most viewed right now
Video inside Gucci Mane Reveals Why He Sold Young Thugís Contract
20 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside she wanna play ball
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Give It
1 Mic 53 3.97%
2 Mics 34 2.55%
3 Mics 119 8.92%
4 Mics 408 30.58%
5 Mics 720 53.97%
Voters: 1334. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-25-2004, 06:03 PM         #161
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I found it odd that Nas only has one verse on "Just A Moment" yet Quan has two verses
 12 years ago '04        #162
Ophqui 
space
space
space
$407 | Props total: 0 0
3 mics at best.

The album is overly long for something that only has a couple of real standout tracks. Very few artists have the capacity to hold down a double album without losing points, and nas aint one of them. His usually excellent concepts (the man that brought you 'rewind' and 'i gave you power') turn to sh*t on this album. Was d!ckriding rakim his best concept? lame. Album reminds me somewhat of jay z's blueprint 2, makes a lot of the same mistakes.

It's pretty obvious to me that nas is never going to be illmatic level again, im slowly losing interest in his career
 11-27-2004, 12:39 PM         #163
Sangria1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 1/2 easy pushin 5
 12 years ago '04        #164
Rap Prodigy 
space
space
$327 | Props total: 9 9
3.5 it was sick yet i dunno i felt like it was missin sumtin. His only really great album will always be illmatic
 12 years ago '04        #165
Austin316 
space
space
space
$62 | Props total: 0 0
does anyone know when the retail comes out, because the track listing on CDNow matches the advanced copy
 12 years ago '04        #166
Skilllz 
space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 388 388
I'd say 4 mics
 11-29-2004, 07:09 AM         #167
theone2g 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dis sh*t is pure fire, great hip - hop album, best this year no doubt, 5mics
 12 years ago '04        #168
sinistababy 
space
space
$3,725 | Props total: 34 34
i'm buyin this bi*ch tomorrow... wasn't even questionin myself with "was i?".. i AM..
 12 years ago '04        #169
knowledgesup 
space
space
$532 | Props total: 20 20
5 mics, no doubt.

"There's only one life, one love, so there can only be one king"
 11-30-2004, 08:52 PM         #170
RaCs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no one gonna touch nas this year, im sorry, album of the year
 12 years ago '04        #171
Veno da Don 19 heat pts19
space
space
$18,958 | Props total: 1570 1570
Best album in the last 4 years I mean that.

NaS is on Pac's level when it comes to real lyrics. But that's expected from me can't wait til he comes to the "D" Friday with my fav local group Rock Bottom!!

sh*t is going to be Krazy!!!

SD 5 MIC CLASSIC!!
 12 years ago '04        #172
Veno da Don 19 heat pts19
space
space
$18,958 | Props total: 1570 1570
1 question what can the next single be?? Cause I don't hear the commerical smash that these cakes like. Maybe the sh*t with Maxwell or "Getting Married" can't tell album is 2 real for the Radio!!
 12-04-2004, 12:33 PM         #173
HamNEggs116 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5

good... but not classic
 12-04-2004, 02:13 PM         #174
RaZe_304 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MoOCoWMoosic said:
wack a.ss shiet no bangin tracks only yawners, yall hyping this bi*ch to much its weak and lame bunk sh*t, stop d!ck rydin this n*gga like he a real n*gga that live thug life. he fake. he wanan be like pac. listen to the song from nas called "the message" he says :

"So dumb felt my leg burn then it got numb
Spun around and shot one, heard shots and dropped son
Caught a hot one, somebody take his biscuit before the cops come
Then they come asking me my name, what the fu*k
I got stitched up and went through the
left hospital that same night"

thats why that n*gga pac diss this n*gga cuz he fake like shiet mayne tellin storys and making up shiet like he got shot and left the hospital like pac, mayne n*gga fake. n*gga nas like all the other fake a.ss gangsta rappers out there mayne so fu*k his wack shiet mayne. feel me.

It's hard to understand you when you got Pac's d!ck in ya mouf....
 12-04-2004, 05:24 PM         #175
Dooper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5 mics,..
 12-04-2004, 05:32 PM         #176
TaXeS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
841th...classic sh*t...
 12-05-2004, 03:35 PM         #177
djuice429 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
salaam remi and les dope on the production. but nas shouldve added good morning and serious ft. az. those are the 2 missing tracks that shouldve been on the album. i jus bought the retail and was disappointed that az track wasnt on there.
 12 years ago '04        #178
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
I've been listening to this more and more, and I gotta settle on 4.5 mic...very good album...

I think the production is ill personally...I read one comment where someone said this album isn't musical enough for him...but it is very musical indeed if you are really listening...some of the instrumentation done for the beats are very sick...

The beat on the first track is ILL if you listen to every instrument being played in it...that joint was a co-production of Salaam Remi, L.E.S. & Chucky Thompson...ill sh*t...

Album is very introspective...especially where he really talks about where he's at in his life on the second disk...with Remembering The Times he used to fu*k all the dimes...soon to be Getting Married...and the reception song No One Else In the Room with Maxwell, that was a tight little sequence of joints...

But something is missing that would make this album a straight classic...it is great, but I cannot call it that at this point, 4.5...
 12 years ago '04        #179
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 Ophqui said:
3 mics at best.

The album is overly long for something that only has a couple of real standout tracks. Very few artists have the capacity to hold down a double album without losing points, and nas aint one of them. His usually excellent concepts (the man that brought you 'rewind' and 'i gave you power') turn to sh*t on this album. Was d!ckriding rakim his best concept? lame. Album reminds me somewhat of jay z's blueprint 2, makes a lot of the same mistakes.

It's pretty obvious to me that nas is never going to be illmatic level again, im slowly losing interest in his career
I feel where you are coming from...there really are no songs to that caliber, and I never even thought about that...but it seemed clear to me that Nas didn't aim at those types of joints, nor did he need to to put this album together...

Actually though there are some ill concepts...

For instance U.B.R...that's some pretty original sh*t in my opinion...if anyone has done anything like this before then forgive me...

Even with the Makings Of a Perfect bi*ch; Nas turns into Einstein to invent his idea of a perfect female...

Then you got Sekou Story and Live Now...those were ill concepts to me as well...on Sekou Story he's telling a story about one of his man's who came up and was doing big things, but showed that he got too deep into things and gave the perspective of how it feels for his loved one who loses him...

Then on Live Now...just listen to it man...maybe not exactly the type of concepts you are looking for, but you gotta feel the music...if you are solely looking for joints like Rewind and I Gave You Power then you are looking in the wrong place...

Nas is spitting on topics he feels are relevant now and seemed to get away from just making conceptual songs...I can't tell you if this is good or bad for us fans though...I though overall the album was a good job though...
 12 years ago '04        #180
kocaine187 
space
space
space
$1,491 | Props total: 0 0
man i think this album is really good man the best sh*t of the year, umm maybe kanyes is a bit better then this but this sh*ts all over encore
Home      

most viewed right now
Health How You Can Rewire Your Brain
21 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y'all Remember Rachel From Boy Meets World???
145 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside White Booty Meat (1 pic)
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy hunts down pedophiles and beats them with a hammer
145 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fif's Bullet Catcher "Monster" Stays In The Cut!
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dave East - One Way ( Offical Video) .. Nas Has to Be Proud of him
43 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 23 - Obama: once out of office, Iím gonna stop being polite and start gett..
90 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Lloyd Banks - All Or Nothing 2: Live It Up Tracklist (Ft. Joe Budden, V..
66 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy