Can White People Actually Relate to Nas' New Album?

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
49 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
10501 pageviews
187 comments

BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26
space
space
space
$1,274 | Props total: 97 97
Can White People Actually Relate to Nas' New Album?

I honestly can't. It's ok but I am white, and I really can care less about the black mans struggle or how hard he has it. It doesn't interest me or keep me interested. As far as songs, he made good music, I am not bashing it. Its just as a white person who could give a sh*t about a struggle, does it have any redeeming qualities?

Just trying to see if I am alone on this.

187 comments for "Can White People Actually Relate to Nas' New Album?"

9 years ago '07        #2
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
95 % of boxden is white
and most of them like the new nas
so i guess yes

Last edited by CheezyDoDo; 07-04-2008 at 09:43 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #3
BoxdenSleuth 26 heat pts26 OP
space
space
space
Most of the white people on Boxden liek to think they can relate to black people and deep down want to be black, so I don't know if they relate or try to relate.
 9 years ago '05        #4
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
NAs HATES U AND YOUR WHITE PEOPLE.HE ALWAYS HAVE..HE SPEAKS AGAINST INTERRACIAL DATINg.HE DOES MORE THAN TALK ABOUT A STRUGGLE...HE FLAT OUT DISSES WHITEYS IF U LISTEN....SO DONT BUY THE ALBUM. LIL WAYNE GOT LOVE FOR YALL .GO GET DAT ALBUm.
 9 years ago '08        #5
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
only ppl who should have problems relating to this album are either racist, elitist, or both
 9 years ago '05        #6
space
space
space
 awall said:
NAs HATES U AND YOUR WHITE PEOPLE.HE ALWAYS HAVE..HE SPEAKS AGAINST INTERRACIAL DATINg.HE DOES MORE THAN TALK ABOUT A STRUGGLE...HE FLAT OUT DISSES WHITEYS IF U LISTEN....SO DONT BUY THE ALBUM. LIL WAYNE GOT LOVE FOR YALL .GO GET DAT ALBUm.
LOL

No rappers really like white people. I don't blame them because not many white people like rappers deep down, so its a fair ugly exchange.
 07-04-2008, 09:46 PM         #7
TheChamp86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nah,i cant picture how it is beein black in america..The impression a easy impressed fella would get from boxden,is that its horrible.but we all know most of boxden members are full of sh*t,including me,but i try to make some sense from time to time :)

this album isnt the type u wanna play in your car but when your at home relaxing,this is a good album to put on
Im actually gonna take the time to just chill on the couch and put this on and really listen to it.
sh*t,its not often music like this is coming out.its 1 in between 7 wack south albums.

Well Done Nas

Last edited by TheChamp86; 07-04-2008 at 09:50 PM..
 07-04-2008, 09:48 PM         #8
maf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I guess that even if you're not a part of it, you can still admire the art.
 9 years ago '04        #9
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 BoxdenSleuth said:
I honestly can't. It's ok but I am white, and I really can care less about the black mans struggle or how hard he has it. It doesn't interest me or keep me interested. As far as songs, he made good music, I am not bashing it. Its just as a white person who could give a sh*t about a struggle, does it have any redeeming qualities?

Just trying to see if I am alone on this.

BoxdenSleuth does not care about black people

Last edited by Mysonne; 07-04-2008 at 09:50 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #10
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
 BoxdenSleuth said:
Most of the white people on Boxden liek to think they can relate to black people and deep down want to be black, so I don't know if they relate or try to relate.
no most white people on boxden like"real hiphop".So they hate on artisit like wayne and TI .And they like artist like nas and Immortal Technique and the other half of white people are G-unit and New York stans.Thats why this is possibly the worse hiphop section on the internet.Because its filled wit HATERS AND Stans.Who dont have an open ear for anything except their lovers
 9 years ago '08        #11
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
 CheezyDoDo said:
no most white people on boxden like"real hiphop".So they hate on artisit like wayne and TI .And they like artist like nas and Immortal Technique and the other half of white people are G-unit and New York stans.Thats why this is possibly the worse hiphop section on the internet.Because its filled wit HATERS AND Stans.Who dont have an open ear for anything except their lovers

says the Weezy d*ck rider...fu*k outta here...ur a clown
 9 years ago '05        #12
space
space
space
 Mysonne said:
BoxdenSleuth does not care about black people
LOL you are kinda right. I care about myself and when I look in the mirror I see white skin, so by default I don't.

But don't feel bad, I don't care about other white people either. I don't care about anybody. lol
 9 years ago '04        #13
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
i can relate to a certain degree but do i know what it's like to be black, no. but does that mean i can't comprehend the struggles or care about the struggles...no. you'd be lying to yourself if you, as a white person, denied the fact that you've actually seen racism bc it's a part of everyday life. you not being honest with yourself if you say this issue doesn't touch you.
 9 years ago '05        #14
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Lol this zzzzzz BoxdenSleuth deleting his post.

EDIT:

Well anyway, just because your white doesn't mean you can't relate. Even white boys face racism, racism is human nature, a way of life.

Last edited by JaiMega; 07-04-2008 at 09:56 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #15
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
Nas doesnt give a fu*k about white people. This album wasnt made for you.
 9 years ago '05        #16
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
By reading your post, I would guess not, but it's not surprising, Nas and most black people can't relate to Fall Out Boy :rolleyes:
 9 years ago '05        #17
space
space
space
 *eckounltd1972* said:
By reading your post, I would guess not, but it's not surprising, Nas and most black people can't relate to Fall Out Boy :rolleyes:
Neither can I. They suck.

I can relate to Kanye, Lupe etc. Not so struggle dominant.

It is a good album, just not something I can say has songs that I can really vibe with.
 9 years ago '06        #18
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,616 | Props total: 2237 2237
There have always been a certain percentage of Whites drawn to the plight of the minorities & disadvantaged of America. It's really nothing new. It just really depends on 2 things. What you've seen/been taught in you youth & your ability to relate to different people on their terms. From abolitionists, to civil rights workers, to social workers & teachers in minority communities. If you can't relate, then don't try to force it, just move on. It's just if you fancy yourself a connoisseur of hip hop, you have to partake in every aspect of the music. From the gangster aspect, to the dance aspect, to the Black nationalist aspect. You need to see all perspectives of the music to truly apperciate the art of it. If not, you're just a fan of the pop aspect of the music. Ain't nothing wrong with that, but you just gotta be able to tell the difference between respecting a culture & just being a fan of music.
 9 years ago '06        #19
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,482 | Props total: 731 731
who da fuk is fall out boy
 9 years ago '05        #20
space
space
space