Nas - Untitled (2008)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
82 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What it is??!??!?!??!
5 - Classic and nothing less 244 51.91%
4 - Nas came through 172 36.60%
3 - Not bad but nothing special 29 6.17%
2 - Mediocre 12 2.55%
1 - Nas your time is up 13 2.77%
Voters: 470. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #161
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 Magnificent Phoenix said:
NaS flopped.

n*gga can't pick a beat for sh*t.

Album that had the best beats was It Was Written, and that was over 10 years ago.

I'm a connoisseur of the radio world, and there is no viable radio hit on that album. Keri Hilson has no name recognition and the background sounds are irritating.

The best track is "09. n.i.*.*.e.r. (the slave and the master) 04:33" but it's not radio friendly

Soulja Boy, David Banner, and Three 6 Mafia all have better beats

He got his core fans, will probably even lose some, and certainly won't gain any significant ones.

A real artist pulls more people in to his music as he progresses.

I'm more interested in hearing what someone thinks of this album who didn't already have NaS in their top 10 rap artists. There's too many STANS replying to this thread.
A radio connoisseur? Naming an album zzzzzz (even if it's been changed, content remains the same) isn't attempting to garner radio spins. Obviously an artist wants their music to be heard, but since when has Nas been a hitmaker?

His biggest single of all time was from the album you mentioned, It Was Written. Where was the hit single on Stillmatic, which a lot of people consider to be one of his best albums. God's Son had Made You Look, but beyond that many found that album to be incipid.

I had no idea that the calibur of an artist is based on his beat selection. You claim that the best track on the album is N.I.G.G.E.R., but I'm guessing that's from your standpoint of "radio connoisseur". From a sonical standpoint that and Hero don't belong in my opinion.

Saying that Soulja Boy, David Banner and Three 6 Mafia have better beats (they are of course producers as well) is subjective. From your radio standpoint maybe this holds weight, but none of them are great rappers. I know you didn't claim this, but I don't understand why a rapper's beat selection dictates the quality of his music.

All of the above cater to the radio. I'm sure that is more important to you than artistry. Thenagain the numbers have shown that people could care less about the artistry, so I'm sure I'm in the minority anyway. Not all music is made for the radio; some people do still use hip-hop as a means of self-expression, and not just to make people dance.
 07-07-2008, 04:21 PM         #162
Deuce Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ClokWoRk ORaNge said:
a real MC, makes the beat a viable backdrop to the words and lyrical content he is delivering and not the other way around. nas picked beats that serve as the background to his foreground. a real artist pulls more people into his music with creativity and intelligence, not by folding under industry pressures and diluting content so that the "beats are hot".
:applause:
 07-07-2008, 05:11 PM         #163
NickthaQuick1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3stacks said:
Wow I just took my 1st full listen and I sh*tted on myself litterally.

literally????
 9 years ago '04        #164
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Magnificent Phoenix said:

Album that had the best beats was It Was Written, and that was over 10 years ago.

I'm a connoisseur of the radio world, and there is no viable radio hit on that album. Keri Hilson has no name recognition and the background sounds are irritating.

I don't think Nas really cares about the radio at this stage of his career. Did you even listen to the last verse of Hero?

It is funny that you mention that IWW has the best beats considering most people feel that's when Nas sold out or started slippin musically or whatever you want to call it. Trackmasters did most of those beats and most of them were sampled heavily and poppy to please the "radio world" as you call it. This album was not meant for the radio.

After 10 albums how many more fans can you gain? Let's be serious. Nas has progressed as an MC and as a person, his career has had way more high's than low's and that is what you'd expect someone who has been in hip-hop or any music for over 15 years.

Last anyone who can not realize that Nas is a Top 10 MC of all time better have a damn good argument as to why not. Ask any MC in the game and i'd bet it would be pretty difficult to find a Top 10 w/o Nas in it. I would think most musicians/artists/producers etc would have a better opinion that you. Please explain to me what makes you a connoisseur because I just don't see it with your highly jaded opinion.
 07-07-2008, 07:13 PM         #165
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MadGam325 said:

Queens Get the Money > the whole Carter III

....and i was feeling carter III, but after listening to this you realized that other rappers arent saying ANYTHING... Nas is on a whole notha level.. He BEEN proved he the GOAT from Illmatic.. Untitled def one of his best

This is Nasir Jones at his finest... its ridiculous
 07-07-2008, 07:16 PM         #166
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i been listening to this album since its been on the net
ima buy this first day it comes out
this and the new royce album if its out
 9 years ago '05        #167
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
Sick of these motherfu*kers talking about a hot beat. WTF is a hot beat anyway. Everytime somebody says that sh*t I go to listen to it and the song usually sounds like HOT garbage because there's no substance behind it. Nas is not making songs to get played on the radio. This motherfu*ker is not a one hit wonder. He's been around since 92. This album is on some next sh*t and making people think about what is going on in this world and country. I can see why people don't like this sh*t because it's too complicated and makes motherfu*kers think and comprehend. People want that easy sh*t nowadays where the artist isn't saying a damn thing over a 'hot' beat. I will be purchasing this sh*t on the 15th.

And to the idiot that said Nas flopped, let me know when Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, Plies and whoever else you consider good is around in the year 2020still making albums and still relevant.

Last edited by bootsy; 07-07-2008 at 07:39 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #168
ONESUN187 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,308 | Props total: 594 594
sly fox is easily one of the most thought provoking tracks in years...excellent ear candy.
 07-07-2008, 08:27 PM         #169
bwrecks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u guys are fukking scum. Quit bootlegging and support real hiphop. I personally refuse to cop this album until it drops officially.
 07-07-2008, 08:38 PM         #170
bwrecks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 djone said:
Yeah N.IGGER is my favorite track....
C/S. this was definently my fav track off the mixtape. YALL NEED TO SUPPORT THIS NICCA!!!!!
 07-07-2008, 08:40 PM         #171
Deuce Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bwrecks said:
u guys are fukking scum. Quit bootlegging and support real hiphop. I personally refuse to cop this album until it drops officially.
how can you cop it if its not out?

07-07-2008, 09:27 PM         #172
Rob_136 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bwil said:
hottest sh*t this year hands down. Definitely going to buy this one.
Co-sign. :applause:
 9 years ago '04        #173
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,389 | Props total: 3852 3852
loved it. bout to listen on the ipod
 9 years ago '04        #174
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
 bwrecks said:
it's not even out...

you stupid fu*kin loser
 9 years ago '04        #175
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
Classic. .easily. .Nas now has more than 5 classic albums. .him jay and pac . .3 best of all time easy . .fu*k trying to pick a single best its impossible

But damn this album is groundbreaking. .its going in the opposite direction of everything else. .lyrically its possibly one of the best albums EVER. .thats right i said it. .and the production is unbelievable as well. .

I'm without a doubt buying this. .This isnt only a classic its one of the best album ive ever heard in my entire life. .this is on illmatics level. .all eyes on me. .ready to die. .anything like that. .this may not be better than those but its the closest thing we've had to that level of music in a long a.ss time

Be thankful and listen to this sh*t . .Nas produced a masterpiece

:applause::applause::D:D

NaS has made me a happier man.

Best sh*t in 10 years and that is how i feel.
 9 years ago '04        #176
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
nas 2 sophisticated for you simple ni99az
 9 years ago '06        #177
hawk48202 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,608 | Props total: 349 349
Fried chicken is the sh*t. I swear that n*gga made that song for me. I eat chicken 3 out of 7 days out the week.
 9 years ago '05        #178
HAKONAMATADA 
space
space
$292 | Props total: 2 2
5/5
 9 years ago '04        #179
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 bwrecks said:
Just cause you downloaded doesnt mean you bootlegged and distributed it. I personally pre-orderd a copy from Itunes and will cop a CD on the 15th. I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty sure a good percentage of the board will go and support Nas. Even if they don't, aint like he aint dumb rich already.
 07-09-2008, 08:23 AM         #180
Willie Mays 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
reading the comments, there is no middle ground for you guys,

the album is either a 5/5 or a -5/5
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy