Nas - Streets Disciple

most viewed right now
Video inside The Game - Pest Control (Official Music Video)
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors media day pics and debut of new "Crossover" jersey
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hov x Gucci
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe100 Clowning Beanie Sigel For Jumping Sides. Riding With Game
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Give It
1 Mic 53 3.97%
2 Mics 34 2.55%
3 Mics 119 8.92%
4 Mics 408 30.58%
5 Mics 720 53.97%
Voters: 1334. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12 years ago '04        #81
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 1 1
 strat said:
Very mature intelligent hip hop album. Esco is truly in a zone not constrained by label politics and truly speaks his mind as if hes in a barber shop not a studio. Great fu*king album. This is a step ur rap game up moment in hip hop.
Props homie...well put on the barber shop comment, I agree...
 12 years ago '04        #82
Jamaro85 
space
space
 Greaterthanthou said:
i must be missing something.. im the biggest Nas fan and i feel let down. Thief's theme and Nazereth Savage are fu*kin sick! but where are all the other hard hitting tracks with grimey beats.. where are the tracks like 'nas is like', 'get down', 'made u look', 'NY state of mind pt. 2'??? this sh*t is a let down for real, the album is not balanced enough... too many slow tracks..

3 mics... but it may grow on me...
I feel you on that homie...you want that gritty, back in the day QB sh*t...truth is though is that Nas is grown and he ain't that gritty cat that you are looking for...Nas just did it real on this album...
 12 years ago '04        #83
Jamaro85 
space
space
 kjigga said:
reminds me of bp2;if he took his best tracks and put them on one disc, guaranteed classic...otherwise i give it a 3.5
Serious? This sh*t is nothing like BP2...BP2 was a collection of songs...joint was not a cohesive albums...just a bunch of random tracks tossed together...

To me after my one listen of each disc of the album, it all flowed well...the album was actually an album...not mixtape type sh*t...Jay-Z with BP2 and Black Album was more like a mixtape of songs...not an album...
 12 years ago '04        #84
Jamaro85 
space
space
 Skin Whitey said:
the only ones who gave it one mic are kids who havent hit puberty or dipset fans...
Lol, most likely...
 12 years ago '04        #85
Jamaro85 
space
space
 qwasian said:
3 1/2 mic's at best..... this joint has some hot points.... but it didnt' impress me... I could see me putting it down quick & not listening soon......
Go listen to Eminem or Lil Jon...
 12 years ago '04        #86
Jamaro85 
space
space
 Para[D]ox said:
streets disciple > black album
True story...
 12 years ago '04        #87
Jamaro85 
space
space
 The Rzarector said:
From what I heard it's at least 4-4.5 but still big chance for 5 when I hear this completely a few times.
Exactly what I feel homie...I said to myself 4.25-4.5...the classic label comes like good liquor...with time...
 12 years ago '04        #88
Jamaro85 
space
space
 DCbullets202 said:
why should it take a year to recognize a classic? you should be able to tell by your 3rd or 4th listen that this a classic. real "listeners," might can tell on their 1st.
Lol...real listeners? I listen to music so thoroughly, inside and outside analyzing everything...but even I will say you don't deem an album a classic after a couple listens...

If that sh*t is played out the same week you got it then it ain't classic...prime example = Jay-Z last 2 albums...
 12 years ago '04        #89
Jamaro85 
space
space
 balla459 said:
Ok, I'll bet you the retail will get ripped very soon. Why would ES* mark this ADVANCE if this was the retail cd? They would just label it Nas-Street_Disciple-Retail-2CD-2004
Supposedly so they could make room for error IN CASE the retail does change...but this is the same tracklist as the supposed retail...
 11-17-2004, 12:55 AM         #90
beansy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Definitely feelin Streets Disciple, but it's not hittin me right off like his last two joints did. I lost count of how many times I had God's Son on loop...but this joint right here, took me a while to really get the feeling of it and understanding, something I'm seeing in a lot of people's posts right now. Take nothing away from it, it's arguably the hottest album of the year, and really drives home the power rap can have on our culture.
 11-17-2004, 12:58 AM         #91
MC t - a - N 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4.5 boxes
 11-17-2004, 01:56 AM         #92
MoOCoWMoosic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jae phill said:
whats up with you MAYNE you a hater MAYNE obviously you aint never been shot MAYNE cause Everybody knows after you get shot cops harrass MAYNE
and to avoid breaking the code of the street MAYNE most n*ggaz just dodge the interragation process MAYNE so MAYNE like 3 n*ggas i know were following pacs footsteps MAYNE because after they got shot they left the hospital MAYNE plus you know never know what the other n*gga will do so why be in a place he knows you will be? I DONT THINK YOU KNOW WHAT YOU PREACH stop listening to hip hop by reading this garbage you posted i can tell you a brainwashed hip hop f*g.....and to dude who cleared the fact that nas is a story teller much props for shining light on shallow minds

by the way the MAYNE is just making fun of this homos internet vocab MAYNE
what does it have to do with me being shot? or code of the street n*gga? what you know bout the code of the street n*gga you just some 12 year old kid who started listening to hip hop and think he knows the code of the streets cuz' he listen to rap. mayne there aint no "code" so dont give me that bull shiet mayne. and i aint preaching, just my opinion stop being lil d!ck ryda because i defame your hero and stop protecting him. cats who reply to me, are the real d!ck rydaz cuz they cant stand to see nas gettin defamed theres a difference between a d!ck ryda and a fan just pointin them out. bi*ches in here just give this album a 5 without even listening to it and callin it classic when its only just a advance. and "code of the streets" HAHAHA NIGGGA YOU FUNNY LIKE TITO JACKSON NAME dont ever say that agian. cuz thats just makin you look like a "brainwashed hip hop f*g". hahahahahahaHAHAHAHA CODE OF THS STREETS HAHAHahaHAHAhahahaha

oh yeah i just dont respect that n*gga nas. yea, hes a good stor teller and mc ill give him that. but at the end its not him hes just telling storys of movies he saw like scarface and godfather any mc can do that better then him. yeah this albums is alot different but i aint feeling him. rap is bout image and many other sh*t. would you listen to homo rapper? no. thats how i feel about nas. so all you d!ck rydas can eat a bowl of sh*t and gobble a d!ck.

Last edited by MoOCoWMoosic; 11-17-2004 at 02:06 AM..
 11-17-2004, 04:41 AM         #93
razcobar 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't really find anything wrong with the album. It flows so well as an album. Dude didn't just throw some hot tracks together(Stillmatic) he mad an album.(Illmatic/IWW)

This is arguably the best album of the year
The best double album by a solo artist
 11-17-2004, 07:09 AM         #94
balla459 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Supposedly so they could make room for error IN CASE the retail does change...but this is the same tracklist as the supposed retail...
Well, I don't trust ADVANCE releases because when the Kanye came out the ADVANCE copy, Kanye_West-College_Dropout-ADVANCE-2003. This wasn't the retail copy, so I'm waiting until a group rips the actual retail cd. WHY DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS NAS ISNT POSTED IN THE Album Releases - Tracklists and Dates FORUM?!? It's an ADVANCED, not actual retail.
 11-17-2004, 07:29 AM         #95
bsmith 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ or because E$C released it!
 12 years ago '04        #96
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,307 | Props total: 69 69
 balla459 said:
Well, I don't trust ADVANCE releases because when the Kanye came out the ADVANCE copy, Kanye_West-College_Dropout-ADVANCE-2003. This wasn't the retail copy, so I'm waiting until a group rips the actual retail cd. WHY DO YOU GUYS THINK THIS NAS ISNT POSTED IN THE Album Releases - Tracklists and Dates FORUM?!? It's an ADVANCED, not actual retail.
U STUPID IDIOT. THE OFFICIAL NAS WEBSITE HAS THE SAME TRACKLISTING. ITS OBVIOUS THAT THIS IS THE OFFICIAL ALBUM. YOU PROBABLY THOUGHT THE SAME sh*t ABOUT EMINEM'S ENCORE. KANYE WEST'S ADVANCE CAME OUT MONTHS BEFORE THE RETAIL WHICH IS Y IT CHANGED.
 11-17-2004, 07:51 AM         #97
Father Aftermath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This Album > Your Life
 11-17-2004, 09:33 AM         #98
balla459 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
U STUPID IDIOT. THE OFFICIAL NAS WEBSITE HAS THE SAME TRACKLISTING. ITS OBVIOUS THAT THIS IS THE OFFICIAL ALBUM. YOU PROBABLY THOUGHT THE SAME sh*t ABOUT EMINEM'S ENCORE. KANYE WEST'S ADVANCE CAME OUT MONTHS BEFORE THE RETAIL WHICH IS Y IT CHANGED.
No, I knew the Encore was real. You are dumb just because it has the same track listings doesnt mean its real. It could have been ripped from a dubbed copy of Street Disciple and not from the actual CDDA. When the real one gets ripped, I will bet you it will have higher bitrate averages.

Last edited by balla459; 11-17-2004 at 09:35 AM..
 12 years ago '04        #99
jazzypoet 
space
space
space
$461 | Props total: 0 0
 Para[D]ox said:
streets disciple > black album
Don't play yourself homey leave Jigga out of this lets just talk about this ablum.
 11-17-2004, 10:11 AM         #100
Ghetto Fabolou$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^exactly why do we got to always compare nas and jay z ....
anyway this album came just in time cause i was feeling really dissapointed about the 2004 year in hip hop
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx One gotta go for good
61 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The stars that aged well, are? And the stars that didn't age well, are?
112 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sep 24 - CNN Live footage of crime scene manipulation and gun plant
71 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Amazing Video Games That Never Got A Sequel
72 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Well Damn DRAKE - PLEASE FORGIVE ME Video out now non apple link come i..
127 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy