before I really like it or really hate it. right now its just your basic nas album with a twist.
 9 years ago '06        #34
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
...does half white count?? lol

no but seriously did you even LISTEN to the album?? i swear ppl be hearin nas albums but ain't *listening*. obv there's a lot of issues bout the black man's plight, but there are MANY other issues at stake and like dude said above he calls women and all races who's with his movement ni**ers on this album. he's not calling out white ppl, but corporate/political white america who are doing the oppressing.

and furthermore, it's very ignorant to think that. can white ppl not listen to blues either?? can white ppl not respect black leaders either?? some ppl are fu*ked up.

Last edited by SHootar; 07-04-2008 at 11:26 PM..
 07-04-2008, 11:27 PM         #35
AIshiitsonall 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:
95 % of boxden is white
and most of them like the new nas
so i guess yes
serious...i thought this was mostly blacks site ?
 07-04-2008, 11:39 PM         #36
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the way i see it, nas starts with the struggle of blacks but then expands to the entire oppression going on in the US right now

the part where he mentions that maybe theres a group somewhere controlling everything isnt just a thought, hes hinting at something...
 9 years ago '08        #37
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,648 | Props total: 2166 2166
 AIshiitsonall said:
serious...i thought this was mostly blacks site ?
Yeah, you`d think that, but that`s not the case.
 9 years ago '05        #38
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,495 | Props total: 717 717
haha i think the album is balls to be honest...im so disapointed
 07-05-2008, 12:22 AM         #39
AIshiitsonall 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 904Nole said:
Yeah, you`d think that, but that`s not the case.
so alot of people here a zzzzzzz since i see everyone talking like black people?
 9 years ago '04        #40
LilEscobar 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,150 | Props total: 222 222
I always hear white people saying "slavery happened a long time ago, get over it" and such.... A lot of them fail to realize that the same sh*t is going on now, it has just become less overt. I think Nas did a decent job of shining light on the current situation.. He talked about music being censored now and how the higher ups control what's released and what people can say... He covered a whole lot of sh*t that the majority of people can relate to... Just my .2
Home      

most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
169 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
203 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
229 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
263 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy